Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* jgpawletko joins07:19
* awead joins08:13
* ajs6f joins08:24
* dhlamb joins08:25
* osmandin joins08:46
* acoburn joins09:03
* awead leaves09:10
* awead joins09:14
* acoburn leaves09:19
* awead leaves09:20
* acoburn joins
ajs6f: awoods: re https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1664 it looks like, if I increment the servlet-api version to 3.1.0, fcrepo-webapp still deploys to tomcat709:27
I think it still makes sense to consolidate javax.servlet and javax.ws.rs usage, but simply incrementing the version gets at my main motivation for that ticket (cleaning up bundle dependency chains)09:28
awoods: if I make a PR, incrementing the version, should it reference this ticket or should it be a separate ticket?09:29
<ajs6f>I would make that a separate ticket. Maybe link them.09:31
* github-ff joins09:41
[fcrepo4] acoburn opened pull request #868: update servlet-api version (master...fcrepo-1676) http://git.io/vOi4w
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>thanks, acoburn09:42
* dwilcox joins09:44
* whikloj joins10:00
<awoods>welcome back, whikloj!
<whikloj>awoods: thanks, semi-glad to be back
<awoods>whikloj: if it is any consolation, you'll be gone again before you know it.10:02
* awead joins
<whikloj>awoods: was that a threat?!
<awoods>whikloj: that was philosophical inspiration.10:03
<whikloj>awoods: ahhh, it'll take a couple days before inspiration has any effect on me
<osmandin>awoods: would you know off top if there any usecases for research data on the wiki?10:04
<awoods>osmandin: there must be... one moment
<osmandin>awoods: I think I found one: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Research+Data10:06
<awoods>osmandin: that was easy
<osmandin>awoods: thanks
<awoods>osmandin: my please
osmandin: my pleasure
whikloj: your name came up repeatedly during our last two WebAC meetings... in a good way.10:10
<whikloj>awoods: yeah, Jon is at the Islandora conference and said my name was coming up there too in a good way.10:12
awoods: I'm making a push for president 2020
<awoods>whikloj: strike the hammer while iron is hot.10:13
<whikloj>awoods: I saw you had scheduled the sprints, I have a meeting with the boss today. I'll see which (or if both) we are in for.10:14
<awoods>ajs6f: I noticed that with your PR for https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1640 , that even though the client is updating /fcr:metadata, since that is not the resource that is changing, its etag (read: caching) is not affected. Would you like to resolve that in the current PR or shall we add a new bug ticket?10:15
<ajs6f>awoods: I'm not going to have time to work on that for ~2 weeks. Your call.10:16
<awoods>whikloj: that is great... ideally you could be on both, as the UMd folks are expecting you to take the dev lead role ;)
ajs6f: In this case, I am inclined to move your current PR forward (with my latest HTML UI updates), and file a high-priority follow-on bug.10:18
<whikloj>awoods: that would be unfortunate for all involved. I'm more of a pack mule than a lead dog.10:19
<awoods>whikloj: we'll have to work that out...10:20
<ajs6f>awoods: That's a thing that can be what is the one that is going to happen.
<awoods>ajs6f: are those words in the intended order?10:21
<ajs6f>awoods: They are certainly words.10:29
awoods: Can you put them in a better order?
<awoods>ajs6f: sounds like a challenge10:30
<ajs6f>awoods: Challenge the sounds!
* jgpawletko leaves10:31
* github-ff joins10:36
[fcrepo4] awoods opened pull request #869: Update HTML UI logic to support single-subject Binary resources (FCREPO-1640...fcrepo-1640) http://git.io/vOiHb
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods: fixed my pull request for vagrant -- https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-vagrant/pull/17/files -- should be good to go now.10:49
awoods: if we get it merged, we should be good to go for dwilcox's workshop tomorrow10:50
<awoods>ruebot: just testing and scratching my head
<ruebot>awoods: cool. i had a brain fart last night when i did the initial pull request.
<awoods>ruebot: ouch
<ruebot>awoods: yessir. but, dhlamb and i finally got the public 7.x-2.x demo up after much frustration.10:51
<awoods>ruebot: I look forward to hearing the conference update on tomorrow's call (or next week's).10:52
<ruebot>awoods: next week. i still have 6 of 11 presentations to give :-)10:53
<awoods>ruebot: you should consider sharing the wealth10:54
<ruebot>awoods: oh, i'm considering sharing it *very* much
<awoods>ruebot: I am not seeing fuseki getting updated in you vagrant PR11:00
ruebot: did you test it?
* escowles joins
<awoods>ruebot: fuseki gets downloaded and runs... but no updates from repository events.
* ruebot sighes11:01
<awoods>ruebot: hold on... neither is solr. The issue may be on my side.
<ruebot>awoods: would that be dependent on acburn's pull requests from yesterday?11:02
<dwilcox>awoods: It shouldn't be. I tested on my VM by running vagrant provision and it worked
<awoods>ruebot: hold on...11:07
ruebot: your PR is not up to date
ruebot: you are using the message-consumer, not camel, for some reason.11:08
ruebot: https://github.com/ruebot/fcrepo4-vagrant/tree/FCREPO-1674/install_scripts
* dwilcox leaves
<awoods>ruebot: your PR is 22 commits behind master
<ruebot>awoods: :-(11:19
awoods: updated11:21
* dwilcox joins11:49
* github-ff joins11:53
[fcrepo4-vagrant] awoods pushed 3 new commits to master: http://git.io/vOP0y
fcrepo4-vagrant/master dd0c81b nruest: version bump fuseki -- 1.1.2 404s. FCREPO-1674
fcrepo4-vagrant/master 8762fa6 nruest: Merge branch 'master' of github.com:fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-vagrant into FCREPO-1674
fcrepo4-vagrant/master 942ca09 Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #17 from ruebot/FCREPO-1674...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins11:55
[fcrepo4-vagrant] awoods force-pushed fcrepo4-vagrant-4.3.0 from 5980171 to e64bb59: http://git.io/vYaqC
fcrepo4-vagrant/fcrepo4-vagrant-4.3.0 fea084d nruest: version bump fuseki -- 1.1.2 404s. FCREPO-1674
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins11:57
[fcrepo4-vagrant] awoods force-pushed fcrepo4-vagrant-4.3.0 from e64bb59 to 6261e77: http://git.io/vYaqC
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:53
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/vOPN0
fcrepo4/master 507df86 Aaron Coburn: update servlet-api version
fcrepo4/master 5492bba Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #868 from acoburn/fcrepo-1676...
* github-ff leaves
* ajs6f leaves
* github-ff joins13:09
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #867: update jena version (master...fcrepo-1675) http://git.io/vOoZ6
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-karaf] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/vOXfi
fcrepo-karaf/master f1649c2 Aaron Coburn: update jena dependency
fcrepo-karaf/master f03409f Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #10 from acoburn/fcrepo-1675...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins13:11
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-karaf#27 (master - f03409f : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-karaf/compare/89c0de85d202...f03409f5dd7d
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-karaf/builds/74272918
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3920 (master - 5492bba : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/89d282655279...5492bbaf195b
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/74270328
* travis-ci leaves
<acoburn>awoods: I can review https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-164013:25
* travis-ci joins13:26
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3922 (master - 4dcab75 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/5492bbaf195b...4dcab75cc1f8
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/74272882
* travis-ci leaves
* dwilcox leaves13:27
<awoods>acoburn: thank you13:28
<acoburn>awoods: am I correct in assuming you just mean this PR: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/869
<awoods>acoburn: correct... that is the one commit that eludes ajs6f.13:29
* github-ff joins13:35
[migration-utils] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/vOXOx
migration-utils/master ea3b76e Mike Durbin: Added support for fedora 2 FOXML files.
migration-utils/master 2f1f3e5 Mike Durbin: Added additional configuration examples and updated readme.
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins13:36
[migration-utils] awoods closed pull request #28: Added support for fedora 2 FOXML files. (master...fedora2) http://git.io/vt8Tr
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>afk -- lunch13:37
* dwilcox joins13:59
* osmandin leaves14:57
<awoods>acoburn: The following PR does not build for me locally: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/85615:23
<acoburn>awoods: I'll try rebuilding it…15:24
<whikloj>awoods: I notice no one else is signed up for the Web AC sprints, are those dates fixed or suggested?15:25
<awoods>acoburn: https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/74289358
whikloj: then developers are: you, Peter, Mohamed, and maybe acoburn15:26
whikloj: on those dates
<whikloj>and of course the masterful awoods
<awoods>whikloj: waving my hands15:27
<acoburn>awoods: looks like javadoc doesn't like the angle brackets15:28
<awoods>acoburn: nope
<acoburn>awoods: this is the line: A {@link java.util.function.Supplier<String>} interface that guarantees the uniqueness of its provided values.
* dwilcox leaves15:29
<acoburn>awoods: should I rephrase it, substitute <, or just remove the <String> part?
<awoods>acoburn: either should be fine... your preference.15:30
<acoburn>I'll add < and > — as much as it will make the line ugly, it will be a better way to document the interface15:31
<awoods>acoburn: sounds good15:32
<acoburn>awoods: seems that javadoc doesn't like the & or ; characters either15:34
<awoods>acoburn: btw, I am a little perplexed by your usage of @Inject in FedoraEvent.java (although you are providing a hardcoded DefaultPathMinter instance) and a lack of @Inject in JcrRdfTools... but am doing some local experimentation first.
acoburn: sounds like dropping the <String> is the way to go, then.15:35
<acoburn>awoods: we could make it Inject-able in JcrRdfTools, too
<awoods>acoburn: have you experimented with actually injection in FedoraEvent?
acoburn: have you experimented with actual injection in FedoraEvent?
<acoburn>awoods: I was just relying on the integration tests in the fcrepo-http* modules15:36
<awoods>acoburn: which test do you have in mind that injects an alternate implementation of UniqueValueSupplier?15:37
<acoburn>awoods: it looks like it's not an alternate impl. I'll add a test with one…
* dhlamb leaves15:48
<awoods>acoburn: It appears that the hardcoded "DefaultPathMinter" overrides the Spring-managed instance defined in minter.xml15:51
<acoburn>awoods: I actually find dependency injection somewhere between mysterious and voodoo, so I am most likely doing it wrong15:53
<awoods>acoburn: I am investigating now...
acoburn: since FedoraEvent instances are not created by Spring, I do not think Injection is a possibility.16:00
<acoburn>awoods: that makes sense; so we're back to a hard-coded implementation16:01
<awoods>acoburn... well, actually...16:02
acoburn: there appears to only be one location where "new FedoraEvent" is called...
acoburn: that is in AllNodeEventsOneEvent.java16:03
<acoburn>awoods: I am about to disappear to a meeting…
<awoods>acoburn: which is managed by Spring.
acoburn: I will have a PR for you
<acoburn>awoods: thanks!
awoods: first I'll fix the javadoc issue16:04
<awoods>acoburn: great
<acoburn>awoods: OK, just pushed that commit16:05
awoods: back16:30
<awoods>acoburn: the rabbit holes keeps going... I think we are back to hardcoding, and simply removing "@Inject"16:31
<acoburn>awoods: that I can do16:34
<whikloj>awoods: I am in for the Aug 24 - Sept 4 Web AC sprint, possibly the second one as well.16:56
<awoods>whikloj: that is good news. Is there anything I can do to ensure you are also available for the second sprint?16:58
whikloj: if not, we should discuss changing the second sprint dates.
<whikloj>awoods: not really, just need to check commitments and pending work when we are closer.16:59
<awoods>whikloj: it is important that you be on the two sprints (I suspect the UMd folks will work around your schedule)... I just need dates to pass by them.17:01
<whikloj>awoods: I feel so important... power going to head... must not make unrealistic demands17:02
* acoburn leaves17:08
* github-ff joins17:31
[fcrepo4] awoods opened pull request #870: HTML UI: Ensure resource creation URIs have no double '/' chars (master...fcrepo-1677) http://git.io/vO1A7
* github-ff leaves
* whikloj leaves18:00
* jgpawletko joins19:43
* the_mgt_ joins19:50
* the_mgt leaves19:53
* dhlamb joins20:07
* ff_logger leaves23:20
* f4jenkins leaves23:22
* f4jenkins joins23:23
* ff_logger_ joins23:39
* dhlamb leaves23:46
* ff_logger__ joins23:47
* awead leaves00:01
* awead joins00:21
* awead leaves01:18

Generated by Sualtam