Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* thomz joins03:12
* mohamedar joins06:54
* mohamedar leaves06:58
* mohamedar joins06:59
* youn joins07:33
* youn leaves07:35
* youn joins07:51
* youn leaves08:07
* ajs6f joins08:26
* ajs6f leaves
* youn joins08:44
* youn leaves
* acoburn joins09:00
* mikeAtUVa joins09:08
* awoods joins09:24
* ajs6f joins09:30
* github-ff joins09:39
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vPRP3
fcrepo4/master 5413453 Aaron Coburn: Remove Sesame OpenRDF libraries; rework stream-based serialization code (#1102)...
* github-ff leaves
* 64MAACS6Q joins09:50
[fcrepo4] ajs6f closed pull request #1101: Add a Queue-based JMS message producer (master...fcrepo-2005) https://git.io/viHFA
* 64MAACS6Q leaves
* 18WAACZSL joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vPRX6
fcrepo4/master 6262b04 Aaron Coburn: Add a Queue-based JMS message producer (#1101)...
* 18WAACZSL leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo4-oaiprovider build #690: FAILURE in 37 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-oaiprovider/690/09:52
* mohamedar1 joins09:59
* mohamedar leaves10:01
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] acoburn pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vPRMn
fcrepo4/master e2e1a79 dbernstein: HTML UI - Enable creation of container with text/turtle body...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4738 (master - 5413453 : Aaron Coburn): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/7816b5b77a5b...54134535b1a9
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/166429768
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins10:03
[fcrepo-camel] ajs6f pushed 2 new commits to master: https://git.io/vPRMi
fcrepo-camel/master a0d7ce4 Aaron Coburn: Cleanup camel tests...
fcrepo-camel/master 397ad6f A. Soroka: Merge pull request #124 from acoburn/fcrepo-2255...
* github-ff leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #1136: FAILURE in 35 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/1136/
* ajs6f leaves10:05
* ajs6f joins10:11
* travis-ci joins10:14
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4739 (master - 6262b04 : Aaron Coburn): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/54134535b1a9...6262b042876a
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/166432487
* travis-ci leaves
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!10:15
Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #1137: FIXED in 2 min 49 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/1137/
* github-ff joins10:18
[fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl] acoburn opened pull request #39: make modeshape dependency explicit (master...modeshape-dependency) https://git.io/vPRSz
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>acoburn: Does that ^^^ affect the release? or is RBACL okay in RC?10:20
<acoburn>awoods: I'm not sure if that last PR (auth-rbacl) is necessary ^^^ right now, but eventually it will be
ajs6f: it's fine in RC
<ajs6f>acoburn: k
<acoburn>ajs6f: I believe it has to do with relying on transitive deps for the modeshape functions
ajs6f: my PR ^^^ fixes that10:21
* travis-ci joins10:25
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4740 (master - e2e1a79 : dbernstein): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/6262b042876a...e2e1a79267aa
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/166435566
* travis-ci leaves
<acoburn>awoods: ajs6f: what is the status of the review on https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/110710:28
are you ready for the full implementation using these new interfaces?10:29
<awoods>acoburn: I have not looked at that PR since the more recent iterations this past week.10:32
acoburn: there appear to be some significant changes since I last reviewed it.
* github-ff joins10:34
[fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vPRHl
fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/master 8c250c3 Aaron Coburn: make modeshape dependency explicit (#39)
* github-ff leaves
<acoburn>awoods: yes, and there are also merge conflicts in my implementation now (not the PR you see, but the subsequent commit that uses all of the code)
awoods: I would like to move things along to keep those conflicts to a minimum
awoods: I would note, however, that there will also be significant merge conflicts with mikeAtUVa's pr: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/109610:35
awoods: so I'd like to see his code merged sooner rather than later
<awoods>acoburn: "this code" meaning your PR or mikeAtUVa's?10:36
<acoburn>awoods: mikeAtUVa's PR
<awoods>acoburn: sorry... "his code"... that is clear.
acoburn: ok, I will focus on 1096, then 110710:37
<acoburn>awoods++
* dwilcox joins10:42
* travis-ci joins10:45
fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl#91 (master - 8c250c3 : Aaron Coburn): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/compare/715e4fc2d2df...8c250c3cc7f9
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/builds/166445548
* travis-ci leaves
* mohamedar joins11:04
* mohamedar1 leaves
* youn joins11:06
* mohamedar1 joins11:11
* mohamedar leaves11:13
* sorandom29 joins11:21
* github-ff joins11:24
[fcrepo4] acoburn opened pull request #1113: Remove support for application/xml mime type (master...fcrepo-2266) https://git.io/vPRAR
* github-ff leaves
<mohamedar1>Test11:25
<sorandom29>test11:29
* sorandom29 leaves
* youn leaves11:34
<sorandom29>another test11:38
<acoburn>awoods: the jax-rs code claims to support application/xhtml, but it doesn't what would you like to do with that?11:41
awoods: I'd suggest that we remove that support
* ajs6f leaves
<awoods>acoburn: what do you mean by jax-rs not supporting application/xhtml?11:42
<acoburn>awoods: i.e. with an accept header of "application/xhtml+xml", the returned content-type is application/xhtml+xml
awoods: but the body payload is _not_ XHTML
awoods: it is plain old HTML
awoods: look at the returned DOCTYPE decl11:43
awoods: <!DOCTYPE html>
<awoods>acoburn: what is the source of the discrepancy?
<acoburn>awoods: it has to do with how velocity is set up
<sorandom29>ACC11:44
<acoburn>awoods: the velocity templates only produce HTML (not XHTML)
* ajs6f joins
<acoburn>awoods: so we can have a "xhtml" version of the velocity template, or we can just drop support for XHTML
awoods: I don't think we should put more effort into velocity11:45
<ajs6f>velocity--
LDPath Templates++
<acoburn>ajs6f: I completely agree, but my point here is about XHTML
<awoods>acoburn: If folks want xhtml, then we can add a ticket for that... but in the meantime, dropping the illusion of xhtml support seems right.
<ajs6f>XHTML-+
Fedora 4: Destroying your illusion of support11:46
* github-ff joins11:57
[fcrepo4-vagrant] awoods closed pull request #49: Provide fcrepo.modeshape.configuration (master...fcrepo-2052) https://git.io/vKyqf
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:01
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #1108: Remove dependency on Modeshape module from the fcrepo-http-commons module (master...fcrepo-1694.8) https://git.io/vPYEZ
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vP0vW
fcrepo4/master 2f575df Aaron Coburn: Remove dependency on Modeshape module from the fcrepo-http-commons module (#1108)...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:04
[fcrepo4] acoburn opened pull request #1114: Remove XHTML "support" (master...fcrepo-2267) https://git.io/vP0vD
* github-ff leaves
<acoburn>awoods: PRs 1112, 1113 and 1114 are all changing the same lines of code, so there will be conflicts (but they will be easy to resolve)12:05
* mohamedar joins12:09
* mohamedar1 leaves12:12
<acoburn>looks like the dublin core website was hacked12:16
* travis-ci joins12:20
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4743 (master - 2f575df : Aaron Coburn): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/e2e1a79267aa...2f575dfd4494
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/166470141
* travis-ci leaves
* acoburn leaves12:23
<ajs6f>National Library of Korea, what have you done?!12:24
* ajs6f leaves
* whikloj joins12:39
* github-ff joins12:42
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vP0Iw
fcrepo4/master 72bd489 Aaron Coburn: Remove XHTML "support" (#1114)...
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox leaves12:43
* github-ff joins12:44
[fcrepo4-vagrant] whikloj deleted fcrepo4-vagrant-4.7.0-RC-1 at 2b075d4: https://git.io/vP0IQ
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:45
[fcrepo4-vagrant] whikloj tagged fcrepo4-vagrant-4.7.0-RC-1 at 3e8fa5d: https://git.io/vib52
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox joins12:46
* youn joins
<awoods>whikloj: why did you move the RC-1 tag?12:47
<whikloj>awoods: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Release+Testing+-+4.7.0?focusedCommentId=78156519#comment-78156519
<awoods>whikloj: Our standard approach is to fix issues in the RC, then create new tags... such as RC-2.12:48
<whikloj>awoods: Yes, except this isn't changing the release
<awoods>whikloj: Are you planning on moving the RC-1 tag forward with each fix?
<whikloj>awoods: This is changing a testing structure
awoods: If I had to change fcrepo4 or fcrepo4-audit, then an RC-2 seems valid. But this...is like creating an RC-2 for a change to fedora4-tests12:49
awoods: We are still downloading all the same code to test. Just correcting the loading process. I felt that didn't require a new RC or a new 3 week testing period.12:50
awoods: But if you prefer I can cut a new release candidate. But I think we should consider how vagrant ties into the actual release going forward.12:51
<awoods>whikloj: Yes, we have discussed the relationship between vagrant and fcrepo releases...12:52
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] dbernstein opened pull request #1115: Ensures that the rest api will return a 507 response with a message body (master...fcrepo-1931) https://git.io/vP0tf
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>whikloj: Flags go up for me when I see tags being moved.12:53
whikloj: but it is probably ok in this situation. Thanks for the explanation.
<whikloj>awoods: no problem, didn't mean to raise any warning flags. In future, perhaps not creating a tag for vagrant and just suggesting people use the RC branch. Then create the tag once the release is complete12:54
<awoods>whikloj: that may be a good approach
<whikloj>awoods: also if I didn't mis-type the names of acoburn's features and config files. :)12:55
* ajs6f joins12:56
* travis-ci joins12:57
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4745 (master - 72bd489 : Aaron Coburn): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/2f575dfd4494...72bd4897b98c
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/166481152
* travis-ci leaves
* mikeAtUVa leaves13:00
* dbernstein joins13:07
* mohamedar leaves13:08
* mohamedar joins
* dbernstein leaves13:13
* dbernstein_ joins
* youn leaves13:23
* youn joins
* acoburn joins13:51
* mohamedar leaves13:56
* dbernstein_ leaves13:57
* mohamedar joins
* mohamedar leaves14:04
* dbernstein joins14:07
* whikloj leaves14:26
* whikloj joins
* whikloj leaves14:31
* coblej joins14:58
* dbernstein leaves
* dbernstein joins15:05
* coblej leaves15:07
* coblej joins15:10
* whikloj joins15:17
* dbernstein leaves15:51
* youn leaves15:54
* dbernstein joins16:01
* ajs6f leaves16:32
<acoburn>awoods: any thoughts on publishing something like this: https://gist.github.com/acoburn/810515ce2e2837a30a2f5084b4c49f3f on fedora.info? In principle, an HTTP header could link to this and/or a particular version.16:35
<awoods>acoburn: Is this is in the context of https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1774 ?16:41
<acoburn>awoods: basically, yes
<awoods>acoburn: and injecting into the "Server" header?
<acoburn>awoods: I can't remember what we decided on that, but some sort of appropriate header16:42
<awoods>acoburn: I believe that is where we landed... ajs6f had a link to some Jersey or jax-rs documentation.16:43
acoburn: If we are using this to describe the version of a running repository, we will want to limit the following to one entry: https://gist.github.com/acoburn/810515ce2e2837a30a2f5084b4c49f3f#file-doap-ttl-L18-L25
acoburn: but otherwise, it looks great.
<acoburn>awoods: that's where the completeness of the doap file and the purpose of this ticket conflict a bit16:44
awoods: typically, a DOAP file will list all the releases
awoods: that is, the header link pointing at this DOAP file would only be to indicate that the server is a Fedora Server16:45
awoods: as for the version number, that would need to be handled separately
awoods: that's where the server header could be useful, since it typically takes the form of FedoraCommons/4.6.0
<awoods>acoburn: In which case we would potentially employ two headers? one for the fedora version (Server), and another for the DOAP document (TBD)16:47
<acoburn>awoods: right, something like that
awoods: gotta run16:48
afk
* acoburn leaves
* dbernstein leaves16:49
* coblej leaves16:53
* coblej joins16:56
* dbernstein joins17:04
* coblej leaves17:06
* dbernstein leaves17:43
* peichman joins21:39
* peichman leaves21:50
* whikloj leaves22:44
* whikloj joins22:45
* whikloj leaves23:02

Generated by Sualtam