Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* manez joins04:41
* manez leaves04:47
* manez joins05:42
* manez leaves05:46
* manez joins06:43
* manez leaves06:48
* manez joins07:44
* manez leaves07:48
* dwilcox joins07:53
* dwilcox leaves07:57
* manez joins08:00
* dwilcox joins08:03
* coblej joins08:07
* mohamedar joins08:11
* dhlamb joins08:26
* manez leaves08:30
* manez joins08:42
* github-ff joins08:57
[fcrepo4-vagrant] barmintor created hyconn2016 (+1 new commit): https://git.io/vPT3Q
fcrepo4-vagrant/hyconn2016 43570f6 Benjamin Armintor: base hydraconnect 2016 workshop configs
* github-ff leaves
* coblej leaves08:58
* coblej joins
* whikloj joins09:00
* bseeger joins09:07
* coblej leaves09:10
* coblej joins09:11
* coblej leaves09:25
* coblej joins09:26
* jgpawletko joins09:30
* peichman joins09:33
* ajs6f joins09:35
* coblej leaves10:00
* coblej joins10:04
* coblej leaves10:05
* coblej joins
<barmintor>ajs6f: that 401/403 joke was terrible and I look forward to inflicting it on someone
<ajs6f>barmintor: I feel like I just put a baby alligator down a storm sewer.10:10
* acoburn joins10:22
<bseeger>*had to go back to find the exciting conclusion to the joke.10:25
ajs6f: speaking of alligators and storm drains, this is a fun kids book: https://www.amazon.com/Great-Escape-Sewer-Story/dp/030713575610:32
<ajs6f>bseeger++ # always on the lookout for good kids' books10:34
acoburn: https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/pull/23
<acoburn>ajs6f: yes, I saw that
<ajs6f>acoburn: Say something nice and make Stian feel like he should keep working on it. :)10:35
<acoburn>ajs6f: will do! b/c I'd really like to see the jena impl be part of this
<ajs6f>acoburn: I would like that, and even more I would like that to happen without me having to do a lot of work.10:36
<acoburn>ajs6f: that can be the next big thing for the fcrepo kernel-api (move to use commons rdf)
<ajs6f>acoburn: I think the next big thing for the kernel API will be vertical stripes in bright colors. Brighten up your fall wardrobe!
<acoburn>ajs6f: I thought the fall season was going more for tulle and paisley10:38
<ajs6f>acoburn: Sounds like you are ready to join the Bangles.
afk bbs will posibly miss the first minutes of call, but will try not to10:44
* coblej leaves10:56
* ylchen joins10:58
* coblej_ joins
* jenlindner joins10:59
<whikloj>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-09-29+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting11:00
<bseeger>*is here*
* whikloj is here too
hola awoods
* ruebot is here
* escowles joins11:01
* kat3_drx joins11:02
Katherine here
* dhlamb is here
* ajs6f is here
<jenlindner>hello, i can't join the call today but will be following in here
<acoburn>I can take notes11:03
<ajs6f>acoburn++
<ruebot>danny b did notes on monday for perf/scale11:04
<whikloj>awoods/dbernstein: I'm pretty sure it was Marcus last week, but acoburn++
<kat3_drx>acoburn++
<acoburn>awoods: yes, I'm here
<ruebot>marcus barnes did notes last week for the tech meeting
<ajs6f>yup
<dhlamb>dbernstein did api-x11:06
<acoburn>I'm happy to relinquish that responsibility
<whikloj>fight fight fight
<escowles>rock paper scissors?
<dhlamb>no wait... performance and scaling
<ajs6f>whikloj++
<whikloj>all++
* kat3_drx1 joins11:07
<ajs6f>Now that you are unmuted we can hear you.11:08
<ruebot>vagrant box update
* kat3_drx leaves
<ruebot>it's happened11:09
if you do a vagrant up, it'll tell you there is a new one available11:10
<ajs6f>Can we have a link to that page?11:13
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Release+Testing+-+4.7.0
<ruebot>https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/boxes/versioning.html -- "Version Constraints" -- looks like we can.
i can do a bunch of testing today and tomorrow.
<ajs6f>You may want to ping apb18 about that— he's been good in the past about helping with Wintesting.11:14
No, I will watch whikloj reach out.
<whikloj>ajs6f++
<ajs6f>ajs6f--
* thomz leaves11:15
<ajs6f>And not just whikloj's patience.11:19
<acoburn>ajs6f: I thought I fixed the build machinery so that we can get around that issue now11:23
<ruebot>whikloj: https://gist.github.com/ruebot/35d3d36f6fcee36bc31e90106599216d11:25
<ajs6f>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-224911:29
<ylchen>who will go there?11:31
me too
<ajs6f>barmintor is going to be there.
And he will be introducing a new friend of his.11:32
<ylchen>++11:35
<whikloj>REAL!!!
<bseeger>Sounds great
<ajs6f>You need a bullwhip and a top hat.11:36
<bseeger>ajs6f: cat herding!11:37
<ajs6f>"If you want to herd cats, tilt the floor." — Thorny Staples
but then, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlKYtLlvRlU11:38
<whikloj>acoburn++11:41
lol11:42
<acoburn>https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/releases11:46
<awoods>https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/releases
<ruebot>https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/releases/tag/fcrepo-camel-toolbox-4.6.1
* kat3_drx1 leaves11:47
<ruebot>acoburn++11:48
<ajs6f>acoburn++
automated_assertions++
not_doing_manual_testing++11:49
Future People!
<ruebot>awoods++
<ajs6f>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAbkh4TMRqg
* kat3_drx joins11:50
* kat3_drx leaves
<whikloj>ruebot: Not sure what I did there, want to try again?11:52
<ruebot>whikloj: try what again?11:53
<whikloj>ruebot: your jetty-console test
<ruebot>whikloj: did you add a new jar file?11:56
<whikloj>ruebot: yes, I re-built it. When I downloaded that one, it failed for me too. Which is why I say "Not sure what I did there"11:57
<ruebot>whikloj: ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. fires up wget11:58
<escowles>gotta drop for another call, talk to you later
* ylchen leaves12:00
<ruebot>whikloj: good to go now.12:01
<whikloj>ruebot++12:02
<ruebot>ajs6f: i'm still around for fixity.
<ajs6f>ruebot++
ruebot: you want to be lead on that?12:03
* coblej_ leaves
<ajs6f>ruebot: Because I'll do that— I'm just crazy enough to do it!
ruebot:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOzOdj7JmfE
<ruebot>ajs6f: noooooooooooooooooooooooooo12:04
ajs6f: i _think_ it is almost there. barminator and i spent a few hours with it back in august. but, haven't had any time since then.
* jenlindner leaves12:05
<ajs6f>ruebot: Yeah, I think you ground it down to "there's a fixity resource and its versioned"
<dbernstein>Tech meeting notes: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-09-29+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting12:06
<ruebot>ajs6f: yeah. ...but, i'm still inclined to say fixity shouldn't be apart of the spec, and should be done at an even lower level. so ...................12:07
* coblej_ joins12:08
<ruebot>awoods: do you want me to tag 4.7.0-RC vagrant to a specific box? if so, I can.
<ajs6f>ruebot: Hm. You know there are political ramifications to that idea.
<ruebot>ajs6f: yup :-)12:09
whikloj: two builds of fcrepo-vagrant on 4.7.0-RC are not working for me. fcrepo is failing on tomcat start up. ... i'll try a fresh clone and try again.12:10
<ajs6f>ruebot: I'm not against it. Although there are interesting ideas with fixity beginning to become available and Fedora is actually a pretty natural community in which to explore them. http://dericed.com/papers/reconsidering-the-checksum-for-audiovisual-preservation/12:11
<whikloj>ruebot: calgon take me away
<ajs6f>whikloj: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C2xxM2srAI
<awoods>ruebot: re:4.7.0-RC basebox version... presumably you would peg it to the basebox you just release... it all the vagrant testing passes on that basebox.12:12
ruebot: s/just release/just released/
<whikloj>ajs6f++
<ajs6f>whikloj: Just trying to prevent you from getting work done.12:13
<ruebot>awoods: cool. shall we do that once testing has completed?12:15
awoods: if so, i'll create a ticket and assign it to myself... or make jared do it if the release happens while i'm in berlin.
<awoods>ruebot: can we set the basebox version now, and change it if testing dictates a change being necessary?12:16
<ruebot>awoods: sure. shall i just do a PR, or do you want a JIRA ticket to go along with it?12:17
<awoods>ruebot: a ticket is always a good idea.
ruebot: thanks
<ruebot>...and I think vagrant is busted on master and 4.7.0-RC right now.12:18
<awoods>ruebot: good to know
ruebot: do you have any idea why?
<ruebot>https://gist.github.com/ruebot/82ea2a368b7b98c1c40796e30526bf68#file-catalina-out-L117
...and12:19
==> default: Error executing command: No matching features for fcrepo-camel-ldpath/0.0.0
* bseeger leaves
<awoods>ruebot: does startup of fcrepo fail?
<ruebot>awoods: yep. solr and fuseki are there. but, fcrepo is a no go.12:20
<whikloj>ruebot: you are the finder of my facepalms
ruebot: https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo4-vagrant/blob/4.7.0-RC/install_scripts/config#L15
<ruebot>whikloj: so the tables have turned jared!!!!!!!!12:21
whikloj: but, it is also failing on master.
<whikloj>RUEBOT !!!!!!
* acoburn leaves
<whikloj>ruebot: ok, I'm re-cloning and trying it agani12:22
<ruebot>whikloj++
<whikloj>agani the other side of again
<ruebot>awoods: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-215712:30
awoods: sorry... https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2250
* github-ff joins12:31
[fcrepo4-vagrant] ruebot created FCREPO-2157 (+1 new commit): https://git.io/vPTQo
fcrepo4-vagrant/FCREPO-2157 1bdcd4d nruest: Pin to specific base box version; address FCREPO-2250.
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>ruebot: can we have a similar ticket for: https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo4-vagrant/tree/4.6.0-maintenance12:32
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4-vagrant] ruebot opened pull request #60: Pin to specific base box version; address FCREPO-2250. (4.7.0-RC...FCREPO-2157) https://git.io/vPTQD
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods: yessir
<ajs6f>awoods: Thanks for chiming in on the LDPNext list. It's good to know that you've got my back.12:33
<awoods>ruebot: your spacing looks a little odd: https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo4-vagrant/blob/1bdcd4d27309a5771df2df3c40594175a4c2b564/Vagrantfile
ruebot: is that intentional
ajs6f: did you ever doubt it?
<ajs6f>awoods: I knew someone had my back, but I didn't know who. For a while it might be this guy: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/07/michael_mastromarino_nj_mastermind_of_body-parts_theft_ring_dies_of_cancer.html12:34
<ruebot>awoods: it looks fine locally for me.... that's weird.
<ajs6f>"It seems like this in this case, what goes around really does come around," said Karen Delre, a Hazlet resident whose father, James Thornton Sr., was one of Mastromarino’s victims. "When I think of my father, this is the first thing I always think about. He’s not resting in peace. He’s resting in pieces."12:35
CLASSIC!
<ruebot>awoods: give me a sec... testing 4.6.0 PR, and i'll see if I didn't do something silly.\12:36
<whikloj>ruebot: hmm my vagrant came up12:42
* coblej joins12:44
<ruebot>awoods: the whitespace in that file is all weird. fixing.12:46
whikloj: aye, i'll check again here in a moment.
<whikloj>ruebot: maybe it is VirtualBox and vagrant versions?
* coblej_ leaves
<whikloj>trying another vagrant up
* github-ff joins12:47
[fcrepo4-vagrant] ruebot created FCREPO-2251 (+1 new commit): https://git.io/vPTFv
fcrepo4-vagrant/FCREPO-2251 0d4d42c nruest: Pin to specific base box version; address FCREPO-2251.
* github-ff leaves
<escowles>ruebot: whikloj: btw, i had an issue a few days ago with vagrant 1.8.1, and upgrading to vagrant 1.8.5 fixed it
* github-ff joins12:48
[fcrepo4-vagrant] ruebot opened pull request #61: Pin to specific base box version; address FCREPO-2251. (4.6.0-maintenance...FCREPO-2251) https://git.io/vPTFU
* github-ff leaves
<whikloj>ruebot: also I noticed you are pinning the version at 0.1.4, when I look at `vagrant box list` I see
fcrepo/fcrepo4-base (virtualbox, 4.4.0)
<ruebot>whikloj: oh, you have to delete that old version of the basebox. that's when we did the version number as the release number.12:49
whikloj: cd ~/.vagrant.d/boxes - delete it from there.
* github-ff joins12:51
[fcrepo4-vagrant] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to FCREPO-2157: https://git.io/vPTF1
fcrepo4-vagrant/FCREPO-2157 6e24eed nruest: formatting
* github-ff leaves
<whikloj>ruebot: ok, can we test the base-box version in Vagrant and throw an error if its > 1.0.0
or even > 4.0.0
<ruebot>whikloj: hrm... possibly... the Vagrant file is just ruby...12:52
whikloj: this for master? because in the two pulls I just did, it pins to a specific version.12:53
* cbeer joins12:54
<ruebot>whikloj: 4.7.0 is working for me fine now. that's weird.12:55
<whikloj>ruebot: I guess, but I never deleted my old version because I didn't realize I needed to.
ruebot: and I get no message about updating my base box
<ruebot>whikloj: i sent an email out to the list in oct 2015!
<whikloj>ruebot: yeah sure and I also file my taxes on time
<ruebot>whikloj: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/8a6ceb46c708af3e3f3bd4273a6b6c3d -- that look right for indexing? testing yinlin's issue now.12:56
<whikloj>ruebot: I'll delete and see what happens.
<ruebot>whikloj: oh, but wait. that's 4.7.0-RC with 4.6.0 :-)
<whikloj>ruebot: right12:57
ruebot: I'll fix that with a PR right now too.
<ruebot>whikloj++
* github-ff joins13:27
[fcrepo4-vagrant] whikloj opened pull request #62: Must pull correct version for RC (4.7.0-RC...4.7.0-RC) https://git.io/vPThl
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins13:34
[fcrepo4-vagrant] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to 4.7.0-RC: https://git.io/vPTj7
fcrepo4-vagrant/4.7.0-RC 7fe55c3 Jared Whiklo: Must pull correct version for RC (#62)
* github-ff leaves
* acoburn joins13:41
awoods: re ticket review, this one would be nice to do sooner, since it will lead to conflicts w/ the jcr.Session changes: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/110113:45
* mohamedar leaves13:48
<dbernstein>Looking at the release testing page, I’m wondering if anyone would find it useful to create a set of selenium tests to cover the manual ui tests.13:51
I see the fcrepo4-tests scripts there: I’m wondering if it would be useful to automate those guys13:53
and make it an optional part of the build.
* acoburn leaves
* bseeger joins
<whikloj>dbernstein: yes yes for all that is holy YES!13:54
dbernstein: I started to learn some Selenium but never got back to it.
https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-tests/tree/html-ui-tests
* ajs6f leaves13:55
<awoods>acoburn: thanks, I will push fcrepo-2005 up on my list.
* escowles leaves
<awoods>dbernstein: as I recall, including Selenium as a part of the build process requires OS-specific plugins, no?13:56
* coblej leaves13:57
<dbernstein>possibly - not sure what the current state of affairs is.
<awoods>dbernstein: I like the idea... however.
* coblej joins
<whikloj>awoods/dbernstein: Sorry I wouldn't add these tests to every build, that seems wasteful. But as part of an extra toolkit
<awoods>whikloj: sounds like you are caveating "yes yes for all that is holy YES!"13:58
* coblej leaves13:59
<dbernstein>sure - I was thinking it could either be added into a maven profile or it could be a separate toolkit.
<whikloj>awoods: I think I got over excited by the first statement and let the last one wash over me
* coblej joins
<awoods>whikloj: dbernstein has that effect
<whikloj>dbernstein: I'd vote for separate toolkit, because as awoods mentions you need either a) access to the browser to test or b) access to an external set of selenium servers running those browsers and a web accessible test machine14:00
<dbernstein>sure that makes sense.14:02
* coblej leaves14:03
* ylchen joins14:05
* coblej joins
* westgard joins14:09
* coblej leaves14:10
* coblej joins14:12
* westgard leaves
* westgard joins14:14
Is anyone on the pcdm filesets Hangout?
I am unable to join the hangout
<ylchen>me too, and look like I join to the wrong meeting XD14:16
* westgard1 joins14:18
* westgard leaves14:20
<ylchen>westgard: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/artic.edu/pcdm-filesets (edited)
* ylchen leaves14:21
* manez leaves14:23
* mohamedar joins
<dbernstein>whikloj: it looks like you already started working on selenium tests using python (looking at your html-ui-tests branch (https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-tests/tree/html-ui-tests/). What state is that in?14:29
* coblej leaves14:33
* coblej joins
<westgard1>ylchen: thanks! trying that now14:36
* westgard1 leaves
* westgard joins14:38
<whikloj>dbernstein: stagnant, I haven't done anything on that lately14:39
* westgard leaves14:41
* westgard joins14:44
* westgard leaves15:07
* ajs6f joins15:18
* manez joins15:24
* manez leaves15:28
* manez joins15:32
<whikloj>awoods: If I want to execute mvn jetty:run but with a different port than 8080 is there a configurable property for that?15:42
<awoods>whikloj: I would have to look it up... but maybe -Djetty.port ?15:43
<whikloj>awoods: ok, that sounds like it would be part of the maven plugin. I'll check their docs. I thought it might be a Fcrepo thing15:44
<awoods>whikloj: no, it is a jetty plugin thing15:45
<whikloj>awoods++ # mvn -Djetty.http.port=7979 jetty:run15:46
<awoods>whikloj: great
* mjgiarlo leaves15:56
* dwilcox leaves16:07
* mjgiarlo joins16:11
* manez leaves16:20
* coblej leaves16:29
* bseeger leaves16:32
* coblej joins16:33
* manez joins16:38
* dhlamb leaves16:40
* ajs6f leaves16:53
* coblej leaves17:00
* coblej joins17:01
* dwilcox joins17:05
* coblej leaves17:11
* manez leaves17:20
* mohamedar leaves17:21
* peichman leaves17:37
* peichman joins17:53
* peichman leaves
* whikloj leaves18:00
* manez joins18:01
* peichman joins18:19
* peichman leaves
* manez leaves18:31
* peichman joins19:13
* peichman leaves19:31
* manez joins19:32
* manez leaves19:36
* mohamedar joins19:46
* mohamedar leaves20:13
* manez joins20:33
* manez leaves20:37
* mohamedar joins20:59
* dwilcox leaves21:14
* dwilcox joins21:15
* dwilcox leaves21:19
* mohamedar leaves21:22
* manez joins21:33
* manez leaves21:38
* manez joins22:06
* manez leaves22:36
* manez joins23:37
* manez leaves23:41
* manez joins00:38
* manez leaves00:42
* manez joins01:38
* manez leaves01:43
* manez joins02:39
* manez leaves02:43
* thomz joins03:05
* manez joins03:40
* manez leaves03:44