Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dwilcox joins07:23
* awoods joins08:18
* coblej joins08:19
* peichman joins08:45
* kestlund joins08:47
* whikloj joins09:13
* yamil joins09:14
* kestlund leaves09:55
* coblej leaves09:57
* coblej joins10:00
* kestlund joins
* coblej leaves10:03
* coblej joins
* mikeAtUVa joins10:13
* coblej leaves10:14
* coblej joins10:15
* ajs6f joins10:21
* coblej leaves10:28
* coblej joins10:33
* coblej leaves10:34
* coblej joins
* coblej leaves10:54
* escowles joins10:58
* coblej joins
* ylchen joins10:59
<escowles>ylchen: i see a star next to your name https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2017-02-02+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting
<ylchen>escowles: I will take note11:00
* ajs6f I'm here.11:01
* kat3_drx joins
* barmintor is here
* kefo joins
* kat3_drx is here too11:02
* coblej here
* dhlamb is on the way11:04
* kestlund1 joins11:06
* dhlamb is here
<ajs6f>spearheads++11:07
* zimeon joins
<ruebot>kat3_drx++11:08
* kestlund leaves
<ajs6f>kat3_drx++11:10
ruebot: Doesn't CLAW use Docker somehow?
<barmintor>that's true, he did.
<whikloj>ajs6f: we did, but the maintenance was great as no one was well versed
<ajs6f>whikloj: Ah. Might be a chance here to collaborate and lower costs.11:11
<barmintor>zimeon: thanks v much for reviewing the API draft
<ajs6f>zimeon: Ditto!
<zimeon>my pleasure, I have learned alot
<ruebot>ajs6f: we did for the Drupal 7.x version of CLAW
ajs6f: it hasn't been updated since11:12
<ajs6f>I have asked zimeon to send a PR inserting a credit for himself as an editor.
<whikloj>ajs6f: my time with docker has taught me that it is another thing to learn...when I have time
<zimeon>thanks, will do that
<ajs6f>Because he deserves recognition and I am phenominally lazy.
<whikloj>he really isn't
<ajs6f>whikloj: Got to reprioritize. Do you _really_ need kids?
Adding properties... erm. Not a big fan of this.11:13
<whikloj>ajs6f: A question I ask my wife at least once a year on their birthdays
<zimeon>has there been any discussion of trying to make a mod of the LDP test suite to cover Fedora spec?
<ajs6f>whikloj++ # badump ching!
<ruebot>ajs6f: at OR last year, erin fahy, francis, and i had a similar idea to what kat3_drx proposed; shared docker or other "devops" infrastructure -- https://github.com/hylandora
<ajs6f>ruebot: right right.
ruebot: +1 to that.
<ruebot>ajs6f: but, of course time has gotta way away from us :-)
<ajs6f>ruebot: Time will pay one day for everything it has taken from us.11:14
<ruebot>ajs6f++
<ajs6f>zimeon: No, but only because we haven't gotten that far.11:15
zimeon: barmintor is the TCK man.
<barmintor>zimeon: yes, I have started sketching this out.
<ajs6f>Managing properties in both directions to assemble one semantic...
barmintor: Would you like to share that in the fcrepo GH org?11:16
<zimeon>ajjs6f: barmintor: would be cool but I could image a bunch of work
<ajs6f>zimeon: We will have tests. Without them barmintor wakes up in a cold sweat night after night.
<barmintor>ajs6f zimeon some of it is in the cavendish codebase; should probably reboot it as a fork of the LDP TCK11:17
<ruebot>https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/migration-utils
oh, dannyb isn't here
<ajs6f>barmintor: I'm increasingly convinced that we are going to have to fork that repo. Neither awoods nor I have had any real success with LDPNext.
<barmintor>the pipe were calling
<whikloj>escowles: https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo4-upgrade-utils11:18
<ruebot>whikloj++ ruebot--
<barmintor>ajs6f: IDK that any LDPNext'ers are even on the committer list.
* dbernstein joins
<ajs6f>I don't much like the idea of adding properties to deal with this, but I don't care enough to object with any strength.
barmintor: No, it's more about getting the "permissions" at a higher level to maintain those artifacts.11:19
<barmintor>ajs6f++
<ajs6f>barmintor: But I don't much care at this point.
<whikloj>escowles++
<ajs6f>barmintor: We need to do what's right by our friends, like mobsters everywhere.11:20
* barmintor won't stop *thump thump* believin'
<ajs6f>dannyb++ # for putting his shoulder to the grindstone.
<whikloj>dbernstein: ^^
<ajs6f>Oh, he does the thing where you put the accent on the surname.11:21
Different IRC pronunciations.
* ruebot is still signed into LDPNext slack11:22
<whikloj>there is always a tradeoff11:23
* ruebot notes there has been no conversation there since October 27, 2017
<ajs6f>ruebot has big anime kawai eyes as he wishes for the impossible
<ruebot>ajs6f: that's a fair description of me... i always wish for the impossible11:24
<whikloj>ajs6f: if ruebot did actually have big anime kawai eyes it might the response
<ajs6f>ruebot: and you have eyes the size of teacups, brimming with tears
* whikloj sometimes wish we actually used fcrepo4 in production...sometimes11:25
<ajs6f>escowles++ ruebot++
I have been leaving this to mikeAtUVa because he is out on-the-ground repo manager.11:26
<ruebot>escowles++
escowles++
escowles++
<whikloj>ruebot++
* dbernstein leaves11:28
<ajs6f>We try to avoid putting large quantities of material into our repos. That makes them very lightweight and easy to move.
<barmintor>as do we11:30
<ajs6f>What's better about a special property than the "external body" reidrect thing that tht repo does "natively"?11:31
<escowles>the wiki page is: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA4x/External+Content11:32
<mikeAtUVa>... but once we get the phase 3 objectives, we'll have a way of setting created and modified dates.11:33
<coblej>ajs6f: it may not be ... haven't looked at "external body" redirect but will do so
<ajs6f>coblej: I suspect it is basically an automatic version of what you are doing, but good luck in any event?
<coblej>ajs6f++11:34
<ajs6f>It's inherently difficult because of Fedora's flexibility.11:36
<barmintor>that's like the project's motto
<whikloj>escowles: thanks for chairing
<dhlamb>cya
<ajs6f>escowles++ # chaired the ^&&((^ out of it
<ruebot>escowles: thanks for chairing!11:37
escowles++
* ajs6f leaves
<coblej>escowles++
* zimeon leaves11:43
* ylchen leaves11:46
* coblej leaves11:47
* coblej joins12:19
* peichman leaves12:35
* coblej leaves12:44
* coblej joins12:51
* coblej leaves12:58
* coblej joins13:00
* coblej leaves13:06
* coblej joins13:10
* escowles leaves13:14
* coblej leaves13:21
* coblej joins
* coblej leaves13:57
* kestlund joins
* kestlund1 leaves
* coblej joins13:58
* peichman joins14:07
* coblej leaves14:15
* ajs6f joins14:21
* coblej joins14:22
* coblej leaves14:26
* coblej joins14:27
* coblej leaves14:33
* coblej joins14:34
* coblej leaves14:41
* yinlin joins
* coblej joins
* coblej leaves14:48
* coblej joins14:50
* kat3_drx leaves15:05
* acoburn joins15:20
ajs6f: I tried upgrading fcrepo-camel and fcrepo-camel-toolbox to jena 3.2.0, and all tests passed15:21
<ajs6f>acoburn: Well, you can't win them all.15:22
That just creates more future work to do the upgrade for real.
* yinlin leaves15:41
* ajs6f leaves15:53
* ajs6f joins15:54
* acoburn1 joins15:56
* peichman leaves15:57
* peichman joins
* acoburn leaves
* kestlund leaves15:58
* kestlund joins15:59
* ajs6f leaves16:41
* ajs6f joins16:42
* ajs6f leaves16:43
* mikeAtUVa leaves16:48
* yamil leaves16:49
* kestlund leaves16:52
* kestlund joins16:55
* acoburn1 leaves16:56
* kestlund leaves17:04
* coblej leaves17:05
* peichman leaves17:16
* peichman joins
* peichman leaves17:17
* kefo leaves17:43
* whikloj leaves17:52
* peichman joins19:53
* dwilcox leaves20:53
* peichman leaves21:07
* ruebot leaves22:40
* ruebot joins
* awoods leaves22:47