Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ajs6f leaves04:00
* ajs6f joins04:16
* ajs6f leaves04:21
* ajs6f joins04:37
* ajs6f leaves04:42
* ajs6f joins04:58
* ajs6f leaves05:03
* ajs6f joins05:19
* ajs6f leaves05:24
* ajs6f joins05:40
* ajs6f leaves05:45
* ajs6f joins06:01
* ajs6f leaves06:06
* ajs6f joins06:21
* ajs6f leaves06:26
* ajs6f joins06:42
* dwilcox joins06:45
* ajs6f leaves06:47
* manez leaves06:55
* manez joins06:56
* ajs6f joins07:03
* ajs6f leaves07:08
* dhlamb_ joins07:10
* dhlamb leaves07:13
* ajs6f joins07:24
* ajs6f leaves07:29
* ajs6f joins07:45
* ajs6f leaves07:50
* Nev joins08:06
* ajs6f joins
* ajs6f leaves08:10
* f4jenkins leaves08:20
* ajs6f joins08:27
* dhlamb_ leaves08:29
* ajs6f leaves08:32
* dhlamb_ joins08:40
* ajs6f joins08:48
* ajs6f leaves08:52
* peichman joins08:56
* bseeger joins09:03
* ajs6f joins09:11
* dwilcox leaves09:29
* apb18 joins09:56
* ajs6f_ joins09:57
* ajs6f_ leaves09:58
* dwilcox joins10:01
<apb18>say awoods: Would you happen to know how to configure Jira send notifications on activity to arbitrary FCREPO tickets?10:40
<awoods>apb18: hello. You want to get notifications on specific, individual tickets?10:41
<apb18>awoods: No, I'd like notification on all activity on any ticket, so I don't miss things10:42
e.g. if somebody creates a ticket, a notification would be generated
<awoods>apb18: yes, let me check the settings. I was assuming all fcrepo-committers were getting such notifications.10:43
* ruebot doesn't get them
only on tickets i'm involved in
<awoods>ruebot/apb18: thanks, I just changed the settings to include fcrepo-committers on all Fedora JIRA updates... please let me know if you are or are not seeing these emails over the next few days.10:46
<apb18>awoods: Thanks!10:47
<awoods>apb18: thanks for raising it10:48
<ruebot>awoods++
* github-ff joins10:56
[fcrepo-webapp-plus] awoods pushed 1 new commit to 4.7.1-RC: https://git.io/vMGZb
fcrepo-webapp-plus/4.7.1-RC ed49aa6 B. Seeger: remove profile for fcrepo-connector-file, which is unmaintained (#53)...
* github-ff leaves
* mikeAtUVa joins10:57
<awoods>apb18/ruebot: did you just get a notification for fcrepo-2371?10:58
<ruebot>awoods: yep
<awoods>ruebot: great
<ruebot>awoods: i got two
* ruebot is on the calll10:59
<awoods>ruebot: over-achiever
<apb18>awoods: Yaaaay
<awoods>apb18: good
* ajs6f is here11:00
<ajwagner>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2017-01-05+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting
* apb18 on call, muted; noisy background11:01
* ajwagner is now here
<dwilcox>I'm here as well
<bseeger>*is here*
* kefo joins11:02
* dhlamb is here
* travis-ci joins
* ylchen joins
<travis-ci>fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus#186 (4.7.1-RC - ed49aa6 : B. Seeger): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/compare/4e0b149be664...ed49aa617401
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/builds/189227851
* travis-ci leaves
* escowles joins11:03
* coblej joins11:04
* dbernstein joins11:05
* barmintor_meetin joins11:08
hello and good morning
* Nev leaves11:11
<ajs6f>This project has nothing like the resourcing that such a plan would require.
* ruebot got kicked off the call11:13
* ruebot back
<escowles>ruebot: i think you only missed a few words about having a wiki page with basic info on releases that are planned11:14
<ruebot>escowles++
that's the one that came up at penn state import/export sprint11:15
somebody have that link handy? ...to the prefix wiki page?11:18
<escowles>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2376
<ajwagner>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA47/Best+Practices+-+RDF+Namespaces
<ajs6f>The spec is silent on prefix management and I can't imagine that will change.11:19
<apb18>ajs6f++
escowles: Is this the one?: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-237511:21
<escowles>apb18: yep
<apb18>404 would seem to be the most intuitive to me - there's no resource at the URI.11:22
.. but in any case, not blocker for point release
* kestlund joins11:25
<apb18>Is anybody hearing voice on the call, or did I silently drop off?11:34
<awoods>apb18: you must have dropped
<apb18>ah
thanks
<ruebot>https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/releases/tag/fcrepo-import-export-0.1.011:37
* dhlamb leaves
<ruebot>awoods++11:38
<bseeger>awoods: you summed that up really well.11:40
ruebot++11:41
<barmintor>ruebot's question doesn't seem like it's going to be answered on a call, but it's definitely important11:43
<ajs6f>Lots of talk about perf, but very few parties have put forward concrete requirements.11:44
eddies complained (rightly) about this same issue frequently.
<ruebot>ajs6f++
<escowles>and i think the recent work on refactoring the identifier translation and using mode's lucene cache to improve performance is a good example: lots of people were interested, several did some good work, but it hasn't been brought to any real conclusion
<barmintor>ajs6f++, but also: things are difficult when we get to the MODE wall. And escowles++, we never even got to a conclusion about mysql on unix sockets (for example)11:45
<escowles>ajs6f: yep, totally agree — though i expect many have the same situation i have: my hard requirements are met, but i'd really like it to be much faster11:46
<ajs6f>barmintor: Right, but (channels eddies) resourcing requires an actionable goal, which normally means numbers. How much faster? How many bits per second through what operation path?11:48
<ruebot>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Performance+and+Scalability+Test+Plans
* dhlamb joins11:49
<ajs6f>The best use case we ever got was from Frank Asseg. He had numbers, tests, he gave us solid feedback.
<barmintor>ajs6f: yeah. Only wanted to add that Princeton worked towards some requirements there, but we reached an impasse with an underlying library.
<ajs6f>He wasn't satisfied, but at least the interaction was concrete.
<ruebot>awoods++11:50
<ajs6f>barmintor: Maybe what ruebot is asking (partly) is "why didn't those requirements get further?"
* barmintor nods
<ajs6f>How did that feed into the perf group?
<barmintor>it was the root of the "Real World Performance" thread
<ajs6f>barmintor: Well, that was useful, certainly.11:51
<ruebot>groups goals were to identify benchmarks, and test various releases to identify possible performance issues, and then we would put resources there
<ajs6f>barmintor: but it brings us back to escowles point above about the outcome-less-ness of that effort.
<barmintor>ajs6f: indeed11:52
<escowles>i think part of the problem is that it takes a rare confluence of developer resources and an institution with real-world performance issues they are working through — and even then, there's no guarantee that it will yield concrete results
<ajs6f>escowles++
* kestlund leaves
<ruebot>ylchen++
<ylchen>:-)11:53
<ajs6f>I do not understand that to be the case, but I may be wrong.
I understood acoburn to have let that go for good.
I want to tell those people: https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8ekUBZrQdcs/VfE_u-JR9mI/AAAAAAAAA3o/HzKgrYFAxwA/s640/Value-www-scarfolk-blogspot-com.jpg11:54
<ruebot>escowles++11:55
<ajs6f>It _is_ too bad. It is also symptomatic.11:56
<barmintor>awoods: we also had a case in which two changes, both useful, touched 2/3 of the codebase11:57
* ruebot needs to drop in a moment for the PCDM call
<barmintor>awoods: and we had to pick one, and relegate the other to "you're probably doing it over"
<ruebot>can somebody pick up notes?
<ajs6f>3 minutes left on this call.
<ruebot>happy new year :-)11:58
* ylchen leaves
<apb18>ruebot++11:59
* ylchen joins12:01
* ylchen leaves12:05
<ruebot>awoods: draft of the notes are up. went down hill after i had to talk a lot12:10
<awoods>ruebot: thanks
* coblej leaves12:11
* bseeger leaves12:27
* ylchen joins12:29
* ylchen leaves12:33
* coblej joins12:34
* coblej leaves12:38
* coblej joins12:40
* bseeger joins12:52
* dwilcox leaves13:05
* escowles_ joins13:18
* escowles leaves13:22
* jgpawletko joins13:25
* ylchen joins13:42
* ylchen leaves13:43
* jgpawletko leaves13:46
* dwilcox joins13:54
* osmandin joins14:01
* bseeger1 joins
* bseeger leaves14:03
<ruebot>awoods, bseeger: https://github.com/Islandora-CLAW/CLAW/issues/47714:28
<awoods>thanks, ruebot14:29
* bseeger1 leaves15:03
* bseeger joins15:05
* dhlamb leaves15:13
* dhlamb joins15:25
* bseeger leaves15:40
* coblej leaves15:49
* coblej joins15:50
* escowles_ leaves15:58
* escowles joins
* barmintor leaves16:35
* ajs6f leaves16:44
* osmandin leaves16:50
* coblej leaves16:56
* mikeAtUVa leaves17:02
* apb18 leaves17:17
* peichman leaves17:20
* apb18 joins17:27
* dhlamb leaves17:47
* apb18 leaves19:16
* kefo leaves19:39
* github-ff joins20:01
[fcrepo4] escowles created test-ns (+1 new commit): https://git.io/vMZ2w
fcrepo4/test-ns 1038cdb Esmé Cowles: Restoring test namespace
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins20:06
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #1153: Restoring test namespace (4.7.1-RC...test-ns) https://git.io/vMZ2j
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins20:08
[fcrepo4] escowles closed pull request #1152: Add a patch to the RDF output framework to serialize RDF with their S… (4.7.1-RC...fcrepo-2374-rc4.7.1) https://git.io/vMscL
* github-ff leaves
* cbeer_ leaves20:14
* jackhill leaves
* jackhill joins
* cbeer joins
* escowles_ joins20:16
* travis-ci joins20:17
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4883 (test-ns - 1038cdb : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/1038cdb001ec
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/189376806
* travis-ci leaves
* escowles leaves20:20
* peichman joins20:27
* dwilcox leaves20:28
* peichman leaves20:29
* peichman joins20:30
* peichman leaves20:47
* jjtuttle leaves21:27
* peichman joins21:29
* jjtuttle joins21:30
* peichman1 joins21:37
* peichman leaves21:38
* peichman joins21:46
* peichman1 leaves21:49
* peichman leaves21:55
* peichman joins22:06
* peichman leaves22:07
* peichman joins22:08
* peichman leaves22:10
* jackhill leaves23:24
* jackhill joins23:30

Generated by Sualtam