Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* kaarefc joins01:53
* kaarefc leaves02:09
* kaarefc joins02:41
* kaarefc leaves03:03
* kaarefc joins03:44
* fasseg joins04:36
fasseg: can you fix a couple small bugs?
(sorry, wrong irc channel earlier) =)
<fasseg>sure but i cant build anything atm04:39
what's wrong?
<fasseg>dunno just tried to do the first pull/build cycle in the morning04:40
i think i know where the bug comes from....
so that should be an easy fix..04:41
<eddies>i just did a pull of fcrepo-fixity and ran mvn verify no problems04:42
<fasseg>hmm okay build for fixity works
yeah i had to pull the fedora client first...
but fcrepo4 build fails with test errors
can you build that project?04:43
<eddies>pulling now
<fasseg>i get these: javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: No node exists at path '/objects/testObject' in workspace "fedora"04:44
<eddies>builds for me04:46
mvn clean verify
have to step away for a bit. can you fix the fcrepo-fixity issues i reported on github, close them when done and make sure it deploys successfully to futures6?04:48
<fasseg>if i get fcrepo4 to run sure...
<eddies>well, pull a working copy of the webapp from somewhere else if you need04:49
<fasseg>you're building master right?
<fasseg>hmm strange did a fresh clone and still fails, but yeah ill fix the javascript problem...04:52
err did someone already fix that? it works for me on http://fcrepo4.fcrepo.org/fcrepo-fixity/static/results.html05:07
a lot of nullpointers when queueing though05:10
* ff-github joins05:13
[fcrepo-fixity] fasseg pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/4CjlZQ
fcrepo-fixity/master e04a339 fasseg: added null check for objects without datastreams
* ff-github leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #59: SUCCESS in 2 min 5 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/59/05:15
* ff-github joins05:18
[fcrepo-fixity] fasseg pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/fZl1zg
fcrepo-fixity/master dacfae4 fasseg: added null check for objects without datastreams, second try
* ff-github leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #60: SUCCESS in 1 min 41 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/60/05:19
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins05:21
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
fasseg: can you join me on a hangout to talk?
<pivotal-bot>feature: Expose a fcrepo java api that allows us to replace a data blob from a single infinispan cache store (delivered) / owner: Chris Beer
<pivotal-bot>feature: Self-healing repository plumbing (finished) / owner: Chris Beer
maybe this? https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/8bbd68a6ba8ebd53d16c54078de57c5dd72aa68b/fcrepo-kernel/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/utils/LowLevelCacheStore.java05:41
fasseg: assigned you https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4644446305:55
<pivotal-bot>feature: Service endpoint to corrupt datastream in a cache store (unstarted) / owner: Frank Asseg
<fasseg>k...still cant build fcrepo-kernel though this blocks me atm
ill just try without tests ;)05:56
can i drop this into kitchen-sink directly if possible or should this be a new github repo?05:59
<eddies>are you sure you don't have some maven_opts or java_opts that are screwing you up locally?06:03
in order of preference, descending: 1) new github repo 2) new maven submodule in fcrepo4 3) directly hacked onto existing fcrepo4 module/classes
can you paste your build errors in a gist?06:04
fasseg: i'm heading down to a cafe to work. will be back in about 10mins06:05
* eddies leaves
eddies: i can build without tests, so im not blocked, but here is the gist anyways: https://gist.github.com/fasseg/519494706:07
exposed as a bean in fcrepo-webapp: <bean class="org.fcrepo.services.LowLevelStorageService"/> :)06:09
* eddies joins06:12
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
fasseg: just did another mvn install successfully of fcrepo406:14
<fasseg>grmbl...dunno whats wrong there...
i get there errors on a fresh clone using Java version: 1.7.0_02, vendor: Oracle Corporation06:15
* kaarefc leaves06:19
<fasseg>hmm the access methods for the storage service and the objectservice are actually static, so no need for doing anything i guess....06:20
<eddies>what errors?06:33
can you post a gist?
fasseg: as a sanity check, can you roll back master to an earlier commit that you know was building for you and try building again?06:35
<fasseg>I'd finish the corrupter first, but i can do that later, yeah...
* kaarefc joins06:39
<fasseg>have a hard time wiring in the jaxrs resource atm...06:42
<eddies>fasseg: what's the issue?06:52
<fasseg>unable to wire the jax-rs resource into the kitchensink app using the rest.xml
<eddies>you should be able to just add a dependency in the kitchen-sink pom around here: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/blob/master/pom.xml#L32
and then update https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/blob/master/src/main/resources/spring/rest.xml06:53
<fasseg>yeah i did that, but i thought id wire the resource in the rest.xml from the kitchen-sink app but i guess ill write one for the fixity-corrupter instead
<eddies>fasseg: btw, if you want to get my attention on irc, better you actually mention eddies, since i'm trying to work in another window ;-)06:54
eddies: ah ok the problem was when running the kitchen-sink app using mvn jetty:run it just spins up a fcrepo4 instance in the tmp directoy, you actually have to deploy the kitchen-sink app to use the xml settings defined ....07:12
so jax-rs problem->gone
<eddies>mvn jetty:run-war
it's in the readme
<fasseg>pfffrt readme ::)07:14
eddies: there no method to get an outputstream vor a specific ds instance just inputstreams, ill have to add this to fcrepo4....07:32
<eddies>fasseg: ok, just please mark it/document it very clearly and we should raise it on at least ff-internal07:33
<fasseg>eddies: wait it seems i can stor a value via node...07:35
just checking
* eddies leaves07:44
<fasseg>hrmpf: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableEntry.setValue(ImmutableEntry.java:48)
<barmintor>fasseg: can't you just pass the inputstream of the content you're assigning to the ds object?07:46
<fasseg><- fool
used Map.Entry.setValue() instead of Map.Entry.getKey.storeValue()
* eddies joins07:53
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
<barmintor>eddies: is our status for today's standup/report clear from pivotal?
<eddies>barmintor: are you asking that because you think there's something new/potentially unclear? =)07:55
because i may simply not know what i don't know ;-)
<barmintor>eddies: I think the work left to do on self-healing is:07:56
1. Webapp refinements
2. Document a way for you to screw up a single DS07:57
<eddies>fasseg is valiantly working on a way to screw up a DS
<barmintor>("you" in #2 is specifically "eddies")
oh, it's going to be difficult to do that through the api07:58
<fasseg>eddies: i can break all datastreams of an object now, just implementing break count and datastreamis to break parameters
<eddies>barmintor: see? progress =)
<pivotal-bot>Highest karma: pivotal-bot (0), frank (1), cbeer (1)
Lowest karma: pivotal-bot (0), frank (1), cbeer (1)
<eddies>barmintor: see https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4644446307:59
<pivotal-bot>feature: Service endpoint to corrupt datastream in a cache store (unstarted) / owner: Frank Asseg
<eddies>i recognize that this may not be ideal, but in the absence of a better alternative, it's what we're shooting for08:00
afk while i grab dinner08:01
<fasseg>eddies: i cant create new projects on jenkins....08:06
barmintor: can you create jenkins projects?
<barmintor>i have no idea
* jcoyne joins08:07
* jcoyne leaves
<fasseg>o i thikn i can..08:08
* github-ff joins08:11
[fcrepo-kitchen-sink] fasseg pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/YyJafg
fcrepo-kitchen-sink/master 63ec56c fasseg: added corrupter dependency and enpoint at /util/corrupter/{pid}/{dsname}/{numbreak}
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #82: SUCCESS in 2 min 28 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/82/08:20
Project fcrepo-fixity build #61: SUCCESS in 1 min 55 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/61/
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #83: SUCCESS in 2 min 23 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/83/08:22
* jcoyne joins08:24
<fasseg>eddies: the corrupter is deployed and you can e.g. use "GET http://fcrepo4.fcrepo.org/fcrepo/util/corrupt/sufia:td96k2517/thumbnail/1" to break 1 instance of datastream thumbnail of object sufia:td96k2517/08:32
and the self heal seems to show up now aswell in the stats...
* ff-github joins08:43
[fcrepo-fixity] fasseg pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/WqY2OA
fcrepo-fixity/master fc798d4 fasseg: changed innerText to textContent
* ff-github leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #62: SUCCESS in 1 min 35 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/62/08:44
<fasseg>eddies: firefox issue is fixed08:46
<eddies>fasseg: excellent08:47
fasseg: did you actually corrupt all the objects that are showing errors on futures6?08:50
<fasseg>nah those errors were in there already yesterday
i only created 2
but you can just delete /tmp/fixity-results.db* in order to clean up the results...08:51
and restart of course ;)
<eddies>fasseg: one more feature request: on the detail page of an object, can you somewhere include the pid
e.g: http://fcrepo4.fcrepo.org/fcrepo-fixity/static/details.html?id=1408:52
<fasseg>think so...mom
<eddies>there's no indication of the pid of the object
hrm. actually, i have one more issue08:54
fasseg: i think i'd rather see a unique list of pids
on http://fcrepo4.fcrepo.org/fcrepo-fixity/static/results.html
<fasseg>thats not possible until the steering group meeting i think...too much a refactoring08:55
* VincentNG joins
<eddies>it's a bit confusing to see pids repeat in that list, then to select a pid and see the results for that particular check
<fasseg>but then you'd have to change the details page since it would be an aggregation of n tests over 1 object08:56
<eddies>i'd rather see detail based on whatever current+historical data for a specific object
the reporting should be object-centric, not job-centric08:58
* ff-github joins
[fcrepo-fixity] fasseg pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/mQ01yA
fcrepo-fixity/master 439539c fasseg: added pid param and title
* ff-github leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #63: SUCCESS in 1 min 40 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/63/09:00
<fasseg>eddies: redeploying might be awhile off
* ff-github joins09:02
[fcrepo-fixity] fasseg pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/fM2xYA
fcrepo-fixity/master ff5022b fasseg: moved the title setting
* ff-github leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #64: SUCCESS in 1 min 32 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/64/09:04
<fasseg>eddies: i added the pid to the details page
<eddies>great, i see that now09:05
* ff-github joins09:08
[fcrepo-fixity] fasseg pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/9TxGjQ
fcrepo-fixity/master 845a4d6 fasseg: fixed objectcount of general statistics
* ff-github leaves
<eddies>restarting tomcat09:09
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #65: SUCCESS in 2 min 33 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/65/09:11
<eddies>fasseg: i did rm -rf fixity-results.db* and restarted tomcat09:12
but no change in the report
<fasseg>leme check
<barmintor>I have to get cleaned up and get on a train09:13
I started putting together some test for the client09:14
when I get those fleshed out I'l start trying to figure out how to do restEasy tests09:15
<fasseg>eddies: this worked: 1) stop tomcat 2) rm -Rf /tmp/fixity-results.db.* 3) start tomcat
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #66: SUCCESS in 1 min 31 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/66/
<fasseg>cbeer: i added the distinct object count to the general statistics: see https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4641744709:16
<pivotal-bot>feature: Aggregate fixity results by resource (unstarted) / owner: Chris Beer
<fasseg>eddies: I finished the most urgent chores...ill have to take a shower now though, since my armpits annoy my sense of smell...09:19
but ill be back in 15-20 mins
* barmintor leaves09:35
<VincentNG>how do i do an HTTP Post with username and password? I'm trying to do this in JAVA: curl "http://username:pw@host:port/rest/objects/new"09:50
I tried this but didn't work: new HttpPost("http://testuser:testpass@localhost:8080/rest/objects/FedoraDatastreamsTest12/datastreams/ds1");
* ff-github joins09:52
[fcrepo-fixity] fasseg pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/eSw75g
fcrepo-fixity/master 9315488 fasseg: added some examples to README
* ff-github leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #67: SUCCESS in 1 min 11 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/67/09:53
<eddies>vincentng: try curl --user name:password http://www.example.com09:54
see: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html (search for basic authentication)
<VincentNG>eddies: it's not curl i'm looking for. i'm trying to write a test case for it. curl works either way09:55
<eddies>oh sorry, misread
<VincentNG>it works when i curl wit the --user and with http://user:pw...09:56
but in my unit test, i tried this: HttpPost("http://testuser:testpass@localhost:8080/rest/objects/FedoraDatastreamsTest12/datastreams/ds1"); but no luck
<eddies>i don't remember which http client library we're using in fcrepo409:57
<VincentNG>tried addHeader("Authorization"...."Basic " + encodedLogin).... but no luck either
* ff-github joins
[fcrepo-fixity] fasseg pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/IBwDVw
fcrepo-fixity/master ba09de9 fasseg: added XML ref to curl examples
* ff-github leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #68: SUCCESS in 1 min 13 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/68/09:59
* ff-github joins10:00
[fcrepo-fixity] fasseg pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/l9g9TQ
fcrepo-fixity/master 3e5ba28 fasseg: always with the wrong backticks in markdown: fixed README
* ff-github leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #69: SUCCESS in 1 min 10 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/69/10:01
* ff-github joins10:02
[fcrepo-fixity] fasseg pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/DyQc-A
fcrepo-fixity/master 0c3dd88 fasseg: fixed ports to be the same in all examples
* ff-github leaves
<fasseg>documentation-- >-)
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #70: SUCCESS in 1 min 17 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/70/10:04
* kaarefc leaves10:10
<cbeer>eddies: re: the note from Robin you forwarded.. is Robin suggesting we delay the FF meeting until May or June?10:24
or an additional meeting?
<eddies>i think she sent a followup where she noted she probably just argued herself out of that position10:25
<eddies>cbeer: can you update the requestbin webhook on futures6 (previous one expired)
<cbeer>eddies: i think i put the commands either in the ticket or in irc. i'm trying to get at least some of the data in https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4569138510:26
<pivotal-bot>feature: Expose object fixity state in Hydra (rejected) / owner: Chris Beer
* barmintor joins10:30
* ff-github joins
[fcrepo4-demo-hydra-app] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/WricrA
fcrepo4-demo-hydra-app/master 60b4af5 Chris Beer: repository-wide fixity status
* ff-github leaves
* fasseg leaves10:31
* kaarefc joins10:32
* fasseg joins10:33
<barmintor>why are those two tickets moved into the backlog?
<cbeer>i think we just hit the point limit again
<barmintor>(the ones that are assigned to me awaiting delivery)
cbeer: oh I see10:34
<cbeer>or maybe not
i just dragged them over fine
<barmintor>actually, one of them should have been there (fixing it)10:35
<eddies>cbeer: how do i delete a webhook?
<cbeer>DELETE .../webhooks/[id]
which apparently isn't exposed on the GET .../webhooks page10:36
<barmintor>cbeer: you are the requester on https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46382989
<pivotal-bot>feature: FCRepo fixity check does blocking heal (finished) / owner: Benjamin Armintor
<eddies>curl -X DELETE http://fcrepo4.fcrepo.org/fcrepo/rest/webhooks/http%3A%2F%2Frequestb.in%2Fys17ehys10:37
doesn't work. i take it the url is not the id?
<cbeer>yeah, it's not.
fortunately it's in my bash history
or maybe there is no delete.10:38
writing tests.10:40
<barmintor>How do we feel about mockito matchers for http requests that are requestLike(HttpGet expected) and requestNotLike(HttpGet expected)?10:42
(with analogs for other methods)
* github-ff joins10:43
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/p_yJpQ
fcrepo4/master 9c7fc8e Chris Beer: add webhook id to the webhooks response; delete method
* github-ff leaves
* ff-github joins10:46
[fcrepo4-demo-hydra-app] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/LlH3Tw
fcrepo4-demo-hydra-app/master 8662912 Chris Beer: add routing for the fixity repository dashboard
* ff-github leaves
<eddies>cbeer, barmintor, vincentng, fasseg: remember we're on Skype for this call10:50
<cbeer>i was trying hard to forget.
<VincentNG>Thanks for the reminder, i would have been waiting on Google Hangout :-)10:51
<eddies>actually, with the hangout limit of 10ppl, not sure how we'd do it on hangouts
i guess there's the on-air thing, but haven't tried that
<cbeer>it works nicely
as long as we don't have to say anything.
<fasseg>freeconferencecall is still offline for me btw...10:52
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] vnguyen745 opened pull request #40: Passing user authentication to JAX-RS (master...jax-rs-auth) http://git.io/wFRNVg
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #71: SUCCESS in 1 min 45 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/71/
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #84: SUCCESS in 2 min 52 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/84/10:53
<eddies>let me know if i missed anything in the summary: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2013-03-19+Sprint+5+Close10:54
<fasseg>eddies: you mght have to bridge me in if possible, since the freeconf call line is offline for me10:56
<eddies>fasseg: ok
<cbeer>fasseg: i've bridged in the hangout
<cbeer>there's a slight delay
<eddies>cbeer: is there a hydra endpoint?
<cbeer>but seems to work
<eddies>err, for the fixity reporting i mean10:57
that's what you're getting for today.
the fixity app doesn't expose any filtering
fasseg: freeconferencecall for you. until someone else dials in10:58
we get serenaded .
eddies: save us!
<barmintor>skype is a loser. gchat it is
<cbeer>VincentNG: could you hear frank?11:00
* kaarefc leaves11:02
* travis-ci joins11:03
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#257 (master - 9c7fc8e : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/5738d3ef60aa...9c7fc8e38eb5
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/5627014
* travis-ci leaves
<barmintor>eddies: that's right11:06
<jonathangee>here. sorry. was running a little late today11:07
* kaarefc joins11:12
* kaarefc leaves11:19
<barmintor>LIVE DEMOS, YEEEEHAH11:20
<cbeer>we also don't have external datastreams yet..11:24
<barmintor>if we handled it by mounting a file system as a federated repo...11:25
<cbeer>eddies: want to mention we don't have external datastreams yet.. and, how important is this for june?11:26
you know, it wouldn't be that bad to bring up a cache that sits on top of a bagit directory11:29
I can also imagine one that sits on a directory understood to have files next to checksum files
<cbeer>so... we want to govern a project.. but not talk about what the product should do. got it.11:31
* kaarefc joins11:32
<barmintor>I wish jaxrs binding was as easy to test as rails routing11:47
<cbeer>just parse the wadl!11:54
oops, sorry11:55
<cbeer>i closed the hangout tab11:56
fasseg: i hope this is about to wrap up.. should i bridge you back in? or just call it good?
<fasseg>heh alright for me ;) if someone needs sth from me you can bridge me back in maybe?11:57
<cbeer>sure. seeing as we haven't said anything in the whole hour, i find it.. unlikely.
<eddies>well, if you have something to say: speak up! =)12:01
i felt like i was pulling teeth on our weekly call to get folks to speak, and didn't have the stomach for a repeat of that12:02
for my part, i'd love for the folks who worked on a feature to present it
<cbeer>you just do too good a job.
ok. can we do a quick hangout to sort out the remainder of the day (for most of you)?
<cbeer>barmintor: i can deliver https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46382989 because it has to have worked for eddies to do that demo, right?12:06
<pivotal-bot>feature: FCRepo fixity check does blocking heal (accepted) / owner: Benjamin Armintor
eddies already accepted it
<barmintor>next time
<pivotal-bot>feature: REST API to filter fixity results (unstarted) / owner:
<barmintor>+1 to more unit/less integration tests12:15
<cbeer>eddies: oh, or i could start populating tickets for the next sprint12:18
* fasseg leaves
<eddies>why not do both? =)
sorry, couldn't resist
<cbeer>what feature is up next? still glacier?12:19
<eddies>if columbia's on, i'd like to do glacier and/or some aspect of policy driven storage
<barmintor>eddies: Should I take the admin permissions off the committers group, have it at just push/pull12:20
<eddies>if columbia's not on, like i said, i'd like to focus on a small feature and commit to some code gardening
barmintor: the reason i made everyone an owner was because i didn't see a way to automatically get a non-owner team automatically assigned to a new repo12:21
<cbeer>eddies: oh, and i just remembered.. LDCX is next week, so i'll probably be less available then
<eddies>and i just got tired of setting permissions for every new github project
if there's a way to work around that, i'd prefer it, but i didn't see it12:22
cbeer: which days?
<cbeer>all week. ldcx and then hydra partners.
<eddies>(or just put it on the calendar please)
<cbeer>it's already on the calendar.
pivotal-bot's being a bit quiet12:31
<barmintor>Is it that insane to want to get the path that a method on a jaxrs resource would map to?12:37
I'm getting this stuff from google that makes me think people don't know what unit testing is
<eddies>well, you wouldn't know host, port, context but you just mean the stuff after that?12:39
<barmintor>eddies: yes, that12:40
I just want to be able to do the jaxrs equivalent of testing a route
which seems like a reasonable thing to want client tests to do
<eddies>i'm trying to remember what i've done in the past...
i have a bad feeling they were all integration tests12:41
<VincentNG>eddies: I'll be out a couple days next sprint. is there a shared calendar somewhere you want me to put that?12:44
<eddies>vincentng: yes. send me whatever email address you use for google/gmail/etc services12:45
<eddies>vincentng: you should have calendar access now12:48
<pivotal-bot>Hello, cbeer
<eddies>no idea if this is the right link: http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/yourmediashelf.com_5ec7i5t6go6u7btr8i5klbq950%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
* pivotal-bot leaves
* pivotal-bot joins
<cbeer>turns out when you disable the sinatra thread, it doesn't work so well.12:50
<eddies>barmintor: i also gave you access to manage sharing on that calendar so you can add folks
<pivotal-bot>Highest karma: documentation (-1), pivotal-bot (0), frank (1), fasseg (1), cbeer (4)
Lowest karma: documentation (-1), pivotal-bot (0), frank (1), fasseg (1), cbeer (4)
<pivotal-bot>Highest karma: documentation (-1), pivotal-bot (0), frank (1), fasseg (1), cbeer (3)
Lowest karma: documentation (-1), pivotal-bot (0), frank (1), fasseg (1), cbeer (3)
<pivotal-bot>Highest karma: documentation (-1), pivotal-bot (0), frank (0), fasseg (1), cbeer (3)
Lowest karma: documentation (-1), pivotal-bot (0), frank (0), fasseg (1), cbeer (3)
* pivotal-bot leaves12:52
* pivotal-bot joins12:53
<pivotal-bot>Highest karma: cbeer (3), fasseg (1), frank (0)
Lowest karma: frank (0), pivotal-bot (0), documentation (-1)
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "nope, just haven't had time to look at it." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45864223
<VincentNG>I don't see the calendar. do i just import the http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/yourmediashelf.com_5ec7i5t6go6u7btr8i5klbq950%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics ?13:01
* kaarefc leaves13:02
<eddies>i dunno. if that cdc address is a google account, then you should just be able to see fedora futures as a calendar
* kaarefc joins
<VincentNG>ya, that's my work google account. or maybe try my personal account: vincentcgi@gmail.com13:03
i thought it would show up automatically too, but it didn't.
<eddies>ok, added that too13:04
<VincentNG>i didn't even get any email notifications (assuming i would) about having a calendar shared.
eddies: ok, i see it on my personal account. thanks13:05
* ajs6f joins13:40
* github-ff joins13:58
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/-F5a1Q
fcrepo4/master 7dc98bf ajs6f: Cleaned up unused imports, minor factoring in org.fcrepo.observer.DefaultFilter
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins14:04
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#259 (master - 7dc98bf : ajs6f): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/9c7fc8e38eb5...7dc98bf8e3ac
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/5633017
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #72: SUCCESS in 1 min 13 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/72/14:07
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #85: SUCCESS in 2 min 35 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/85/14:08
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Expose "fixity" information for asynchronous stores" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4648368514:26
Chris Beer edited "Expose "fixity" information for asynchronous stores" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46483685
Chris Beer added comment: "+1" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46473803
<ajs6f>cbeer: ? about webhooks. It looks now like they all respond to _any_ FedoraEvent, right? Would it make sense to allow subscription to changes in an individual resource (e.g. object or datastream), or am I misunderstanding the intent here?14:30
<cbeer>yes, it would make sense.
<ajs6f>Cool. I'm going to go away and think about that, just because I'm not on sprint and anything I do is gravy.14:31
<cbeer>here's as far as i thought about it:
so, there's the repository-wide webhooks endpoint that creates webhook resources off of the root node
we should be able to also create webhook resources off of objects or individual datastreams pretty easily.14:32
i don't know how to store or evaluate webhooks that express e.g. 'any RELS-EXT datastream change'
or 'any object in collection X'
<ajs6f>Without a notion of "views" (ala SQL) that seems quite hard.14:33
I wonder if MODE gives any way to reify a JCR query.
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Investigate replacing/augmenting the default BinaryKey implementation with storage hints" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4648439114:34
Chris Beer edited "Investigate replacing/augmenting the default BinaryKey implementation with storage hints" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46484391
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #73: SUCCESS in 1 min 13 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/73/
<ajs6f>Actually, it would be kind of cool to have RSS (or JMS) for individual resources, too.
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Policy-aware BinaryStore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46484411
Chris Beer edited "Policy-aware BinaryStore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46484411
Chris Beer added "Make it possible to run JUnit tests with per-test or per-class modeshape configurations" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46484445
Chris Beer edited "Make it possible to run JUnit tests with per-test or per-class modeshape configurations" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46484445
<barmintor>I hate it when my computer sounds an alram that I can't identify14:35
<ajs6f>Maybe the kernel's eventing needs to get more sophisticated— go beyond a single event stream for the repo… hm… time to think.
<cbeer>ajs6f: RSS yes. I'm not sold on JMS, because you can always filter in your topic subscription if we populate the right JMS headers
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer edited "Instrument API methods with metrics" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46473803
<ajs6f>cbeer: True, true. I guess I really just meant "sourced" notifications, as opposed to streams that cover the whole repo.14:36
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Create benchmark timing tests for core repository operations (to ensure new-feature-performance standards)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46484665
Chris Beer edited "Create benchmark timing tests for core repository operations (to ensure new-feature-performance standards)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46484665
<ajs6f>cbeer: But it's too late. I've already been distracted by the idea of reified queries as handles for collections and higher-order objects. Ooh, shiny!
<cbeer>ajs6f: continue being distracted.. and if you need distraction from that, i'm very interested in seeing modeshape's filesystem federation exercised.14:37
(and figure out what that means for our rest api)14:38
<ajs6f>seabeer: I'm going to go have a pipe and think about queries, and then a meeting, during which I'll sketch out a plan for federating in filesyses, k? :) My workstation is in the shop, so I'm on impulse power. {urg} So I'll write up my plan but probably won't get to it for some days.14:39
barmintor: That alarm is for a problem with the alarm subsystem.14:40
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #74: SUCCESS in 1 min 7 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/74/14:42
<barmintor>who wants to review a pull request?!
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #75: SUCCESS in 1 min 16 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/75/14:43
<cbeer>SHIP IT14:57
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #76: SUCCESS in 1 min 30 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/76/15:02
<barmintor>what else was I supposed to test?15:07
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer edited "Remove crappy temp files that leak into the container directory" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4614232915:17
Chris Beer edited "Update islandora to point at new, tomcat location for fcrepo4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46142275
<barmintor>oh, hey: it would help if maven knew to run those tests, woudln't it?15:22
<cbeer>so.. i guess projecthydra is going to write our own net::http wrapper, huh?
<barmintor>I don't think we need to. I also don't understand how that last post saves memory: It looks like it uses an extra byte buffer after loading all the content into memory. But w/e, I'm unit testing.15:23
<cbeer>yeah, i don't see DCS's post works.15:24
but if it makes him happy.15:25
* barmintor shrugs
<cbeer>"eddies: i was going to write more tests, but barmintor was too efficient"15:26
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-client build #42: FAILURE in 44 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-client/42/15:45
armintor: renamed to make sure surefire picks up tests
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!15:47
Project fcrepo-client build #43: FIXED in 49 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-client/43/
armintor: and the class should be renamed
Project fcrepo-fixity build #77: SUCCESS in 1 min 24 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/77/15:49
<barmintor>oof, that will make eddies sad15:57
<pivotal-bot>Benjamin Armintor started "Give access to fcrepo services to Aleksey & Jack" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4647204316:23
Benjamin Armintor edited "Give access to fcrepo services to Aleksey & Jack" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46472043
Benjamin Armintor added comment: "https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/684825/memberships" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4647204316:24
Benjamin Armintor added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/settings/collaboration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46472043
* ajs6f leaves16:39
* jcoyne leaves16:51
<barmintor>man, when you don't write unit tests, you write code that's a big pain in the butt to unit test16:54
* jcoyne joins17:04
<cbeer>guilty as charged.17:10
<barmintor>cbeer: https://gist.github.com/barmintor/f2fe273720ea6a3c013a17:26
* kaarefc leaves
* github-ff joins17:29
[fcrepo4] barmintor created unit-testing (+1 new commit): http://git.io/RmRWDA
fcrepo4/unit-testing 6beaf28 Benjamin Armintor: first attempt at unit testing a method of the api classes
* github-ff leaves
<barmintor>ok, with that I head back to Queens17:33
* barmintor leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #78: SUCCESS in 1 min 20 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/78/17:38
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer created metrics (+1 new commit): http://git.io/QfySIg
fcrepo4/metrics ce41574 Chris Beer: trivial examples of the metrics plugin, exposed through the DatastreamTest
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/metrics" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46473803
* VincentNG leaves17:48
* jcoyne leaves18:10
* jcoyne joins20:33
* pivotal-bot leaves21:08
* pivotal-bot joins21:17
* pivotal-bot leaves21:18
* pivotal-bot joins21:22
<pivotal-bot>Hello, cbeer
<pivotal-bot>Highest karma: cbeer (3), fasseg (1), frank (0)
Lowest karma: frank (0), pivotal-bot (0), documentation (-1)
* pivotal-bot leaves
* pivotal-bot joins21:26
<pivotal-bot>Hello, cbeer
Chris Beer added comment: "test" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46122883
Chris Beer edited "Fixity service should send a JMS message when fixity runs on an object" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4646190921:32
Chris Beer edited "Get code coverage statistics for fcrepo projects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46274571
Chris Beer estimated "Log fixity failures to the audit log" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46316149
Chris Beer estimated "Fixity service should send a JMS message when fixity runs on an object" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46461909
Chris Beer estimated "REST API to filter fixity results" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46417497
Chris Beer estimated "Create benchmark timing tests for core repository operations (to ensure new-feature-performance standards)" as 2 p..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46484665
Chris Beer estimated "Instrument API methods with metrics" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4647380321:33
Chris Beer started "Instrument API methods with metrics" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46473803
Chris Beer estimated "Expose "fixity" information for asynchronous stores" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46483685
Chris Beer estimated "Policy-aware BinaryStore" as 8 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46484411
Chris Beer estimated "Investigate replacing/augmenting the default BinaryKey implementation with storage hints" as 5 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46484391
Chris Beer estimated "Retrieval service from content persisted to AWS Glacier content (uploaded via the sequencer-model) " as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45686553
Chris Beer edited "Fedora datastream content request should support asynchronous operations" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/42227375
Edwin Shin added comment: "Here's a good presentation by the Metrics author: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czes-oa0yik" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4647380322:17
Edwin Shin added comment: "And slides: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2744222/2011-04-09-Metrics-Metrics-Everywhere.pdf" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4647380322:18
* jcoyne leaves22:19