Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dbernstein leaves01:47
* github-ff joins06:19
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles force-pushed roundtrip from 0ef5b60 to 37144a5: https://git.io/v10Ip
fcrepo-import-export/roundtrip 37144a5 Esmé Cowles: Updating file to URI mapping to map from source to resource paths.
* github-ff leaves
* coblej joins07:54
* dwilcox joins08:06
* github-ff joins08:12
[fcrepo-import-export] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/v1uUq
fcrepo-import-export/master dd788b0 dbernstein: Rips out the --binDir and --descDir and replaces them with --dir and … (#50)...
* github-ff leaves
* justinsimpson joins08:25
* awead joins08:38
* awead leaves08:44
* mikeAtUVa joins
* awead joins08:45
[Import/Export Standup]08:48
Finished yesterday:
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2240
Working on today:
Nothing. Tag me as a reviewer on anything you need.
Blockers:
I'll be offline for a little while today.
<ruebot>[Import/Export Standup]08:50
Finished yesterday:
- Test, merged https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/47
- Tested, merged https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/50
- Moved https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2237 to phase 3
- Testing, reviewing https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/48
- Testing, reviewing https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/49
Working on today:
- Testing, reviewing https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/4808:51
- Testing, reviewing https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/49
- Sprint check-in call
- Dive-in to https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export-verify
Blockers:
- Nothing
<justinsimpson>[Import/Export Standup]08:57
Finished yesterday:
-installed local vagrant box with FC 4.7.0
-reviewed docs and jira tickets on bag profiles
Working on today:
-updating docs in confluence to reflect changes in https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2226
-starting on bag profile for Archivematica08:58
Blockers:
-I will miss the first half or 3/4 of the check-in call today, possibly the whole thing. I will ping ruebot after for a link to notes
* bseeger joins09:06
* coblej leaves09:10
<escowles>[Import/Export Standup]09:12
- yesterday: finished FCREPO-2240 (skipping Pairtree resources) and worked on FCREPO-2328 (importing into subpath)09:13
* kestlund joins09:14
<escowles>- today: working on FCREPO-2192 (adding more rigorous integration tests)
- blockers: none, but leaving early to take my daughter to the orthodontist
<ruebot>escowles: got a few minutes to chat about https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/48 ?09:17
* coblej joins
<escowles>ruebot: sure09:18
hangout/teleconf?
* kestlund1 joins09:19
<ruebot>escowles: oh, here is fine :-)
<escowles>oh, ok then
i want to do some testing to see if there's a real use case for different paths — it's mostly that i wanted to have an IT export from one path and import into another
<ruebot>escowles: to test it, should i be importing into and empty, exisiting container other than the "root"? because, that's not working on my end.09:20
* acoburn joins
<escowles>ruebot: it's supposed to work like that — you can import into the same path, or a different one, and it should map the resources
the IT exports from one path and then imports into a different (existing, empty) path09:21
<ruebot>escowles: hrm... $ java -jar target/fcrepo-import-export-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar --mode import --resource http://localhost:8080/rest/tacobell --descDir /home/nruest/tmp/import-export-sprint-03/test/hydra --binDir /home/nruest/tmp/import-export-sprint-03/test/hydra
escowles: should that work?
<escowles>yes, it should (if exported from /rest/tacobell)
* kestlund leaves09:22
<ruebot>escowles: ah, ok. it was exported from /rest -- so, that's why it isn't importing
<escowles>right, you need to add --source http://localhost:8080/rest to make it work09:23
<ruebot>escowles++
escowles: right! :-)
escowles: ok, cool that works now.09:24
<escowles>excellent
i want to do some testing re: awoods' comment about whether we need the feature or not
<ruebot>escowles: heh, that's where i was going to go next.09:25
<escowles>i think it might be needed to handle changing the baseurl other than the port (e.g. http://localhost:8080/rest to http://localhost/fcrepo/rest)
i know it's needed to change from /rest/foo/ to /rest/bar/, which is something hydra repos might want to do
e.g., you ingest in staging, which uses /rest/staging as the root, and want to import into prod which uses /rest/prod/09:26
<ruebot>yeah, i was just going to say /rest/dev/ /rest/prod/ is a use case from your perspective, right?
<escowles>yes, it's not the mostly likely one, but i don't see why it shouldn't work if the other path stuff works
i expected it to work when i was trying to write an IT to test metadata/links/containers/etc.09:27
<pketienne>[Import/Export Standup]
Finished Yesterday:
- Completed a few attempts at export of PSU production data.
- Resolved HTTP 500 errors (halted export process) arising from some records' bad content.
Working on Today:
- Complete final export of full PSU production data.
- Begin https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2190 utilizing PSU prod export & PSU prod repo.
Blockers:
- None
<bseeger>ruebot: for the import / export - are there no longer going to be separate directories for binaries and descriptions? Ie, it will end up in one dir and the '—binaries' flag will indicate whether or not binaries are being exported as well?09:30
* apb18 joins
<bseeger>ruebot: mostly just checking to see that I understand the change (which I think I do after looking at the PR)09:31
<ruebot>bseeger: yep! i merged https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/50 earlier this morning09:32
bseeger: are you following along here? https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-219009:43
<bseeger>ruebot: yeah, I've been keeping an eye on that.09:44
<ruebot>bseeger: cool09:48
<bseeger>ruebot: I was wondering if we wanted to retire that issue and start new ones as changes happen. I'm not sure what conversations have been happening around this though. Do people want to keep it an open issue until everything stablizes a bit more?
<ruebot>bseeger: yeeeeeeeah. that issue is pretty open-ended. i agree that it should probably be closed and we should have much more focused tickets moving forward for validation.09:49
bseeger: i know you're not on the sprint, but we might have a conversation about it at noon, on the sprint check-in call.09:50
bseeger: if you can make it, and have the time, it'd be good to have you there.
bseeger: ...and is further context this PR https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export-verify/pull/7 ?09:53
<awoods>dbernstein: if you are working on the following ticket, please click the button in JIRA: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-229609:56
* kestlund1 leaves09:57
* kestlund joins10:00
* ajs6f joins10:03
<bseeger>ruebot: I can call in. The info on this page the relevant info? https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-12+Import+-+Export+Sprint+03+Meetings10:04
ruebot: noon EST?10:05
* peichman joins
<ruebot>bseeger: yep, yep, and great!
* justinsimpson leaves
* coblej leaves10:14
* coblej joins10:33
* kestlund leaves10:35
* kestlund joins10:38
* whikloj joins10:43
* kestlund leaves
* kestlund joins10:45
* kestlund1 joins10:54
<awead>ruebot: I won't be able to make the check-in call today10:55
* acoburn leaves
<ruebot>awead: :-( -- anything you want to make sure gets addressed from your perspective?10:56
* kestlund leaves
* dhlamb joins10:58
* apb18 leaves11:01
* acoburn joins11:02
<ruebot>awoods/dwilcox: is there an agenda for this call?11:03
<awoods>ruebot: I did not create one
* Greg__ joins
here
<acoburn>*is here*11:04
<Greg__>excellent11:05
<ruebot>https://github.com/fcrepo/fcrepo-specification11:08
<ajs6f>awoods: I think you contextualized the heck out of it.
<ruebot>awoods++11:09
* apb18 joins11:15
<ruebot>Greg__: is there a github repo?11:19
<acoburn>ruebot: https://github.com/UMD-DRASTIC11:20
<ruebot>acoburn++
* bseeger leaves11:22
<ajs6f>Greg__: have you looked at / tinkered with https://github.com/cumulusrdf/cumulusrdf ?11:25
* bseeger joins11:27
<ruebot>Greg__: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export
* bseeger leaves11:29
* github-ff joins11:38
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] acoburn opened pull request #118: Remove dependency on JMS-based headers (master...fcrepo-2333) https://git.io/v1uwU
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins11:40
[fcrepo-camel-tests] acoburn opened pull request #16: Remove JMS header dependencies (master...fcrepo-2333) https://git.io/v1uwz
* github-ff leaves
* coblej leaves11:46
<ruebot>ajs6f++11:49
* dbernstein joins11:51
<ruebot>Affero11:52
<ajs6f>Al fresco
Code in the open air
Can't apply, but could threaten to apply.11:56
Time for Drastic action11:57
* bseeger joins11:58
<ruebot>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-12+Import+-+Export+Sprint+03+Meetings12:00
pketienne: are you able to join us?12:03
<whikloj>dbernstein: zorton
<ruebot>dbernstein: http://zortonandthecannibals.bandcamp.com/
<bseeger>repositories and cannibals.
<whikloj>bseeger++
WHERE IS EVERYONE?!12:04
ruebot: I can
<ruebot>https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/4812:05
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2328
<Greg__>Sorry, joined then ignored this channel. Had to step away to ensure phone reception..12:07
I have seen cumulusrdf but never tried it.
<awoods>thanks for the call, Greg__
<Greg__>Affero, yes
* pketienne leaves12:08
<Greg__>:-) Drastic measures
Thank you. The possibilities are intriguing
* ajs6f leaves12:11
<Greg__>ajs6f, I wonder if cumulusrdf could offer a parallel metadata store to the key/value and handle that part of the LDP. Fedora API could unite the two of them..12:12
* apb18 leaves12:13
<ruebot>escowles++12:17
<whikloj>escowles++
<bseeger>escowles++
<ruebot>https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export-verify/pull/712:20
<awoods>bseeger: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-219012:23
bseeger: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2284
<ruebot>bseeger++12:25
<awoods>https://jira.duraspace.org/issues/?filter=1380112:26
<bseeger>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-232912:27
* Informatician joins12:28
* ruebot works for me12:29
<whikloj>bseeger: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2190 ??12:30
<awoods>bseeger: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2322 ?
<bseeger>awoods: yes that one ^^12:31
awoods: thanks for adding label12:32
<awoods>sure
* Greg__ leaves12:34
<whikloj>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-219012:41
* coblej joins12:44
<ruebot>https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/49
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-216912:45
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2170
<escowles>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2237
<ruebot>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2237
* peichman leaves12:58
<bseeger>Need to add another category to the sprint page under "Sprinters": "Lurkers" Or something like that to include me under. ;)12:59
* Informatician leaves13:03
* kestlund joins13:08
* kestlund1 leaves13:12
* github-ff joins13:19
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles force-pushed roundtrip from 37144a5 to 7379f77: https://git.io/v10Ip
fcrepo-import-export/roundtrip 198d678 Esmé Cowles: Updating file to URI mapping to map from source to resource paths.
fcrepo-import-export/roundtrip 7379f77 Esmé Cowles: Rough draft of translating URIs based on finding the shared trailing path, ITs do not pass
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>bseeger: ping13:22
<bseeger>awoods: here
* th5 joins13:23
<awoods>bseeger: regarding 4.7.1-RC...13:25
bseeger: I am about to push the squashed version of the blocking issue: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-232313:26
bseeger: then we should be in a position to start creating RC artifacts...
bseeger: however, as mentioned, I need to step away...
bseeger: so I would like to coordinate the best way for us to move the RC forward today.13:27
<bseeger>awoods: I have a meeting from 1:30 - 2pm and then am free. Can we touch base then or are you stepping away before then?
<awoods>bseeger: are you available for a quick chat? or should we just circle up this evening?
bseeger: I am leaving now.
bseeger: I will ping you when I return13:28
bseeger: what time will you be signing off today?
<bseeger>awoods: I could do a quick chat now. I will probably sign off at 5pm today.13:29
<awoods>bseeger: ok: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/c1glu6soq43r1rr6ou17qtobug8
* coblej leaves13:44
* coblej joins
* coblej leaves13:47
* kestlund1 joins13:52
* kestlund leaves13:54
* coblej joins13:58
* mikeAtUVa leaves14:00
* bseeger leaves14:19
* bseeger joins14:22
* bseeger leaves14:23
* ajs6f joins14:27
* kestlund1 leaves14:38
* kestlund joins14:42
* peichman joins14:49
* dbernstein leaves14:58
* dbernstein joins14:59
* bseeger joins15:13
* kestlund1 joins15:56
* kestlund leaves15:59
<ajs6f>acoburn: modulo cross-resource functions, you could translate CDMI <=> Fedora with just Camel16:24
<acoburn>cdmi?16:25
<ajs6f>drastic's api
<acoburn>ahh, yes16:26
though there might be some network overhead for things like indirect containers
<ajs6f>yeah. I'm calling that cross-resource
anyway, it seems plausible16:27
<acoburn>got it. yes definitely plausible
I like the idea of inserting a middleware layer to bridge the differences
<ajs6f>maybe even impenitent
<acoburn>definitely impenitent
<ajs6f>I think middleware is a cheap way to experiement
bseeger: The codename for your 4.7.1 release is "Impenitent".16:35
* ajs6f leaves16:36
* dwilcox leaves16:37
<bseeger>ajs6f: I'll take that into imminent consideration.16:39
<impenitent>imminent!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<bseeger>I totally can't wait to read those specs again.16:40
* ruebot is feeling pretty impenitent about the typo16:41
* kefo joins16:46
* kestlund1 leaves16:51
<ruebot>bseeger: should the validation utility work if there are not binaries declared in the config?16:53
<bseeger>ruebot: honestly, I don't know16:55
<ruebot>bseeger: heh. well, at least i'm not alone.
<bseeger>ruebot; :)16:56
* acoburn leaves
* th5 leaves16:59
* bseeger leaves17:07
* coblej leaves17:08
* github-ff joins17:13
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles created integration-tests (+2 new commits): https://git.io/v1zKA
fcrepo-import-export/integration-tests 28942e4 Esmé Cowles: Adding metadata ITs
fcrepo-import-export/integration-tests aeae2fb Esmé Cowles: Adding ITs for Direct and Indirect Containers
* github-ff leaves
<escowles>ok, that's a good start on new integration tests (metadata and direct/indirect containers) — tomorrow am i'll tackle binaries and verifying files on disk are what we expect17:15
<ruebot>escowles++17:22
escowles: if you want some comedy, i think josh make an inception code review on github. it's like there is a code review inside a code review inside a code review. it's pretty magical :-)17:23
jwestgard++
<escowles>ruebot: nah, man — it's all about westworld now — i want a code review that kills the PR all by itself17:26
;-)
<ruebot>escowles++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++17:31
escowles: i finished that last episode last night. WOW.
<escowles>ruebot: yep, we're rewatching them all and there's a ton of stuff we missed the first time through17:33
<ruebot>escowles: yeah. i want to do the same, and watch closely for the weird little video glitches when they're in the "real" world
<escowles>ruebot++ # i want to read all the conspiracy theories and watch it a third time...17:35
<ruebot>escowles++17:37
escowles: bernard is mr. robot17:38
* dwilcox joins17:47
* peichman leaves17:56
* dhlamb leaves17:57
* kefo leaves18:19
* whikloj_AFK leaves18:23
* whikloj_AFK joins18:24
* whikloj_AFK leaves18:28
* whikloj_AFK joins19:15
* github-ff joins19:32
[fcrepo4] whikloj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://git.io/v1zhe
fcrepo4/master 504c1f1 Andrew Woods: Recursively remove inbound references to child of deleted containers...
fcrepo4/master 4b08134 Andrew Woods: Ignore non-existent referents...
fcrepo4/master add5a4d Jared Whiklo: Merge pull request #1147 from awoods/fcrepo-2323...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins19:46
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4866 (master - add5a4d : Jared Whiklo): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/4822c54bd5ce...add5a4d69643
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/182143277
* travis-ci leaves
* awead leaves20:14
* awead joins20:45
* dwilcox leaves20:58
* dwilcox joins21:15
* dwilcox leaves21:16
* dwilcox joins
* dwilcox leaves21:17
* dwilcox joins
* dwilcox leaves
* github-ff joins21:48
[fcrepo-import-export] whikloj pushed 1 new commit to fcrepo-2169: https://git.io/v1gqu
fcrepo-import-export/fcrepo-2169 f06fa21 Jared Whiklo: Clean up messages, remove failure counter.
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins21:55
[fcrepo-import-export] whikloj pushed 1 new commit to fcrepo-2169: https://git.io/v1gq7
fcrepo-import-export/fcrepo-2169 af31a6c Jared Whiklo: Revert changes to ArgParser
* github-ff leaves
* dbernstein leaves22:00
* whikloj_AFK leaves22:30
* awead leaves23:10
* willtp87 leaves23:34