Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* github-ff joins01:27
[fcrepo4] whikloj opened pull request #1266: Replace want digest sha1 and with sha (master...fcrepo-2651) https://git.io/vFsE8
* github-ff leaves
* osmandin joins02:52
* osmandin leaves03:24
* bryjbrown joins06:38
* dwilcox joins07:42
* dwilcox leaves07:45
* github-ff joins07:53
[fcrepo-specification] barmintor pushed 3 new commits to master: https://git.io/vFsAG
fcrepo-specification/master bd0cfd5 Andrew Woods: Require support for external content with access-type=url...
fcrepo-specification/master de6233a Andrew Woods: Code review
fcrepo-specification/master 63532a9 Benjamin Armintor: Merge pull request #242 from awoods/issue-237...
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox joins08:02
* bryjbrown leaves08:06
* dhlamb joins08:07
* peichman joins08:35
* jcoyne leaves08:42
* github-ff joins09:01
[fcrepo4] peichman-umd opened pull request #1267: Switch from JBoss JTA to Narayana JTA (#2649) (master...fcrepo-2649) https://git.io/vFGJw
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins09:02
[fcrepo4] peichman-umd opened pull request #1268: Switch from JBoss JTA to Narayana (#2649) (4.7-maintenance...fcrepo-2649-4.7-maint) https://git.io/vFGJD
* github-ff leaves
* bryjbrown joins09:07
* benpennell joins09:15
* dwilcox leaves09:19
* bryjbrown leaves09:20
* yamil joins09:21
* whikloj joins09:23
* bryjbrown joins09:28
* jcoyne joins09:33
* dwilcox joins09:37
* osmandin joins09:58
* peichman leaves10:05
* peichman joins10:08
<whikloj>awoods: ?10:41
<awoods>whikloj
* awoods on a call
<whikloj>no worries then
<awoods>whikloj: feel free to type something10:44
<whikloj>awoods: Just wondering if https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/1266 really is a breaking change?10:45
awoods: but I am guessing we have slightly different definitions of a breaking change10:46
<awoods>whikloj: do clients need to change?
<whikloj>awoods: yes10:47
awoods: well actually only if they use sha-1
md5 or sha256 would be fine, but if they have scripted a call for digest then yes they would
<awoods>whikloj: one category of breaking change is: do clients need to change?10:48
<whikloj>awoods: ok that's fair (I guess) I was thinking more in terms of the repo destroying your data10:52
<awoods>whikloj: If we put out a release and an institution drops the new war into their tomcat and things break... that sounds like it should be in a major release (i.e. breaking change)10:56
<whikloj>awoods: yeah, sorry not arguing against that. I think in my mind I had two categories, breaking changes (ie. export/import data) and interaction changes. I'm good10:58
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2017-11-02+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting10:59
* yinlin joins11:01
* zimeon joins11:02
* peichman1 joins11:09
* peichman leaves
<whikloj>bait bait
<zimeon>too many metaphors!
* bseeger joins
* bryjbrown leaves11:10
<whikloj>http://notch8.com/ - is very mysterious
* bryjbrown joins
<peichman1>having wifi issues, trying to reconnect to the call
<bseeger>*is here*11:11
* peichman1 leaves
<awoods>hi, bseeger
* peichman joins
<bseeger>hello, awoods!11:12
<whikloj>N'Orleans
<bseeger>a warm place in December is appealing. :)
<peichman>should be back now11:13
I won't be there, but Ben Wallberg from UMD should be11:14
<whikloj>the most wonderful time, some would say11:15
mic drop11:18
dbernstein++11:19
<bseeger>I can11:27
ummmm....11:28
* osmandin leaves11:31
* apb18 joins
<whikloj>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2623?focusedCommentId=57557&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-5755711:32
* apb18 is here now11:34
* bryjbrown leaves11:38
* bryjbrown joins
<peichman>*still here*11:44
<bseeger>I'm having a very hard time hearing Seth talking11:45
sorry, Peter. :)
<apb18>Also, y'all know how I stand as far as desire for a true write-ahead-log that could be used for leaders/followers, rebuilding the repository, etc11:58
but that's a whole different set of use cases
* yinlin leaves12:02
<bseeger>I missed the first 10 minutes, so if someone wouldn't mind filling in any relevant information to that section, that would be great.
* bryjbrown leaves12:10
<whikloj>bseeger: there is a clustering PR
bseeger: discussion of the pros and cons of orange wolves12:11
* bseeger leaves12:32
* dhlamb leaves12:57
* bryjbrown joins13:06
* bseeger joins13:09
whikloj: orange wolves? pumpkin wolves?13:10
<whikloj>bseeger: 1 hour, that really was a thinker ;)13:11
bseeger: no
https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/1265
https://github.com/orangewolf
<bseeger>whikloj: ah, I see now. :)
<whikloj>bseeger: it was an in-depth discussion13:12
<bseeger>whikloj: ending with a '403 Forbidden'?13:13
<whikloj>bseeger: the mystery.....continues
* zimeon leaves13:15
* peichman1 joins13:29
* peichman leaves13:31
* bryjbrown leaves13:50
* bryjbrown joins13:51
* bryjbrown leaves13:57
* bryjbrown joins13:59
* whikloj_AFK leaves14:08
* whikloj_AFK joins15:22
* whikloj_AFK leaves15:26
* whikloj_AFK joins15:28
* dwilcox leaves16:07
* bryjbrown leaves16:26
* bryjbrown joins16:38
* peichman1 leaves16:55
* benpennell leaves17:07
* bryjbrown leaves17:10
* bseeger leaves17:16
* dwilcox joins17:27
* whikloj leaves17:49
* whikloj joins17:51
* whikloj leaves17:59
* jcoyne leaves18:00
* 07IABQE99 joins18:35
[fcrepo-specification] zimeon pushed 2 new commits to master: https://git.io/vFZuP
fcrepo-specification/master 6773c54 Andrew Woods: Clarify LDPRv General wording...
fcrepo-specification/master e6fcae6 Simeon Warner: Merge pull request #254 from awoods/issue-248...
* 07IABQE99 leaves
* 7JTACTO4A joins
[fcrepo-specification] zimeon closed pull request #254: Clarify LDPRv General wording (master...issue-248) https://git.io/vFLPm
* 7JTACTO4A leaves
* jcoyne joins18:39
* yamil leaves
* jcoyne leaves18:58
* github-ff joins19:02
[fcrepo-specification] zimeon opened pull request #257: Tidy LDPCv section, add "original" to self links (master...ldprv_links) https://git.io/vFZac
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox leaves19:23
* benpennell joins19:58
* github-ff joins19:59
[fcrepo-specification] zimeon closed pull request #253: Clarify LDPRm General text (master...issue-249) https://git.io/vFLPL
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins20:01
[fcrepo4] birkland closed pull request #1264: Add TimeMap response headers and body. (memento-versioning...fcrepo-2623) https://git.io/vFfwG
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins20:17
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#5267 (memento-versioning - f8bcecb : Jared Whiklo): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/6927958844e9...f8bcecb5b320
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/296548102
* travis-ci leaves
* benpennell leaves20:53
* benpennell joins21:01
* jcoyne joins21:02
* benpennell leaves21:03
* apb18 leaves21:21
* benpennell joins21:34
* benpennell leaves21:35
* benpennell joins21:41
* benpennell leaves21:56
* peichman joins22:16
* peichman leaves22:21
* peichman joins22:22
* peichman leaves22:25
* apb18 joins22:33
* benpennell joins22:37
* awoods leaves22:59
* benpennell leaves23:33
* apb18 leaves23:36
* jcoyne1 joins23:54
* jcoyne leaves23:56

Generated by Sualtam