Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* escowles_ joins02:45
* escowles leaves02:48
* dwilcox joins07:04
* dwilcox leaves07:41
* dwilcox joins08:03
* dwilcox leaves08:07
* benpennell joins08:11
* benpennell leaves08:16
* benpennell joins
* dhlamb joins08:20
* harringj joins08:32
* escowles_ leaves08:49
* escowles joins08:50
* bhauer leaves09:02
* bryjbrown joins09:03
<escowles>[API Alignment Standup]09:06
Finished yesterday:
- FCREPO-2595 use oa:PreferContainedResources to embed children
- FCREPO-2591 changing interaction model of existing resources
Working on today:
- API spec editors meeting
Blockers:
- several meetings
* apb18 joins09:23
* yamil joins09:28
* bseeger joins09:31
* bryjbrown leaves09:57
* lsitu joins10:10
[API Alignment Standup]10:14
Finished yesterday:
Coding for FCREPO-2608 Make user identities available as URIs in kernel API
Working on today:
Wrap up #FCREPO-2608 Make user identities available as URIs in kernel API
Blockers:
None
<harringj>API Alignment Standup10:25
Finished yesterday:
• FCREPO-2609 (awaiting PR feedback)
Working on today: 
• looking over design doc for auth/versioning, maybe grabbing an open messaging ticket (FCREPO-2604 or 2605)       
Blockers:
• none
* whikloj joins10:42
<bseeger>harringj - thanks for looking at the design auth/versioning stuff - can you please if you have comments use the comment feature?11:07
harringj - and the players section, in my mind, is for actual resources in fedora -11:08
ie, the LDPCv is the TimeMap.
<harringj>bseeger: sure, sorry!
<bseeger>the LDPRv is the TimeGate.
<dbernstein>[API Alignment Standup]11:10
Finished yesterday:
* https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2585
Advertise each supported external content type in Accept-Post response header
* https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2586
Unsupported external-body access-types must result in 415 Unsupported Media Type
Working on today:
* https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2594:
PUT must fail with 409 if trying to change interaction model to non-subtype
Blockers:
None
<bseeger>benpennell, harringj - should the players section just be the resources or a repeat of all the elements? I vote for just resources. The elements are spelled out in the spec already.
meaning the resources that might be stored in fedora
<benpennell>bseeger: that would be fine with me11:12
I will link the TimeMap and TimeGate concepts in the players section back to the spec11:13
<harringj>bseeger: yes, that's fine. i totally defer to you all. i was simply looking at the doc and trying to make it more intelligible to someone coming to it cold. the perils of trying to "help" at a late stage :)11:14
<bseeger>actually - that's a very good point - someone reading this from scratch… hmmm…
I think we need to make those connections and very clearly, too11:15
it's massively confusing to understand which actual fedora resource does what.
I'd rather have the TimeGate up with the LDPRv itself - since they are one in the same
<harringj>i was confused, which is why i went out to the memento docs
<bseeger>and I'd rather have the TimeMap up with the LDPCv because that's how you get the TimeMap.11:16
… thinking though…
<harringj>but just let me know how/if i can be helpful on this. i absolutely don't want to get in the way
<bseeger>harringj - you're not in the way — :) it's good to have a fresh set of eyes on it.11:19
new perspective
harringj - I'll give you some background on what I was thinking — this design section is specific to the modeshape implementation and what it could do, based on the specification. So, it's an attempt at exactly what interacting with modeshape fedora would look like.11:21
it's an attempt to write down exactly how modeshape fedora will work with the spec. So, I've tried to be very specific with it. And I'm glad you're avail to help with it11:22
<harringj>bseeger: :)11:25
<bseeger>apb18, benpennell, harringj, escowles, anyone else interested: are you guys available to meet at 3pm today to discuss some open questions we have regarding versioning design?11:30
questions are here: https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=90964507#Versioning/AuthorizationDesign-OpenDesignQuestions11:31
<apb18>I am
<harringj>ditto
<benpennell>bseeger: i am available
<bseeger>apb18 - separately - do you want help testing the docker image for fedora camp?11:32
<escowles>bseeger: i can't do 3pm — i can do 3:45 or later... (or go ahead without me)11:33
<benpennell>3:45 would also be fine with me
<bseeger>I could work with 3:45 — I have to leave at 4:30, but discussion could continue w/o me11:34
4:30 ish — so not an exact time really — could go til 4:45
<apb18>I opened a PR Sunday. Elliot Metsger is helping to debug some issues related to docker-machine, and noticed that one of the PHP-based extensions needs to behave a bit differently with respect to Auth. I need to work through the current code reviews before I can touch that, though11:35
https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-api-x-demo/pull/58
<bseeger>apb18 - okay, I might play with it if I have time.(unless you think I should hold off for a few days)11:36
<harringj>bseeger et al: 3:45 works for me
<apb18>bseeger: feel free to try the PR. Realize, though, that it's just the auth part.11:39
<bseeger>okay - apb18 - can you meet at 3:45 today instead? If so, I think it's a go then.
<apb18>That's fine
* lsitu leaves11:41
* lsitu joins
<apb18>dbernstein: Finished looking at https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/1232. Only remaining issue has to do with isPartOf11:44
<dbernstein>apb18: okay - thanks for the review. I’ll take a look.11:45
<apb18>Would you mind if I placed FCREPO-2603 in the "open" state. It can be started once this PR is in, and the resolution for FCREPO-2608 (make user identity available from kernel API) from lsitu11:49
dbernstein ^^ Sorry, that supposed to be a question, and it was for you
<dbernstein>apb18: yeah sure - no problem.11:51
* github-ff joins12:04
[fcrepo4] lsitu opened pull request #1242: Make user identities available as URIs in kernel API. (master...feature/user_uri) https://git.io/v5h4S
* github-ff leaves
* bseeger leaves12:13
* benpennell leaves12:59
* bseeger joins13:02
* mikeAtUVa joins13:29
* github-ff joins13:36
[fcrepo-specification] dannylamb closed pull request #207: Clarifying WebID requirement (master...webid-clarification) https://git.io/v5Vk4
* github-ff leaves
* mikeAtUVa leaves13:46
* benpennell joins13:59
* github-ff joins14:36
[fcrepo4] birkland pushed 6 new commits to master: https://git.io/v5hMX
fcrepo4/master 3ce1a49 harringj: Adds WebAC module to fcrepo4 codebase...
fcrepo4/master 45a9e63 harringj: Moves dependencies from rbacl into fcrepo-auth-webac module...
fcrepo4/master d647457 harringj: Removes fcrepo-auth-roles-common dependency...
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox joins14:40
* travis-ci joins14:52
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#5162 (master - 000581f : Aaron Birkland): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/5e7fff9e1b94...000581f1213b
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/277895415
* travis-ci leaves
* dwilcox leaves15:28
* dwilcox joins15:31
* benpennell leaves15:43
* benpennell joins15:44
<bseeger>versioning discussion commencing now: in case you need the number: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2017-09-11+API+Alignmentt15:45
https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=90964507#Versioning/AuthorizationDesign-OpenDesignQuestions15:46
* dwilcox leaves15:58
* dwilcox joins15:59
<bseeger>https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=90964556#VersioningDelta/SpecificationNotes-create-ldprm-ex16:04
<escowles>though i don't think it should be `</a/fcr:versions/20170919080311> ldp:contains </a/b>` — shouldn't it be `</a/fcr:versions/20170919080311> ldp:contains </a/fcr:versions/20170919080311/b>`?16:06
<bseeger>weird, I got an option to do a "sub conference" on the call16:15
When an https://fcrepo.github.io/fcrepo-specification/#dfn-ldpr is created with a Link: rel="type" header specifying type http://fedora.info/definitions/fcrepo#VersionedResource16:22
^^ from spec
* dwilcox leaves16:27
* dwilcox joins16:28
* whikloj leaves17:01
* bseeger leaves17:05
* yamil leaves
* dwilcox leaves17:06
* harringj leaves
* dwilcox joins17:07
* dwilcox leaves17:11
* dwilcox joins17:12
* dwilcox leaves17:16
* dwilcox joins17:17
* apb18 leaves
* dwilcox leaves17:21
* dwilcox joins17:22
* dwilcox leaves17:26
* dwilcox joins17:27
* dwilcox leaves17:30
* benpennell leaves17:39
* dhlamb leaves17:48
* escowles_ joins21:21
* escowles leaves21:24
* escowles_ leaves22:01
* escowles joins22:02
* lsitu leaves22:30
* lsitu joins22:31
* f4jenkins leaves23:14
* f4jenkins joins23:16

Generated by Sualtam