Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* jonathangee_ leaves05:49
* jonathangee joins05:51
* dwilcox joins07:38
* pketienne leaves08:20
* justinsimpson joins08:22
* awead joins08:29
* dhlamb joins08:36
* kestlund joins08:40
<justinsimpson>[Import/Export Standup]08:41
Finished yesterday:
- attended first sprint
- reviewed documentation for https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-214508:42
Working on today:
- review Jira tickets related to Bag Profiles
- reinstalling vagrant vm with latest code
Blockers:
- I will be on irc only sporadically due to meetings today
<awead>[Import/Export Standup]08:46
Finished yesterday:
Approval of PR to add Hydra/Sufia dataset for testing
Working on today:
Testing 2240 (Pair-trees)
Blockers:
none
* acoburn joins08:54
* pketienne joins08:57
* apb18 joins09:02
<escowles_>[Import/Export Standup]09:14
Yesterday: FCREPO-2240 Pairtrees should be Pairtrees
Today: Responding to testing, then FCREPO-2192 Adding more extensive integration tests09:15
Blockers: None
<awead>escowles: ping09:17
<escowles>awead: pong
<awead>I'm testing the pair trees PR using the hydra dataset, but can't remember how to import....09:18
<escowles>it's a backup made with fcr:backup, right?
<awead>ah, that's right.
<escowles>then you can load it with: curl -X POST -d /path/to/backup/dir http://localhost:8080/rest/fcr:restore
* bseeger joins09:40
* whikloj joins09:45
[Import/Export Standup]09:46
Finished yesterday:
nothing
Working on today:09:47
FCREPO-2169 and FCREPO-2170
Blockers:
none
* westgard joins09:48
<pketienne>[Import/Export Standup]09:51
Finished yesterday:
- Investigated PSU infrastructure for backup.
- Ran backup of Fedora 4.0 data off staging environment.
Working on Today:
- Continue setting up full PSU export (https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2326)
- Attempt verification on PSU export (https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2190)
Blockers:
- None
<awoods>bseeger: good morning09:58
pketienne: I gather the PSU backup worked fine?09:59
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles pushed 1 new commit to skip-pairtrees: https://git.io/v1RRI
fcrepo-import-export/skip-pairtrees a4c9cd3 Esmé Cowles: Addressing review comments
* github-ff leaves
<pketienne>The backup did seem to go smoothly. The resulting files/directories looked as expected. Didn't try to restore it anywhere due to size, but it looked good.10:01
<bseeger>awoods: good morning
<awoods>pketienne: a restore into a 4.7.0 repo would be valuable. What size are you talking about?10:02
bseeger: Are you interested in a 4.7.1-RC?
<bseeger>awoods: helping to produce it? Yes10:03
<westgard>[Import/Export Standup]
Finished yesterday:
Reviewing PR (https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export-verify/pull/7) for https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2284
Created ticket for verification tool to handle ".external" resources (https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2327)
Looked at https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2322 and started thinking about what to do there.
Working on today:
We involved in a search committee campus visit today, so time will be limited. Will try to sort out above PR today.
Blockers:
Question around two features of the verification tool (logging and verbose mode) and their relation to the above PR. We just need to decide what our goals for those features are and then merge or update the PR accordingly.Y
<pketienne>awoods: It's approx 220GB. Was thinking about possible methods to do a restore with that set, but not sure I have a feasible setup for it at the moment.10:04
awoods: planned to move on to export and get the export verification testing done, then come back to backup/restore testing.10:05
<awoods>westgard: do you have a proposal for the logging approach?10:06
bseeger: great. There is one patch that needs to be reviewed and merged before we start generating the RC.
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-232310:07
whikloj: would you have a moment to move the above PR/ticket forward? ^^
pketienne: sounds good. Will you be exporting from your production system? or a test mirror?10:09
<bseeger>jwestgard, awoods: in regards to logging: I, as a user, would like to have a mode where I can just see just the warnings/errors and a mode where I can see output information on each record. However, I'm not sure the later is necessary, since there is the csv file. If we decide we don't want to see logging information about each record, then this logging conundrum goes away.
<pketienne>awoods: I'll be exporting from our staging environment, which I understand to be a mirror of our production data. Should give us a very real world set of data for testing.10:11
* justinsimpson leaves10:12
<awoods>bseeger/jwestgard: In a similar fashion to the approach in the import-export tool, having two logs for two distinct purposes makes sense: one for a user to debug and monitor the verification process, the other to act as an "audit log".10:13
pketienne: I am glad to know you are working off of a mirror10:14
pketienne: I assume your staging environment is not large enough to support another 4.7.0-repo for /fcr:restore of you backup?
* peichman joins10:18
<pketienne>awoods: I don't believe size would be a blocker, however it may be more feasible at the moment to test a /fcr:restore of the backup on my local machine rather than through our vm hosting infrastructure. I'd have to finagle sometime to get the local disk space I'd need to explore that option.10:20
* apb18 leaves
<bseeger>awoods, westgard: so the csv file, in this case, could count as the audit log.
<awoods>bseeger: that is my understanding10:21
* acoburn1 joins10:28
<awoods>pketienne: I am sure you will work it out... once you get to it.10:30
* acoburn leaves
* acoburn1 leaves
* acoburn joins10:31
* youn joins
<pketienne>awoods: I'm confident I'll be able to. If nothing else, just a launching a local VM using an external drive would allow a path to test the fcr:restore. I'll pick that back up though once I have https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2190 out of the way. Setting up for an export of the same dataset now. Should have news on that front later today.10:36
<awoods>pketienne++
<whikloj>awoods: You've had some discussion regarding the PR, is there work to be done or should I just test it as is?10:37
<awoods>whikloj: reviewing and testing would be great. Thanks.10:38
* youn leaves10:55
* kestlund leaves10:58
* kestlund joins11:02
<westgard>awoods: sorry I was away from my desk11:06
awoods bseeger: my thinking on the logging vs. verbose is mainly that interface-wise it is a little weird to blend the two together. That is, it seems like one should be able to control what the logger is doing using a single flag rather than the combination of two.11:09
Also, I may be an oddball here, but I always like to have the option to see lots of what the tool is doing on screen. This was the main motivation behind the original verbose option.11:10
As for a resolution, I did think that perhaps "DEBUG" could serve as the more verbose logger option.11:11
That would leave '-v/--verbose' for controlling how much feedback appears on screen.11:12
The reservation I had about that is I wasn't sure that DEBUG mode is what bseeger was going for with the more verbose logger option.11:13
That is, would calling that DEBUG be a misnomer.
Unfortuantely I'm not sure the python logging module has any other options. The one thing that looks like it might work is something called filters, but that would require some more investigation.11:14
* kefo joins11:21
<westgard>awoods, beseeger: Catching up on the discussion now, I do think the two distinct logs approach would make sense. One multi-level log strictly for debugging, and a second log in the form of the CSV file that records the output of the verification. This would allow us to leave --verbose as a switch for those who like to see lots of stuff on screen (unless that's not something other folks besides myself would11:22
want? -- I do think if we are asking non-developers to run exports and verify them then there may be use cases for a verbose option.
<awoods>westgard/bseeger: I believe we are on the same page, no?11:23
<bseeger>awoods, westgard: does this mean that the verbose would include info (to the screen) about each record?11:24
<awoods>bseeger: Likely, it seems like that is helpful from a debug perspective... but that "info" would not be the same as what is in the CSV.11:25
<westgard>bseeger: That's what the current version does.11:26
https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export-verify/blob/master/verify.py#L359-L36711:27
<bseeger>westgard, awoods: :) was just trying to link to that. So, take my logger.info and change it back to print, in that case.
westgard, awoods: I think we're all on the same page. I'll update my PR and we can go from there, if that sounds alright.11:28
<awoods>bseeger++
<westgard>Well, I was thinking just move a copy of it outside the "if verbose" conditional. Then you'd have both.11:29
Oh sorry I just don't type fast enough. bseeger++
<bseeger>westgard, awoods: just want to run this past you to make sure I get it. The tool would have the option for a csv file, option for a multilevel log file for debug, and option for verbose output to the screen. Do I have that correct? Should the csv file and the multilevel file be options or always exist?11:32
* awoods on a call11:33
* ruebot reads a lot of upscroll11:34
escowles: i'm around now for the rest of the name. if you want to chat here or use voice for skip-pairtrees, let me know.11:36
<westgard>bseeger: yes, I agree with the way you have indicated: three options. As to which ones are automatic, right now the csv is optional but I don't feel strongly that it should be one way or the other. The logger would seem to make sense as an automatic thing, with a default level if you don't set the flag.11:38
<escowles>ruebot: i think it's ready to go — we were making all of the parents of resources that a given resource links to — i updated that to only create them if they're not pairtrees
so i think you can re-test and it'll be fine now
<ruebot>escowles: oh, i just tested again and left a comment
escowles: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/47#issuecomment-26519859911:39
<escowles>ruebot: oh, sorry — i hadn't seen that yet
<ruebot>escowles: no worries!
awoods, bseeger: question - the release, you two got it? i'm off the hook for week of the 19th?11:40
awead++11:44
* kestlund leaves11:45
<awead>escowles: yeah, it's looking good to me.
<ruebot>awead, escowles: this might be a ruebot facepalm situation; i did a git fetch --all and mvn clean install. forgot to do git pull origin skip-pairtrees11:46
ruebot--
* ruebot testing again
<awead>it happens.11:47
<ruebot>awead++11:48
<escowles>yup — there are days when git feels like spreading butter with a chainsaw11:49
<ruebot>escowles: testing lubm now, and if we're good to go there, i can merge. unless awoods or whikloj have code review concerns.11:50
* awoods on a call - but feel free to move things forward
<ruebot>awoods++11:51
<whikloj>ruebot: don't wait on me, I'm still getting my feet wet here.
<ruebot>whikloj++
escowles: squash and merge, or merge commit?
* ruebot didn't forget :-)11:52
<escowles>ruebot++
go ahead and squash it — i'll delete my branch
<ruebot>escowles++
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-import-export] ruebot closed pull request #47: Skipping Pairtree resources (master...skip-pairtrees) https://git.io/v14Wp
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-import-export] ruebot deleted skip-pairtrees at a4c9cd3: https://git.io/v1RDB
* github-ff leaves
<escowles>ok, i'm going to get some lunch and then see if i can work though all the mapping ramifications to get fcrepo-2328 fixed11:53
<ruebot>awead: is your avatar in jira "the dude"?
<awead>yes11:54
<ruebot>awead++
<awead>I was going to use a real picture, but that popped up when I went to upload an image.
I made a slack emoji of it
<ruebot>awead: excellent!11:55
* justinsimpson joins11:58
<ajs6f>whikloj: I'm leaving the fixity < describedBy thing out for now, because I'm scared of how violently you might react.12:20
<whikloj>ajs6f: good call, you never know what I might say
<ajs6f>I'm more worried about the possibility of physical violence.12:21
<whikloj>ajs6f: You're safe, I'm snowed in today.12:23
* ajs6f breaths out12:24
https://fcrepo.github.io/fcrepo-specification/#binary-fixity
<whikloj>ajs6f: "_Fixty_ results are taken for the purpose..."12:25
<ajs6f>whikloj: thanks12:26
<ajwagner>ajs6f++12:27
<ajs6f>whikloj: fixed.
<whikloj>ajs6f: np, is the "Xverifies" a placeholder or is that a real Link relation?12:28
<ajs6f>See that's why I'm scared of him. NOTHING gets past him.
<whikloj>ajs6f++
<ajs6f>whikloj: That's what ruebot and barmintor cameup with, and I think that's because there wasn't anything obvious.
<whikloj>ajs6f: ok cool
<ajs6f>in short, a placeholder, bt there may not be a good choice for us.
we may have to roll our own.
<whikloj>ajs6f: looks fine to me12:29
<ajs6f>WRONG12:30
"if the original LDPNR is deleted, the the associated LDPR for fixty MUST also be deleted. "
If should be capitalized, and fixity is misspelled again.
<whikloj>ajs6f: Argh
<ajs6f>AND the first "the" should be "then".12:31
This is a comedy of errors.
<ajwagner>Should we define LDPNR?12:32
<whikloj>section 3.3.2: "A server must repond to any request to an LDPNR", probably "a" instead of "an"
<ruebot>ajs6f: i like what you've done with the place :-)12:33
ajs6f++
* dbernstein joins
<ruebot>ajs6f: appreciate you moving it from the google doc there. looking a lot better :-)12:34
<ajs6f>Yeah, beer bottles everywhere, a sink piled with dirty plates, is that a goat in the backyard?
Classy.
<ruebot>ajs6f: the grass is greener where the goat isn't
<ajs6f>Well, shorter anyway. Goats, like many ruminants, can be an important part of a grass-containing ecosystem.12:35
That's the kind of information we like to throw around here in #fcrepo.
<dbernstein>Import/Export Standup]
Finished yesterday: Nothing
Working on today:
Working on https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2226 today
Blockers:
None
<ruebot>ajs6f: am i an editor? (reading through the doc now)12:36
<dbernstein>ruebot: sorry for the belated standup report :)
<ruebot>dbernstein: no worries12:37
<ajs6f>ruebot: Holy moly, somehow you got missed. I will fix that pronot.
<ruebot>ajs6f: oh, no biggie. i wasn't apart of that original group, and came in much later.12:38
<ajs6f>No, no, you done good.
I need to alphabetize that list anyway.
<ruebot>Rick Ruebeau
<whikloj>Capt. Rick Ruebeau12:39
<ruebot>whikloj++
* bseeger leaves12:47
<ajs6f>If you say "Rick Ruebeau" fast enough, it sounds like Scooby Doo saying, "Ruh roh!"12:48
awoods: That is the last of the "coverage" for the spec work for CNI. IOW, I think we have something said about all of the things about which we need to say something.12:49
awoods: We can move on, I think, to formatting and the like.
<awoods>nice work, ajs6f. I will give it a closer look and submit PRs for any comments. Thanks!12:50
<ajs6f>awoods: I will not be messing with it in any big way for the afternoon, so if you see typos, etc. , just go ahead and fix 'em with direct commits.
acoburn: ^^ you too12:51
<whikloj>ajs6f++
<acoburn>ajs6f++ # nice work!12:52
<ajs6f>We shall see what the CNI crowd does.
They are notoriously dangerous, like the Apollo Theatre but worse.12:53
I hear Clifford Lynch once threw a man off a building for quoting the wrong RFC.12:54
Good luck, awwods.
<acoburn>awoods: wasn't someone wondering about _not_ using ldp:contains for the webac inheritance algorithm? (I missed that call)
<ajs6f>acoburn: So did awoods.
I think
<awoods>acoburn: yes, benpennell
<ajs6f>acoburn: The upshot was, they wanted to use lLDP containment.12:55
<acoburn>awoods: there are a lot of problems with that, and the spec (as written) is pretty clear that that's not possible
<awoods>acoburn: it was discussed in last week's tech call
<ajs6f>but our current impl only checks for JCR containment (which appears as Basic Containment)
not Direct or Indirect, and that's what bpennel wants to use
<acoburn>yes, basic containment, and that's what the SOLID spec says
<ajs6f>acoburn: Really? Just basic?12:56
<acoburn>unless you define "parent" as meaning something else
<ajs6f>acoburn: I certainly do.
I don't see them calling out basic specifically.
<awoods>acoburn: I do not think there are plans to support anything different at this point. I have not reviewed what has been transcribed into the fedora spec on this point, however.
<acoburn>ok, in that case, then the spec doesn't make that restriction
<ajs6f>Nothing has been translated into the spec, and I don't know why we would do that. We obtain that stuff by reference.12:57
<ruebot>ajs6f: i'll be at cni, so if awoods really wants to, he can throw me under the bus :-)
<ajs6f>ruebot: You are bigger than awoods. I know who is going under a bus, if anyone.
<acoburn>I mean the solid-webac spec
<ajs6f>acoburn: Yeah, I get you. I'll go reread that with more care, but I didn't see that.
<ruebot>ajs6f: awoods can snowboard though!
<ajs6f>I defintely saw language indicating that they are only thinking about the single-container case.
<awoods>As a team, I prefer the policy of no throwing others under buses.12:58
<ajs6f>ruebot: Is he going to snowboard away while you chase him like a Yeti?
<acoburn>my concern is that if a resource has "multiple parents" (whatever that means) then the behavior is undefined
<ajs6f>awoods: This is CNI. No one gets out alive.
acoburn: I agree that it is undefined, but I'm not sure that is a problem quite yet. I think it's just an unexplored space.12:59
<acoburn>ajs6f: ok, I'm fine leaving it as it is
<ruebot>ajs6f: oh, that would be a great reason for my to visit awoods :-)
<ajs6f>acoburn: For me, it's a case of "let's not say anything we don't have to".
<ruebot>s/my/me
<acoburn>ajs6f: I'm completely fine with that13:00
<ajs6f>Also, let's not do anything we don't have to do. Actually, let's just not say or do anything at alll.
<ruebot>escowles: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2330 -- created the follow-up ticket13:08
<escowles>ruebot: thanks!
<ruebot>escowles, awoods: finally following up on this https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2237 -- i'm gonna talk out loud for a sec...13:09
Fired up a vagrant with audit set to true. Would it make sense that we can't import into /rest because it isn't empty... because audit is there?
<westgard>awoods: is markdown parsing turned off on the Duraspace JIRA? I cannot get it to recognize my code blocks as such... :-(13:10
<ruebot>escowles, awoods: so, in a sense, we can't actually fully do that ticket until Phase 3 "Support import into an existing, non-empty Fedora container with various policies: add, overwrite, delete, version, skip"13:11
<escowles>ruebot: i agree — if we want to put the audit nodes in with the original dates, then we'll need new REST API functionality
<ruebot>escowles: yeah. i'm going to change the label to phase three on that ticket then, and stop working it, since it is out of scope for this sprint.13:13
<ajs6f>There's always been a tension between tracking everything carefully and making everything editable. (e.g. last-mod)13:16
but I thikn everything has to be editiable, in the end
<escowles>ajs6f: i have mixed feelings, but ultimately i think you're right: we should let people modify dates, and probably log a warning instead of erroring out13:18
<ajs6f>escowles: Well, that, or make a very careful distinction between different responsibilities for manageent.
much more careful than is now made
this is one reason I want to take every thing that is fedora-managed (except for LDP-require triples) and make it HTTP headers instead of triples.13:19
<escowles>ajs6f: i think that would be nice — there is a header that has a system-managed date, but the triples can all be user-edited
<whikloj>awoods: ping
<escowles>(though then the import/export requirement might be to change the header values...)13:20
* awoods on call
<ajs6f>escowles: Right. AFAIK, that is what barmintor is going to do. I think acoburn, too?
That is def what I am going to do
<acoburn>ajs6f: you mean make system triples into headers?
ajs6f: that's what I'd do
<ajs6f>acoburn: Yes
escowles: I think we
can much more easily say "Don't worry about the headers. That's not your metadata. If you want to own a particular date, put it in your metadata and ,amage it yourself."13:21
<acoburn>ajs6f: in principle, I might want to index some of those values in a 3-store, but that wouldn't be all that hard13:22
<ajs6f>acoburn: Sure, outside the repo, do as you will
* dwilcox leaves
<ajs6f>index the position of the sun
* westgard leaves13:24
<ruebot>escowles: you're still working on https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/48, right?13:30
<escowles>yep — that's the IT showing the failure, and I'm working on fixing it right now13:32
<ruebot>escowles: excellent!
* dwilcox joins13:47
* bseeger joins13:51
* justinsimpson leaves13:55
* github-ff joins14:02
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles force-pushed roundtrip from fd8cb86 to 503ebe8: https://git.io/v10Ip
fcrepo-import-export/roundtrip 94c4be2 Esmé Cowles: Adding IT demonstrating failure to import into subdirectory
fcrepo-import-export/roundtrip 503ebe8 Esmé Cowles: Updating file to URI mapping to map from source to resource paths.
* github-ff leaves
* apb18 joins14:04
* github-ff joins14:07
[fcrepo-import-export] whikloj created fcrepo-2169 (+1 new commit): https://git.io/v10tO
fcrepo-import-export/fcrepo-2169 e2dcd4e Jared Whiklo: First pass at an audit logger.
* github-ff leaves
<whikloj>awoods/escowles/ruebot/et al: I'm sure there are better ways to do this, but I could use some eyes ^^
* kestlund joins14:09
<awoods>whikloj: A PR would help
* github-ff joins14:15
[fcrepo-import-export] whikloj force-pushed fcrepo-2169 from e2dcd4e to 1a10ad7: https://git.io/v10q6
fcrepo-import-export/fcrepo-2169 1a10ad7 Jared Whiklo: First pass at an audit logger.
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins14:17
[fcrepo-import-export] whikloj opened pull request #49: First pass at an audit logger. (master...fcrepo-2169) https://git.io/v10qj
* github-ff leaves
<whikloj>awoods: ^^ pour vous
<awoods>thanks14:18
<ruebot>whikloj++14:20
<whikloj>ruebot: not yet, it's really just a first pass.
I feel like I just duplicated the existing logging into a specific file.
<ruebot>whikloj: how do i start testing/using it?14:21
<whikloj>ruebot: export/import something, it creates a file in the current working directory named "importexport_audit_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.log"14:22
ruebot: or pass the new -o to supply a directory, I haven't tested it extensively. I want to make sure I'm even on the right track for those 3 tickets14:23
<ruebot>whikloj: cool. i'll pull it down, and start testing14:26
$ cat import_export_audit_20161206_142734.log14:28
2016-12-06 14:27:34,942 INFO o.f.i.audit Starting import...
2016-12-06 14:27:34,944 INFO o.f.i.audit Finished import... 0 resources imported, 0 failures.
^^whikloj, that look right?
<whikloj>ruebot: did you import anything?
<ruebot>whikloj: yep. i imported a test dataset, and it looks fine. but log says i didn't do anything. stdout looked fine.14:30
<whikloj>ruebot: stupid linux, works fine on my mac :P
<ruebot>whikloj: should it create a dir called "null"?14:31
<whikloj>ruebot: no, clearly...ok back to the drawing board
ruebot: rebasing is always fun14:32
* kestlund leaves
<ruebot>whikloj: or, i should say i have multiple log files in different locations. on in the root of the directory i run the utility in, and then there is a dir called "null" that is created, and it has a log file in it, and that has more info
* kestlund joins14:33
<ruebot>whikloj: https://gist.github.com/ruebot/3bb02ab2d85cdff7f3eed0e1047c9706 -- that's the log in the null directory. that looks right.
* github-ff joins14:34
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles pushed 1 new commit to roundtrip: https://git.io/v10s9
fcrepo-import-export/roundtrip 0ef5b60 Esmé Cowles: Using RDFDataMgr to parse RDF into a Model
* github-ff leaves
* apb18 leaves14:43
<whikloj>ruebot: are you using the file-simple backend for Fedora?
* osmandin joins14:45
<ruebot>whikloj: i'm running the single-click14:46
<whikloj>ruebot: ok thanks, I was getting an error importing but I think I just needed more heap space14:47
* osmandin leaves14:52
* kestlund leaves14:57
* kestlund joins14:59
<whikloj>ruebot: ok so trying to import, it gets pretty far and then stops. It hasn't failed, its just not doing anything anymore
* kestlund1 joins15:00
* kestlund leaves
<ruebot>escowles: shall i start testing https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/48 ?15:04
<escowles>ruebot: yep, it's ready to go15:05
<ruebot>escowles++
* kestlund1 leaves15:10
* github-ff joins15:13
[fcrepo-import-export] dbernstein opened pull request #50: Rips out the --binDir and --descDir and replaces them with --dir and … (master...fcrepo-2226) https://git.io/v104C
* github-ff leaves
<escowles>i'm heading out in a few minutes - talk to y'all tomorrow15:18
<whikloj>escowles++15:26
<ruebot>whikloj: pulled down most recent, and rebuilt; the log in the root directory has all the stdout info in it now, but i'm also getting a 'null' directory created still, and it has 5 log files in it!15:41
<whikloj>ruebot: ok, I'll try testing in linux and see what is going on. thanks
<ruebot>whikloj: cool
<whikloj>ruebot: the 5 log files were all created when you did your test import/export?15:42
* kestlund joins15:44
<ruebot>whikloj: yeah, i did an import
<whikloj>ruebot: yeah, but are all 5 files created at the same time?15:45
<ruebot>whikloj: ...a single one. i've verified it a couple times since it threw me at first.
ls -lash
total 60K
4.0K drwxrwxr-x 2 nruest nruest 4.0K Dec 6 15:39 .
4.0K drwxrwxr-x 6 nruest nruest 4.0K Dec 6 15:40 ..
12K -rw-rw-r-- 1 nruest nruest 9.2K Dec 6 15:39 import_export_audit_20161206_153937.log
20K -rw-rw-r-- 1 nruest nruest 18K Dec 6 15:39 import_export_audit_20161206_153938.log
4.0K -rw-rw-r-- 1 nruest nruest 414 Dec 6 15:39 import_export_audit_20161206_153957.log
12K -rw-rw-r-- 1 nruest nruest 8.1K Dec 6 15:39 import_export_audit_20161206_153958.log
4.0K -rw-rw-r-- 1 nruest nruest 3.8K Dec 6 15:39 import_export_audit_20161206_153959.log
<whikloj>ruebot: can I have your import command please15:47
<ruebot>$ java -jar target/fcrepo-import-export-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar --mode import --resource http://localhost:8080/rest --descDir /home/nruest/tmp/import-export-sprint-03/test/hydra --binDir /home/nruest/tmp/import-export-sprint-03/test/hydra
<ajs6f>acoburn: Did you notice this https://github.com/apache/incubator-rya/tree/master/extras/rya.reasoning?15:49
* ruebot back in an hour or so15:51
* kestlund leaves15:58
* kestlund joins
* awead leaves16:00
<bseeger>whikloj - can one export both binaries and descriptions into the same directory now?16:14
<whikloj>bseeger: I don't think so, but I'm not sure16:15
<bseeger>whiklog - probably tangential to what you're working on. Was just looking at ruebot's command above.
<whikloj>bseeger: yeah I'm not sure about his command but I haven't tried the hydra data yet.16:16
* awead joins16:17
* awead leaves16:20
* dwilcox leaves16:31
* ajs6f leaves16:43
* kestlund leaves16:55
<bseeger>the wiki appears to be down…16:57
* dwilcox joins17:01
* bseeger leaves17:07
<ruebot_away>bseeger:
oh, you just left :-(
* kestlund joins17:37
* acoburn leaves17:38
* peichman leaves17:39
* dhlamb leaves18:07
* kestlund leaves18:14
* whikloj leaves18:25
* kefo leaves19:02
* whikloj joins19:26
* whikloj leaves19:31
* dwilcox leaves19:42
* dwilcox joins
* dwilcox leaves19:43
* dwilcox joins
* dwilcox leaves19:44
* dwilcox joins
* dwilcox leaves
* dwilcox joins19:45
* dwilcox leaves
* dwilcox joins19:46
* dwilcox leaves
* whikloj joins19:51
* dwilcox joins20:05
* awead joins20:32
* awead leaves
* github-ff joins20:36
[fcrepo-import-export] whikloj pushed 1 new commit to fcrepo-2169: https://git.io/v1EO3
fcrepo-import-export/fcrepo-2169 c367a4f Jared Whiklo: Use logback for audit logger
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins20:38
[fcrepo-import-export] whikloj pushed 1 new commit to fcrepo-2169: https://git.io/v1EOR
fcrepo-import-export/fcrepo-2169 88f866d Jared Whiklo: Remove unused variable
* github-ff leaves
* whikloj leaves20:45
* whikloj joins20:46
[Import/Export Standup]20:47
Finished yesterday: n/a
Working on today: Finish up https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/49
Blockers: Need a clearer picture of what this logger is providing that the normal application one isn't20:48
* whikloj leaves
* kestlund joins21:01
* kestlund leaves21:24
* dwilcox leaves21:26
<dbernstein>[Import/Export Standup]23:49
<awoods>[Import/Export Standup]00:14
Finished yesterday:
- Reviewed/ReOpened: "Rip out the --binDir and --descDir"
** https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2226
- Reviewed/OK'd: "Can't import into sub-path"
** https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2328
Working on today:
- Reviewing tickets as they come up
Blockers:
- None
<dbernstein>[Import/Export Standup]00:22
Finished yesterday:
NA
Working on today:
Finishing up https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2226
Starting on https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2296
Blockers:
None

Generated by Sualtam