Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dbernstein leaves02:01
* lsitu joins02:28
* lsitu leaves02:35
* dwilcox joins07:35
* dhlamb joins07:53
* dwilcox leaves08:05
* dwilcox joins08:07
* harringj joins08:08
* dwilcox leaves08:20
* whikloj joins08:58
* benpennell joins09:03
* bryjbrown joins09:15
* apb18 joins09:23
* bseeger joins09:29
* peichman joins09:36
<apb18>API alignment sprinters: I created an initial agenda for today's meeting. Feel free to tweak or add to it: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2017-09-18+Sprint+Midpoint09:44
* lsitu joins09:48
* yamil_ joins09:50
* peichman leaves09:55
* peichman joins09:56
* escowles joins09:57
sorry, i've got a local meeting, so i won't be able to make the sprint midpoint meeting — but i've already commented on the webac module issue and think having a curated list of questions for the memento folks sounds like a good plan10:00
* dbernstein joins10:02
* westgard joins
<bseeger>apb18 - you just got really quiet10:04
<westgard>sprinters: I'm getting a voicemail service when I try to join the conference
<apb18>westgard: bizarre, the meeting so far is going smoothly10:06
<westgard>It says please leave a message.
<apb18>maybe try the voip dialer?10:08
<westgard>I think it must be something with the phone system here. I'm going to continue troubleshooting it, but don't derail the meeting over this.
Hopefully I'll be there shortly.
<apb18>FYI, it (the free converance app) routed me to (425) 225-0073
for reference, here's a link to an email on the memento forum from asj6f to memento group from last year at this time: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/memento-dev/b1UGjc7nbVE10:18
<bseeger>sure - np10:23
<bseeger>I'd be for moving it back in to the main codebase.10:31
I have one WebAC question to pose to the group (and maybe fedora tech later this week)10:40
* bryjbrown_ joins10:56
* bryjbrown leaves10:58
<bseeger>thanks abp18!10:59
<westgard>Here's the best place to look for the use cases that informed the development of the original WebAC implementation: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+WebAccessControl+Authorization+Delegate#Design-WebAccessControlAuthorizationDelegate-UseCases11:03
* bryjbrown_ leaves11:15
* apb18 leaves11:29
* apb18 joins11:44
* peichman leaves11:46
* peichman joins11:56
* lsitu leaves
* lsitu joins11:57
* peichman1 joins11:58
* peichman leaves12:00
* bseeger leaves12:02
* dwilcox joins12:37
* dwilcox leaves12:41
* dwilcox joins13:14
* bseeger joins13:17
* dwilcox leaves13:53
* westgard leaves14:02
* dwilcox joins14:19
<benpennell>awoods: escowles: bseeger just pointed out to me this section of the spec https://fcrepo.github.io/fcrepo-specification/#version-resources-ldprm which we are currently interpreting to mean that if you want an LDPR to be versionable, you would need to create the LDPR with that type link header to begin with. So is the intention that in order to allow for versioning you would need to make that declaration up front instead of enabling 14:24
later point?
<escowles>benpennell: there's nothing in the spec that says you couldn't make something into a versioned resource with a later PATCH or PUT14:28
so i think it's fine to create a resource, and then update it to enable versioning
<bseeger>To update it means to add a 'rdf:type' of “http://fedora.info/definitions/fcrepo#VersionedResource” to a resource?14:29
as in that is what makes it versionable? (I realize that's what the model is now, right?)
<benpennell>the first time i read it I thought it was just saying that a memento would simply have that rdf type, but on rereading i was confused because of it talking about creating the ldpr with that type link header, and I am unclear on what interaction you would use to actually create a memento with that header (regular ldp crud post request to the ldpcv?)14:30
* dwilcox leaves
* github-ff joins14:33
[fcrepo4] lsitu opened pull request #1238: Support Want-Digest for external content with Head and Get (master...feature/want_digest_external) https://git.io/v5NeD
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox joins14:47
<harringj>apb18: wanted to provide an update on FCREPO-2609. i've got the code copied over to fcrepo. the project builds. the tests pass. i've been trying to figure out what we need from rbacl,, but i'm not seeing any refs at all to rbacl, except in this js file: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/blob/8a96967aa2080585df43c9ab674c6a20009c9dcd/fcrepo-webapp/src/main/webapp/static/js/common.js14:53
that is, no refs in either the fcrepo repo or the fcrepo-module-auth-webac repo14:54
<apb18>harringj, let me double check...
harringj: There are import statements for 'org.fcrepo.auth.roles.common.<whatever>'14:57
e.g. "import org.fcrepo.auth.roles.common.AbstractRolesAuthorizationDelegate"14:58
in WebACAuthorizationDelegate.java
I *think* it's only defined in:14:59
<harringj>ok, i'll take a look at that. thanks!
<apb18>harringj: Yes, it's somewhat bizarre. Look in webac's pom for 'fcrepo-auth-roles-common'15:01
that module is provided by rbacl, but it's not obvious by looking at its name
<harringj>apb18: ha, yeah! i wasn't looking for that language. i was naively searching for 'rbacl'15:02
<apb18>harringj: That's probably why nobody noticed all this time!
* dwilcox leaves15:31
<benpennell>apb18: I am rereading the fcrepo spec and noticed that in section 3.2, these two sections sound like changes from fcrepo4 but aren't in the delta document15:38
* The server must provide a corresponding response body containing information about which statements could not be persisted.
* In that response, the restrictions causing such a request to fail must be described in a resource indicated by a Link: rel="http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp#constrainedBy" response header per [LDP]
i haven't checked the tickets that have already been worked on, but maybe those would be good tickets?15:39
<apb18>benpennell: looking..15:40
benpennell: Which part of that does Fedora not comply with at this time - is it the body, or the constraints header?15:43
benpennell: Well, in any case maybe a ticket to check and fix if it needs fixing15:44
<bseeger>it looks like it returns the first trouble triple right now, versus all the triples that cause issues.15:47
abp18, benpennell
* dwilcox joins15:52
<benpennell>thanks bseeger. it looks like it does return the constrainedBy header, I hadn't seen that before in usage or the document15:53
<bseeger>benpennell — yeah, so it's mostly there. it doesn't return all the triples that are causing issues though, just the first one15:54
so, there's a small delta there
* dwilcox leaves15:58
<apb18>Sure, then it makes sense to add it as an issue15:59
* dbernstein leaves16:53
* dbernstein joins16:56
* bseeger leaves17:01
* dbernstein leaves17:10
* apb18 leaves17:14
* peichman1 leaves17:15
* benpennell leaves17:16
* apb18 joins17:43
* dhlamb leaves17:46
* yamil_ leaves17:47
* whikloj leaves17:57
* benpennell joins18:46
* apb18 leaves18:51
* harringj leaves19:02
* benpennell leaves
* benpennell joins19:29
* benpennell leaves19:44
* benpennell joins19:45
* benpennell leaves19:50
* benpennell joins20:47
* escowles_ joins21:02
* escowles leaves21:06
* benpennell leaves21:31
* benpennell joins21:32
* benpennell leaves22:17

Generated by Sualtam