Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ejbivona leaves02:07
* ejbivona joins02:56
* dwilcox joins03:47
* dwilcox leaves04:34
* dwilcox joins05:01
* dwilcox_ joins05:05
* dwilcox leaves05:06
* ejbivona leaves06:34
* dwilcox_ leaves07:09
* ejbivona joins07:23
* dwilcox joins07:33
* ejbivona leaves07:57
* ejbivona joins08:06
* coblej joins08:07
* ejbivona leaves08:12
* awead joins08:21
* ejbivona joins08:23
* ejbivona leaves08:29
* awoods joins08:39
* dhlamb joins
* dwilcox leaves08:43
* coblej leaves08:50
* benpennell joins08:53
* mikeAtUVa joins09:04
* coblej joins09:07
* mikeAtUVa leaves09:09
* whikloj joins09:16
* ejbivona joins09:17
* peichman joins09:20
* yamil joins09:26
* ejbivona leaves09:51
* ejbivona joins09:58
* ejbivona leaves10:03
* ejbivona joins
* ejbivona leaves10:08
* ejbivona joins10:13
* dwilcox joins10:14
* ejbivona leaves10:20
* ejbivona joins10:24
* ejbivona leaves10:29
* dwilcox leaves10:40
* dwilcox joins10:44
* kefo joins10:45
* benpennell leaves10:57
* dwilcox leaves10:58
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2017-04-27+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting10:59
* dhlamb leaves
* dhlamb joins11:03
* dhlamb is here11:04
* dhlamb leaves11:16
* mikeAtUVa joins11:19
* ejbivona joins11:26
* dhlamb joins11:30
* dwilcox joins11:31
* ejbivona leaves11:33
* ejbivona joins
Hi, I have a FCR instance (under Hydra) that I upgraded from 3.5.1 to 3.7.1.11:36
Unfortunately, I missed the best practice change/addition of setting "fedora-node-types.cnd" in the repository.json config file.11:37
Now when I start up my FCR, I get errors like this "ERROR 16:51:15.758 (RepositoryNodeTypeManager) Node types were read from the system content, and appear to be inconsistent or invalid:"
* benpennell joins11:39
<ejbivona>"repo org.modeshape.jcr.value.ValueFormatException: Error converting "ns015:Collection" from String to a Name at org.modeshape.jcr.value.basic.NameValueFactory.create(NameValueFactory.java:157)
Is there anything I can do to fix this problem with my repository?11:40
<kefo>Do we have any idea on how many people use blank nodes in their data? I guess anyone who used rdf:List would have them.11:42
<whikloj>ejbivona: sorry do you mean Fedora 3.5.1 -> 3.7.1 or is that a Hydra version?
<ejbivona>Fedora 3.5.1 -> 3.7.1, by way of 3.6.x because of the Infinispan(?)/Modeshape changes.11:43
<whikloj>ejbivona: ok so that would be 4.5.1 -> 4.7.1, but I understand. The modeshape change was at 4.7.0, so you did complete an export/import of your repository there correct?11:45
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Fedora+4.7.0+Release+Notes
<ejbivona>whikloj: Yes, sorry, it was the 4 series, my bad. I did a backup and restore before that point.11:46
<dhlamb>honestly, i could benefit from a refresher11:49
<whikloj>ejbivona: ok and have you updated your respository.json config to use any custom namespaces you have, including (I think) "test:" ?11:52
<ejbivona>@whikloj I do have namespaces.cnd file that my repository.json points to. I don't have a namespace for "test:" in there, though.11:54
* benpennell leaves11:55
<whikloj>ejbivona: so the namespace ns015 that is referenced in your error message, do you know what that should be?11:57
* benpennell joins12:03
* benpennell leaves12:04
* peichman leaves
<ejbivona>whikloj: I'm afraid I don't, and I'm not sure how to find out.12:05
<whikloj>ejbivona: Have you tried to stand up a Fedora 4.6.1 with your exported data and if that works you could generate a list of your namespaces?12:08
<ejbivona>whikloj: I suppose so. I'm not sure how to generate a list of namespaces, though.12:09
<whikloj>ejbivona: I am guessing here, as I don't use Hydra. But I bet "ns015:Collection" is "pcdm:Collection"12:10
ejbivona: You might also want to checkout the #hydra IRC or Slack channels as they would be more familiar with your data model.12:11
* coblej leaves12:12
<ejbivona>whikloj: Okay, that makes sense. I'll try adding the pcdm namespace to my namespace.cnd file, and see if that helps. Thanks!12:13
<whikloj>ejbivona: no problem
<dhlamb>awoods, minutes are up12:16
<awoods>dhlamb++
* dwilcox leaves12:21
* coblej joins12:30
* coblej leaves12:35
* ejbivona leaves12:41
* ejbivona joins12:42
* ejbivona leaves12:44
* ejbivona joins
* barmintor_ joins12:58
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2017-04-27+-+API+Spec+Meeting13:00
<dhlamb>awoods, omw13:01
* escowles joins13:02
* apb18 joins
<escowles>awoods: i can't join the api spec call — i tried incognito mode (which has worked for me sometimes when i hit this issue)
<barmintor_>awoods: I don't know yet
* dhlamb is here13:03
<awoods>escowles: can you use a phone?
<escowles>awoods: sure
<barmintor_>awoods: I'll send you a pdf
<escowles>oh wait, i was trying the hangout url, but i think that's another meeting...13:04
<awoods>escowles: Dial-in Number: (712) 775-7035
Participant Code: 479307#
* coblej joins
* ejbivona leaves13:07
<whikloj>FIGHT FIGHT
<barmintor_>no fighting13:08
<whikloj>awwwww
* ejbivona joins
* ejbivona leaves13:12
<awoods>https://github.com/fcrepo/fcrepo-specification/issues13:13
* westgard joins13:14
<dhlamb>i concur13:16
that's the only way13:19
<barmintor_>awoods: I was going to ask whether this was intended to be a recurring meeting, fwiw13:20
<escowles>i'm fine with weekly, until we find ourselves short of issues to work through13:21
* zimeon joins
<whikloj>or think slowle13:26
or think slowly
<barmintor_>I think the important thing here is how the spec will adapt to issues that don't meet the vote threshold.
ie, how do we drop things.
<apb18>btw, as a contributor (who is sometimes slow, and has ebbs and flows), I like a "waiting period" for last-minute comments/questions. That's not the fastest approach, however13:29
<barmintor_>apb18: so do I
<zimeon>+1 on a (few day) wait period13:30
<escowles>i think maybe there's a sliding scale: when everybody firmly agrees, i'm not opposed to moving quickly, but when there isn't consensus, how do we resolve that?
<whikloj>^^that
<escowles>so maybe we have +1 for agreement, +0 for ambivalence, and -1 for veto, and if there are any +0s, then we should wait longer before merging/whatever action is appropriate?13:31
<zimeon>I think it is a responsibility of the editorial group to decide how to move forward in the case of lack of consensus. Can the issue be ignored/droped, or is a decision (by simple majority in the limit) necessary, for example13:32
<dhlamb>trust++13:34
* ejbivona joins13:38
<barmintor_>I think 72 bours sounds like a nice compromise, zimeon++
<escowles>72 hours sounds good and would span the weekend too13:39
* peichman joins
* zimeon leaves13:41
<barmintor_>afk real quick
ok13:43
* ejbivona leaves13:44
* ejbivona joins13:45
<dhlamb>sounds fine to me13:49
sorry, i dropped13:50
i'm back
* ejbivona leaves
<barmintor_>no, it's ok13:52
it's an inevitable consequence of conference calls13:53
<escowles>i think the "whitespace" is maybe a product of people not having strong opinions about some of these things
<barmintor_>we can't see each other.
god no, I hate video calls.
<whikloj>LOL
well said13:54
5 men enter, 1 spec leaves
<escowles>it is a price of doing business — and it's probably cheaper than flying us all somewhere to have an in-person discussion
* youn joins13:58
* benpennell joins13:59
<dhlamb>thanks
<escowles>i'm going to drop off and re-connect to see if it improves my sounds quality
* osmandin joins14:01
<youn>Hi, Osman. You're readme for the Quicksearch vagrant set up has been very useful. I don't have your current email.14:03
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2017-04-27+-+Import+-+Export+Planning+Meeting
* ejbivona joins
<osmandin>youn: Hi, Youn. Nice to hear from you. I'll email shortly. Thanks.14:04
<benpennell>looks good to me14:05
<escowles>+1
* ejbivona leaves14:08
* ejbivona joins14:11
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+Import+-+Export14:40
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+Import+-+Export#Design-Import-Export-Usecasesyettoberolledintorequirements14:49
* Linda_ joins15:03
* youn leaves
* Linda_ leaves
* osmandin leaves15:09
* westgard leaves15:11
* coblej leaves15:14
* osmandin joins15:24
* mikeAtUVa leaves15:29
<dhlamb>apb18, ping15:39
<apb18>yes
<dhlamb>apb18, when api-x makes its calls to fedora to lookup the underlying service, does it pass along the authorization headers sent in the original request?15:40
apb18, from the documentation, i see it passes them along to the service after it resolves it, but i'm asking about the requests against fedora15:41
<apb18>Yes, requests to Fedora are really no different in that regard
<dhlamb>apb18, fantastic
apb18, bit of a last minute panic after asking folks to work on api-x related tasks15:42
apb18, thanks
<apb18>dhlamb: No problem at all. I don't think there's specifically an IT that verifies auth headers specifically. If any headers (auth or otherwise) aren't being passed on; and proxies aren't specifically allowed to mess with them, then it's a bug. The only headers I know API-X does mess with is transfer encoding (i.e. deciding to use chunked encoding regardless of what the underlying resource decides to do)15:45
<dhlamb>apb18, good to know. the api-x integration work is starting to take shape, so we'll let you know if we run across anything.15:47
<apb18>dhlamb: excellent!15:48
* coblej joins15:53
<barmintor_>awoods: ping?15:58
<awoods>barmintor_15:59
<barmintor_>awoods: I think you missed a PM
* coblej leaves16:03
* escowles leaves16:18
* ejbivona leaves16:24
* coblej joins
* ejbivona joins
* coblej leaves16:25
* coblej joins
* ejbivona leaves16:28
* ejbivona joins16:40
* awead leaves16:52
* coblej leaves
* osmandin leaves17:00
* coblej joins17:04
* kefo leaves17:17
* benpennell leaves
* peichman leaves17:23
* coblej leaves17:24
* yamil leaves17:49
* apb18 leaves17:51
* apb18 joins17:52
* ejbivona leaves17:53
* ejbivona_ joins
* ejbivona_ leaves
* ejbivona joins17:54
* ejbivona leaves
* ejbivona joins
* ejbivona leaves17:55
* whikloj leaves17:59
* ajwagner leaves18:17
* ajwagner joins18:18
* ejbivona joins18:38
* ejbivona leaves18:45
* ejbivona joins18:49
* dwilcox joins18:51
* ejbivona leaves18:55
* ejbivona joins18:58
* ejbivona leaves19:03
* dwilcox leaves19:07
* ejbivona joins
* ejbivona leaves19:31
* peichman joins19:35
* ejbivona joins19:42
* ejbivona leaves19:46
* ejbivona joins19:48
* ejbivona leaves19:52
* peichman leaves20:05
* ejbivona joins20:24
* ejbivona leaves20:31
* ejbivona joins20:41
* ejbivona leaves20:46
* ejbivona joins21:11
* benpennell joins21:17
* ejbivona leaves
* ejbivona joins21:19
* ejbivona leaves21:25
* ejbivona joins21:44
* awoods leaves21:45
* apb18 leaves21:46
* ejbivona leaves21:50
* ejbivona joins21:52
* apb18 joins
* ejbivona leaves21:57
* benpennell leaves22:01
* apb18 leaves22:02
* apb18 joins22:07
* ejbivona joins22:08
* apb18 leaves22:15
* peichman joins22:18
* whikloj joins22:19
* peichman leaves22:22
* awoods joins22:33
* peichman joins22:35
* peichman1 joins22:37
* peichman leaves
* awoods leaves22:40
* ejbivona leaves22:41
* peichman1 leaves22:47
* ejbivona joins22:49
* benpennell joins22:53
* ejbivona leaves22:54
* apb18 joins
* benpennell leaves22:56
* benpennell joins
* ejbivona joins23:01
* ejbivona leaves23:05
* whikloj leaves23:08
* whikloj joins
* whikloj leaves23:10
* ejbivona joins23:13
* ejbivona leaves23:18
* ejbivona joins23:22
* ejbivona leaves23:28
* apb18 leaves23:29
* ejbivona joins23:39
* ejbivona leaves23:43
* benpennell leaves
* ejbivona joins00:11
* ejbivona leaves00:18
* ejbivona joins00:28
* ejbivona leaves00:33
* ejbivona joins00:36
* ejbivona leaves00:41
* ejbivona joins00:59
* ejbivona leaves01:46
* ejbivona joins01:55
* ejbivona leaves02:01
* ejbivona joins02:21
* ejbivona leaves02:28
* ejbivona joins02:31
* ejbivona leaves02:35
* ejbivona joins02:37
* ejbivona leaves02:42
* ejbivona joins03:03
* ejbivona leaves03:08
* ejbivona joins03:10
* dwilcox joins03:32
* ejbivona leaves03:34
* ejbivona joins03:40
* ejbivona leaves03:45