Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves00:27
* mikeAtUVa leaves00:41
* kaarefc joins00:55
* kaarefc leaves01:45
* nbanks joins01:48
* jcoyne leaves02:10
* nbanks leaves02:21
* kaarefc joins02:47
* nbanks joins03:05
* nbanks leaves03:09
* nbanks joins03:35
* nbanks leaves03:40
* kaarefc leaves06:11
* jcoyne joins07:59
* ksclarke joins08:44
* ksclarke leaves
* ksclarke joins
* kaarefc joins08:45
* jcoyne leaves08:49
* nbanks joins08:54
* mikeAtUVa joins08:57
* tecoripa joins09:15
* tecoripa leaves
* jcoyne joins09:31
* kaarefc leaves09:39
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater finished "Test Basic role-based ACLs with REST delete operations " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59850688
* nbanks leaves
* gregjansen joins09:41
* kaarefc joins09:51
* gregjansen leaves09:57
* ajs6f joins10:04
Is barmintor around?
* kaarefc leaves10:22
* escowles joins10:33
* gregjansen joins10:34
* barmintor joins10:36
ajs6f: Good morning, Sunshine. What can I do for you?
<ajs6f>see yr email.
<barmintor>ajs6f: That's true. OTOH, it also means that you can't really un-do that change if it doesn't work out.10:37
<ajs6f>the change to submodules? why wouldn't we be able to reassemble a "big-style" repo if we wanted to?10:38
<barmintor>I think you're right that you should experiment with it on a smaller repo
well, we could, but we'd lose the version history
<ajs6f>def. the question is, do we have a good candidate? the indexer stuff?
* barmintor shrugs
<ajs6f>as in, you don't feel strongly about the indexer?10:39
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added "Human-Intelligible Storage By Default" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6025516810:40
A. "Senphitic" Soroka started "Continue cleaning out unneeded static methods in JCR-Fedora contracts" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5881493010:42
<barmintor>ajs6f: as in, IDK a good candidate off top of my head10:43
* awoods joins
<ajs6f>barmintor: k
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added "Human-Intelligible Storage For More Complex Installations" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6025553810:44
Andrew Woods added this label to 2 stories https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5745332657453388
Andrew Woods unstarted "HTML description of Solr setup" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5745332610:45
Andrew Woods unstarted "Solr query recipes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57453388
Andrew Woods added comment: "What more needs to be done on this, @osmandin?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5495224410:47
Andrew Woods edited "Create a self-running (embedded servlet container?) version of fcrepo4 for the installfest" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60169110
Gregory Jansen added "Improved logging for denied access" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6025609210:49
* nbanks joins10:51
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods deleted "Refactor business logic from HTTP-API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5706237010:53
* github-ff joins10:57
[fcrepo4] ajs6f created DieStaticsDie (+1 new commit): http://git.io/l0JtAw
fcrepo4/DieStaticsDie 790c933 ajs6f: Removed unneeded static methods from NamespaceTools
* github-ff leaves
* nbanks leaves
* nbanks joins10:59
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added "Easily-Customizable Repository Configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6025714811:00
Esme Cowles edited "Easily-Customizable Repository Configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60257148
<ajs6f>barmintor: glance at this, if you have a sec:11:01
It's a different way of "mocking statics" when they aren't final.
Tell me, when you have a chance, whether you like that better than PM, and whether you think we should try to do that more.
afk bb i 1011:02
* ajs6f leaves
<barmintor>ajs6f: I have mixed feelings, because adding tons of Predicate<?> everywhere makes things much less decipherable11:04
* osmandin joins11:09
* ajs6f joins11:10
<pivotal-bot>A. "Senphitic" Soroka added comment: "Is this meant to refer specifically to the MODE JSON config? Do we include here the IPSN XML confi..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6025714811:12
<escowles>MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Djava.awt.headless=true" mvn clean install ==> 4m55s build time11:14
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #376: SUCCESS in 1 min 20 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/376/
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I am thinking about all the config that a site would want to change: ""11:17
- Storage resources and policies
- Clus..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60257148
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #601: SUCCESS in 4 min 38 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/601/11:19
<pivotal-bot>A. "Senphitic" Soroka added comment: "Okay. Since this includes a bunch of stuff in Spring XML right now, I think we want to put this (i..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6025714811:20
* github-ff joins11:23
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to DieStaticsDie: http://git.io/PqGQrA
fcrepo4/DieStaticsDie 9d7c4ac ajs6f: Removed an unneeded static from FedoraTypesUtils
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>cbeer: Does this:
<pivotal-bot>feature: Parameterize Dataset HTML response (unscheduled) / owner: A. "Senphitic" Soroka
<ajs6f>make sense any more? Do we still want to go to an annotation-driven model for the templates?11:24
<cbeer>ajs6f: well, unless you've changed something, we're still doing that.
and it's probably still not great11:25
<ajs6f>cbeer: We are?! I though we were driving template selection off of the node types?
<cbeer>ajs6f: we do that when the HTML is about a node11:27
but e.g. namespaces, workspaces and node types are not.
<ajs6f>cbeer: as opposed to e.g. node types or things like that?
<cbeer>and maybe we should just have totally different machinery for doing those HTML views11:28
<ajs6f>awoods: per our brief conversation last night, this is the kind of thing that makes me think we're building our own mediocre internal views system.
what cbeer said ^^^
maybe we need to find a decent views layer that works with JAX-RS that we can just adopt.11:29
<cbeer>ajs6f: sure would be nice.. i'm not sure we'll find a decent views layer that doesn't want to impose a lot of constraints on us though.11:30
<ajs6f>cbeer: true enough. and the simplicity of JAX-RS is not to be discarded.
cbeer: if we don't adopt a views layer, then I think annotations are still the best option.11:31
cbeer: I'll rewrite that ticket to be agnostic to Datasets vs. RdfStreams11:32
<cbeer>if that's true, I agree. awoods would probably say that too.
<ajs6f>cbeer: isn't awoods right there?
cbeer: wait— how _are_ the views for workspaces and suchlike being chosen now? is this ticket actually done?11:33
oh, I see: @HtmlTemplate("jcr:workspaces")11:34
So this ticket _is_ done, it seems.
* github-ff joins11:36
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/jDwNAQ
fcrepo4/master e79b15c Chris Beer: Merge pull request #139 from futures/standalone...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins11:37
[fcrepo4] ajs6f force-pushed DieStaticsDie from 9d7c4ac to 3b5e47d: http://git.io/UUrapQ
fcrepo4/DieStaticsDie ecfb7f7 ajs6f: Removed unneeded static methods from NamespaceTools
fcrepo4/DieStaticsDie 3b5e47d ajs6f: Removed an unneeded static from FedoraTypesUtils
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>gregjansen: Given the work that you and tecoripa have been doing, does:11:39
<pivotal-bot>feature: Move SessionFactory out of fcrepo-http-commons into a new fcrepo-authn module with default impl for HTTP. (unscheduled) / owner: A. "Senphitic" Soroka
<ajs6f>still make sense?
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #377: SUCCESS in 1 min 0 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/377/
<escowles>ajs6f: re: repository config customization, what is the breakdown for config that could be easily moved out of the WAR, as opposed to the Spring XML that would be harder? i did clustering yesterday with command-line options, so that's already working (though it could probably be improved).11:46
<ajs6f>escowles: The clustering is a good example. You did it with system props, but for most humans, it needs to be persist-able for deployment.11:47
escowles: Other examples: the JSON config for MODE, the XML config for ISPN
maybe the CND config?
I don't think any of us want to replicate the "FEDORA_HOME" pattern, tho'.11:48
Ideally, this stuff could live in the repo itself, but that obviously presents some bootstrapping issues.
<escowles>ajs6f: okay, that sounds like a lot of things that could move out. what would be hard? adding a new storage policy implementation?
<ajs6f>escowles: I think the bootstrapping thing would be hard.
To even start the app right now, we need _some_ kind of version of MODE and ISPN config.11:49
escowles: Perhaps we need a more sophisticated pattern for boot-time, where Fedora comes up by itself, then starts the repo internally based on our choice of config impls.
<escowles>ajs6f: yes, having the config in the repo sounds great, and yes bootstrapping that would be hard. maybe we need to have some kind of basic default mode/ispn store for the repo config
<ajs6f>escowles: Yeah, or, as I say, we change the boot procedure to not need a mode/ispn config instantly.11:50
but only after some Fedora boot apparatus selects one.
We just start the repo immediately now because that was the easiest thing to do at first, but it isn't the most flexible thing to do.11:51
<escowles>so it could check system properties etc. looking for a config spec
if it doesn't find one, then there would be a default local storage config
<ajs6f>Right, right. Or even start a repo, look in that repo for config, then restart the repo with that config. Admittedly that's a little convoluted, but it gets us to a place I'd like to be: put all the things in the repo!11:52
So that we could honestly say: if you back up your data, you've backed up _everything_.
And if you want to separate the persistence for config, use projection.
<escowles>i think that would be a wonderful pattern to use
<ajs6f>I think it would make a lot of sysops much happier than they are now with F3.11:53
It would slow down boot times for repos using that pattern, but honestly, I don't think that's a huge deal as long as we provide sensible defaults.
It would also open the door to a pattern eddies once mooted:11:54
start the repo first time, and the repo will recognize that it hasn't been customized and it will make some special "config admin" pages available.
a la WordPress.11:55
We could walk deployers through some commonly-interesting choices.
WITHOUT having to have a special "installer" artifact.
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1318: UNSTABLE in 17 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1318/
A. Soroka: Added new artifact to fcrepo-webapp, self-running container
<ajs6f>If you've ever looked at the fcrepo3 installer, it's not a pretty thing.11:56
<escowles>well, the installer wouldn't be a separate artifact, but the logic would still be there...
<ajs6f>escowles: yes, yes indeed. But having that logic in a separate artifact was pretty annoying.
<escowles>i do like the wordpress-style first-run config approach
<ajs6f>escowles: It makes for a nice demo.
* osmandin leaves
<escowles>kind of like the html interface: it makes the process of getting started so much nicer11:57
The requisite would be having the ability for the repo to recognize whether it _has_ a config avaiable, or whether it has the default.
That doesn't require putting everything in the repo, but that would be a nice way to do that.
<escowles>so the ticket should be broken down into: #1 read config from the repo, #2 read config spec from system property/env variables, #3 provide default config to be used if #2 doesn't find anything, #4 provide a first-run config interface (where #1-#3 would be required for 4.0, maybe not #4)11:58
<ajs6f>yeah, although I would let sys props _override_ the config that might be present in the repo, for emergencies, testing, etc.11:59
IOW reverse #2 and #1
Or maybe that's what you meant?
<escowles>yes, that's what i meant -- i was thinking in terms of implementation (you need to be able to read config from repo before you can configure which repo to read the config from)
<ajs6f>Right, right, cool.12:00
<escowles>cool -- i'll update the tickets after standup -- you're not coming over to the house until this afternoon, right?
<ajs6f>The ur-config (the original default) might not even have to live in the repo, but it would be easier (less code) and it would let us take advantage of MODE's ability to load initial config.
escowles: Yep, around 3PM or so.12:01
but I'll be online between now and then.
<escowles>ok, i was going to do standup now -- want to just post yours here?
<cbeer>escowles: should we do a standup soon?
<ajs6f>Sh… be vewwy vewwy quiet— I'm hunting mockable statics...
my standup: I'm at the conference, so only half-engaged, so I'm killing unneeded statics in the kernel, 'cause that's something I can do with half a brain.12:02
<cbeer>ajs6f: did you stand up while typing that? otherwise we'll have to reject your report.12:10
<ajs6f>cbeer: I did what I normally do: puffed intensely on my pipe, grimaced, scowled at passers-by.
afk bbs12:14
* ajs6f leaves
* github-ff joins12:20
[fcrepo4] cbeer created htmlunit (+1 new commit): http://git.io/F0NnJg
fcrepo4/htmlunit e76f7a9 Chris Beer: test basic node HTML responses using HTMLUnit
* github-ff leaves
* ajs6f joins
<cbeer>escowles: https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Cross+site+replication12:25
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!12:36
Project fcrepo4 build #1319: FIXED in 16 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1319/
<ajs6f>On a completely random note, mikeAtUva noticed yestereve that no one in the project can change the topic of this chat room. (He was going to change it to give some directions to the house.) Does any one know how we could get the rights to do that over our own chat room?12:37
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #378: SUCCESS in 1 min 5 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/378/
<mikeAtUVa>Obviously we could all leave, but i suspect that would be hard to coordinate.12:39
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: Does the first person back in automatically become an admin?
<mikeAtUVa>That how IRC worked on EFNET in the 90's...
<ajs6f>Hm. Maybe we should have a fire drill.12:40
That would get everyone out.
<cbeer>we registered this channel12:41
<ajs6f>We also built this city on rock and roll.
How do we use the registration?
<awoods>I believe eddies is the admin of the channel.12:42
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #602: SUCCESS in 4 min 13 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/602/
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa checked that, I thought.
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to DieStaticsDie: http://git.io/q15H9A
fcrepo4/DieStaticsDie 5270456 ajs6f: Removed getBinary methods
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>escowles/ajs6f: re repo config: it would also be nice to be able to update the repo config at runtime without the need for a restart.12:43
<ajs6f>awoods: Yes, indeed. But the tools for changing running config in MODE are kind of nightmarish.
awoods: It might make more sense to offer a "soft restart", where the JCR bounces internally,12:44
but HTTP requests just block until that is done.
Almost as good.
<awoods>ajs6f: that could work
<nbanks>Does anyone have any experience in performance tuning mulgara?
<ajs6f>awoods: Seriously, look at that MODE API sometime, if you are sleeping too well.
nbanks: Are you at least running it in a separate JVM from the repo12:46
<nbanks>It was just a general question I'm forwarding along from some folks at DGI, I'm not sure how they have it set up.12:47
<ajs6f>Tell them to send it to the lists. I'm saying that because lots of folks out there in the community have a lot of experience with that kind of tuning. They should get some good responses.
<nbanks>Will do, thanks!12:48
<ajs6f>I'm really good at pointing at other people.
<escowles>ajs6f: is the ability to update config without restarting related to the self-hosted config we were talking about earlier (i.e., reading repo config from repo itself)?
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Create a self-running (embedded servlet container?) version of fcrepo4 for the installfest" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6016911012:49
<ajs6f>escowles: No, more to do with the fact that while, in theory, you can update some config for a running MODE instance, it's kind of horrible. You have to programmatically "edit" a model of the JSON document itself. And it only lets you edit some tings, anyway.
<escowles>ajs6f: which is why it makes more sense to update the config and do a soft restart12:50
<ajs6f>escowles: yup. especailly when it should look pretty good to clients. They'll get a moment of block, that's all.12:51
escowles: No worse than a bad GC.
At least in theory.
<escowles>ajs6f: that's a pretty low bar
<cbeer>ajs6f: i owe escowles a pointer to the jboss runtime config editing
which isn't JSON, i believe.
<ajs6f>cbeer: I just remember it being a slap in the face.
<cbeer>do you have any idea what i'm talking about?
<ajs6f>cbeer: I think. I was thinking of something MODE-specific.12:52
lemme see what I can find.
<cbeer>nah, i can dig it up. it's somewhere in my PR to them, in any case.
related tohttp://www.jboss.org/products/eap.html12:53
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles edited "Self-Hosted Configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6025714812:55
<ajs6f>You have to have access to the Engine. You can't work against the Repository.
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added "Configuration auto-discovery" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6026717212:56
Esme Cowles added "Package default configuration as a repository" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6026742212:58
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #379: SUCCESS in 1 min 2 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/379/
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added "First-Run repository configuration interface" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6026758013:00
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #603: SUCCESS in 4 min 15 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/603/13:03
* github-ff joins13:04
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to DieStaticsDie: http://git.io/dLY1iw
fcrepo4/DieStaticsDie 7efbd83 ajs6f: Removing now-unneeded static mocking
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins13:06
[fcrepo4] ajs6f opened pull request #141: Die statics die (master...DieStaticsDie) http://git.io/L224Bg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>A. "Senphitic" Soroka added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/141" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58814930
A. "Senphitic" Soroka estimated "Continue cleaning out unneeded static methods in JCR-Fedora contracts" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5881493013:07
A. "Senphitic" Soroka finished "Continue cleaning out unneeded static methods in JCR-Fedora contracts" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58814930
<ajs6f>afk bbl
* ajs6f leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #380: SUCCESS in 1 min 2 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/380/13:21
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #604: SUCCESS in 4 min 36 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/604/13:25
* jongibson joins13:36
<pivotal-bot>Nigel Banks added comment: "Mulgara isn't aware of <#ri> as a model it's only aware of the qualified name <rmi://localhost/fedora#ri>. T..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5819379013:46
* escowles leaves13:52
* ajs6f joins13:53
* jonathangee_ joins13:55
<cbeer>ajs6f: i was poking around yesterday at the jetty console plugin14:06
<ajs6f>me too14:07
<cbeer>it looks like we'd have to fork their project if we wanted too much customization
<ajs6f>I don't think they're on git. I think it's one guy.
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-authz/commit/f038e538527ffe0e93d4e3708f2ae9b390e3ddcc" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59772392
<cbeer>yep. they have an SVN repo
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Create more abstract role-based AuthZ integration tests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59772392
<ajs6f>Maybe we should ask him to put it on github?
Or maybe just do it ourselves, if licensing permits?
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with #59772392" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5985068814:08
Andrew Woods delivered "Test Basic role-based ACLs with REST delete operations " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59850688
* github-ff joins14:09
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to htmlunit: http://git.io/R9yLDA
fcrepo4/htmlunit f4e7e62 Chris Beer: add HTML rendering for fcr:nodetypes
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>awoods: My PR failed in Travis because of a network timeout (?!). Is there a way to make it try again, besides pushing a fake commit?
* escowles joins
* gregjansen leaves
<ajs6f>cbeer: I can think of a couple things I'd like to add to that plugin.
<nbanks>ajs6f: There should be a rerun button there somewhere14:10
* jonathangee_ leaves14:11
<ajs6f>nbanks: I can't find it. Is it in Github or in Travis (looked in both, but can't find it in either)?
<nbanks>ajs6f: Its on travis can you send me the link?14:12
<nbanks>ajs6f: I restarted it, its the circular button14:13
<ajs6f>nbanks: thanks! but what circular button (where on the screen was it?)
<nbanks>ajs6f: Here highlighted in red, but now it's the Power off button http://imgur.com/FpKoxeW14:15
<ajs6f>nbanks: thanks much (nice pic!)— that was definitely not visible to me, and it's not visible now. Maybe you have to have a travis account?14:16
<nbanks>ajs6f: maybe
<ajs6f>I'll investigate
yep. that was it. I signed in with my github account and that did it. good to know.14:17
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #381: SUCCESS in 1 min 0 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/381/14:26
<pivotal-bot>Eric James added comment: "https://github.com/ModeShape/modeshape/pull/993" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5928578414:34
Eric James finished "change to modeshape URLBinaryValue and FileSystemConnector to have a option for large files" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59285784
Eric James added "Define needs of FileSystem Federation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6027646814:38
Eric James started "Define needs of FileSystem Federation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60276468
* ajs6f leaves14:39
<pivotal-bot>Eric James added comment: "Cause of fixity failure appears to be that the fixity checks against the binary store where a federated file ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5600291614:42
* jcoyne leaves
<cbeer>awoods: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=ze1NJwF_sS7I.kYYVidqF3lQ414:44
* ajs6f joins14:51
* jcoyne joins14:58
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-authz build #1: SUCCESS in 4 min 24 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-authz/1/15:01
* github-ff joins15:11
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed htmlunit from f4e7e62 to 8cb7b0d: http://git.io/sLP8OQ
fcrepo4/htmlunit d4c9aef Chris Beer: expose java errors from select ajax requests
fcrepo4/htmlunit d90ce15 Chris Beer: add HTML rendering for fcr:nodetypes
fcrepo4/htmlunit 8cb7b0d Chris Beer: fix up namespace form to use bootstrap form groups
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "Create more abstract role-based AuthZ integration tests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5977239215:13
Andrew Woods accepted "Test Basic role-based ACLs with REST delete operations " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59850688
Chris Beer accepted "Create a self-running (embedded servlet container?) version of fcrepo4 for the installfest" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6016911015:16
Chris Beer started "Introduce HtmlUnit to the IT suite for fcrepo-hhtp-api" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60188408
Chris Beer finished "Introduce HtmlUnit to the IT suite for fcrepo-hhtp-api" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60188408
Chris Beer added comment: "Part of https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/140" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60188408
Chris Beer edited "Introduce HtmlUnit to the IT suite for fcrepo-hhtp-api" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6018840815:17
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed htmlunit from 8cb7b0d to 91d950b: http://git.io/sLP8OQ
fcrepo4/htmlunit 2dfa8ce Chris Beer: test basic node HTML responses using HTMLUnit...
fcrepo4/htmlunit f00d136 Chris Beer: expose java errors from select ajax requests
fcrepo4/htmlunit a6bded4 Chris Beer: add HTML rendering for fcr:nodetypes
* github-ff leaves
* mikeAtUVa leaves15:27
* ajs6f leaves15:29
<nbanks>anyone know of a good HTTP request java library or what would be the canonical one to use for basic GET/POST requests?15:32
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added comment: "This commit resolves the ticket: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-authz/commit/f038e538527ffe0e93d4e3708..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5993908215:35
Gregory Jansen finished "Recursively enforce remove action on descendants" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5993908215:36
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #382: SUCCESS in 2 min 4 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/382/
<awoods>nbanks: <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>15:38
<nbanks>awoods: thanks!15:39
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added comment: "In the capabilities for 4.0 discussion, we agreed that the authz system must not inhibit external indexes..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5505351015:40
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector build #160: UNSTABLE in 7 min 18 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector/160/15:41
Project fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable build #163: UNSTABLE in 6 min 36 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/163/15:43
* github-ff joins15:44
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/CySW1Q
fcrepo4/master 92461f3 ajs6f: Unit test clean-up: statics...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins15:45
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #141: Die statics die (master...DieStaticsDie) http://git.io/L224Bg
* github-ff leaves
* mikeAtUVa joins
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted DieStaticsDie at 7efbd83: http://git.io/loBSnw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/92461f3ad4dd5269cf7a530f6f3388c3da76b23b" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58814930
Andrew Woods delivered "Continue cleaning out unneeded static methods in JCR-Fedora contracts" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58814930
Andrew Woods accepted "Recursively enforce remove action on descendants" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59939082
Andrew Woods edited "Introduce HtmlUnit to the IT suite for fcrepo-http-api" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60188408
* mikeAtUVa leaves16:01
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "Continue cleaning out unneeded static methods in JCR-Fedora contracts" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5881493016:02
<cbeer>awoods: i don't have edit access to https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FCREPO/Fedora+Contributors16:03
<awoods>cbeer: We should do something about that.
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #383: SUCCESS in 1 min 48 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/383/16:04
<awoods>cbeer: done16:09
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!16:13
Project fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable build #164: FIXED in 8 min 56 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/164/
* mikeAtUVa joins16:15
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #384: SUCCESS in 1 min 2 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/384/16:24
Yippie, build fixed!16:31
Project fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector build #162: FIXED in 7 min 33 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector/162/
* mikeAtUVa leaves16:57
* jongibson leaves
* jongibson joins17:00
* nbanks leaves17:05
* kaarefc joins17:11
* ajs6f joins17:22
<pivotal-bot>A. "Senphitic" Soroka started "Self-Hosted Configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60257148
* jongibson leaves17:26
* nbanks joins17:32
* kaarefc leaves17:36
* github-ff joins17:39
[fcrepo4] ajs6f created DeleteCXFTrash (+1 new commit): http://git.io/TTh2sA
fcrepo4/DeleteCXFTrash b037b7d ajs6f: This is stuff left over from the era of CXF
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f opened pull request #142: This is stuff left over from the era of CXF (master...DeleteCXFTrash) http://git.io/i18FKg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added "Workspace description triple" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6029470018:02
awoods: ^
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #385: SUCCESS in 2 min 1 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/385/18:09
* jcoyne leaves18:10
* ksclarke leaves18:15
* jcoyne joins18:19
* jongibson joins18:42
* github-ff joins18:43
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/FLddkA
fcrepo4/master cb1f412 ajs6f: Removing unneeded static method from DefaultPropertiesLoader
* github-ff leaves
* jcoyne leaves18:59
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #386: SUCCESS in 1 min 12 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/386/19:00
* jcoyne joins19:46
* github-ff joins19:58
[ff-jmeter-madness] escowles created scalability (+1 new commit): http://git.io/Uvo8EA
ff-jmeter-madness/scalability ccb80ad Esmé Cowles: Adding options for scalability testing (not removing objects from repo, using a configurable base path for created objects instead of putting them all directly in /rest/objects
* github-ff leaves
* jcoyne leaves20:01
* github-ff joins20:02
[fcrepo4] barmintor pushed 1 new commit to jersey2: http://git.io/CwfznQ
fcrepo4/jersey2 6903c9e Benjamin Armintor: get compile/test to work with Jersey2 artifacts...
* github-ff leaves
* ajs6f leaves20:16
* github-ff joins20:22
[ff-jmeter-madness] escowles opened pull request #2: Adding options for scalability testing, updates for new REST API conventions (master...scalability) http://git.io/Em7TVg
* github-ff leaves
* nbanks leaves20:27
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #387: SUCCESS in 2 min 17 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/387/20:32
* ksclarke joins20:41
* jcoyne joins20:42
* jcoyne leaves20:45
* jcoyne joins20:59
* github-ff joins21:21
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed htmlunit from 91d950b to 429082f: http://git.io/sLP8OQ
fcrepo4/htmlunit 761d274 Chris Beer: test basic node HTML responses using HTMLUnit...
fcrepo4/htmlunit 1be6f69 Chris Beer: expose java errors from select ajax requests
fcrepo4/htmlunit 28e0b8c Chris Beer: add HTML rendering for fcr:nodetypes
* github-ff leaves
* jongibson leaves21:30
* github-ff joins21:57
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to htmlunit: http://git.io/NHqTRQ
fcrepo4/htmlunit e5d9467 Chris Beer: Fix backup and versions tests to mint unique object ids
* github-ff leaves
* ajs6f joins22:21
* ajs6f leaves
* jcoyne leaves22:28
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #388: SUCCESS in 8 min 39 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/388/22:29
* jcoyne joins22:59
* nbanks joins23:16
<pivotal-bot>Nigel Banks added comment: "Aliases are also mocked by Trippi... So that's another problem." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5819379023:18
* jcoyne leaves23:31
<cbeer>awoods: running now23:41
* nbanks leaves23:44
<awoods>cbeer: still running?23:48
<cbeer>yep. had 2 JMS failure23:50
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #389: SUCCESS in 6 min 48 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/389/23:53
<cbeer>awoods: [INFO] BUILD SUCCESS23:54
* ksclarke leaves00:02
* fcrepo-bot joins00:04
* nbanks joins00:20
* jcoyne joins00:22
* github-ff joins00:24
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/COQf0A
fcrepo4/master 5ee2e97 Chris Beer: Update .travis.yml
* github-ff leaves
* mikeAtUVa joins00:29
<awoods>vi .git/config
[remote "origin"]
fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
url = git@github.com:joyent/node.git
fetch = +refs/pull/*/head:refs/remotes/origin/pr/*
* nbanks_ joins00:35
* nbanks leaves
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1124 (master - 5ee2e97 : Chris Beer): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/cb1f41283291...5ee2e9797327
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13617882
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins00:43
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/y5_y0w
fcrepo4/master 0f2463e Chris Beer: Update .travis.yml
* github-ff leaves
* nbanks leaves00:45
* github-ff joins00:46
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #140: test basic node HTML responses using HTMLUnit (master...htmlunit) http://git.io/AMx_Sg
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins00:50
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/a_CXtw
fcrepo4/master 2d3bf84 Chris Beer: Revert .travis.yml changes
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins00:52
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1125 (master - 0f2463e : Chris Beer): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/5ee2e9797327...0f2463e34efd
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13618252
* travis-ci leaves
* jongibson joins
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Introduce HtmlUnit to the IT suite for fcrepo-http-api" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60188408
* github-ff joins00:53
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/yTiLRQ
fcrepo4/master 3dc997c Chris Beer: Use defaults for the travis.yml
* github-ff leaves
* jongibson leaves
* travis-ci joins00:55
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1126 (master - 285fc81 : Andrew Woods): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/0f2463e34efd...285fc810bca8
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13618279
* travis-ci leaves
* kaarefc joins00:58
* awoods leaves
* travis-ci joins01:03
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1128 (master - 3dc997c : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/2d3bf845bc30...3dc997cb6a96
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13618457
* travis-ci leaves
* jcoyne leaves01:08
* github-ff joins01:12
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/VICEDA
fcrepo4/master 3901662 Chris Beer: add consistent logging configuration; use INFO for org.fcrepo, DEBUG for the module at hand, and WARN for everything else.
* github-ff leaves
* fcrepo-bot leaves01:14
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #605: FAILURE in 10 hr: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/605/01:15
Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #390: SUCCESS in 4 min 30 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/390/01:20
* travis-ci joins01:23
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1129 (master - 3901662 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/3dc997cb6a96...39016625c84c
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13618995
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector build #168: UNSTABLE in 13 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector/168/01:29
* barmintor leaves01:46
* kaarefc leaves01:47
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #391: SUCCESS in 2 min 38 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/391/01:56
Yippie, build fixed!02:07
Project fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector build #169: FIXED in 13 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector/169/
Yippie, build fixed!02:08
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #606: FIXED in 11 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/606/
* kaarefc joins02:14

Generated by Sualtam