Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dwilcox joins01:31
* dwilcox_ joins01:54
* dwilcox leaves
* dwilcox_ leaves02:12
* thomz joins02:43
* youn joins06:59
* github-ff joins07:12
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles pushed 1 new commit to uri-translation: https://git.io/vi49j
fcrepo-import-export/uri-translation 1de704b Esmé Cowles: Updating source option name and description
* github-ff leaves
* youn leaves07:14
* youn joins07:20
* youn leaves07:34
* youn joins07:51
* coblej joins08:14
* manez joins08:17
* youn leaves08:34
* apb18 joins
* westgard joins08:43
* youn joins08:44
<westgard>[Import/Export Sprint]08:53
* Completed yesterday:
- FCREPO-21{66,67,68} pull request
- Wrote up and filed FCREPO-2186 (error caused by malformed SPARQL)
- Tested LUBM data load scripts
* Planning on completing today:
- FCREPO-2189 (add checksum lists, README, etc. to dataset)
- build and run import/emport tools08:54
* Blockers
- None, but I may be a few minutes late to the 3:30 ET meeting
* dhlamb joins08:58
* ajs6f joins09:00
* whikloj joins09:03
* acoburn joins09:06
* mikeAtUVa joins09:09
<youn>[Import/Export Standup]09:12
* Completed yesterday: added ub types and consolidated sparql queries for lubm data set
* Planning on completing today: add indirect containers for publications; try using sleep to be able to load and update data
* Blockers / Need help with: none (known yet)
<mikeAtUVa> [Import/Export Standup]09:18
* Completed yesterday:
- https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2163
- https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2181
* Planning on completing today:
- testing, bugfixes, documentation improvements
* Blockers / Need help with:
- None
* amccarty joins09:19
<escowles>[import/export standup]:09:20
* yesterday: worked on uri translation (fcrepo-2180)09:21
* today: get that done, fix external content, then look at other bugs
* blockers: none
* thomz leaves09:30
* peichman joins09:39
* peichman leaves09:40
* bseeger joins09:43
<awoods>[Import/Export Standup]
* Completed yesterday:
- Reported two bugs:
** ERROR on export of dataset: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2187
** ERROR on import of dataset: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2188
* Planning on completing today:
- Testing
* Blockers / Need help with:
- None
<bseeger>[Import/Export Standup]09:44
* Completed Yesterday:
- Start of test part of test plan
* Planning on completing today:
- Look at test plan and merge test section with what Josh Westgard added.
- May write a script to attempt to verify that export/import worked. This would
be something that would look at exported n-triple files and sort & diff them w/ fedora files via very basic
mechanisms.
* Blockers / Need help with:
- None
* justinsimpson joins09:49
[Import/Export Standup]09:50
* Completed yesterday:
worked on https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2143 and
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2144
* Planning on completing today:
will complete updates on wiki for
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2143 https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2144 https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2145
before the meeting this afternoon09:51
* Blockers / Need help with:
none
<awoods>bseeger: could you create a ticket for: write a script to attempt to verify that export/import ?09:52
<bseeger>awoods: sure
<awoods>justinsimpson: The sooner you can get your notes on the wiki, the sooner we can test/review them.09:53
westgard: Did you have success with loading the LUBM dataset? Has anyone?09:54
<ruebot>awoods: i did!
<awoods>ruebot: do we have a /fcr:backup of that data?
ruebot: that would make it easier for the rest of us to use.09:55
<ruebot>awoods: i could make that a priority, if that would be desired.
<awoods>ruebot: It is the only other dataset we have for testing. westgard's dataset has already surfaced some bugs.
<bseeger>justinsimpson: I had success loading the data as well.09:56
<ruebot>awoods: i shall do it!
<bseeger>ruebot++
<awoods>bseeger: did you happen to then run export followed by import on that data?
<bseeger>awoods; no, not yet09:57
<justinsimpson>awoods understood, it will be a couple hours before the wiki is updated
<awoods>bseeger/ruebot: that is the key... does the dataset round-trip.
<bseeger>awoods: I can check that in a few minutes
<awoods>bseeger: awesome
escowles: do you think your work on https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2188 will overlap with https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2187 ?09:58
escowles: if not, maybe it would make sense for mikeAtUVa to give https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2187 a look?09:59
<escowles>awoods: i don't think they'll overlap (i'm just getting a PR together to allow disabling redirects in fcrepo-java-client)10:01
so i think mikeAtUVa could pick up 2187, or i'll get to it shortly if not10:02
<ruebot>awoods: https://gist.github.com/ruebot/f9f7b327e97be0774713f864749882d5 -- did i do something wrong there?10:04
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-java-client] escowles created disable-redirects (+1 new commit): https://git.io/viBJN
fcrepo-java-client/disable-redirects 74b5974 Esmé Cowles: Allow disabling redirects
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins10:06
[fcrepo-java-client] escowles opened pull request #21: Allow disabling redirects (master...disable-redirects) https://git.io/viBU8
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins10:07
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles created external-content (+1 new commit): https://git.io/viBUE
fcrepo-import-export/external-content 5f26a20 Esmé Cowles: Fix retrieving external content
* github-ff leaves
<bseeger>awoods: for the lumb data set - is there some general set up to it? Ie, should I see X departments and Y Professors?10:08
awoods; LUBM dataset that is
<westgard>awoods: in my test, the loader for LUBM ran for close to an hour, then the Vagrant crashed (I think it had about 2GB allocated, and that was full the whole time it was running).
<bseeger>westgard: the loader being the bash script in the dataset?10:09
<westgard>bseeger: yes
* github-ff joins10:10
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles force-pushed external-content from 5f26a20 to 2b3fc54: https://git.io/viBUQ
fcrepo-import-export/external-content 2b3fc54 Esmé Cowles: Fix exporting of external content resources
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client#68 (disable-redirects - 74b5974 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/commit/74b5974ee536
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/builds/158743595
* travis-ci leaves
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: wait, i think i'm working the wrong ticket10:12
<westgard>Suffice it to say, it seems highly memory-intensive. I haven't had a chance to investigate whether there is some issue with the way the script is interacting with Fedora that makes it so taxing
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: i'm putting in a PR to fix the export, but i took the import ticket...10:13
* github-ff joins10:14
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles opened pull request #29: Fix exporting of external content resources (master...external-content) https://git.io/viBTs
* github-ff leaves
<youn>Sorry before doing the backup restore would you mind waiting for me to repost?10:15
I've added the ub types to the sparql updates; I won't bother with LDPC for this sprint10:16
<bseeger>westgard - I suspect it's just labor intensive. I didn't have an issue with it on my mac. (I don't generally use vagrant, for better or worse)10:17
<youn>in the readme I will also clarify where rest url can be updated; i should have it up within the hour10:18
<mikeAtUVa>escowles: you can have it... I noticed we were doing the same thing when you make the Http-java-client PR.
escowles: does the default redirect behavior redirect for HEAD requests too?10:19
<westgard>bseeger: thx -- yeah, I guess SPARQL algebra is just that way sometimes
<bseeger>westgard: if I load it again, I will watch the memory cpu consumption and see what that looks like.10:20
westgard: memory and cpu, that is
* acoburn leaves
* acoburn joins
<westgard>bseeger++
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: no, fcrepo doesn't send a redirect for HEADs, just for GETs
<bseeger>westgard, awoods: to note, though, I am using the 4.7 SNAPSHOT. Let me know if you feel strongly that I should use 4.6.10:21
<ajs6f>escowles: But server side it should, right? https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2022
* amccarty leaves
* amccarty joins10:22
<escowles>ajs6f: oh, i think i'm running 4.5.1 locally — i'll spin up 4.6 or 4.7 and see what it's doing now
<ajs6f>escowles: Your guess is as good as mine. And we are committers.10:23
<escowles>ajs6f: a complicated implementation of a bunch of complicated specs by a bunch of distracted devs... what could go wrong?
<westgard>bseeger: btw, regarding the test plan doc, sorry about taking the easy way out and plopping my edits on top. The doc is long and I punted.
<mikeAtUVa>escowles: that's not what I'm seeing... I get a 307 status code on a HEAD
* amccarty_ joins10:24
<ruebot>youn, bseeger, awoods: i think i'm good on the import/export of the LUMB dataset. give me a couple seconds to verify, and if so, i'll do a pull request to the sample dataset repo.
* amccarty leaves
<bseeger>westgard: no problem. I'm not sure what I started was going in the right direction or not, so it was good to see your stuff. I was wondering how specific to get.
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: yes, i'm seeing that in 4.7, so i'll update https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/pull/2110:25
<awoods>bseeger: certainly the destination of the import should be 4.7.0-snapshot
<ruebot>youn, bseeger, awoods: ok. we're good.10:26
<awoods>escowles/mikeAtUVa: fcrepo does actually send redirects for HEADs: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/1aeada253499b771409c92b2309d6ec11a58d7cc10:28
<escowles>awoods: yes, i was using 4.5.1, so was seeing the old behavior...
<ruebot>awoods: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-sample-dataset/pull/910:29
^^ youn, bseeger
<awoods>ruebot: did we ever have a ticket for youn's dataset?10:30
<bseeger>ruebot++
<ruebot>awoods: i don't think so. i'm not seeing anything.10:31
<awoods>ruebot: oh well
<ruebot>youn: do you recall us ever creating a ticket?
* peichman joins
<awoods>ruebot: that would have helped specify youn's target.
<ruebot>escowles, escowles: the two of you are cracking away at development, right?
awoods: totally10:32
<escowles>ruebot: yep, me and my tapeworm are working those external content bugs
<ruebot>westgard, youn, bseeger: how are we on these tickets? https://jira.duraspace.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20FCREPO%20AND%20issuetype%20%3D%20Documentation%20AND%20status%20in%20%28Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%2C%20%22In%20Review%22%2C%20Received%29%20AND%20component%20%3D%20f4-import-export10:33
escowles++
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-java-client] escowles pushed 1 new commit to disable-redirects: https://git.io/viBtW
fcrepo-java-client/disable-redirects 97c299c Esmé Cowles: Allow disabling redirects for HEAD requests, too
* github-ff leaves
<youn>ruebot: no. could i upload a new zip with ub types included in the sparql?
<ruebot>justinsimpson: sorry, i should include you in that documentation ticket list too.
youn: i'm not sure what you mean. do you want to update the current dataset that we're moving forward with https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-sample-dataset/pull/9 ?10:34
<dhlamb>apb18: having issues spinning up the API-X POC stuff with docker. got a minute?10:35
<ruebot>escowles: anything i can do to help out on your end? testing or anything?10:36
<escowles>ruebot: i don't think so — i've got redirects disabled in the java-client now, so i'm just updated the exporter to handle that, then i'll work on importing them10:37
<awoods>ruebot/bseeger: I see 16 resources in lubm... is that what you get?
ruebot/bseeger: top-level resources, that is
<ruebot>awoods: yep
<awoods>ruebot: great... now for the round-tripping10:38
<youn>ruebot: i think you guys have not done the sparql updates? am i right? did you only put the nodes or add properties?
<ruebot>youn: i just did the import. didn't add properties.10:39
youn: we can put the sample dataset PR on hold if need be, and I can run those scripts fairly quickly.
<youn>ruebot: please let me post a new zip and please redo the import export on the new zip load nodes then add sparql updates
<escowles>ruebot: has anybody tested importing and exporting DirectContainers and IndirectContainers yet? i suspect we'll wind up with duplicate triples, but wouldn't be surprised if they totally failed10:40
<ruebot>youn: what's the timeline look like?
escowles: awoods and I were just chatting about that, and I don't think so. i could work on creating a dataset for that after my 11-12 meeting.10:41
<bseeger>awoods: I see 16
<escowles>ruebot++
<bseeger>awoods: my first pass at import failed with a 403 being thrown on many, if not all, of the objects. Looking at my config
<ruebot>escowles: does your 10k objects testing scripts create direct and indirect containers? if so, i can just run that, and do an export.10:42
<youn>ruebot: 1 hr
<ruebot>youn: do it!
<escowles>ruebot: yes, they create IndirectContainers, which is what i'm most worried about
<bseeger>awoods: "Access to the specified resource has been forbidden."10:43
<awoods>bseeger: that is odd... you must have WebAC configured on your F4.
<ruebot>escowles: this one? https://gist.github.com/escowles/43e434979c9fd3762cb1ad1225655abf
<awoods>bseeger: my export appears to have succeeded...
bseeger now for re-import
<bseeger>oh, I am using webapps-plus with webacls, but I didn't configure anything specifically (I'm rather ignorant in this area)10:44
<escowles>ruebot: https://gist.github.com/escowles/43e434979c9fd3762cb1ad1225655abf#file-10k-members-sh
<ruebot>escowles++
<escowles>and you can change MAX to something less than 10000 to make it run faster :-)
<ruebot>escowles: i'll fire that up now.
<awoods>bseeger/justinsimpson/youn/westgard: could one of you please add a description of what you, as a stakeholder, would like to see in the audit logs:
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-216910:45
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2170
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles pushed 1 new commit to external-content: https://git.io/viBm2
fcrepo-import-export/external-content aaf2b18 Esmé Cowles: Disabling redirects for HEAD requests too
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods++
<awoods>escowles/mikeAtUVa: it is very nice that the export and import args are the same. It makes round-tripping easy.10:46
* coblej leaves10:48
<awoods>ruebot/bseeger: I am getting a WARNing on the re-import of LUBM10:50
<escowles>awoods: indeed — nice to flip the export/import switch for round-tripping
<awoods>ruebot/bseeger: WARN 10:47:46.284 (Importer) Error while importing /tmp/awoods/test/x/rdf/rest/Department14.University0.edu/AssociateProfessor6.ttl (500): javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: Cannot find a definition for the property named 'fedora:lastModified' on the node at '/Department14.University0.edu/AssociateProfessor6' with primary type 'nt:folder' and mixin types: [ldp:Container,ldp:RDFSource,fedora:Pairtree]
* travis-ci joins10:51
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client#70 (disable-redirects - 97c299c : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/compare/74b5974ee536...97c299c33d37
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/builds/158751484
* travis-ci leaves
<awoods>escowles: I though triples like "fedora:lastModified" were being filtered out.
<escowles>awoods: they should be filtered out on import
awoods: by this: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/blob/master/fcrepo-import/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/importer/Importer.java#L16110:52
maybe the kernel is updating lastModified internally? isn't it calling touch() when there's an update?10:53
<awoods>ruebot/bseeger: re-import of LUBM looks different than the original... there are now 4261 top-level resources.
escowles: I get the above warning when round-tripping the LUBM dataset.10:54
escowles: I will create a ticket
ruebot/youn: I think we should keep the current LUBM dataset... because it surfaces an error.
<mikeAtUVa>ruebot: awoods: would it be useful to write some more integration tests (there's a lot not covered there like import, the config file format, etc.)10:55
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: yes... but maybe not via executing the jar.10:56
mikeAtUVa: would it make sense to add integration test capabilities within the import and export packages?
<ruebot>awoods: stub agenda here: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Import+-+Export+Sprint+Meetings10:57
<awoods>mikeAtUVa/escowles: which would be easier if we simplified Import/Export package structure.
<ruebot>**disappearing for an hour... back around 12PM EST**
escowles: your script is done, i'll do an export when i get back.10:58
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: I'd probably rather not slow down the build by spinning up fedora for multiple sets of tests.
<escowles>awoods: mikeAtUVa: yes, i think it would be better — in fact i think we could flatten down to a single package, given that we have a total of 10 classes
<mikeAtUVa>should I do 2185 then?10:59
<escowles>or perhaps a single module with a few packages
<awoods>mikeAtUVa/escowles: exactly: a single module with a few packages, like:
org.fcrepo.importexport.import
org.fcrepo.importexport.export
org.fcrepo.importexport.common
org.fcrepo.importexport.driver
<escowles>awoods: yes, that sounds good to me11:00
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: if you work that ticket, creating integration tests will be easier.
<escowles>awoods: mikeAtUVa: my only concern is that it is certain to make rebasing anything after that hard, so if we want to get anything else done today...11:01
<awoods>bseeger: fyi, for my testing, I just use "mvn jetty:run -pl fcrepo-webapp"
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: I have an alternate schedule today (some of my work hours will be late tonight or tomorrow... should I just do 2185 and add some integration tests when the dust settles after the meeting this afternoon?
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: that seems like the perfect time to do it11:02
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: ok
mikeAtUVa: does that mean you will not be around today?
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: I'll be around intermittently.11:03
awoods: I usually get about 4-6 hours of work during normal hours and 2-4 done at a later time.
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: maybe on the retrospective call we can coordinate final work to be done.11:04
* coblej joins
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: sounds good.
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: would you mind creating a ticket for more integration tests? maybe with some details on the nature of those tests.11:06
<bseeger>awoods: thanks. From what I understand, the webacl stuff shouldn't be an issue if I'm using fedoraAdmin (which I am). I think I may just switch to using jetty, like you're doing, for now.
* justinsimpson leaves
<awoods>bseeger: yes, there is auth support in import/export... it would be good to know if that is not working.
<bseeger>awoods: I'll keep looking at it for a few more minutes. I have a few thoughts on what's going on.11:10
* manez leaves11:11
* mikeAtUVa might not have added the "-u" parameter to any usage documentation (though it is spit out by the help message)11:12
awoods: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2192 if you want to add specific testing deficiencies (basically anything we uncover in manual testing should be incorperated into integration tests IMO)11:13
<awoods>bseeger/justinsimpson/youn/westgard: could one of you please add a description of what you, as a stakeholder, would like to see in the audit logs:11:14
* manez joins
<awoods>bseeger/justinsimpson/youn/westgard: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-216911:16
bseeger/justinsimpson/youn/westgard: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2170
<westgard>awoods: yes, but I'm afraid I won't get to it before the wrap up meeting. currently receiving heavy bombardment from all directions
<awoods>westgard: stay safe... I will avoid targeting you :)11:17
bseeger/justinsimpson/youn: ^^ ?
<bseeger>awoods: I added a comment to both bugs - let me know if I should add some more details.11:20
<youn>awoods: sorry not sure what i'm supposed to do? are you asking if we want it assigned to us?11:21
<awoods>youn: bseeger took care of it. I was asking for a clear description in those tickets.11:22
* github-ff joins11:24
[fcrepo-java-client] escowles force-pushed disable-redirects from 97c299c to 7185383: https://git.io/viBcJ
fcrepo-java-client/disable-redirects 7185383 Esmé Cowles: Allow disabling redirects
* github-ff leaves
* dchandekstark joins11:30
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client#72 (disable-redirects - 7185383 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/compare/97c299c33d37...71853830081d
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/builds/158765699
* travis-ci leaves
<awoods>bseeger/justinsimpson/youn/westgard: As a reminder... we are depending on you to give final sign-off on the sprint regarding your satisfaction as it relates to general functionality (based on your testing) and clarity and completeness of documentation.11:37
bseeger/justinsimpson/youn/westgard: If you would like to chat about how to do that, I would be more than happy to have a call.
* bseeger leaves11:44
<awoods>escowles: I will merge as soon as you squash: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/2711:45
<youn>ruebot: new zip: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B42p4oXygqHfS2J6MmRoNEQ4WEU ; update fedora properties in init_ns.sh, put_nodes.sh, *.ru in sparql and its subdirectories, update_properties.sh; run init_ns.sh, put_nodes.sh, update_properties.sh (i get a 405 error on the last script; i hope its just me)
awoods: if there is time, i would like to run import export on test data to confirm11:48
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles force-pushed uri-translation from 1de704b to 473a22c: https://git.io/vi8ax
fcrepo-import-export/uri-translation 473a22c Esmé Cowles: Translating URIs on import
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>youn: that would be great
youn: let me know if I can help11:49
* github-ff joins11:50
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles created import-external-content (+1 new commit): https://git.io/viB8E
fcrepo-import-export/import-external-content cf7aeb9 Esmé Cowles: Fix importing external content
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins11:52
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles deleted import-external-content at cf7aeb9: https://git.io/viB8i
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles created binary-import (+1 new commit): https://git.io/viB8E
fcrepo-import-export/binary-import cf7aeb9 Esmé Cowles: Fix importing external content
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-import-export] awoods deleted uri-translation at 473a22c: https://git.io/viB81
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins11:53
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles opened pull request #30: Fix importing binary content (master...binary-import) https://git.io/viB8H
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:12
[fcrepo-java-client] escowles pushed 1 new commit to disable-redirects: https://git.io/viBRr
fcrepo-java-client/disable-redirects e3a011e Esmé Cowles: Address code review comments
* github-ff leaves
* bseeger joins12:14
* travis-ci joins12:16
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client#74 (disable-redirects - e3a011e : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/compare/71853830081d...e3a011e25f40
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/builds/158778761
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins12:17
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles force-pushed binary-import from cf7aeb9 to 0147d5a: https://git.io/viB0c
fcrepo-import-export/binary-import 0147d5a Esmé Cowles: Fix importing external content
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods/bseeger/justinsimpson/youn/westgard: i'm free for a pre-call if need be.12:22
<bseeger>ruebot: I'm available til 1 if folks want to touch base12:26
<youn>ruebot: I'll be here until 3:30 ET. Thanks!12:29
<ruebot>youn: will you be on our 3PM debrief call that we scheduled last week?12:32
err, 3:30PM
<youn>Yes. Please let me know if you are having any probs with the new zip.
<ruebot>youn: just got back a few moments ago. haven't looked at it yet.12:33
youn: how would you like me to proceed with your dataset? just import it using put_nodes.sh? or run everything?12:38
<youn>ruebot: update fedora properties in init_ns.sh, put_nodes.sh, *.ru in sparql and its subdirectories, update_properties.sh; run init_ns.sh, put_nodes.sh, update_properties.sh (I get a 405 error on update_properties.sh)
<bseeger>ruebot, awoods: I'm here til 2:45 if someone wants to talk about sign-off12:41
* dhlamb leaves12:42
<ruebot>bseeger: cool. i'll wait on awoods, and then we can hop on a line if need be.
* dhlamb joins
<bseeger>ruebot: sounds good12:43
<awoods>I'm here... just writing up tickets for bugs surfaced by youn's initial dataset.
<ruebot>bseeger++12:44
youn: "*.ru in sparql and its subdirectories" -- what's that?12:48
youn: i've done - init_ns.sh, put_nodes.sh12:49
<youn>ruebot: there's a directory called sparql with *.ru files. the rest url needs to be updated if you're not using vagrant. thanks!
* coblej leaves12:53
<ruebot>youn: i've updated the rest urls. is that all "*.ru in sparql and its subdirectories" is alluding to? run update_properties.sh now?
<awoods>ruebot/mikeAtUVa: if you have a chance, please review/merge: https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/pull/21
<youn>ruebot: yes, the rest url appears in object uris in the ru files. if they are good, then yes. thanks!12:54
<awoods>ruebot/mikeAtUVa: related to: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2191 and https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2187
<ruebot>youn: HTTP 405 Method Not Allowed12:56
awoods: merging
awoods: i'll wait on escowles_lunch to see if he wants to squash or me to squash12:57
<awoods>ruebot: great
<youn>ruebot: could you please take a look at the curl commands in update_properties.sh? I used this example: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA4x/RESTful+HTTP+API#RESTfulHTTPAPI-GreenPATCHModifythetriplesassociatedwitharesourcewithSPARQL-Update
* github-ff joins12:59
[fcrepo-java-client] escowles force-pushed disable-redirects from e3a011e to 79baa1e: https://git.io/viBcJ
fcrepo-java-client/disable-redirects 79baa1e Esmé Cowles: Allow disabling redirects
* github-ff leaves
* amccarty joins13:01
* amccarty_ leaves
* travis-ci joins13:03
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client#76 (disable-redirects - 79baa1e : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/compare/e3a011e25f40...79baa1e7255e
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/builds/158790012
* travis-ci leaves
<ruebot>youn, awoods: https://gist.github.com/ruebot/346b9d97c210526c93921d41a63527fb -- not seeing anything obvious.
<bseeger>ruebot: the - before the patch?13:04
<ruebot>youn, awoods: but, if i copy and paste the contents of that ru file into "Update Properties" in the gui, i get this following in the log
INFO 13:04:17.897 (FedoraLdp) PATCH for ''
INFO 13:04:17.985 (FedoraLdp) GET resource ''
bseeger+++++++++++++13:05
* ruebot facepalm
* apb18 leaves
<youn>bseeger: thanks!13:06
<awoods>ruebot/mikeAtUVa/escowles: see new bugs:
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2194
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2195
<bseeger>ruebot, youn: np, glad that a second set of eyes can help (hopefully that was the problem)
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-java-client] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/viBwq
fcrepo-java-client/master fd45144 Nick Ruest: Merge pull request #21 from fcrepo4-exts/disable-redirects...
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>bseeger, youn: i'm not sure if it working or not13:07
javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: No node exists at path '/University210.edu' in workspace "default"13:08
but the log says
INFO 13:08:14.892 (FedoraLdp) PATCH for 'Department14.University0.edu/UndergraduateStudent210'
<bseeger>I've gotten to run rm -rf *.* many times this week. That makes me happy.13:09
* travis-ci joins13:10
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client#78 (master - fd45144 : Nick Ruest): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/compare/e4cd24e435ad...fd4514410f37
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-java-client/builds/158792253
* travis-ci leaves
<awoods>ruebot: now this should be ready to go: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/2913:14
ruebot: related to: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2187
<youn>ruebot: I think the data may refer to nodes that are not asserted in the file and should be treated as external references. I will fix this after the sprint.13:15
I just fixed the extra dash for now: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B42p4oXygqHfS2J6MmRoNEQ4WEU13:17
<ruebot>awoods: i shall test here in a moment.13:19
<awoods>ruebot++
<ruebot>escowles: oh yeah, i have a fcr:/backup of the 10kIndirectContainers now13:21
<escowles>ruebot: cool — were you able to import/export them?13:22
<ruebot>escowles: backup/restore, yep. haven't done import/export yet.13:23
escowles: want me to do that as i test https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/29 right now?13:24
<escowles>ruebot: sure — the sooner we know if it's broken, the sooner we can fix it!13:25
* justinsimpson joins
<bseeger>awoods: if I build fcrepo and use the jar in fcrepo-webapp - does that have webacls by default?13:26
awoods: /have/use
<awoods>bseeger: no13:27
bseeger: testing with webac would be nice
bseeger: i.e. your previous process
<bseeger>awoods: I'm still getting 403's with the webapps-plus and just the head of fcrepo.13:28
awoods: I was hoping to see it work just once before I went back to webacls.
<awoods>bseeger: are you using the '-u' option?
<bseeger>awoods: yes13:29
<awoods>bseeger: that is great feedback... maybe someone else can also verify that the AuthZ is not working.
<bseeger>awoods: typo? java -jar fcrepo-import-export-driver/target/fcrepo-import-export-driver-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar --binDir /Users/bseegeProjects/fedora/backup/export/bin_dir --descDir /Users/bseeger/Projects/fedora/backup/export/desc_dir -u fedoraAdmin:fedoraAdmin -m import -r http://localhost:8080/fcrepo/rest
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: I assume you have tested this ^^ ?
bseeger: are you sure fedoraAdmin:fedoraAdmin are valid credentials?13:30
<bseeger>awoods: I think so, testing that again now.13:31
awoods: and checking the config
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: I tested authz for export before the code was merged, I haven't tested it since.13:32
<bseeger>awoods: the username/password are correct.
<awoods>bseeger: I will leave it to you and mikeAtUVa to work out... maybe a new bug ticket is in order.13:33
ruebot: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2187 looks good on my end. Shall I merge https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/29 ?13:37
<mikeAtUVa>bseeger: so import doesn't work with auth:( I'll see if I can reproduce that.
<awoods>bseeger: do you have steps for mikeAtUVa to follow?13:38
<ruebot>awoods: i'm doing youn's dataset with it now. rounding tripping. i can document that before or after you merge. up to you.13:40
<bseeger>mikeAtUVa: it doesn't appear to, but I'm not sure that it's not my setup. I am using 4.7 SNAPSHOT in tomcat; loading the LUBM data; exporting it, wiping fedora, and trying an import from there.13:41
<ruebot>awoods: export is working fine. i'm getting warnings on importing the export. just dumping everything out to log files now.
<awoods>ruebot: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2187 deals with westgard's dataset.
* coblej joins
<awoods>ruebot: not youn's
<ruebot>awoods: oh.
* ruebot facepalm13:42
awoods: give me a sec. sorry about that.
<awoods>bseeger: and you have the latest import/export jar?13:44
<bseeger>awoods: I was 2 commits out of date, I'll run with those new commits13:46
<mikeAtUVa>bseeger: at first try, I don't seem to be able to import with auth either...
* github-ff joins13:48
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles created sort-files-first (+1 new commit): https://git.io/viBPT
fcrepo-import-export/sort-files-first 28ba016 Esmé Cowles: Adding Comparator to sort files before directories
* github-ff leaves
<youn>ruebot: I've come up with a way to remove updates for the nodes that are not asserted and should have a new zip up in 15 minutes or so.
<bseeger>mikeAtUVa: are you seeing a 403?13:50
awoods: used the latest with no success
<awoods>mikeAtUVa/escowles: should we clear out our PRs and work-in-progress and quickly do: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2185 ?
mikeAtUVa/escowles: Having integration tests would be nice13:51
<ruebot>awoods, escowles: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/29#issuecomment-24598840313:52
* mikeAtUVa leaves13:53
<awoods>ruebot: hmm, I did not see that. you are building import/export off of PR#29?13:54
* peichman leaves13:55
<ruebot>awoods: yep. external-content branch. [nruest@LB-SC-S1B4DB:fcrepo-import-export] (git)-[external-content]-$13:56
* peichman joins13:57
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] ajs6f pushed 2 new commits to master: https://git.io/viBXR
fcrepo-camel-toolbox/master cb42851 Aaron Coburn: Update testing apparatus to Fedora 4.6.0...
fcrepo-camel-toolbox/master c784fb2 A. Soroka: Merge pull request #108 from acoburn/fcrepo-2147...
* github-ff leaves
<escowles>awoods: mikeAtUVa: i'm not opposed to doing fcrepo-2185 now13:58
<awoods>ruebot: I don't know what to say... bseeger, are you in a position to test: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2187
bseeger: I am not able to reproduce what ruebot is seeing.
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-camel] ajs6f pushed 3 new commits to master: https://git.io/viBXV
fcrepo-camel/master d8dea3a Aaron Coburn: Update testing apparatus to use F4 v4.6.0...
fcrepo-camel/master 8344348 Aaron Coburn: code review
fcrepo-camel/master d1c2715 A. Soroka: Merge pull request #117 from acoburn/fcrepo-2147...
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>bseeger: the steps are clear in that ticket.13:59
<bseeger>awoods: sure, I'll try it out.14:00
<amccarty>escowles: awoods: ajs6f: ran the repairdb script overnight; no progress
<awoods>amccarty: do you happen to have a system backup?
<amccarty>awoods: of course! :)
<awoods>amccarty: is that nightly?
<ajs6f>No progress meaning it did nothing useful or it did nothing at all (didn't complete).
<amccarty>yeah, nightly full14:01
* westgard1 joins
<amccarty>ajs6f: it seemed to have made some changes based on new timestamps on some of the .sst files14:02
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-camel-tests] ajs6f pushed 2 new commits to master: https://git.io/viB1T
fcrepo-camel-tests/master f5826b5 Aaron Coburn: Update testing apparatus to use Fedora 4.6.0...
fcrepo-camel-tests/master f7ccaec A. Soroka: Merge pull request #11 from acoburn/fcrepo-2147...
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>Well, change is good, they say.
<amccarty>i actually got a different set of traces after restarting tomcat: https://gist.github.com/amccarty/c0910390aabf7c8c26e8eb0906ee32d0
* travis-ci joins14:03
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel#278 (master - d1c2715 : A. Soroka): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel/compare/af82931d9f1c...d1c27159e89a
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel/builds/158804687
* travis-ci leaves
<ajs6f>Looks like an NPE from somewhere low in LevelDB?
* westgard leaves14:04
<awoods>amccarty: past indications have pointed to such corruptions being tied to Infinispan... hence part of the reason Modeshape has discontinued the use of Infinispan.
<amccarty>awoods: ah, ok14:05
<awoods>amccarty: the next release of Fedora (4.7.0) will be using the version of Modeshape that no longer has Infinispan under the covers.
amccarty: LevelDB will also be out of the mix.
<amccarty>awoods: drum roll...
awoods: when does 4.7.0 drop14:06
<ajs6f>We hope to gradually excise every single component in use in Fedora, at which point it will be a perfectly reliable system.
<awoods>amccarty: on yesterday's tech meeting we decided as soon as immediately... just working out who will be the release manager.
<amccarty>ajs6f: haha and what will you call it?
* mikeAtUVa joins14:07
<ajs6f>amccarty: Done.
<amccarty>awoods: cool - wondering if we should wait for 4.7.0 to reboot our collection migration
<acoburn>amccarty: I'd recommend it — we went ahead and have a 4.7.0-SNAPSHOT instance running at our institution (we're still in development)14:08
amccarty: I don't want to have to migrate data immediately after migrating data from F314:09
<ruebot>awoods: export worked fine.
<ajs6f>amccarty: we are in a similar holding pattern at UVa
<awoods>ruebot: what is your context?
<ruebot>awoods: i thought i was supposed to test import too on 29, the error i was getting was on import.14:10
<mikeAtUVa>escowles: are you going to fix the import ordering issue, or should I? We both seem to be onto the same problem.
<ruebot>awoods: escowles said i should test that import on 30... if i'm understanding everything correctly, and if so, i can merge 29.
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: either way is fine with me14:11
<awoods>ruebot: PR#29 is only for export
ruebot: and you are seeing it work?
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: i agree that we need to walk up the resource ancestors until we get to the root node
<ruebot>awoods: yessir!
<awoods>ruebot: that is great. So let's merge #2914:12
escowles: can you squash: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/29
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-camel-tests build #56: UNSTABLE in 2 min 45 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-camel-tests/56/14:13
* f4jenkins leaves
<escowles>awoods: done!
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles force-pushed external-content from aaf2b18 to d0efe13: https://git.io/viBUQ
fcrepo-import-export/external-content d0efe13 Esmé Cowles: Fix exporting of external content resources
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>escowles++
escowles, awoods: i'll do 30 next.14:14
* bseeger leaves
<ruebot>escowles, awoods: sorry for the confusion :-(
<justinsimpson>@here, maybe a dumb question, but is there a way to run the import-export utilty to see the help, without getting an error? I can do 'java -jar fcrepo-import-export-driver/target/fcrepo-import-export-driver-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar' and I see the list of available options, but I also get an error message
<awoods>ruebot: lots of balls in the air
justinsimpson: what is the error message?
<ruebot>fumblerooski14:15
<awoods>justinsimpson: missing required args?
<justinsimpson>awoods ERROR 18:12:51.962 (ImportExportDriver) Error performing import/export: Error parsing args: Missing required options: m, r, d
yes
that's fine, I guess I could make a low priority ticket to add a -h flag
<awoods>justinsimpson: we used to have a -h option, but were still getting the mentioned error message. A low priority ticket sounds right to work out the details of fixing that.14:16
<acoburn>awoods: can you give Jenkins a kick in the pants when it's convenient: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/
<justinsimpson>awoods kk
<amccarty>acoburn: awoods: thanks. what's the best way to be notified of new releases aside from watching github or squatting in here?14:18
<acoburn>amccarty: the fedora-tech or fedora-community email lists
<awoods>amccarty: yes, https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Mailing+Lists+etc
* f4jenkins joins
<awoods>acoburn: kicked14:19
<acoburn>awoods++
<ruebot>oh, neat. the GitHub status bar for a project now lists the LICENSE
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!14:22
Project fcrepo-camel-tests build #57: FIXED in 2 min 15 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-camel-tests/57/
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-import-export] awoods closed pull request #29: Fix exporting of external content resources (master...external-content) https://git.io/viBTs14:23
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods: oh, i was waiting on travis. is ok to merge if travis isn't finished?
...and travis just finished14:24
* ruebot moves on to #30
<awoods>ruebot: If I don't build/test locally, I wait on travis.
<ruebot>escowles, awoods: looking good on 30 so far.14:26
<awoods>ruebot: that is good news14:27
* manez leaves14:28
<ruebot>escowles, awoods: commented14:29
* manez joins14:30
* travis-ci joins14:32
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel-tests#22 (master - f7ccaec : A. Soroka): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel-tests/compare/5309a8612540...f7ccaecd8fdd
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel-tests/builds/158805467
* travis-ci leaves
<justinsimpson>I just tried a test of exporting, with the -x flag, (-x json) and I get descriptions exported into a file with a .json extension, that contains turtle syntax14:34
Is this a bug that I should fille on the export utility, or is this a problem somwhere else?
* travis-ci joins14:39
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel-toolbox#285 (master - c784fb2 : A. Soroka): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/compare/c231b1e56f0e...c784fb2b1348
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/builds/158804493
* travis-ci leaves
* peichman leaves14:52
* westgard1 leaves14:53
* peichman joins14:54
* github-ff joins14:55
[fcrepo-import-export] ruebot deleted binary-import at 0147d5a: https://git.io/viBQT
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>justinsimpson: see my comment: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-219714:56
<justinsimpson>awoods thanks, I did not read enough14:57
<awoods>justinsimpson: shall I delete the ticket?
justinsimpson: or do we need to update the config options to be more clear?
<justinsimpson>awoods, is there a valid use case for have a file with a different extension? if the default extension is .ttl and I change the -l flag to text/json , should the fille extension automatically change to match?14:59
awoods I thiink you should delete the ticket though, thanks15:00
<awoods>justinsimpson: I think the idea was to leave room for user-flexibility on what extension they prefer for each serialization. escowles ^^15:01
<justinsimpson>awoods thats fine, I will update the export example I am working on in the wiki, to show how to use both flags together
<ruebot>justinsimpson++15:02
<escowles>justinsimpson: awoods: i'm open to having standard extensions instead of having to specify — not sure how strongly people feel about e.g., .json vs. .jsonld
<ruebot>^^ dhlamb15:03
<justinsimpson>what are the possible options for -l ?
<escowles>justinsimpson: they are listed at the top of the API docs; https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA4x/RESTful+HTTP+API15:04
in theory people could want .html ...15:05
<justinsimpson>escowles thanks. right now if I type in an invalid option, I get an error
<dhlamb>escowles: i'm fine with that instead of accept headers
<justinsimpson>is it worth a ticket to return an 'you used an invalid option' error, instead of Export operation failed: unexpected status 406
<escowles>dhlamb: i'm talking about the export client — whether people have to specify the mime type and file extension separately or if we should have a mime type => default extension mapping15:06
<dhlamb>escowles: or maybe i'm confused. you mean use extensions in uri? or you mean make default mimetype something other than turtle?
escowles: ok, i'm totally out of context
<escowles>(though i think we could support standard extensions in the url, which could be nice)
<dhlamb>ruebot: y u tag me?
<ruebot>dhlamb: thought you might have thoughts about standard extensions for serializations15:07
<dhlamb>ruebot, escowles: situation where they don't line up 1:1?15:08
b/c then you'd have to specify15:09
<escowles>dhlamb: right now in the exporter, mime defaults to text/turtle and extension defaults to .ttl — if you override mime type, you still get .ttl extensions unless you override that too
<awoods>escowles/mikeAtUVa/ruebot: It looks like we are totally loosing all properties on reingest of westgard's dataset15:10
escowles/mikeAtUVa/ruebot: ticket forthcoming15:11
<dhlamb>escowles: yeah, i'd map 'em
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: is it only the properties on elements that are imported as peartree nodes?15:12
awoods: if so, the fix to the other two tickets will address it.
<justinsimpson>I agree with dhlamb, just have one flag, -l, that sets the mime type and extension
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: er... on "resources" that are imported as peartree nodes.
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: all of westgard's resources hang off of pairtrees
justinsimpson: sounds reasonable... can you ticketize that?15:13
<justinsimpson>awoods yep
<ruebot>awoods, escowles: working on README for 2135; shall I add maintainers? or is that too early?15:19
<escowles>ruebot: you can put me down
<ruebot>escowles++ #was just going to ask if you were ok with that :-)15:20
<awoods>mikeAtUVa ? ^^
escowles/mikeAtUVa/ruebot: the current list: https://jira.duraspace.org/issues/?filter=13208&jql=project%20%3D%20FCREPO%20AND%20issuetype%20%3D%20Bug%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%2C%20%22In%20Review%22%2C%20Received)%20AND%20component%20%3D%20f4-import-export%20ORDER%20BY%20issuetype%20ASC%2C%20status%20ASC%2C%20updated%20DESC%2C%20key%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20assignee%20ASC%2C%20Rank%20ASC
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: yeah, it's not completely obvious to me that it's the same issue, so write it up I guess.
<ruebot>awoods++15:22
* github-ff joins15:25
[fcrepo-import-export] ruebot created README-2135 (+1 new commit): https://git.io/viBFc
fcrepo-import-export/README-2135 bd9418f nruest: Update README; Address FCREPO-2135
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins15:26
[fcrepo-import-export] ruebot opened pull request #31: Update README; Address FCREPO-2135 (master...README-2135) https://git.io/viBFR
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>justinsimpson, awoods, mikeAtUVa: review? https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pull/31
escowles ^^ if you have time15:27
Agenda here: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Import+-+Export+Sprint+Meetings15:28
^^ justinsimpson, escowles15:31
<justinsimpson>ruebot dialing
<ruebot>justinsimpson++
* bseeger joins15:33
* is here *15:35
<ruebot>justinsimpson++15:36
* github-ff joins15:47
[fcrepo-import-export] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to README-2135: https://git.io/viBAI
fcrepo-import-export/README-2135 bc518a1 nruest: Add link to open issues.
* github-ff leaves
* ajs6f leaves15:48
* ajs6f joins15:49
* ruebot thinks it is in a working state with a big asterisk
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: I can fix bugs throughout the next week.15:50
<ruebot>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rRjf18eY0sYA5nArxE4VDrRKNDrYFHp5A_VJxV_1Cvc/edit#heading=h.df4gmzgni8ie
^^ bseeger
<mikeAtUVa>a quarter of a month?!15:51
<escowles>one fifty-second of a year?15:52
* dwilcox joins
* mikeAtUVa is saving himself for the repository-managed-triple's roundtripping.
<ruebot>mikeAtUVa++15:53
* amccarty leaves
<ruebot>bseeger++15:59
<mikeAtUVa>bseeger: that would be really useful
<escowles>bseeger++ # really important16:00
<ruebot>mikeAtUVa++16:03
* coblej leaves16:07
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles created import-it (+1 new commit): https://git.io/viBp2
fcrepo-import-export/import-it 1e686d4 Esmé Cowles: Adding import integration test
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox leaves16:09
* manez leaves16:12
* dhlamb leaves16:17
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-import-export] escowles opened pull request #32: Adding import integration test (master...import-it) https://git.io/viBhN
* github-ff leaves
* dchandekstark leaves16:18
* dchandekstark joins16:19
* dchandekstark leaves
<ruebot>learning++
* dchandekstark joins
* dwilcox joins16:20
<escowles>i hope the next sprint is a lot better in that regard, starting from scratch is so hard16:21
<bseeger>This has been a great experience, overall.16:23
* dchandekstark leaves16:25
* coblej joins16:26
* dwilcox leaves16:28
* manez joins16:35
<justinsimpson>++ to a quick email yes
* acoburn leaves16:38
<bseeger>yes, to a few days before - great idea16:39
<mikeAtUVa>nom I' here16:42
I'm still here.
<justinsimpson>I had to leave
<bseeger>ruebot++16:43
* ruebot blushes
<bseeger>escowles, mikeAtUVa: wondering - is this compile error expected? https://gist.github.com/bseeger/26b2d5911510edca62d0076b002d230c16:46
escowles, mikeAtUVa - that's from the head, not a PR16:48
* ajs6f leaves
<escowles>bseeger: that's because there is an unreleased update to fcrepo-java-client16:49
<bseeger>escowles: okay, I was wondering if it was something like that. Thanks
<escowles>i think we should release a new version of that and update to use that, but in the meantime you can compile fcrepo-java-client master locally to fix that
<bseeger>escowles: okay, I'll give it a shot16:50
<awoods>escowles: maybe because jenkins was down... I would have expected that the snapshot releases published via jenkins would make the latest java-client available.16:53
* awoods looking into it
* dchandekstark joins16:58
<awoods>bseeger/escowles: no... the machinery seems to be working: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/fcrepo/client/fcrepo-java-client/0.2.1-SNAPSHOT/17:00
bseeger/escowles: I just removed my local fcrepo-java-client artifacts from ~.m2/repository, and built fcrepo-import-export from master... BUILD SUCCESS17:01
bseeger: I wonder where your issue was coming from?
* manez leaves17:02
<bseeger> awoods: I built the fcrepo-java-client locally and was able to successfully build the import/export client. I'm going to try an import once the export I'm working on finishes. I was able to import the patent plant data set - though it did have an error.
awoods: it got further then I have before, so that was kinda nice. :)17:03
<awoods>bseeger: is this with or without AuthZ?
<bseeger>awoods: with AuthZ
* justinsimpson leaves
<awoods>bseeger: that is good news... were you eventually stopped by a 403?17:04
<bseeger>awoods: yes, still a 403, but a resource actually went in.
* whikloj leaves17:05
<youn>ruebot: If you have time, I uploaded a new version of the zip: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B42p4oXygqHfS2J6MmRoNEQ4WEU
<bseeger>awoods: never mind - still seeing the same thing…. might be time to go home.
awoods: at least the lubm dataset is behaving just the same for me - all 403s17:06
<ruebot>youn: cool. i'll see where i can get with it before i disappear.
<awoods>ruebot/youn: When you add this updated dataset to fcrepo-sample-data, could you give it a new name, like: LUBM-2.tar.gz
ruebot/youn: The first dataset is still quite valuable as-is.17:07
<ruebot>awoods: yep! i'll do the 10kIndirectContainers one as well.
* sosuke joins17:09
* coblej leaves17:13
<ruebot>awoods, escowles: here is the 10k indirect; https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-sample-dataset/pull/1017:16
* bseeger leaves
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: it looks like there are only two outstanding PRs: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-import-export/pulls ...neither of which should impact your package restructuring.
<ruebot>youn: i
youn: i'll get your new dataset added this weekend. disappearing for the evening here in a few minutes.
<awoods>ruebot: thanks!17:17
ruebot: I will be reviewing your README shortly
<youn>ruebot: thanks!
<awoods>ruebot: I am not sure I understand your PR: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-sample-dataset/pull/10/files17:18
ruebot: did westgard's dataset get updated?
<ruebot>awoods: nope. just was trying to unclutter the root.17:19
<awoods>ruebot: or you just pushed youn's and westgard's datasets into a subdirectory along with the new dataset: 10kIndirectContainers
<ruebot>awoods: LUMB is the same as well.17:20
<awoods>ruebot: btw, what is 10kIndirectContainers, and where did it come from?
<ruebot>awoods: yeah, correct. i created a directory for the additional datasets, and added them there.
<awoods>ruebot++
ruebot: did you generate 10kIndirectContainers ?
ruebot: or did that come from youn?17:21
<ruebot>awoods: came from earlier today in irc discussion with escowles
<awoods>ruebot: did you generate it?
<ruebot>awoods: yep. http://irclogs.fcrepo.org/2016-09-09.html -- starts around 10:4017:22
<awoods>ruebot: nice17:23
* acoburn joins17:25
<ruebot>awoods: time to disappear, megan is here :-)
* westgard joins
* acoburn leaves17:30
* escowles leaves17:42
* peichman leaves
<youn>Is there any testing that could be done over the weekend?17:51
* dchandekstark leaves17:52
<awoods>youn: Your dataset has already surfaced a handful of issues, which is great. You could contribute another dataset, or simply put the utility through its paces as you see fit... or rather, as you would expect to use it.17:57
* justinsimpson joins18:00
* youn leaves18:10
* westgard leaves18:13
* westgard joins18:51
* dchandekstark joins18:53
* dchandekstark leaves18:58
* ad96 leaves19:11
* amccarty joins19:15
* justinsimpson leaves19:49
* dchandekstark joins19:55
* dchandekstark leaves19:59
* westgard leaves20:07
* westgard joins20:29
* youn joins20:40
* dchandekstark joins20:56
* youn leaves
* youn joins20:58
* dchandekstark leaves21:01
* youn leaves21:13
* westgard leaves21:20
* amccarty leaves21:24
* amccarty joins21:25
* amccarty leaves21:29
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: ping21:53
* youn joins21:58
* westgard joins21:59
* youn leaves22:22
* youn joins22:44
* mikeAtUVa leaves22:46
* dchandekstark joins22:58
* youn leaves23:30

Generated by Sualtam