Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* coblej joins04:23
* coblej leaves04:28
* coblej joins04:55
* coblej leaves04:59
* coblej joins05:06
* coblej leaves05:11
* coblej joins05:38
* coblej leaves05:43
* coblej joins06:10
* coblej leaves06:14
* coblej joins06:42
* coblej leaves06:46
* coblej joins07:14
* coblej leaves07:18
* dwilcox joins07:42
* coblej joins07:49
* coblej leaves07:53
* coblej joins08:19
* dhlamb joins08:35
* manez joins08:46
* tolloid joins08:56
* ajs6f joins09:05
* coblej leaves09:08
* coblej joins09:14
* acoburn joins09:15
* mikeAtUVa joins09:17
* github-ff joins09:18
[fcrepo4-vagrant] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vXhvp
fcrepo4-vagrant/master 9cf05f4 Hillel Arnold: Adds support for Mac OSX and curl version conflict (#72)
* github-ff leaves
* coblej leaves
* manez leaves09:20
* manez joins09:21
* coblej joins09:22
* peichman joins09:40
* youn joins09:54
* kefo joins10:14
* coblej leaves10:21
* coblej joins10:26
* acoburn leaves10:46
* acoburn1 joins
* whikloj joins10:49
mikeAtUVa: ping11:07
* osmandin joins11:16
* thomz leaves11:30
* tolloid leaves11:34
* tolloid joins11:36
* osmandin leaves11:42
* manez leaves11:45
* manez joins11:50
* coblej leaves11:53
* coblej joins11:59
* coblej leaves12:04
<mikeAtUVa>whikloj: is your request for my attention still relevant after an hour?12:05
<whikloj>mikeAtUVa: sure, just a question about migration-utils. If I am traversing the directory structure, what is the implications of not shutting down fedora3?12:06
mikeAtUVa: I have my fedora 3 data on NFS and I was going to mount it read-only to a new test server to try migrating to Fedora 4. But I want to leave the main Fedora 3 running12:07
<mikeAtUVa>whiklojo: If you do updates you will get undefined behavior relating to update objects. (they may be missed, they may be migrated twice and fine, depends on a lot of stuff)
<whikloj>mikeAtUVa: If I do updates to the data in Fedora3 while the migration is running, my migration might be messed up?12:08
<mikeAtUVa>whikloj: essentially, I could delve deeper if you wished... the impact would be relatively contained.12:09
<whikloj>mikeAtUVa: no its okay, this is just a test. I thought if it need read-write access to the data directory, I'd reconsider. But I think I'll give it a try and see what happens12:10
<mikeAtUVa>whikloj: I wouldn't give it read-write access.
<whikloj>mikeAtUVa: cool, read-only is the plan then.
<mikeAtUVa>whikloj: cool. Let me know if I need to fix anything. I'm looking forward to the 3rd phase of import/export when I'll be able to dramatically improve it.12:11
<whikloj>mikeAtUVa: sounds good, import/export is why I want to stand up a Fedora 4 with some data.12:12
* jjtuttle leaves12:28
* jjtuttle joins12:29
* coblej joins12:31
* coblej leaves12:35
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: I heard rumor of a potential OR17 proposal you may have in mind... do you have details?12:38
* kestlund joins12:55
* kestlund leaves12:56
* kestlund joins
* coblej joins12:58
* coblej leaves13:00
* coblej joins
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: probably just a rumor... though if I were to propose a presentation on something it would be a typical mikeAtUva presentation about how we muddled through something with fedora and want to share the lessons (and code improvements) from our mistakes.13:06
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: ok... let me know if collaboration is in order.
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: while we're gossiping, did Robin make it sound like UVA would send a contingent to the other side of the planet next summer... I'm always the last to find out.13:07
awoods: will do.
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: the funding sounded uncertain... hence the interest in tag-teaming in case not everyone would be attending.13:08
<mikeAtUVa>awoods, ruebot: are there folks contributing a proposal about the import/export work (that should be finished in all it's glory by then)?13:11
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: if a full-session on import/export makes sense, I know ruebot is interested. I was also considering a "Year in Review" proposal that would include a number of initiatives, including import/export.13:12
<mikeAtUVa>awoods, ruebot: I'd be more than willing to contribute to a presentation on import/export... specifically why it's so important to us and the myriad ways we'll be using it.13:14
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: sounds like a winner. Would you mind putting together a google-doc with the initial cut at a proposal, and share it with ruebot and myself for collaboration?13:15
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: ok... might not be until Monday, but that gives us a couple days;)13:17
* tolloid_ joins13:23
* tolloid leaves
<acoburn1>awoods:ajs6f: do you have slides from your OR16 talk? I'm giving a talk next month at NE C4L about the Fedora specification effort13:36
<ajs6f>acoburn1: awoods might. I probably do but it would take me so long to find them you might as well redo them yourself. Also, I think awoods uploaded them to the OR site at some point, so you might check there.13:37
<acoburn1>ajs6f: I'll probably make them myself anyway, but it would be good to make sure I don't miss anything
<ajs6f>acoburn1: They were sketchy. They were just meant to hit some high points. Neither awoods nor I are the "put the whole presentation script on the slides" type.13:38
<acoburn1>ajs6f: that's generally how I handle presentations, too13:39
<ajs6f>acoburn1: The most important point: creating a standard means no more questions about interoperability or expectations. That's what making a standard does. That's what has happened after every standardization effort that has ever been undertaken. NO FURTHER QUESTIONS THIS INTERVIEW IS OVER.
<acoburn1>ajs6f: exactly13:40
* coblej leaves13:44
<awoods>acoburn1: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1BfUhGHICthgqjD6_S5r7EUsDFwVcUTMDtttkMDGGA1Y/edit?usp=sharing13:46
<acoburn1>awoods++
* coblej joins13:54
* acoburn1 leaves14:06
* acoburn joins
* kestlund leaves14:36
<ajs6f>whikloj: I am leaving IRC for today, so re: the fcrepo3 hot indexer ping me via email or that ticket if events warrant.14:56
* ajs6f leaves14:57
* coblej leaves15:13
* coblej joins
* coblej leaves15:18
* coblej joins15:19
* coblej leaves15:23
* coblej joins15:30
* tolloid leaves15:48
* acoburn leaves16:19
* acoburn joins16:27
* kestlund joins16:28
* acoburn leaves16:29
* youn leaves16:35
* coblej leaves
* github-ff joins16:39
[fcrepo4] awoods opened pull request #1146: Ensure XSDType not in Content-Disposition filename response header (master...fcrepo-2317) https://git.io/vXjsq
* github-ff leaves
* mikeAtUVa leaves16:56
* dwilcox leaves
* dwilcox joins
* dwilcox leaves
* dwilcox joins16:57
* dwilcox leaves
* dwilcox joins16:58
* dwilcox leaves
* whikloj leaves16:59
* kestlund leaves17:02
* kefo leaves17:07
* peichman leaves17:38
* github-ff joins17:40
[fcrepo4] escowles closed pull request #1146: Ensure XSDType not in Content-Disposition filename response header (master...fcrepo-2317) https://git.io/vXjsq
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins17:56
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4860 (master - 4822c54 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/5d5b07c55a0e...4822c54bd5ce
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/178128658
* travis-ci leaves
* dwilcox joins18:14
* dbernstein leaves20:00
* dbernstein joins20:02
* dwilcox leaves22:07

Generated by Sualtam