Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* thomz joins03:43
* ruebot_ leaves07:50
* ruebot joins07:51
* ruebot leaves
* ruebot joins
* coblej joins08:09
* dwilcox joins08:31
* dwilcox leaves08:42
* dwilcox joins
* coblej leaves08:49
* coblej joins08:57
* mikeAtUVa joins09:02
* dhlamb joins09:17
* awoods joins09:21
* peichman joins
* osmandin joins
* bseeger joins09:28
* ajs6f joins09:38
* coblej leaves09:43
* acoburn joins09:59
* ruebot is on the call
* peichman1 joins
* jackhill is too
* coblej joins
* peichman leaves
* ajs6f is on the call10:00
* apb18 joins
<bseeger>* is on the call*
* HackmasterA joins
* barmintor joins
<HackmasterA>Hi is this the back channel for the call today?
I'm lurking it
<barmintor>I hope so, it's why I'm here
<HackmasterA>:)
<acoburn>*is here*10:01
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2017-01-09+Fixity+Service+Special+Topic+meeting10:02
* coblej is here10:03
* ajs6f
* ajs6f is here
<barmintor>cool, cool. good.10:07
ajs6f has offered good use cases about why validity is the wrong concept (and bitwise verification might be, but that we shouldn't call that validation)10:09
but I think we need to reiterate it
"you get a number back" is a key observation
<HackmasterA>are there use cases or are we specifying from thin air?10:14
<ajs6f>HackmasterA: Do you have use cases that you would like to discuss?10:16
<HackmasterA>ajs6f: not at this level; at the level of a hydra UI, yes.10:17
<ajs6f>HacmastA: Okay, but that seems like a matter better raised with Hydra, no?
<HackmasterA>ajs6f: yep.
<ajs6f>There is doubt.10:18
There is uncertainty.
There is ambiguity.
<barmintor>muahahaha10:19
<dhlamb>awoods, and i heard ruebot say it should be stored, as well10:20
<acoburn>ajs6f: RFC 3230
<apb18>http://fedora.info/spec/#bib-RFC3230
<acoburn>https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3230
<ajs6f>That is key.10:21
It's not "is this needed", it's "is it Fedora that must do it."10:22
<dhlamb>ruebot, or letting people re-invent that wheel in response to a repository fixity event
<barmintor>I do think there's something appealing in a combination of Want-Digest + Expect headers in the CRUD spec for LDP-NR
* ruebot agreed
correct10:23
<acoburn>RFC 3230 is all about transmission fixity
<apb18>The RFC only specifically mentions GET, if I remember correctly
<ajs6f>barmintor:ruebot: Agreed, so perhaps we're saying "let's cut this down to transmission, leaving on-demand alone"
<ruebot>ajs6f: yeah.
<barmintor>ajs6f: I *think* that Expect could be used to initiate a check
<dhlamb>btrfs
<barmintor>that's important to me as well as Duke, fwiw10:24
<ruebot>that's important to me as well
<dhlamb>well, RAID 1 and btrfs... or schlep it to AWS
<ruebot>the problem with that, is it is _very_ costly, and that can be done more efficiently somewhere else
<barmintor>ruebot: if costly things are initiated by the client, that's OK with me10:25
<ruebot>barmintor++
<ajs6f>I'm disappointed by how clear and audible barmintor is.
Interaction, not implementation10:26
* bseeger leaves10:29
* dhlamb leaves
* bseeger joins
* dhlamb joins10:30
<barmintor>coblej: that's useful to know, it's very helpful10:33
* osmandin leaves10:37
<ajs6f>Any rags, any bones, any bottles today?10:38
<barmintor>wrap your special topics call in chicken wire
<apb18>Would an integration based fcrepo-camel-* meet that priodic check use case?10:41
<ajs6f>That sounds like a job fo fcrepo-camel
Same thought.
<ruebot>i think it would
<acoburn>something like this: https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/tree/master/fcrepo-fixity
<ruebot>we do that in islandora 1.x now10:42
<barmintor>acoburn++ ding ding
<apb18>yup
<ruebot>...and i think that would be suited very well to camel in fcrepo4
:shipit:
* peichman1 leaves
* peichman joins10:44
<barmintor>I have to run and give the transit authority another crack at ruining my day. awoods let me know if writing a more minimal header-driven draft up would be useful.
<ajs6f>Dabarmintor++
barmintor++10:45
I don't know who this Dabarmintor is.
<barmintor>should at least write up a preamble incorporating this stuff from ajs6f and acoburn about external storage and transparency
<ruebot>barmintor++
* barmintor waves
* barmintor leaves
* whikloj joins
<dhlamb>i'm comfortable with where we've landed10:50
<ruebot>ajs6f++10:51
<ajs6f>Fedora: We don't want to hurt anyone.10:54
<ruebot>awoods++10:56
<HackmasterA>thanks10:57
* acoburn leaves
* HackmasterA leaves
<ajs6f>I have no tasks. That was truly a great meeting.10:58
* kefo joins11:11
* dshalvi joins11:22
* github-ff joins11:36
[fcrepo-java-client] awoods closed pull request #16: Add (master...FCREPO-2031) https://git.io/v6BoG
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins11:38
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client#85 (master - a53b343 : Yinlin Chen): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/compare/ca1ee8ecedcf...a53b34308732
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/builds/190309393
* travis-ci leaves
* coblej leaves12:01
* bseeger leaves12:37
* dhlamb leaves12:47
* bseeger joins12:52
* dhlamb joins12:59
* apb18 leaves13:00
* apb18 joins
* coblej joins13:02
* coblej leaves13:06
* coblej joins13:08
* osmandin joins13:29
* osmandin leaves13:34
* apb18 leaves14:07
* peichman leaves14:50
* peichman joins14:55
* peichman leaves15:00
* dshalvi leaves15:02
* peichman joins15:03
* apb18 joins15:16
* dbernstein joins15:28
* coblej leaves
* coblej joins15:44
* dwilcox leaves15:51
* dbernstein leaves15:52
* dwilcox joins15:57
* ajs6f leaves16:10
* bseeger leaves16:19
* peichman leaves16:22
* peichman joins16:24
* coblej leaves17:03
* peichman leaves17:04
* mikeAtUVa leaves17:13
* apb18 leaves17:52
* whikloj leaves18:05
* kefo leaves18:11
* apb18 joins18:26
* apb18 leaves18:32
* apb18 joins18:37
* apb18 leaves18:50
* apb18 joins18:52
* apb18 leaves19:34
* dhlamb leaves21:20
* dhlamb joins21:32
* dwilcox leaves21:52

Generated by Sualtam