Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dbernstein leaves00:46
* dbernstein joins00:56
* dwilcox joins02:12
* dbernstein leaves02:14
* dbernstein joins02:44
* dbernstein leaves03:09
* dwilcox leaves03:10
* dwilcox joins04:05
* dwilcox leaves05:10
* dwilcox joins05:13
* dwilcox leaves05:43
* dwilcox joins05:48
* dwilcox leaves
* dwilcox joins05:49
* dwilcox leaves05:54
* dwilcox joins06:10
* dwilcox leaves07:18
* manez leaves07:49
* dwilcox joins08:06
* dhlamb joins08:36
* benpennell joins09:04
* dwilcox leaves09:07
* dwilcox joins
* peichman joins09:14
* dwilcox leaves09:19
* yamil joins09:27
* bryjbrown joins09:39
* dwilcox joins10:17
* bryjbrown leaves10:25
* bryjbrown joins10:38
* whikloj joins10:52
* dbernstein joins11:00
* dbernstein leaves
<whikloj>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2017-09-07+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting11:01
* apb18 joins11:03
* acoburn joins11:04
<apb18>(I'm in another meeting and will be late)
* bseeger joins
<acoburn>whikloj: I have a question about these once apb18 arrives11:06
<whikloj>acoburn: sure
* dbernstein joins11:07
<dhlamb>fyi I've had to swap from the first to the second sprint because of scheduling
* dbernstein leaves11:11
<acoburn>peichman: was the binary really small?11:12
* dbernstein joins
<acoburn>peichman: that is precisely what I was getting at
* apb18 is here now11:15
<acoburn>peichman: that seems like playing with fire (writing directly to the fs)11:16
* dwilcox leaves11:18
* dwilcox joins11:19
<acoburn>apb18: it would be a good opportunity to remove PairTrees11:23
<dhlamb>fwiw, breaking changes tick people off. so if you're gonna do it, get 'em in. better to tick people off once instead of twice or more.11:26
<whikloj>ticket being discussed: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2544
<dhlamb>so says the guy that just razed his entire stack
<whikloj>dhlamb++
<peichman>dhlamb++
<acoburn>my question is this: is Fedora 5.x going to be a _reference_ implementation or merely one possible implementation of the Fedora spec11:27
if it is the _reference_ implementation, then any out-of-spec features should be considered very carefully11:28
<whikloj>acoburn: good point
<acoburn>whikloj: that's a question for fedora-leaders11:30
it's a MODE issue11:32
it has to do with Fedora's use of same-name siblings, which MODE specifically warns against using
* christopher joins11:34
<dhlamb>i'm scared when acoburn says something is complicated11:35
<peichman>dhlamb++
<whikloj>https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/MODE/Concepts#Concepts-Node,children,names,andpaths11:36
peichman: https://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/spec/jcr/2.0/3_Repository_Model.html#3.1.3.1%20Same-Name%20Siblings11:37
<peichman>whikloj++
<acoburn>apb18: I wrote code that _hides_ pairtrees so that the don't exist in the API11:38
apb18: it might make sense for something similar to become part of the main codebase
<peichman>I am all for at the very least hiding pairtrees from the externally-facing URIs
<christopher>https://modeshape.wordpress.com/category/techniques/
<acoburn>whikloj: I support what you just said11:40
<bseeger>whikloj: same here — at the very least we should give space to discuss this more
<acoburn>apb18++11:41
<peichman>apb18++
<acoburn>apb18: with a little perl code run over an import/export dataset, that should be something one could easily deal with11:43
<whikloj>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Policy+-+Previous+Versions+Support11:51
<acoburn>whikloj: the JVM support policy will need to change in order to support an LTS policy
* mcritchlow joins11:55
<apb18>(by the way, would somebody be willing to review/merge https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2578. Our IT department flagged Fedora re: vulnerability with jquery 1.9.x)11:56
<acoburn>apb18: it'd be even better if we removed jQuery altogether :-)
<apb18>I tried quickly, and failed11:57
<acoburn>apb18: the only reason it's needed relates to the use of modals within bootstrap
apb18: but that can be easily replaced with 10 lines of native JS
<peichman>acoburn: I concur we should toss jQuery if possible11:58
<acoburn>death to jQuery
<peichman>acoburn: https://github.com/oneuijs/You-Dont-Need-jQuery11:59
<apb18>Yes, that would be preferable. BUT, perhaps as a ticket to specifically get rid of jquery. The above ticket and PR just address an immediate problem
<acoburn>apb18: that is a very good point
<peichman>apb18: true; just expressing my general feelings about jQuery :-)
* apb18 doesn't have much js or jquery fu12:00
<acoburn>whikloj: most of it — only the modal stuff remains12:02
* dwilcox leaves
<apb18>whikloj++
<acoburn>whikloj++
bseeger++
<peichman>whikloj++ bseeger++
<bseeger>whikloj++
* acoburn leaves
<whikloj>bseeger++12:03
* christopher leaves
<whikloj>bseeger: did you put those Action items in the minutes or are they left over from last week?12:05
* dwilcox joins12:34
* bseeger leaves12:45
* dwilcox leaves12:57
* dwilcox_ joins
* dwilcox_ leaves13:04
* bseeger joins13:07
whikloj: they are leftovers13:08
* ruebot joins13:32
* ruebot leaves
* ruebot joins
<whikloj>bseeger: thanks, I figured that was probably the case.13:39
* whikloj leaves13:49
* dbernstein leaves13:58
* dbernstein joins
* dbernstein leaves
* ruebot leaves13:59
* whikloj joins14:00
* bseeger leaves14:48
* bseeger joins14:54
* bseeger leaves15:24
* bseeger joins
* bryjbrown leaves15:54
* bseeger leaves16:15
* bseeger joins16:20
* bseeger leaves17:01
* peichman leaves17:08
* benpennell leaves17:27
* apb18 leaves17:44
* mcritchlow leaves17:48
* whikloj leaves17:51
* apb18 joins17:59
* dhlamb leaves18:05
* apb18 leaves18:11

Generated by Sualtam