Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* scossu leaves01:49
* fcrepo-bot joins03:38
* kaarefc joins04:00
* kaarefc leaves04:26
* fcrepo-bot leaves04:41
* pivotal-bot____ leaves06:55
* cbeer leaves06:58
* cbeer joins
* pivotal-bot____ joins07:00
Frank Asseg added comment: "Tried this on the fiz cluster, but it had no impact on performance whatsoever :/" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5911905408:07
Frank Asseg delivered "Enable networking compression in infinispan" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59119054
Frank Asseg added comment: "This might be an issue with using JGroups' UDP multicast for state transfer. Using TCP for state transfer as..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5990912408:09
Frank Asseg started "Test different confguration settings of infinispan/jgroups in order to raise performance on the FIZ cluster" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59401350
Frank Asseg deleted "Complete Test Cluster specs page for AWS" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5969993008:13
Frank Asseg added comment: "@awoods : Is this regarding the configuration in order to be able easily to add cluster nodes, or regarding ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6055745408:16
Frank Asseg added comment: "the above was a formula and should read "cluster-throughput = singlenode-throughput x scalability-factor x n..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6055745408:17
* daines joins08:41
* daines leaves
* scossu joins09:03
* osmandin joins09:04
* benpennell2 joins09:06
* scossu leaves09:15
<pivotal-bot____>Benjamin Pennell started "Create unit tests for auth-common" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6549233809:26
Benjamin Pennell finished "Create unit tests for auth-common" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65492338
* ermadmix joins09:31
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods accepted "Enable networking compression in infinispan" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5911905409:39
Andrew Woods added comment: "Yes, this ticket should be broken into two:09:42
- Create cluster recipes for scaling up and down a cluster
- D..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60557454
* awoods joins
* daines joins09:48
* ksclarke joins09:57
<awoods>osmandin: are you in the office or at home?
awoods: home, but i'll try to connect
awoods: is it the standard hangout?
<awoods>osmandin: no09:58
see email calendar invite.
<osmandin>awoods: it doesn't list a phone number
<awoods>osmandin: it is a google-hangout09:59
<osmandin>awoods: could you please e-mail the link.. it's saying the hangout was sent to another address
<awoods>osmandin: which address to you want to use?10:00
osmandin: I need to have an email address to invite. Which address would work for you?10:01
<osmandin>awoods: osmandin gmail10:02
* scossu joins10:18
* scossu1 joins10:24
* scossu leaves10:26
* tecoripa joins10:37
* tecoripa1 joins10:46
* tecoripa leaves10:48
* scossu1 leaves10:49
* osmandin leaves10:50
* scossu joins
* osmandin joins10:55
awoods: sorry last power10:56
<awoods>osmandin: np
osmandin: we should chat after the committers meeting, if you have time and power.
* edInCo joins10:57
<osmandin>awoods: sure..
<fasseg>are we on rdytalk again?11:01
* nikhiltri joins11:06
* osmandin_ joins11:59
* osmandin_ leaves
<tecoripa1>awoods: dhall I just edit the wiki page directly, with today's minutes?12:03
<awoods>tecoripa1: yes, please just add the minutes to the wiki12:04
<osmandin>awoods: do you have time to chat now?
<tecoripa1>awoods: okay, I'll do that now
<awoods>osmandin: yes, standard g-hangout?
<osmandin>awoods: yes, please email me the link..i'm switching between different computers12:05
* nikhiltri leaves12:06
* osmandin leaves12:19
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods edited "Adding a node to a federated read-only file system is enabled in the frontend and creates a NPE when used" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6196991012:39
Andrew Woods edited "Cache Federated SHA-1 values" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65222320
* osmandin joins12:47
* ksclarke leaves12:48
* ksclarke1 joins
* ksclarke1 leaves
<tecoripa1>awoods: committer meeting notes are now on the wiki.13:00
* ksclarke joins13:09
* ksclarke leaves
* tecoripa joins13:20
* tecoripa1 leaves
<awoods>thanks: tecoripa113:21
<tecoripa>awoods: np13:26
* scossu leaves13:29
* tecoripa leaves13:40
* ksclarke joins13:51
* ermadmix leaves13:52
* ermadmix joins13:53
* scossu joins14:00
* scossu leaves14:09
* tecoripa joins14:41
* scossu joins14:50
<osmandin>afk 6014:52
* osmandin leaves15:07
* tecoripa leaves15:24
<pivotal-bot____>Scott Prater added "Set up simple fcrepo cluster similar to the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology cluster" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6575507015:30
Scott Prater started "Set up simple fcrepo cluster similar to the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology cluster" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65755070
* osmandin joins15:43
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods edited "Fix REST API documentation: include content-type information for data uploads" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6241070016:31
* osmandin leaves16:53
* github-ff joins17:28
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/hk5JAA
fcrepo4/master 5650d03 bbpennel: Create unit tests for auth-common...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/5650d03baeefed63f31f4721b36d787b0f983d02" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6549233817:29
Andrew Woods delivered "Create unit tests for auth-common" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65492338
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #235: Create unit tests for auth-common (master...auth-common-unit) http://git.io/DMOlkQ
* github-ff leaves
* tecoripa joins17:35
* scossu leaves18:07
* ermadmix leaves18:14
* edInCo leaves18:18
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods accepted "Create unit tests for auth-common" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6549233818:19
* ksclarke leaves18:57
* tecoripa leaves20:06
* ksclarke joins20:19
* benpennell2 leaves22:48