Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* jonathangee leaves05:42
* jonathangee joins05:50
* peichman joins06:28
* peichman leaves06:32
* dwilcox joins07:10
* kestlund joins07:25
* kestlund leaves08:14
* whikloj joins09:02
* kestlund joins09:05
* yamil joins09:07
* dhlamb leaves09:35
* ruebot leaves09:37
* ruebot joins
* ruebot leaves
* ruebot joins
* dhlamb joins09:40
* awoods joins09:54
* bseeger joins10:01
<whikloj>Can someone explain what makes properties defined in a pom.xml accessible in the various Spring XML files?10:13
Seems like there should be a <systemProperty>, but we only use those in the integration test plugin definition10:14
* peichman joins10:23
* bseeger leaves10:28
* ajs6f joins
* bseeger joins10:41
<awoods>whikloj: the <resources> element defines which directory(ies) should be filtered for property replacement. Like: https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/blob/master/pom.xml#L33011:03
https://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Resources
<whikloj>awoods: so I would need 2 profiles, 1 default and 1 with webac? I was trying to go with a default and 1 optional profile.11:04
<awoods>whikloj: I was hoping for only one profile as well
whikloj: you can define the <resources> element as a child of the top-level <build> element.11:05
<whikloj>awoods: ok I'll try that
<awoods>whikloj: thanks for moving that ticket forward.11:06
<whikloj>np
awoods: is your hope that users will define the fcrepo.modeshape.configuration property on their own? Or should I set defaults in the spring XML11:12
<awoods>whikloj: the integration tests should have that configuration set, but the war artifact should not. Yes, we want to encourage users to point to their own externalized config.11:14
<whikloj>awoods: ok
* kestlund leaves11:59
* ajs6f1 joins12:07
* ajs6f leaves
* bseeger leaves12:11
* ajs6f leaves12:32
* bseeger joins12:51
<whikloj>awoods:12:52
<awoods>whikloj?12:59
* bseeger leaves13:00
<whikloj>awoods: sorry talked myself out of it. I'm just going to open the PR. Any issues can be resolved there.
<awoods>whikloj++
* peichman leaves13:01
* ajs6f joins
* peichman joins13:04
* bseeger joins13:18
* dwilcox leaves13:20
* github-ff joins13:51
[fcrepo-webapp-plus] whikloj opened pull request #55: Refactor fcrepo-webapp-plus to reduce profiles (master...FCREPO-2389) https://git.io/vDZiu
* github-ff leaves
<barmintor>awoods: I shouldn't have bolded at you, I'm sorry. Too stern!13:53
* dwilcox joins13:59
<awoods>barmintor: I know you are italics inside14:00
<barmintor>sometimes I feel struckthrough tbh
<awoods>barmintor: I was wondering, would you be interested in discussing Cavendish on next week's Tech call?14:01
* kestlund joins14:02
<awoods>barmintor: I am going to ask acoburn as well.
<barmintor>awoods: let me make sure I'm not booked
awoods: yeah I should be fine14:03
<awoods>thanks, barmintor
* kestlund leaves
* kestlund joins14:04
<barmintor>awoods: I'm trying to be a little firmer about the tech call fwiw, but my calendar is a meeting fiesta lately
and next week is NYCDH week, but fortunately looks like no conflicts
<awoods>barmintor: I know exactly what you mean
* acoburn joins14:08
awoods: I think this page is incorrect https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA471/Filesystem+Federation
* barmintor wavs a acoburn
<acoburn>awoods: there was no 4.7.1 release for filesystem federation14:09
*waves at barmintor*
<barmintor>err, add E and T where appropriate
<awoods>thanks, acoburn... that page should be gone.14:16
btw, acoburn, would you be interested in discussing Trellis at next week's Tech call?
* acoburn leaves14:22
* acoburn joins14:24
* peichman leaves14:26
* acoburn leaves14:28
* peichman joins14:29
* acoburn1 joins14:30
awoods: sure, I'd be happy to discuss trellis
<awoods>thanks, acoburn1
* acoburn1 leaves14:31
<awoods>acoburn1: barmintor will as be discussing Cavendish.
acoburn1: barmintor will also be discussing Cavendish.
* acoburn1 joins
* dwilcox leaves14:37
<acoburn1>awoods: great, that should be interesting14:38
* kestlund1 joins14:47
* kestlund1 leaves
* kestlund leaves14:51
<barmintor>ajs6f: we're having a non--argument, and I think it's because awoods edited his comment in response to the comment that is confusing you.14:57
* ajs6f leaves14:58
<barmintor>dangit
* ajs6f joins14:59
barmintor?
<awoods>barmintor: I can re-edit my comment so it is once again incorrect... if that helps.15:00
<barmintor>ajs6f: the comment I responded to originally said "iana:describes links on LDP-NRs"
awoods: noooooooo
<awoods>;)
<ajs6f>barmintor: I don't think we're having a serious argument, but I actually do think we may disagree about something
barmintor: Are you saying (to put it informally) "NRs don't describe other NRs"15:01
?
"Only RDF sources describe NRs"?
<barmintor>ajs6f: see that is a trap because I cannot say you are wrong and also hold my position that we are not in disagreement
<ajs6f>barmintor: I love you anyways.
barmintor: Seriously, we don't have to worry about this for the spec.
barmintor: But you know I do think that NRs can describe other NRs, and the example in my mind is a GIF that excerpts a video, in the style you often see on the web.15:02
I consider that a precis or summary and therefore a valid style of description.
barmintor: But we don't have to care about this for that issue.15:03
<barmintor>that is definitely a related resource, but I think it is not iana:describes, and it is really not the describes header in LDP
<ajs6f>barmintor: That may be-- I haven't checked carefully enough.
barmintor: In any event, we can leave all this out of the "external" thing, right?
<barmintor>actually, I have to amend that, but yes- it is a total ly unrelated thing to that ticket15:04
<ajs6f>barmintor: Let's not lose sight of the important point: fundamentally, this is all awoods' fault.
<barmintor>THANK YOU
* dwilcox joins
<barmintor>I've been telling anyone who would listen that for years
"Rob I'm the only one working on Fedora 3 WHICH I WOULD NOT BE IF AWOODS WAS"15:05
<awoods>barmintor/ajs6f: not nice
<ajs6f>barmintor: He reminds me in many ways of that famous scene from Tom Sawyer where Tom gets the other boys to paint the sign for him.
<barmintor>history changed the day awoods went off to work on duracloud look where we are now15:06
* awoods busy doing something else15:07
<ajs6f>We are certainly in a much cloudier place.
* dwilcox leaves15:09
* dwilcox joins
* travis-ci joins15:10
ualbertalib/fcrepo4-oaiprovider#56 (no-permission - 032eafc : Piyapong Charoenwattana): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/ualbertalib/fcrepo4-oaiprovider/compare/97db244388d8...032eafce8366
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/ualbertalib/fcrepo4-oaiprovider/builds/198133426
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins15:11
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] acoburn pushed 4 new commits to master: https://git.io/vDZdR
fcrepo-camel-toolbox/master cde4e78 Mohamed Mohideen Abdul Rasheed: Changes:...
fcrepo-camel-toolbox/master c5a3255 Aaron Coburn: minor doc fixes
fcrepo-camel-toolbox/master 1f0c9dd Mohamed Mohideen Abdul Rasheed: Merge pull request #1 from acoburn/minor_doc_fixes...
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox leaves15:28
* dwilcox joins15:34
* dwilcox leaves15:47
* dwilcox joins
* dwilcox leaves16:08
* dwilcox joins
* dwilcox leaves16:20
* dwilcox joins16:22
* dwilcox leaves16:38
* ajs6f leaves16:40
* acoburn joins16:44
* acoburn1 leaves16:47
* bseeger leaves16:52
* barmintor leaves16:53
* acoburn leaves17:36
* travis-ci joins17:37
ualbertalib/fcrepo4-oaiprovider#57 (no-permission - a6ce95d : Piyapong Charoenwattana): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/ualbertalib/fcrepo4-oaiprovider/compare/032eafce8366...a6ce95d356ac
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/ualbertalib/fcrepo4-oaiprovider/builds/198184975
* travis-ci leaves
* peichman leaves17:50
* ajs6f joins17:52
* ajs6f leaves17:56
* whikloj leaves17:58
* yamil leaves20:31
* peichman joins22:46
* f4jenkins joins23:12