Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dhlamb leaves00:23
* thomz joins04:28
* manez joins07:01
* manez leaves07:06
* dhlamb joins07:28
* dchandekstark joins07:31
* dchandekstark leaves07:36
* manez joins08:00
* dwilcox joins08:04
* manez leaves
* coblej joins08:10
* dhlamb leaves08:23
* manez joins08:29
* dhlamb joins08:42
* dchandekstark joins08:58
* dchandekstark leaves
* dchandekstark joins09:00
* dchandekstark leaves09:04
* acoburn joins09:13
* bseeger joins09:28
* esm_ joins09:31
* peichman joins09:35
* acoburn leaves09:53
<bseeger>ruebot: just an fyi - I will be a few minutes late to the import/export meeting09:54
* bseeger leaves09:55
* peichman leaves10:02
* peichman joins10:03
* ajs6f joins10:27
* apb18 joins10:32
* mikeAtUVa joins10:33
<ajs6f>awoods: Ping10:34
<ajs6f>awoods: initiating launch procedures. also starting the release.10:35
<awoods>ajs6f: rock-on. The import/export call starts at 11, but I will be around all day.
<ajs6f>awoods: Good. Further bulletins as events warrant and catastrophe demands.10:36
<awoods>ajs6f: will you be updating: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I_zTMxh2l2rf2wpafoTwhSTR5GZuEoaTcZmTKCI3xT4/edit#gid=1283770870 ?10:37
<ajs6f>awoods: Oh, cripes.
awoods: I suppose.
* peichman leaves
<awoods>ajs6f: It has proven helpful in keeping things organized10:38
<ajs6f>There is an Anonymous Penguin and an Anonymous Kraken on that page. I hope I am the Kraken.
<awoods>You might be the ferret
<ajs6f>I don't see a Ferret.10:39
* peichman joins
<awoods>must be you10:40
<ajs6f>I wonder if it shows the same Anonymous Animals to everyone.10:41
<awoods>I don't see the kraken
<ajs6f>I am a raken in my own eyes, but a ferret to the world.
<awoods>but I do see the penguin
<ajs6f>The penguin is in the eye of the beholder. Which makes it very difficult to see.
<awoods>only the ferret remains10:42
<ajs6f>The beholder and the kraken have battled each other to death.
<awoods>long live the kraken/ferret!
<ajs6f>Krakerret, the friendly, curious gaping maw.10:43
* dchandekstark joins
<ajs6f>Are we going to 4.6.1-SNAPSHOT or straight to 4.7.0-SNAPSHOT?
<awoods>4.6.1-snapshot... since the 4.7.0 branch is in master.10:44
* coblej leaves
<ajs6f>Wait, shouldn't that mean going to 4.7.0-SNAPSHOT? If we are already developing it?10:46
* dchandekstark leaves
<awoods>ajs6f: the 4.6.0-RC branch will be changed into the 4.6.0 release branch, and if necessary the 4.6.x maintenance branch. 4.7.0-snapshot is in master.10:47
<ajs6f>awoods: Okay, whatevs. It's just a env variable to me.10:48
<awoods>ajs6f: that's the spirit
<ajs6f>awoods: That goes for _all_ of Fedora. Not just this release task.
* ruebot has a tattoo of a three-eyed kraken10:51
* dchandekstark joins10:52
<ajs6f>If anyone in this project is an Iron Islander, it's ruebot.
<ruebot>ajs6f: here i thought i was a wildling10:53
<ajs6f>ruebot: Oh, all you hairy uncouth fellows from the North look the same to a civilized Southron like myself.10:54
<ajs6f>Wow, mvn release:clean worked. I'm faintly astonished.10:55
What is SCM release tag or label for "Fedora Commons 4"? (org.fcrepo:fcrepo) fcrepo-4.6.010:56
I guess>?
awoods: ^^^ Is that just the git tag?
* jhs joins
* awoods looking in github for previous tags...10:57
<ajs6f>That _is_ the form of the previous tags.
* escowles joins
* dchandekstark leaves11:00
* dhlamb leaves11:01
* dchandekstark joins11:02
* bseeger joins11:06
* dchandekstark leaves
* barmintor joins11:08
* dchandekstark joins
* ylchen joins
I am here, but not sure my mic is working11:09
<barmintor>mikeAtUVa is everything
<ylchen>my mic is somehow not working, I will re-connect
* acoburn joins
<barmintor>hey, you all sound like modems and now static
* dchandekstark leaves11:14
* dchandekstark joins11:16
<barmintor>minimal testable product
* dwilcox leaves
<escowles>MTP++ # like that idea11:17
<ylchen>can't hear anything? anyone is speaking?11:19
<ruebot>ylchen: awoods and i just were
<barmintor>awoods broke up into a 1000 digital artifacts there for me, and now I can't hear anything.
<escowles>yes, ruebot and awoods are talking
crystal clear
* dchandekstark leaves11:20
<barmintor>awoods ruebot implicit requirement is only BasicContainer, right?11:21
<ylchen>Does this Import tool support taking BagIt from others and import to Fedora?11:23
<escowles>ylchen: i think the expectation is that it's importing something exported — but if you wanted to craft a bag that looked like an exported bag, then it should work11:24
<mikeAtUVa>ylchen: from our previous conversations, "No, except possibly in the extremely narrow circumstance where a bag was exported from fedora4 and imported into fedora4".
* dwilcox joins
<ajs6f>GPG: you can be a real pain in the neck.11:25
<barmintor>ylchen: I think BagIt specifies too little to be generically importable
and also ++ to escowles
<ylchen>Ok. Thanks!
<ruebot>ylchen: that's were BagIt Profile will most likely be coming it. If a bag conforms to a profile, then we _should_ be able to import it.11:26
* dchandekstark joins11:27
* manez leaves11:31
<barmintor>the advantage of picking a serialization fmt first is that you can split the import and export verification into parallelizable tasks
<ruebot>bseeger: default in serializer is ttl, right?11:33
* manez joins
<ajs6f>Ultimate transparency would be Ntriples, I guess.
<barmintor>I don't know enough about the camel serializer to comment on this, tbh11:34
* dchandekstark leaves11:35
<ajs6f>It writes out Fedora resources as Bactrian, Dromedary, or Turtle.
<barmintor>"the advantage of picking a serialization fmt first is that you can split the import and export verification into parallelizable tasks"
* dchandekstark joins
<barmintor>esp if part of our goal is that the input was created, not exported11:37
* jhs leaves11:38
* dchandekstark leaves
* dchandekstark joins11:41
* coblej joins11:44
* dchandekstark leaves11:46
* github-ff joins11:47
[fcrepo4] ajs6f tagged fcrepo-4.6.0 at 62842e7: https://git.io/vie8m
fcrepo4/fcrepo-4.6.0 fbe8e38 ajs6f: [maven-release-plugin] prepare release fcrepo-4.6.0
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>Here we go.
<barmintor>ajs6f++ // break a leg, or a branch
<ajs6f>I am already broken. Fedora broke me years ago. I only hope for darkness now.11:48
* dchandekstark joins11:51
<barmintor>I think it would be valuable to say that versions are out of scope of this sprint
* dchandekstark leaves11:52
* thomz leaves11:53
* dchandekstark joins11:54
<barmintor>mikeAtUVa: you're basically saying that the export should indicate the "as-of-datetime"11:55
does that help?
<escowles>barmintor: i think mikeAtUVa was saying that the metadata already says as of what time
* coblej leaves11:57
* JustinSimpson joins11:58
* coblej joins11:59
* acoburn leaves12:01
* dchandekstark leaves12:02
* coblej leaves12:03
<barmintor>bseeger: I am +1 the idea of a camel module that uses common serial, but also +1 not requiring camel to export a resource, fwiw
I'm happy to pivot to python or java12:08
I think ruby would be a mistake
b/c of what escowles is saying12:09
<mikeAtUVa>bash and curl?
<ajs6f>awoods: Isn't this
completely wrong now?
* awoods still on import/export call
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: xargs your whole repo
* coblej joins12:10
<barmintor>the is a word that start with a 'P' and ends with a 'L' and it is installed everywhere12:11
<escowles>barmintor: i was totally avoiding mentioning that...
* whikloj joins
<bseeger>LISP? Oh, got that backwards
<barmintor>you were just using a different parse tree style12:12
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4671 (fcrepo-4.6.0 - fbe8e38 : ajs6f): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/fbe8e38da6b6
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/155971307
* travis-ci leaves
<mikeAtUVa>Sometimes I have trouble getting java8 (or even 7) on VMs.12:14
<barmintor>escowles: noteworthy that you are conflating "using the export tool" and "running fcrepo"
* coblej leaves
<escowles>barmintor: i am assuming that people who want to do import/export are probably running their own repo(s)12:15
<barmintor>escowles: that's what I think is interesting!
<escowles>barmintor: do you think there are people not running fedora at all, who want to export your repo?
<barmintor>s/your repo/a resource from your repo/12:16
but yes- I anticipate the export being a client activity
different permission structure, pragmatically speaking12:17
escowles: but if we know what the pkg looks like, "left to the implementors"
<ajs6f>barmintor: I will use an HTML web scraper to harvest your repo.12:18
<ylchen>How hard to transfer bash to other language? if it is not an issue, then just use shell.
<barmintor>ajs6f: IDK if you're being sarcastic or not, but that is kind of the point of LDP
<escowles>ylchen: assuming we all know bash pretty well, not that hard
<barmintor>a point, anyway12:19
<ajs6f>barmintor: That is the point of REST, I think. I shouldn't have to know all your assumptions about the world.
barmintor: a point, anyway
<ylchen>If a bash can be done in a day, bash++, we can choose what language to use later12:21
<barmintor>ruebot: I have to drop, but if ppl have real reservations abt bash, I am aok w/ Java12:22
<ylchen>If use java/pyhton can be done in a day, go ahead use java or python
<ajs6f>If acoburn were on the call, he could speak up for Erlang.
<bseeger>none here12:24
yes, to being about to run java812:25
* dhlamb joins12:26
* dchandekstark joins12:30
* ruebot notes we have a ticket for import, but not one for export
* dchandekstark leaves12:31
* dchandekstark joins
* dchandekstark leaves12:36
* dchandekstark joins12:39
* aysed leaves12:40
* dchandekstark leaves12:43
<ylchen> have a meeting at 1pm, got to go.12:45
* ylchen leaves
<bseeger>I have to leave - bye!12:46
* dchandekstark joins
* dwilcox leaves
* bseeger leaves12:56
* acoburn joins12:57
* dwilcox joins13:02
<escowles>i've got to get going - talk to y'all later13:03
<ajs6f>Wow. This "making Javadocs for Github" takes _forever_.13:06
<ruebot>ajs6f: yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
<ajs6f>ruebot: :)
<ajs6f>I'm going out. Maybe it'll be done when I come back.
afk bbl13:10
* ajs6f leaves
* coblej joins13:12
* JustinSimpson leaves13:13
* github-ff joins13:19
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vie6O
fcrepo4/master 1aeada2 Andrew Woods: Ensure HEAD on external binary content responds with redirect (#1092)...
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2129 -- do you have to do something on your end, so i can move this to start work?13:20
<awoods>ruebot: let me open all of those tickets...
* bseeger joins13:22
<awoods>ruebot: can you "start work" now?
* dchandekstark leaves13:23
* coblej leaves
* dchandekstark joins13:29
* coblej joins
* dchandekstark leaves13:33
* coblej leaves13:34
* acoburn leaves13:38
* acoburn joins13:39
* dchandekstark joins
* github-ff joins13:40
[fcrepo4] acoburn pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vieXg
fcrepo4/master 5b4f632 Andrew Woods: Fix bug in HTML UI due to upgrade to Jena 3 (#1093)...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4672 (master - 1aeada2 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/4bfdd2594f6f...1aeada253499
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/155995243
* travis-ci leaves
* dchandekstark leaves13:41
* coblej joins
* dchandekstark joins13:42
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] acoburn pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vieXF
fcrepo4/master 2e38cdb Andrew Woods: Remove deprecated checksum query param (#1094)...
* github-ff leaves
* peichman1 joins13:49
* peichman leaves13:50
<ruebot>awoods, barmintor, escowles_lunch: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/113:52
awoods: should we setup irc notifications for that repo too?
* coblej leaves13:58
* travis-ci joins13:59
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4673 (master - 5b4f632 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/1aeada253499...5b4f632225a4
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/156001146
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins14:00
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4674 (master - 2e38cdb : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/5b4f632225a4...2e38cdbdb93e
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/156001512
* travis-ci leaves
* dchandekstark leaves14:01
* coblej joins14:03
* bseeger leaves14:07
* dchandekstark joins
* esm_ leaves14:16
* dchandekstark leaves14:17
* dchandekstark joins14:22
* dchandekstark leaves14:25
* ajs6f joins14:26
Oh, poop.
Failed to execute goal com.github.github:site-maven-plugin:0.12:site (github) on project fcrepo: Error creating tree: tree.sha 4751db7a031e1a306984bee796602f56202098ef is not a valid blob (422)
Anyone seen anything like that while doing a release?14:27
<ruebot>ajs6f: yep! just start it again. ...at least that's what i have done in the paste.
<ruebot>ajs6f: it should pick up where it failed.
<ajs6f>Now I don't feel so alone.
So alone.14:28
Oh, jeez. "Creating 1,316 blobs". Again.14:30
awoods: I seriously don't think I'm going to get through this today.14:31
awoods: I'm going to start doing the other projects/artifacts in parallel.
* yinlin joins14:32
* dchandekstark joins
<yinlin>ruebot: Hi Nick, just saw the meeting note, is the current sprint for phase 1? My manager only interested in bagit bags, so I will re-join this when in that phase. Thanks!14:34
<ruebot>yinlin: yeah, bagit is later phases, but there will be some preliminary stuff in this phase.
<ajs6f>ruebot: Y'all ended up skipping Bagit for later?14:35
<yinlin>ruebot: Yes. I think so. But will regularly check the meeting notes. Thanks!14:36
* dchandekstark leaves14:39
* yinlin leaves14:40
* dchandekstark joins
* acoburn leaves14:45
<awoods>ajs6f: If you need a hand-off on pushing the docs to gh-pages, let me know.14:46
<ajs6f>awoods: Hm. Maybe that works? Dunno. I don't think it actually slows down my (quad-core SSD) machine that much. It just takes _forever_. But maybe "multithreading" would be better? I guess the git repo is such a state now that you could pull it and do mvn site, right? I've pushed everything.14:48
awoods: Also, ^^^^ about pushing the RC back onto master. We're not going to do that, right? Not after we switched to acoburn's zany scheme?
<awoods>ajs6f: right, the RC will stay on its current branch14:49
<ajs6f>awoods: I
<awoods>ajs6f: we will likely want to change the name of that branch when you are done releasing
<ajs6f>am going to toast that section of the release process page, to prevent future confusion.
awoods: To just fcrepo-4.6.0 ot something? Meaning get rid of the RC?14:50
<awoods>ajs6f: or 4.6.x-maintenance ?
ajs6f: I won't do any doc/gh-pages work unless you hit another failure.14:51
<ajs6f>awoods: That sounds fine, too. Or 4.6.x-you-should-prolly-think-about-upgrading-cuz-we-got-rid-of-Modeshape.
awoods: Okay, let's see if it goes through this time.
awoods: I'll ping you if not.
* dchandekstark leaves
<awoods>ajs6f: if you toast the "merge to master" part of the wiki page, could you add some next text about renaming the RC branch?14:52
* peichman1 leaves
<ajs6f>awoods: Yeah, you want to start with "-maintenance"?
<awoods>ajs6f: if that sounds reasonable to you, sure.
<ajs6f>awoods: Nothing in the Bizarro World that is Fedora sounds reasonable to me, but I just grin and nod my head and hope that no one notices.14:53
<awoods>ajs6f: that is a +1 if I've ever heard one.14:54
* mjgiarlo chuckles
* bseeger joins14:55
* dchandekstark joins14:56
* dchandekstark leaves14:59
* coblej leaves15:00
* coblej joins15:02
* mjgiarlo leaves15:03
* dchandekstark joins
<ajs6f>Why is a crocodile longer than it is green?15:08
<whikloj>ajs6f: I don't know ajs6f "Why is a crocodile longer than it is green"?15:09
<ajs6f>whikloj: THANK YOU FOR ASKING!
whikloj: It's only green on one side, but it's long on both sides.15:10
Does that joke not fill your heart with joy?
<whikloj>ajs6f: https://media.giphy.com/media/l0NwPZ027mabR6Tg4/giphy.gif15:11
* acoburn joins
<ajs6f>whikloj: you do not look anything like I thought you did15:12
<whikloj>ajs6f: I'm a chameleon
<ajs6f>whikloj: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG45dI5GHUg15:13
Man, i love Steve Buscemi.
<whikloj>I could be Steve Buscemi15:14
ajs6f: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMo_HcRBnUY
<ajs6f>We should put credits in the pom.xml: whikloj played by Steve Buscemi, played by whikloj.15:15
* mjgiarlo joins15:16
<whikloj>ajs6f: or ajs6f played by whikloj, played by Steve Buscemi, played by whikloj, played by ajs6f15:21
the cycle begins again
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods opened pull request #1095: Enable multiple user-provided content digests (master...fcrepo-1842) https://git.io/vieh7
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>See,this is what I meant by "the Bizarro World that is Fedora".
Does anyone use the metrics stuff? I wonder if that stuff sucks up performance...15:33
<awoods>ajs6f: I was pondering the same15:34
ajs6f: having that around was a priority about 3 years ago.
<ajs6f>awoods: I feel like some stakeholder wanted it, then eddies got really into it for some reason. But I have yet to see any end user even noticed it15:36
awoods: Hooray: https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/fcrepo/fcrepo-webapp/4.6.0/15:37
<awoods>ajs6f: nice work15:38
<ajs6f>I did nothing. The Sonatype gnomes used their magic.
<awoods>ajs6f: but it was you who inspired those gnomes
<ajs6f>awoods: I like to think of myself as inspiring to gnomes.15:39
But not elves. Hell, no, not elves.
* dchandekstark leaves15:40
<awoods>you have to have principles
<ajs6f>awoods: This is odd-ish. doing mvn release:prepare for -auth-rbacl, getting:15:41
[WARNING] Ignoring unrecognized line: ?? release.properties
Make any sense to you? I don't like to see WARNINGS in a task like this.
<awoods>ajs6f: I don't recognize it
Erm, now I'm getting "There are still some remaining snapshot dependencies" and it looks like mvn release:prepare is trying to go against org.fcrepo:fcrepo:4.5.2-20160723.013639-57. I suppose all of the dependencies _would_ be snapshots.15:45
But isn't release:prepare itself supposed to change exactly that?15:46
<awoods>those snapshots should have been resolved in release:prepare... yes
<ajs6f>awoods: I'm trying to _run_ release:prepare.
<awoods>do you see any snapshots in your pom.xml?
<ajs6f>awoods: Yep. As you'd expect, 4.5.2-SNAPSHOT15:47
<awoods>release:prepare should have changed that
<ajs6f>awoods: I am trying to _run_ release:prepare. I haven't successfully run it yet.
awoods: i've got that WARNING and this weirdness where it is complaining about the SNAPSHOTS.
awoods: I guess I can just try it and it goes off, git reset it.15:48
<awoods>ajs6f: or make a clone, and try there
<ajs6f>awoods: I am working on a clone. I am always working on a clone. I may _be_ a clone, for all I know. I've read my PKD.15:49
awoods: now:
Dependency 'org.fcrepo:fcrepo' is a snapshot (4.5.2-20160723.013639-57)
: Which release version should it be set to? 4.5.2: :
I guess 4.6.0 would be the right choice.
<awoods>4.6.0, yes
<ajs6f>What version should the dependency be reset to for development? 4.6.0: :
I'm saying 4.7.1-SNAPSHOT
<ajs6f>Oh, right.
<awoods>SNAPSHOT, sorry15:50
<ajs6f>Oh, jeez, it's going to go through this for _every_ dep.
<awoods>bliss, isn't it
* barmintor frowns sympathetically
<ajs6f>awoods: Is this _expected_?15:51
<awoods>sounds like it so far
<ajs6f>awoods: This is what you see every time?
<awoods>ajs6f: indeed
every time
acoburn: You want to give a spiel for Gradle now?
<acoburn>ajs6f: it's wonderful, and it will make this build configuration _so_ much simpler15:53
<ajs6f>Oh, and this is great, and after hours of grinding:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.github.github:site-maven-plugin:0.12:site (github) on project fcrepo: Error creating tree: Not Allowed (405) -> [Help 1]
<barmintor>on the other hand, I'm glad it wasn't just me15:54
<awoods>ajs6f: I will handle pushing the fcrepo docs... tomorrow, unless you want more.
<acoburn>ajs6f: FYI https://github.com/Islandora-CLAW/CLAW/issues/348
<ajs6f>It's a conspiracy. A C-O-N-spiracy.15:55
awoods: I am going to leave them alone for now and just try to keep kicking things out to Sonatype. We can figure it out tomorrow.
<acoburn>ajs6f: you see why I REFUSE to use snapshot dependencies in any of the camel tooling?
<ajs6f>acoburn: Using your own SNAPSHOTs across projects is a symptom of a failure to architect cleanly.15:56
<acoburn>ajs6f++ # I completely agree
<ajs6f>awoods: Wait, after release:prepare the actual module version is 4.6.1-SNAPSHOT, because it's got:15:58
That's not right, is it? Shouldn't it be 4.6.0?
<awoods>ajs6f: it is right...
ajs6f: there should be two commits15:59
<ajs6f>Yeah, first to 4.6.0 then to 4.6.1-SNAPSHOT
<awoods>git diff HEAD~1
git diff HEAD~2 HEAD~1
<ajs6f>All right, I'm just getting confused now by trying to do too many things at once.
And without any beer, too. That doesn't help.16:00
<bseeger>ajs6f: if you need to be filled with joy again, there's a great alligator joke above
<mjgiarlo>ajs6f: 🍻16:04
<awoods>what is that little thing, mjgiarlo?
<ruebot>awoods: beers http://irclogs.fcrepo.org/2016-08-29.html16:06
awoods: i got the diamond question mark in irssi
<escowles>awoods: ruebot: you don't see emoji?16:07
<ruebot>escowles: not in irssi
<awoods>not in HexChat
<escowles>ruebot: :-(
<whikloj>I imagine awoods more like a Tank, sitting there interpreting the Matrix16:08
s/like a Tank/like Tank/
<mjgiarlo>egads, I can't even imagine an emojiless existence any longer.16:10
PCDM 3.0 will collapse all entities into the `pcdm:Emoji`.16:11
<escowles>pcdm:Emoji rdfs:subClassOf pcdm:Emoji
<ruebot>awoods: travis and irc is setup on https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export now16:14
* github-ff joins16:15
[fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl] ajs6f tagged fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl-4.6.0 at 7e14f18: https://git.io/vivLK
fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl-4.6.0 82212ca ajs6f: [maven-release-plugin] prepare release fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl-4.6.0
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins16:16
[fcrepo-import-export] ruebot closed pull request #2: Adding stub README and execution plugin (master...exec-stub) https://git.io/vivLy
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-import-export] ruebot deleted exec-stub at f8746cb: https://git.io/vivLd
* github-ff leaves
* dchandekstark joins16:18
<ruebot>awoods, escowles: is https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2129 resolved? or do y'all need me to setup the basic command line flag stuff? or you got that escowles with the skeletal setup?16:20
<awoods>ruebot: I say done... and I am happy to work on both: basic executable jar and CLI framework.16:22
<awoods>ruebot: would you mind creating a ticket for those two pieces?
<ruebot>awoods: sure!16:23
* ruebot puts on sprint leader hat
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl#79 (fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl-4.6.0 - 82212ca : ajs6f): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/commit/82212ca4e2e4
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/builds/156041741
* travis-ci leaves
<ruebot>awoods: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-213716:25
awoods: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2138
<awoods>ruebot: great
* peichman joins16:26
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vivqr
fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/gh-pages e915f4d A. Soroka: Creating site for fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl, 4.6.0
* github-ff leaves
<mjgiarlo>awoods: hey! fyi, two folks on the hydra-in-a-box team will be contributing cycles towards the performance work you identified a week or two ago.16:27
<awoods>mjgiarlo: Christmas came early16:28
<mjgiarlo>ruebot++ # for ring-leading the import/export sprints (which I had intended to dial into this morning, but alas, 8am.)
<awoods>mjgiarlo: who and when?
* ruebot remembers to create meeting page for next performance scale meeting16:29
<mjgiarlo>awoods: Bill Branan and Danny Bernstein, who work for some upstart outfit. starting vaguely nowish, and going for at least a couple of weeks. we do sprint planning every week.
<ruebot>mjgiarlo: they west coast or east coast? perf/scale calls are usually at 11am
mjgiarlo: but happy to move them to get more involvement
<awoods>mjgiarlo: very sneaky
<mjgiarlo>I suspect they can make those, ruebot
<awoods>mjgiarlo: but good16:30
<mjgiarlo>ruebot: I'll bring the perf/scale meetings to their attention
I'll take it.16:32
* github-ff joins16:33
[fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vivmH
fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/gh-pages 4958fe6 A. Soroka: Creating site for fcrepo-auth-roles-common, 4.6.0
* github-ff leaves
<mjgiarlo>ruebot: K, the next perf/scale meeting is on their radar now.16:35
<ruebot>mjgiarlo, awoods: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-09-26+Performance+-+Scale+meeting
<mjgiarlo>pushed out a week because of the PSU sprint, right?16:36
<ruebot>mjgiarlo: correct!
awoods: my "janky" test #5 is _still_ running! 9,229,015
<mjgiarlo>ruebot: much obliged, sir16:37
<awoods>ruebot: but it still has not hit the failure timeout threshold?
* github-ff joins16:38
[fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vivYB
fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/gh-pages c8b38f4 A. Soroka: Creating site for fcrepo-auth-roles-basic, 4.6.0
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods: correct!16:39
<ajs6f>Fedora 4: Slow and steady winds the race.
<awoods>ruebot: that is good, I suppose16:40
<mjgiarlo>ruebot: FWIW, holding meetings at 11am ET isn't a big imposition for folks out here. (I was up in time for today's imp/exp meeting, but I had family obligations.) or, at least, if they say it's a big imposition, we should remind them all the hoops our friends in Europe and Australia jump through to talk to us. ;)
<ruebot>awoods, ajs6f: so, we should tell everybody to deploy fcrepo-data on an NFS share, and MySQL data on an NFS share as well. The stablest, slowest fcrepo4 possible!
<ajs6f>ruebot: People who experience corruption issues should be told, "Your hardware is probably too fast."16:41
<mjgiarlo>ajs6f++ # haha
<mjgiarlo>"sorry to hear about those corruption issues; maybe you shouldn't host your infrastructure in New Jersey."16:42
<ajs6f>awoods: rbacl's github pages went thru (yay!). What is "doc index.html" in the Google Doc supposed to mean?
* dchandekstark leaves
<ajs6f>mjgiarlo: You gotta nice little repository here. Be a shame if something were to happen to it.
<awoods>ajs6f: it refers to the links here: http://docs.fcrepo.org/
<mjgiarlo>"ey. your objects fell off the back of a truck."16:43
<ajs6f>mjgiarlo: That's why your modeling is all bent out of shape.
<ruebot>awoods: i've delayed setting my new work machine for this test :-)
<awoods>ajs6f: the "index.html" is in fcrepo4/gh-pages
<ruebot>awoods: which is fine, since i'm working from home 85-90% of the time
<ajs6f>awoods: I had no idea that existed. We are already multiplying the sources of docs, just like in the good old days of F3.
<mjgiarlo>Posively Corrupted Data Model
er, Positively. where's my edit button?
<ajs6f>awoods: So what is actually the task in that column? Editing that file?16:44
<awoods>ajs6f: yes
<ajs6f>awoods: To have a link to… what? the new gh-pages?
<awoods>ajs6f: just follow the pattern
<ajs6f>awood: Thank you, Gandalf.
* ruebot snorts16:45
awoods: before i forget, you have the virtual stand-up check-in template?
<ajs6f>awoods: This? https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/blob/gh-pages/site/4.6.0/fcrepo/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/index.html
[Import/Export Standup]
* Completed yesterday:
* Planning on completing today:
* Blockers / Need help with:
ajs6f: no, the index.html that is in fcrepo4/gh-pages16:47
* dwilcox leaves
<ruebot>ajs6f: i believe it is this https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/blob/gh-pages/index.html -- https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/blob/gh-pages/index.html#L47
awoods: OK, I will look at it later this evening. Got to get out of the office.
<awoods>ajs6f: make a break for it
<ajs6f>awoods: What's the point? I'll still be a Fedora committer when I get home. There is no expunging the stain on my heart.
* ajs6f leaves16:49
* acoburn leaves16:50
* bseeger leaves
* dwilcox joins16:51
* dwilcox leaves16:59
* whikloj leaves17:06
* manez leaves17:08
* dchandekstark joins17:12
* coblej leaves17:13
* peichman leaves17:23
* ajs6f joins17:40
awoods: ping17:41
<ajs6f>awoods: Just checking if you were still around. I'm going to keep moving projects up the chart through Sonatype. I'll try and use up my daily Github quota for as many gh-pages as I can get in. We can worry about the wiki stuff and the main pages tomorrow. It's clear this isn't going to all get done this evening.17:42
"You are in 'detached HEAD' state."17:43
What an evocative phrase.
<awoods>ajs6f: sounds good. I do not believe I have seen a release go through in one day before.
<ajs6f>awoods: Then we have a new goal.17:44
Rearchitect the community impl so that releasing is… _fun_.
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-module-auth-xacml] ajs6f tagged fcrepo-module-auth-xacml-4.6.0 at 52a167c: https://git.io/viv8B
fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml-4.6.0 324b2cc ajs6f: [maven-release-plugin] prepare release fcrepo-module-auth-xacml-4.6.0
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins17:50
fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml#129 (fcrepo-module-auth-xacml-4.6.0 - 324b2cc : ajs6f): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/commit/324b2cc7d48e
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/builds/156063468
* travis-ci leaves
* apb18 leaves17:53
<ajs6f>What the hell is "creating blobs" doing, anyway? Is this some kind of Bitcoin-related scam?17:55
* dchandekstark leaves17:56
* dchandekstark joins17:59
* github-ff joins18:00
[fcrepo-module-auth-xacml] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vivRe
fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/gh-pages 2010413 A. Soroka: Creating site for fcrepo-module-auth-xacml, 4.6.0
* github-ff leaves
* dchandekstark leaves18:03
* dchandekstark joins18:04
* dchandekstark leaves18:08
<ajs6f>[ERROR] Non-resolvable parent POM for org.fcrepo:fcrepo-module-auth-webac:[unknown-version]: Could not find artifact org.fcrepo:fcrepo:pom:4.5.2-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 3, column 1118:14
* apb18 joins
<ajs6f>Why would we be calling out parent.relativePath?
* apb18 leaves18:15
* westgard joins18:25
* dchandekstark joins18:30
* westgard leaves18:33
* dchandekstark leaves18:34
* github-ff joins18:41
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] ajs6f tagged fcrepo-module-auth-webac-4.6.0 at 1b43720: https://git.io/vivgn
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/fcrepo-module-auth-webac-4.6.0 045ea0b ajs6f: [maven-release-plugin] prepare release fcrepo-module-auth-webac-4.6.0
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins18:46
fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-webac#164 (fcrepo-module-auth-webac-4.6.0 - 045ea0b : ajs6f): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-webac/commit/045ea0b50230
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-webac/builds/156075702
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins18:47
[fcrepo-import-export] awoods opened pull request #3: Enable creation of standalone, executable jar. (master...fcrepo-2137) https://git.io/viv2f
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins18:49
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/viv2m
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/gh-pages eea5479 A. Soroka: Creating site for fcrepo-module-auth-webac, 4.6.0
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins18:55
[fcrepo-mint] ajs6f tagged fcrepo-mint-4.6.0 at d861df5: https://git.io/viv21
fcrepo-mint/fcrepo-mint-4.6.0 65bd78b ajs6f: [maven-release-plugin] prepare release fcrepo-mint-4.6.0
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins19:04
[fcrepo-mint] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vivaa
fcrepo-mint/gh-pages cd7e462 A. Soroka: Creating site for fcrepo-mint, 4.6.0
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins19:07
[fcrepo-import-export] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/viva5
fcrepo-import-export/master a190487 Andrew Woods: Enable creation of standalone, executable jar. (#3)...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins19:15
[fcrepo-audit] ajs6f tagged fcrepo-audit-4.6.0 at f93cc6c: https://git.io/vivVi
fcrepo-audit/fcrepo-audit-4.6.0 e40e4d7 ajs6f: [maven-release-plugin] prepare release fcrepo-audit-4.6.0
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>awoods: ping19:20
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-audit#118 (fcrepo-audit-4.6.0 - e40e4d7 : ajs6f): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-audit/commit/e40e4d7526be
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-audit/builds/156081509
* travis-ci leaves
<ajs6f>awoods: you ever seen trouble with fcrepo-audit?
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.2:perform (default-cli) on project fcrepo-audit: No SCM URL was provided to perform the release from -> [Help 1]
which is weird, because there clearly is an URL in the pom.xml
<awoods>let me look...
I have seen that error before... but only when there is no <scm> section.19:22
<ajs6f>right— that would make sense. but there is a perfectly good scm section in this pom...19:23
<awoods>that is odd19:24
<ajs6f>yep. well, if it doesn't ring any bells, I'll start messing with stuff19:25
* github-ff joins19:53
[fcrepo-audit] ajs6f deleted fcrepo-audit-4.6.0 at f93cc6c: https://git.io/vivKJ
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins19:54
[fcrepo-audit] ajs6f tagged fcrepo-audit-4.6.0 at cf17784: https://git.io/vivKY
fcrepo-audit/fcrepo-audit-4.6.0 921b746 ajs6f: [maven-release-plugin] prepare release fcrepo-audit-4.6.0
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>awoods: ^^^ it was a typo: "4.6.1-SNAPSHOT"19:55
urg, I mean "4.6.1-SNAPSHO"
awoods: ping19:58
* github-ff joins20:00
[fcrepo-audit] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vivK6
fcrepo-audit/gh-pages 97f90b8 A. Soroka: Creating site for fcrepo-audit, 4.6.0
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins20:06
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-audit#119 (fcrepo-audit-4.6.0 - 921b746 : ajs6f): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-audit/commit/921b7466cc17
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-audit/builds/156087727
* travis-ci leaves
* ajs6f leaves20:07
* dchandekstark joins20:38
* dchandekstark leaves21:29
* dchandekstark joins21:36
* dchandekstark leaves21:41
* dchandekstark joins22:10
* dchandekstark leaves22:20
* dchandekstark joins23:21
* dhlamb leaves23:25
* dchandekstark leaves23:26
* github-ff joins23:43
[fcrepo-import-export] awoods opened pull request #4: Add CommandLineParsing framework (master...fcrepo-2138) https://git.io/viv5k
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>[Import/Export Standup]23:47
# Completed yesterday:
** Create a basic executable jar for fcrepo-import-export
** Create a basic CLI framework for fcrepo-import-export
# Planning on completing today:
Whatever help is useful/needed
# Blockers / Need help with:23:48
* dchandekstark joins00:23
* dchandekstark leaves00:28

Generated by Sualtam