Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* peichman joins01:37
* peichman leaves01:42
* peichman joins03:00
* peichman leaves03:05
* bryjbrown_ joins06:41
* bryjbrown_ leaves07:06
* bryjbrown_ joins07:17
* bryjbrown_ leaves08:08
* dwilcox joins08:44
* dhlamb joins08:55
* dwilcox leaves08:57
* bryjbrown_ joins09:01
* benpennell joins09:12
* bryjbrown__ joins09:18
* bryjbrown_ leaves09:20
* bryjbrown_ joins09:34
* bryjbrown__ leaves09:37
* bryjbrown__ joins10:02
* bryjbrown_ leaves10:03
* dwilcox joins10:46
* whikloj joins10:57
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2017-10-26+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting10:59
* apb18 joins11:01
* apb18 is here
* escowles joins11:02
<whikloj>awoods: http://mementoweb.org/guide/timemap-json/
* escowles is here
(just got back from dentist, gonna stay muted)
<whikloj>escowles++
<escowles>((mouth not working too well right now))11:03
had some old metal fillings replace with new epoxy ones
* dbernstein joins11:04
* seth-shaw joins11:06
<escowles>i think it's potentially interesting — both for fedora (maybe import/export more than the main repo software) and for samvera/valkyrie11:09
* bseeger joins11:10
*is here*
* dshalvi joins
<apb18>bagit does nothing for understanding the information in it11:11
<escowles>apb18++ having a common framework for how stuff is organized within bags, and how bags are grouped on disk, would help make the data more understandable and usable by other tools
* bryjbrown__ leaves11:14
<escowles>it also seems like new fedora implementations could benefit from a spec for how to store stuff on disk, while it's still pretty easy to make choices that work with it
* dwilcox leaves11:15
* dwilcox_ joins11:16
<whikloj>Yes this is not how to do but what it should look like11:17
<bseeger>I have the same concern11:18
<escowles>yes, trying to get diverse applications to natively use the same storage layout seems unrealistic11:19
<apb18>whoever is talking: ++
<escowles>though there have been advances in journal-based storage and event-driven i/o since fedora 3's day11:20
maybe different levels of support? level 0: import/export, level 1: live read-only, 2: live read-write?11:22
<bseeger>so live could be async live?11:23
<seth-shaw>Challenges section number 5 talks about this briefly.11:24
<whikloj>I think you all should join this great upcoming group, its called the Oxford Common Filesystem Layout11:25
camel-serialization FTW11:28
* dwilcox_ leaves11:29
<bseeger>okay - thanks for clarify11:30
<seth-shaw>It is interesting, but tangental to current priorities.11:33
* manez_ joins11:38
* manez leaves11:40
<whikloj>THE SETH?!?!?!
* dwilcox joins11:47
<bseeger>not currently - I do hope I can pick one up in the coming weeks11:48
<apb18>noted re: reviews11:50
<whikloj>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2594?filter=1430611:53
<escowles>i think it's worth seeing what we get done async through the rest of the year and organize a sprint early next year if that doesn't get things done11:55
<apb18>escowles++11:57
* dwilcox leaves
<benpennell>in terms of committing to working on the alignment, i don't think i will have time in the next couple of weeks, but after samvera connect i can try to regroup and see if there are parts i can contribute to11:59
<escowles>same here: i expect to at least have time to review, etc. after samvera connect
<seth-shaw>Have a good week.12:02
<awoods>you too, seth-shaw
* seth-shaw leaves12:04
<benpennell>awoods: one thing i was wondering about, will fcrepo5 change anything in the way that transactions are performed?12:07
* escowles leaves12:08
* escowles joins
<awoods>benpennell: no, there should be not change on the txn front
benpennell: no, there should be no change on the txn front
* tolloid joins12:20
* tolloid leaves12:27
* bseeger leaves12:37
<benpennell>awoods: okay thanks. some time ago someone had mentioned possible having the tx ids as headers instead of part of the uri, so wanted to check12:57
* bryjbrown__ joins12:59
* tolloid joins13:03
<awoods>benpennell: I suspect the txn impl will not be changing soon
* tolloid leaves13:04
* dwilcox joins
* tolloid joins
* bseeger joins13:20
* dwilcox leaves13:24
* tolloid leaves13:45
* tolloid joins13:46
* tolloid leaves13:54
* tolloid joins13:57
* dwilcox joins14:00
* dwilcox leaves
* dwilcox joins14:06
* bseeger leaves14:27
* dwilcox leaves14:30
* dshalvi leaves14:36
* dwilcox joins15:16
* dwilcox leaves16:05
* tolloid leaves16:38
* benpennell leaves17:04
* apb18 leaves17:15
* bryjbrown__ leaves17:18
* tolloid joins17:19
* tolloid leaves17:24
* dhlamb leaves17:51
* whikloj leaves17:52
* peichman joins20:15
* peichman leaves20:21
* bryjbrown__ joins20:23
* apb18 joins20:35
* peichman joins20:41
* peichman leaves20:42
* benpennell1 joins20:49
* bryjbrown__ leaves21:23
* apb18 leaves21:27
* apb18 joins21:40
* benpennell1 leaves21:58
* benpennell joins22:08
* apb18 leaves23:03
* apb18 joins23:31
* peichman joins23:33
* benpennell leaves23:45
* apb18 leaves23:59
* peichman leaves00:02

Generated by Sualtam