Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dhlamb leaves00:01
* awead leaves06:51
* dwilcox joins07:18
* awead joins07:44
* dhlamb joins08:28
* Nianli joins08:34
* whikloj joins09:00
* cmmills joins09:03
* acoburn joins09:11
* awead leaves09:19
* awead joins09:22
* ksclarke leaves09:32
* ksclarke joins10:02
<dhlamb>anybody got time for what is hopefully a simple LDP question?10:03
awoods: is it kosher to use ldp:isMemberOfRelation using Indirect Containers?10:13
<awoods>dhlamb: ldp:isMemberOfRelation has a specific purpose relative to Direct Containers... how do you want to use it with Indirect Containers?10:14
<dhlamb>awoods: just exploring, really. i'm attempting to use it to put pcdm:memberOf on child objects instead of pcdm:hasMember on the parent10:15
awoods: was reading ldp spec last night, and it didn't explictly state it couldn't be used on indirect containers :(
awoods: so it looks like we won't be able to use that relationship while keeping everything at the top level. pcdm children would have to be in direct containers, which we're not doing (and for good reason, i think)10:17
<awoods>dhlamb: actually, it should probably be fine to use ldp:isMemberOfRelation with Indirect Containers... if it were possible in your scenario.10:18
<dhlamb>awoods: yeah, the real reason i'm asking is because it could avoid an n+1 query scenario if i were using ld+json in a document database as opposed to a 3-store. just doing some exploratory work before i bother attempting to get an indexer going on that.10:20
awoods: the spec would lead me to believe it's possible. but it's awfully dense and i'm somewhat confused10:21
<awoods>dhlamb: direct and indirect containers are the same with the exception of indirect containers having the additional predicate of ldp:insertedContentRelation10:22
<dhlamb>awoods: yes, that's the conclusion I came to last night
awoods: it's dicey b/c i'm talking about a use case that I may or may not have depending on how some things play out. timid to make a ticket for this10:24
<awoods>dhlamb: where would you make a ticket?10:25
<dhlamb>awoods: assuming fcrepo?10:26
awoods: it's the only LDP implementation i have to play with :)
<awoods>dhlamb: It is not clear what the ticket would be.
<dhlamb>awoods: "Indirect containers should honor ldp:isMemberOfRelation"?10:27
awoods: but again, it's for a use case I may or may not have. and i don't wanna bug people over it, especially if I wind up not using it.10:28
<awoods>dhlamb: oh! Are you saying you tried it an F4 did not work?
<dhlamb>awoods: well, aside from bugging you about it right now
awoods: yeah, totally. check this out: https://gist.github.com/daniel-dgi/97f6c9c618ba771ca819
<awoods>dhlamb: I will later
dhlamb: if it does not work, that should be a ticket10:29
<dhlamb>awoods: sure. it's not a high priority. just something I stumbled into last night while working through PCDM stuff
* umgrosscol joins10:42
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo4-T2 build #388: UNSTABLE in 5 min 14 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-T2/388/10:53
* jrochkind leaves
* yinlin joins10:55
* escowles joins11:00
<dhlamb>got nothing but muzak11:02
did i enter the wrong code?
* dhlamb is having a bad day today11:03
<acoburn>dhlamb: I got in using the flashphone
<escowles>dhlamb: new number; (712) 775-7035
code; 479307
<acoburn>or https://www.freeconferencecallhd.com/wp-content/themes/responsive/flashphone/flash-phone.php
* bseeger joins
* ajwagner joins11:05
<dhlamb>i can hear you, can you not hear me?
<acoburn>dhlamb: I don't hear you
<dhlamb>technical difficulties....
<ajwagner_guest>Sorry I'm late, have a standing 10-11 that often runs over ;)11:10
<whikloj>awoods: +1 to addition11:16
<acoburn>awoods: +111:41
<dhlamb>seems proper but painful?
maybe i've just never made professional enough software in the past
<ajwagner_guest>That aligns with my understanding of priorities here as well.11:43
<awoods>escowles: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-160911:45
<dhlamb>yes, the 'distributed data grid' layout from the modeshape documentation is what my boss's are sold on11:53
awoods: then if Grinder is the right tool, you can look at reviving that project to support your test cases11:58
<acoburn>awoods: minutes posted12:10
<awoods>acoburn: thanks
<acoburn>awoods: in terms of individual priorities, I plan to continue plugging away at OSGi
<awoods>acoburn: That was my assumption, and the work has been great. Plugging is good, a plan would be even better: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-162212:12
<acoburn>awoods: yes, that is on my radar
<awoods>acoburn: let me know if you need any help planning the next webac sprint (requirements, etc) in preparation for tomorrow's meeting.
* yinlin leaves12:14
* bseeger leaves12:15
<acoburn>awoods: thanks, that would be great (I'm out all afternoon)
awoods: maybe help on assembling the requirements list12:16
<awoods>acoburn: ok, pass along anything you have.
<acoburn>awoods: will do. I can take over again this evening12:17
* github-ff joins12:28
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] whikloj opened pull request #63: Update features.xml to add wrap as a prerequisite. (master...FCREPO-1763) http://git.io/vC12A
* github-ff leaves
* Nianli_ joins12:49
* Nianli leaves12:52
* acoburn leaves13:02
* cmmills leaves13:12
* github-ff joins13:17
[migration-utils] awoods opened pull request #39: Enable option for migration utils to work against an auth-protected F4 (master...fcrepo-1768) http://git.io/vC19i
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins13:18
[fcrepo4-client] awoods opened pull request #32: Enable preemptive Auth (master...fcrepo-1768) http://git.io/vC1Hv
* github-ff leaves
* awead leaves13:36
* avmich joins13:42
is there a way to check if two running Fedora instances formed a cluster?
<awoods>avmich: the root page has a description... or it did before 4.3.013:45
<avmich>you mean, the root page of running Fedora?..13:46
the one with top-level menu "Fedora - Home - Types - Transactions"?13:47
<awoods>avmich: yes13:51
<avmich>so, if it doesn't say anything, it's not in a cluster...
* awead joins
* awead leaves14:15
* awead joins14:16
<escowles>awoods: just ran through creating content in 4.3, running 4.4 on the same storage, and didn't see any problems14:18
i tried creating files, external content, LDP containers, doing SPARQL updates, posting RDF, etc. and also used the HTML UI14:19
* awead leaves14:24
* dwilcox leaves14:34
* awead joins14:36
* awead leaves14:38
* dwilcox joins14:41
* cmmills joins14:53
* github-ff joins14:55
[fcrepo4-client] mikedurbin pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/vCM8C
fcrepo4-client/master 73d80f9 Andrew Woods: Enable preemptive Auth...
fcrepo4-client/master a3ef377 Michael Durbin: Merge pull request #32 from awoods/fcrepo-1768...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[migration-utils] mikedurbin pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/vCM8B
migration-utils/master 82312c2 Andrew Woods: Enable option for migration utils to work against an auth-protected F4...
migration-utils/master 4a397da Michael Durbin: Merge pull request #39 from awoods/fcrepo-1768...
* github-ff leaves
<f4jenkins>Project migration-utils build #246: FAILURE in 49 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/migration-utils/246/14:56
awoods: Enable option for migration utils to work against an auth-protected F4
Yippee, build fixed!14:59
Project migration-utils build #247: FIXED in 1 min 54 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/migration-utils/247/
* travis-ci joins15:03
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-client#88 (master - a3ef377 : Michael Durbin): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-client/compare/5c0aa76f781b...a3ef377a74ea
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-client/builds/85592845
* travis-ci leaves
* avmich leaves15:04
* travis-ci joins15:06
fcrepo4-exts/migration-utils#100 (master - 4a397da : Michael Durbin): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/migration-utils/compare/607bcf0e3dc0...4a397da066ab
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/migration-utils/builds/85593045
* travis-ci leaves
* awead joins15:27
* awead_ joins15:32
* awead leaves15:33
* avmich joins15:47
<awoods>Thanks, escowles for sanity testing the 4.4.0 release!15:59
avmich: did you get things sorted?
* dwilcox leaves16:00
* dhlamb leaves
<avmich>awoods: no
no indication on the root page16:01
<awoods>avmich: on 4.2.0?
<avmich>no, I tried the latest version...16:02
would you recomment 4.2.0 tag?
<awoods>avmich: yes
<awoods>avmich: btw, what exactly is your use case?
* dwilcox joins16:04
<avmich>I want to have a static object storage which is protected from data losses16:11
so the idea is to have two copies of replicated data
this is within Suphia app on top of Hydra16:12
* dwilcox leaves
<awoods>avmich: that is good to hear... as that is an excellent scenario for the current (were it not broken) clustering capability of F4.16:13
avmich: are you a Java programmer?
<awoods>avmich: would you be interested in: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1739 ?
* Nianli_ leaves
<avmich>my problem is that I have to deal with too many systems which are too big to understand :) and they are connected in ways which makes it harder to test them separately16:15
I've read developer agreement... didn't like it :(
<awoods>avmich: you mean the Apache2 CLA?
<avmich>Duraspace's, which is based on Apache's - so, I guess, Apache's, yes16:16
I'm still thinking
<awoods>avmich: yes, it is just the Apache2 CLA. What are your concerns?
<avmich>I do see the point - what the agreement is trying to protect16:17
e.g., it asks address and phone
<awoods>avmich: yes. Is that a concern?
<awoods>avmich: DuraSpace does not make those CLAs public.16:19
<avmich>that's better
let me think
<awoods>avmich: DuraSpace does however list the names of the contributors: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSP/Contributor+License+Agreements16:20
<avmich>yes, I saw that
btw, regarding FCREPO-1739 - what if it's a ModeShape issue which Fedora Commons relies upon?
there is quite a big stack of libraries16:21
<awoods>avmich: I am almost positive it is related to some code that we ripped out before 4.3.0, likely due to the updates from this ticket: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-153516:23
<avmich>so the idea is to compare workings of 4.2.x and 4.3.0 and see where the problem originates?16:25
<awoods>avmich: or to cut right to the chase and see if it worked before the commits from the ticket mentioned above, and not afterwards.16:26
<avmich>yes, to minimize the suspicious changes16:27
<awoods>avmich: the fact is, we need someone in the community who actually has a use case for clustering to help drive it forward. For example, if someone actually had an interest in clustering while we were releasing 4.3.0, I suspect it would have never become broken. Unlike the other F4 functionality, we do not have an integration test for clustering.16:29
<avmich>I understand16:33
do you want to have an integration test for clustering? Hmm, two JVMs with two different ports on the same machine?16:34
and the criteria that it works?..16:35
<awoods>avmich: that would be nice. I suspect this ansible script could help. It currently spins up a cluster.16:36
<avmich>how do you know that it works? Sending data to an instance, checking another instance if data arrived there?16:38
* escowles leaves16:39
<awoods>avmich: yes, that is how I tend to test clustering, in addition to the more advanced scenarios of adding another F4 instance into the cluster (checking that it gets auto-populated) and killing an instance in the cluster (checking that the existing requests are uninterrupted).16:41
* awead_away leaves17:12
<avmich>fcrepo-4.2.0 doesn't run in cluster either for me :)17:15
* umgrosscol leaves17:23
* github-ff joins17:30
[fcrepo-webapp-plus] awoods tagged fcrepo-webapp-plus-4.4.1-SNAPSHOT at b4d4e17: http://git.io/vCDYp
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins17:36
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus#81 (fcrepo-webapp-plus-4.4.1-SNAPSHOT - 3a2ab16 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/compare/fcrepo-webapp-plus-4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/builds/85621550
* travis-ci leaves
<avmich>how can I check if infinispan instances formed a cluster?17:43
* github-ff joins17:53
[migration-utils] awoods tagged migration-utils-4.4.1-SNAPSHOT-2015-10-15 at 3b07ea9: http://git.io/vCDCY
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>avmich: logs?17:54
* travis-ci joins17:59
fcrepo4-exts/migration-utils#101 (migration-utils-4.4.1-SNAPSHOT-2015-10-15 - 4a397da : Michael Durbin): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/migration-utils/compare/migration-utils-4.4.1-SNAPSHOT-2015-10-15
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/migration-utils/builds/85625648
* travis-ci leaves
* whikloj leaves
* ksclarke leaves18:18
* cmmills leaves19:08
<avmich>where those logs should be?19:26
* the_mgt_ joins19:33
* the_mgt leaves19:37
* terrellt leaves19:54
* anarchivist leaves
* f4jenkins leaves
* ajwagner leaves19:55
* nic-data leaves
* awoods leaves
* ruebot_afk leaves
* avmich leaves
* ruebot_afk joins20:07
* f4jenkins joins
* ajwagner joins
* nic-data joins
* avmich joins
* anarchivist joins20:13
* f4jenkins joins
* terrellt joins20:15
* awoods joins20:16
* 20WACAFF9 leaves20:27
* ksclarke joins20:39
* dhlamb joins20:50
* avmich leaves20:55
* dhlamb leaves23:05

Generated by Sualtam