Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* lsitu leaves00:23
* lsitu joins
* lsitu leaves01:35
* jonathangee leaves02:13
* jonathangee joins02:16
* jonathangee leaves05:36
* jonathangee joins05:40
* dwilcox joins07:40
* dwilcox leaves07:44
* dwilcox joins07:46
* dwilcox leaves07:47
* dwilcox joins07:49
* dwilcox leaves07:54
* dwilcox joins07:55
* dwilcox leaves07:59
* dhlamb joins
* dwilcox joins08:00
* peichman joins08:18
* peichman leaves08:21
* harringj joins08:24
* manez joins08:32
* benpennell joins08:41
* benpennell leaves08:44
* benpennell joins
* dwilcox leaves09:02
* escowles_ leaves09:08
* escowles joins
* bseeger joins09:10
* peichman joins
<bseeger>[API Alignment Standup]09:12
Finished yesterday:
More design work
Working on today:
Fill out the design I/we have in mind on the wiki and try to get general agreement on
certain aspects of it. From there, start creating tickets.
Blockers:
none
Refining above: working on today: understanding JCR versioning in-depth and what options modeshape offers for versioning. Create more in-depth design as a result of it09:25
<escowles>[API Alignment Standup]09:28
Finished yesterday:
- mostly local meetings
Working on today:
- FCREPO-2595 use oa:PreferContainedResources to embed children
- any other CRUD tickets
Blockers:
- none
* dwilcox joins09:30
* peichman leaves09:35
<harringj>[API Alignment standup]09:37
Finished yesterday:
* whikloj joins09:38
<harringj>- moved WebAc code into Fedora core
Working on today:
-resolving errors with IT test
Blockers:
- might need a hand deciphering some error codes09:39
* westgard joins09:56
[API Alignment Standup]10:00
Finished Yesterday:
- reviewed requirements and use-cases from the WebAC sprints in 2015
Working on today:
- catch up on the work being done by the Versioning/Auth group
- review and comment on the draft documents
Blockers:
- None.
* dwilcox leaves10:01
* github-ff joins10:06
[fcrepo4] escowles force-pushed embed-contained-descriptions from b03d446 to d25eeee: https://git.io/v5ADJ
fcrepo4/embed-contained-descriptions d25eeee Esmé Cowles: Support oa:PreferContainedDescriptions prefer header
* github-ff leaves
* lsitu joins10:09
* github-ff joins10:10
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #1239: Support oa:PreferContainedDescriptions prefer header (master...embed-contained-descriptions) https://git.io/v5ADP
* github-ff leaves
<lsitu>[API Alignment Standup]10:14
Finished yesterday:
- Add support for Want-Digest header to external content: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2587
Working on today:
- Make user identities available as URIs in kernel API: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2608
Blockers:
- none
* travis-ci joins10:25
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#5154 (embed-contained-descriptions - d25eeee : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/b03d44682ed1...d25eeee756d2
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/277325179
* travis-ci leaves
* bseeger leaves10:27
* yamil joins10:29
* apb18 joins10:36
* github-ff joins10:50
[fcrepo-specification] escowles opened pull request #227: Adding note about using Cache-Control: no-cache with fixity checks (master...cache-control) https://git.io/v5Adi
* github-ff leaves
<apb18>Hi sprinters. I'm in Baltimore today in a few meetings. Will look at PRs this afternoon!10:58
* apb18 leaves11:03
* bseeger joins11:07
<benpennell>oops forgot about this11:44
[API Alignment Standup]
Finished Yesterday:
* Re-reviewed documentation, revised design notes
Working on today:
* Reading JCR specification as it relates to versioning
* Work on document of versioning
Blockers:
* none
* westgard leaves11:49
* dbernstein joins11:51
[API Alignment Standup]
Finished yesterday:
reworked https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2602
(Use Activity Streams JSON for message bodies)
Working on today:
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2585
Advertise each supported external content type in Accept-Post response header
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2586
Unsupported external-body access-types must result in 415 Unsupported Media Type
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2594:
PUT must fail with 409 if trying to change interaction model to non-subtype
Blockers:11:52
None
* benpennell leaves12:03
* benpennell joins
* bseeger leaves12:10
* peichman joins12:27
* westgard joins12:40
* lsitu leaves12:48
* lsitu joins12:49
* peichman leaves12:51
* apb18 joins12:52
* bseeger joins13:13
* lsitu leaves13:19
* lsitu joins
* github-ff joins13:30
[fcrepo4] harringj opened pull request #1240: Fcrepo 2609 (master...fcrepo-2609) https://git.io/v5xsN
* github-ff leaves
<harringj>i know that FCREPO-2609 was a pre-req for some other tickets out there. just a heads up that there is a PR open. one IT test case is failing, and i've posted a question on the PR about that13:48
<apb18>harringj: I saw your question. I'm heading into another meeting, but will take a look in a little while13:55
<harringj>apb18: ok, thanks!13:56
<apb18>lsitu, I just commented on https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-260813:57
<lsitu>apb18: Thanks. I am looking into it now.13:59
<apb18>lsitu++
<lsitu>apb18: It looks like URI#toString() may not be suficient in BatchService.java when a user sumitted another batch while the previous one hasn’t done yet. It expects a unique id or UUID. So we may need another signiture for either purpose.14:07
apb18: I meant if we use the repurpose FedoraSession#getId() with URI.toString() in BatchService.java, it may not work as expected when a user submited multiple batches for concurrent processing.14:17
<apb18>lsitu: That's a good point. Maybe your initial suggestion of adding a method to get a user's URI (and leaving ID alone) is the best approach then14:24
It was not obvious to me that getId() was used in that fashion.14:25
<lsitu>apb18: Thanks. I’ll start with a new signiture and leave the cuttent getId method there then.14:27
<apb18>lsitu: That sounds like the best way to do it. Thanks for noticing!14:33
* lsitu leaves14:43
* lsitu joins
* westgard leaves14:51
* github-ff joins15:32
[fcrepo4] dbernstein opened pull request #1241: Unsupported external-body access-types now result in 415 Unsupported … (master...fcrepo-2586) https://git.io/v5xa1
* github-ff leaves
* mikeAtUVa joins15:44
<apb18>Hi versioning subgroup (or at least those of you who are on IRC; benpennell or bseeger ). I've been in touch with Herbrt Van de Sompel re: memento. He has some availability next week Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. I know none of you overlap sprints, but was wondering if any of you would be up for a sort of overview/handoff/update meeting regarding auth and versioning some time between 9am and 1pm (Eastern) on Tuesday15:53
<benpennell>apb18: hmm, yeah i should be able at that time on tuesday15:54
<apb18>If it's possible to summarize the subgroup's work, identify open questions, and introduce the topics to the new sprinters and/or Herbert and Memento folks, that would be wonderful15:56
I'll need see if any Sprint 2 sprinters will be available, but Tuesday morning would be ideal if we could pull it off
<bseeger>apb18 - yes, I'm available in that time slot except for 10-11 am.
apb18 - I totally want to make sure we can hand stuff off and that no one has to start again on this. To that we've added a bit to the design page on how we expect the fedora-modeshape impl to work with mementos/acls15:57
/ To that / To that end /
still working on that though.15:58
<apb18>bseeger, benpennell: Cool. Yes, we do not want to lose any institutional knowledge on this, it's really challenging stuff!16:02
* apb18 leaves16:17
* dwilcox joins16:22
<benpennell>is it okay for two separate LDPR's (/a and /b) to have ldp:contains relations to the same LDPR (/c) ?16:37
* mikeAtUVa leaves17:01
* bseeger leaves17:08
* harringj leaves17:13
* dwilcox leaves17:23
* dhlamb leaves17:50
* yamil leaves17:52
* whikloj leaves18:00
* benpennell leaves19:15
* dwilcox joins19:33
* dwilcox leaves20:03
* dwilcox joins20:04
* benpennell joins20:18
* benpennell leaves20:21
* benpennell joins
* benpennell leaves
* dwilcox leaves20:42
* dwilcox joins20:43
* dwilcox leaves20:47
* dwilcox joins20:48
* dwilcox leaves20:52
* dwilcox joins20:53
* dwilcox leaves21:03
* lsitu leaves21:59

Generated by Sualtam