Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* thomz joins02:59
* awoods leaves04:12
* awoods joins04:33
* jonathangee leaves05:51
* jonathangee joins06:00
* chadmills joins08:27
* coblej joins08:30
* dwilcox joins08:32
* dwilcox_ joins08:35
* dwilcox leaves08:36
* coblej leaves08:41
* coblej joins08:48
* dwilcox_ leaves08:57
* dhlamb_ joins09:06
* coblej leaves
* dhlamb_ leaves09:09
* dhlamb joins09:11
* ajs6f joins09:12
* ajs6f leaves
* dwilcox joins
* ajs6f joins
* ajs6f leaves
* peichman joins09:15
* dwilcox leaves09:16
* coblej joins09:20
* ajs6f joins09:32
* acoburn joins09:36
* whikloj joins09:55
<awoods>whikloj: are you feeling better?10:00
<whikloj>awoods: 50%, took the morning off so I could take it slower. Hoping to be fully back by the PM.
* mikeAtUVa joins10:01
<awoods>whikloj: sorry to hear you are still not a 100%. Deep breathing and water.
<ajwagner>Water? I thought scotch was the solution for what ails you...10:02
<whikloj>awoods: I think thats more for a hangover, but I'll give it a try :)
ajwagner: Its a general purpose antiseptic
<awoods>whikloj: I thought that was the assumption ;)
<whikloj>awoods: I thought you were the one sick (ala hangover), I'm too old for that.10:03
* coblej leaves10:10
* coblej joins
* bseeger joins10:11
* coblej leaves10:15
* coblej joins10:16
* coblej leaves10:19
* coblej joins
* osmandin joins10:35
* coblej leaves
* peichman leaves10:45
* peichman joins
* coblej joins10:49
* kestlund joins10:51
* thomz leaves10:52
* coblej leaves10:54
* MarcusBarnes joins10:56
It appears that I'm marked as the notetaker for the upcoming meeting. I may have to step out during the meeting. Is it possible for someone else to take notes? Thank you.10:57
* kestlund leaves10:59
<osmandin>MarcusBarnes: I can take notes.11:00
<awoods>osmandin++
<MarcusBarnes>osmandin: Thank you so much.
* ylchen joins
* ruebot is here11:01
* whikloj is here, for now
<bseeger>*is here*
* escowles joins
<ajs6f>omw
<acoburn>*is here*
* ajwagner just joined11:02
* kat3_drx joins
* mikeAtUVa is here.
<dbernstein>is here
* kestlund joins
* kestlund leaves11:03
* kestlund1 joins
<MarcusBarnes>Thanks. A lot going on. Still wanted to tune in.
<escowles>i'm going to drop & reconnect
* ajs6f has joned11:04
<osmandin>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-11-10+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting11:05
* ajs6f is joning
whikloj+ debernstein++
<whikloj>https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=78161137
Release notes ^^11:06
<ajs6f>kefo++
awoods: You are sonding really windy.11:08
Or someone is.11:09
Yay for rleases!11:16
<whikloj>dbernstein: you got it, or me?
<dbernstein>release notes?11:17
Not sure what you’re asking.
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Release+Testing+-+4.6.1
<whikloj>dbernstein: no worries
* dwilcox joins
<whikloj>dbernstein: I did it11:19
awoods: yep
<dhlamb>ajs6f, i'd prefer headers11:24
* kefo joins
<ajs6f>dhlamb: RECV11:25
<mikeAtUVa>Can we punt... no atomic operations?11:27
* whikloj stepping away
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: I wouldn't mind that myself, but when it has been discussed it has been seen as "politically impractible".
Too many people find it too useful.
<dhlamb>i would imagine resistance from those already implementing over the uri method? just a practical concern11:29
<mikeAtUVa>If there are lots of people using it, that's awesome and I'm happy to hear it.
<acoburn>dhlamb: there would be some changes to fcrepo-camel, but those changes wouldn't be difficult
* apb18 joins11:30
<dhlamb>acoburn, i doubt difficult, but people do complain
* apb18 joins late
<dhlamb>flash message11:32
i believe is the vocab term for that kind of thing
<escowles>modal popup
* coblej joins11:33
<ajs6f>dhlamb:escowles: Sure thing. (See, I would have just stayed with a CLI.)11:34
* mikeAtUVa doesn't like URIs that have tx in them but represent resources that when committed will have a different URI.11:35
<ajs6f>barmintor: You are breaking up like crazy.11:36
<dhlamb>mikeAtUVa, yes
ajs6f, mikeAtUVa, yeah, i had t odo some gross code to strip out the tx:abc-123 from the uri to figure out where my newly created object was11:38
it's a bit awkward11:39
<ajs6f>barmintor: Did you drop?
<mikeAtUVa>dhlamb: indeed... I'm glad to hear you're using transactions.
<ajs6f>Meh.
<apb18>agree on awkwardness, though I have a vague memory of using rel=canonical header to help
* kat3_drx leaves11:42
<MarcusBarnes>Thanks. I'll see what I can pull together.11:44
<ajs6f>bseeger++11:45
apb18: Agree about "canonical", but the semantics aren't that tight.11:46
* whikloj leaves
<ajs6f>Pythons, boa constrictors, anacondas, all welcome.
apb18: Helpful, but it doesn't slot perfectly to the need.
* whikloj joins
<ajs6f>WHY WOULDN'T YOU TRUST FEDORA IMPLCIITLY?!?!11:47
* ylchen leaves11:48
<ruebot>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+Import+-+Export
^^ dbernstein
<apb18>ajs6f: Yeah. I don't recall the solution being entirely clean either.11:49
<dbernstein>ruebot: thanks.
* whikloj leaves11:50
<dhlamb>barmintor: you're breaking up badly :(
<ajs6f>barminitor: Get thee to a land line.11:51
<dhlamb>barmintor: yes, that was misleading. and now I remember the use cases you're speaking about
<osmandin>Not sure what to put in my meeting notes for barmintor.
<dhlamb>barmintor: i was meaning more like mulgara :P11:52
<ajs6f>osmandin: Y(&DYFYDSF&(TY&UIOGDOUGDOUFG ACK ACK NACK NACK NACK
osmandin: And then Max Headroom dropped the call.
* mikeAtUVa argued strongly against removing this functionality back in the day.11:54
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: We never had soething like what barmintor is talking about.11:55
mikeATUVa: We had a cheap and biggy reexposure of JCR indexes.
buggy. Maybe biggy, I guess, depending on what that means.
<mikeAtUVa>ajs6f: the implementation may have sucked, but the functionality was/is useful.
<escowles>yep, and with our dynamic triple generation for containers, those JCR indexes weren't going to be that useful11:56
<ajs6f>mikeATUVa: The funcitonality wasn't the same.
* tolloid joins
<ajs6f>escowle: +1
<mikeAtUVa>ajs6f: perhaps I misunderstand, but I thought the need included a lightweight way to discover/query bits of information about the repository in a synchronous manner?11:57
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: No, I didn't hear that.
* whikloj joins
<ajs6f>mikeATUVa: Doesn't mean you are wrong, just makes it clear that we aren't all talking about the same thing.
<mikeAtUVa>ajs6f: then I'm wrong and I apologize for my misundestanding...
<ajs6f>mikeATUVa: Let's relax and barmintor/escowles/et al deliberate and report11:58
<osmandin>awoods: Will do. Thanks.
<ajs6f>osmandin++
<mikeAtUVa>ajs6f: perhaps what I meant to say was that I think the needs I had that were fulfilled by the old crummy jcr search would also be filled by what I think they're proposing, which is not to say that their needs (which I don't fully understand) would be fulfilled by what we had.11:59
* whikloj leaves12:00
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: That may very well be. I don't understand what their needs are either, but more to the point, I haven't heard a very concrete proposal. I'm happy to wait for that.
* MarcusBarnes leaves
<ajs6f>I know it will be good.12:01
* kestlund1 leaves
* coblej leaves
<ajs6f>I hope their proposal involves lots of good beer, and since it's barmintor and escowles, I bet it will.
* coblej joins12:02
* osmandin leaves12:03
* peichman leaves12:05
* coblej leaves12:06
* coblej joins12:08
* bseeger leaves
<awoods>apb18: What time is this call? it is not on my calendar: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-11-10+Fedora+API+Extensions+Meeting12:09
<apb18>awoods: the usual, 1pm
<awoods>thanks12:10
<apb18>ah, I must have missed the time/date line with I cut 'n pasted the dial in info
* coblej leaves12:12
* kestlund joins12:17
* kestlund1 joins12:21
* kestlund leaves12:22
* tolloid leaves12:32
* tolloid joins12:33
* ajs6f leaves12:34
* dwilcox leaves12:39
* coblej joins12:44
* kat3_drx joins12:46
* tolloid leaves12:48
* coblej leaves12:49
* tolloid joins
* kat3_drx leaves12:50
* coblej joins12:52
* ddavis joins12:54
* coblej leaves12:58
* coblej joins12:59
<apb18>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-11-10+Fedora+API+Extensions+Meeting13:02
* esm_ joins13:03
* bseeger joins13:09
* tolloid leaves13:10
* escowles leaves13:21
* coblej leaves13:22
* coblej joins
* escowles joins
* coblej leaves13:26
* coblej joins13:27
* coblej leaves
* coblej joins13:30
* tolloid joins
* whikloj joins13:34
<awoods>apb18: where is the wiki page to which Ruth is referring? https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+API+Extension+Architecture13:42
esm_ ^^13:43
<apb18>I think that's it
https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-api-x/issues/6013:44
<esm_>awoods: yes, that's it. sorry not quite tuned into irc
* RED__ joins
* osmandin joins13:52
<awoods>maybe post youtube links into the ticket?13:55
<apb18>https://osf.io/y6uyh/13:58
<RED__>good plan
<awoods>apb18: I heard your DLF presentation was great.
* awoods have to drop14:00
* kestlund joins14:03
* kestlund1 leaves14:06
* tolloid leaves
* tolloid joins14:07
* coblej leaves
* ddavis leaves
* dwilcox joins14:12
* coblej joins14:14
<osmandin>awoods: I have added the meeting notes. https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-11-10+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting14:19
<awoods>osmandin++
* tolloid leaves14:27
* acoburn leaves14:30
* acoburn joins14:33
* esm_ leaves14:43
* escowles leaves14:49
* dhlamb leaves15:18
* coblej leaves15:21
* osmandin leaves15:25
* osmandin joins15:27
* coblej joins
* coblej leaves15:31
* coblej joins15:33
* dwilcox leaves
* coblej leaves15:52
* bseeger leaves15:56
* coblej joins15:57
* coblej leaves15:58
* dwilcox joins15:59
* bseeger joins16:02
* peichman joins16:23
* kestlund leaves16:29
* kestlund joins16:31
* bseeger leaves16:33
* kestlund leaves16:37
* RED__ leaves16:52
* apb18 leaves16:53
* mikeAtUVa leaves16:57
* dbernstein leaves16:58
* dbernstein joins16:59
* apb18 joins17:00
* osmandin leaves17:03
* dwilcox leaves17:07
* dbernstein leaves17:09
* peichman leaves17:20
* acoburn leaves17:21
* dbernstein joins17:23
* dwilcox joins17:39
<kefo>Just to confirm: 4.6.1 has the multi-thread patch, yes?17:45
For the record, my test results are suggesting "yes" but I'm a tad murky on the fact.17:46
* whikloj leaves17:49
<apb18>kefo: Yes; https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/f1432807b68dd200e4acba1c01d1e0e7eb6c18c217:50
<kefo>apb18: ok. Thaaank yoouuu.
* dhlamb joins17:54
* apb18 leaves18:14
* dwilcox leaves18:28
* kefo leaves19:08
* peichman joins19:58
* dhlamb leaves20:10
* peichman leaves21:21
* dwilcox joins21:34
* peichman joins22:08
* peichman leaves22:33
* dwilcox leaves23:34

Generated by Sualtam