Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dhlamb leaves02:21
* thomz joins02:42
* dchandekstark joins06:31
* dchandekstark leaves06:35
* dwilcox joins07:12
* manez joins08:00
* manez leaves08:05
* manez joins08:08
* ajs6f joins08:18
* esm_ joins08:19
* apb18 joins08:25
* jrgriffiniii leaves08:29
* dchandekstark joins08:32
* dchandekstark leaves08:37
* dchandekstark joins08:38
* dhlamb joins08:39
* coblej joins08:48
* bseeger joins08:53
* jrgriffiniii joins08:58
* thomz leaves09:01
* bseeger leaves09:04
* esm_ leaves09:08
* escowles_ leaves09:12
* bseeger joins09:15
* esm_ joins09:19
* acoburn joins09:35
* esm_ leaves09:36
* github-ff joins09:39
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] acoburn closed pull request #104: Address transient build errors on travis (master...transient_build_errors) https://git.io/v6RMm
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox leaves09:44
* bseeger leaves09:58
* manez leaves10:01
* dwilcox joins10:02
* manez joins10:03
* jrgriffiniii leaves10:10
* tjohnson joins10:28
* arebenji joins10:40
* coblej leaves10:41
* coblej joins10:56
* bseeger joins11:01
<ajs6f>awoods:tjohnson: I finally got the paperwork done to join the LDP Next community group.11:17
<awoods>ajs6f: I saw that11:18
<ajs6f>awoods:tjohnson: My big fish to carry: can we not maintain the test suite?
<tjohnson>đź‘Ť
i've started grinding that axe, too
* bseeger leaves11:19
<ajs6f>There is not much point in an abandonware test suite. I know Rob Sanderson (and I think tjohnson too) have pointed out that this is a big weakness in W3C efforts— maintaining live artifacts other than documents
<tjohnson>i'm not sure anyone knows whether it's within the purview of the group to update the existing suite.
<ajs6f>tjohnson: Well, I am going to _find out_!
tjohnson: and if really, truly, no one anywhere knows, then we are going to _decide_.
<tjohnson>if we have to fork it and call it `ldpNext testsuite`, that's an acceptable outcome11:20
<ajs6f>tjohnson++
* bseeger joins
<ajs6f>Son of Test Suite.
Test Suite 2, Electric Bugaloo.
<tjohnson>but it seems silly for there to be known issues and nothing anyone is empowered to do about them
<ajs6f>tjohnson: Yes. It would be one thing even for there to be known issues if there was no one to do the work. But cbeer and I both have PRs in. Like, NOW.11:21
<tjohnson>yeah11:23
* mjgiarlo joins11:32
* coblej leaves12:00
* dhlamb leaves12:02
<awoods>Does anyone have a link to the work barmintor mentioned yesterday regarding optimized Modeshape queries as an approach to the "many-members" performance issue?12:03
<ajs6f>awoods: I don't know that it actually is a PR yet, but I could be confused.12:04
<awoods>ajs6f: I do not see such a PR
<ajs6f>awoods: Maybe I am right. That would be pleasantly surprising.
<awoods>ajs6f: This must be the work: https://github.com/barmintor/fcrepo4/tree/rwp-mode-queries
<ajs6f>awoods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JccW-mLdNe012:06
awoods: If escowles is working with barmintor on it, he may have a better picture of it.
Wow, I had forgotten how amazing David Byrne's dancing is…12:07
<awoods>ajs6f: escowles does not appear to have a fork of barmintor's branch: https://github.com/escowles/fcrepo4/branches12:08
<ajs6f>awoods: But he has clearly operated it if he was able to report negatively on it.
<awoods>ajs6f: true12:09
<ajs6f>awoods: Whether he is worth bothering depends on what you are trying to find out.
<awoods>ajs6f: I am summarizing the state of the issue and potential solutions.12:10
<ajs6f>awoods: Then all you need do I should think is mention escowles report, no?12:11
<awoods>ajs6f: for describing the issue, yes.12:12
<ajs6f>awoods: I'm glad I could help you work this thorny problem. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to watching Talking Heads videos.12:13
* bseeger leaves
<awoods>ajs6f: proceed.
* dhlamb joins12:16
* dchandekstark leaves12:17
* dchandekstark joins12:37
* bseeger joins12:50
* coblej joins12:52
* mikeAtUVa joins
<ajs6f>awoods:tjohnson: Catching up with LDPNext stuff. Was a biweekly meeting time fixed?13:24
<tjohnson>my sense was that there was going to be another survey to settle that. If it ever happened, I missed it13:25
<ajs6f>tjohnson: Just lonely me: http://doodle.com/poll/i9eqbhf37vxceame
tjohnson: Which I got from https://www.w3.org/wiki/LDP_Next_CG_Meeting_2016-07-2113:26
<awoods>ajs6f: I missed that link as well.
<tjohnson>yeah, apparently along with everyone else13:27
<ajs6f>That's why you need me in this group.13:39
awoods:tjohnson: I am part of LDPNext as an individual, since UVa is not a W3C Member. The wiki seems to be limited to accounts that are connected with Member access. Can I get one of you to add my information to this table: https://www.w3.org/wiki/LDP_Next_Community_Group#Participants_and_Work_Interests ?14:05
<awoods>ajs6f: I am currently in an email thread with W3C wiki admins to reestablish my access {sigh}14:06
<ajs6f>awoods: It's good to know that the technical foundations of the Web are in good hands.14:07
acoburn: Is the LDPath new backend stuff merged fully into -camel14:52
?14:53
<acoburn>ajs6f: yes, but I have another PR that will be ready soon
ajs6f: one that makes the cache impl pluggable
<ajs6f>acoburn: OK, no hurry. In fact, I would want that. I just want to tinker around and see what it would take to do either 1) a Stanbol EntityHub impl of LDCache or 2) a JDBC/Derby in-memory LDCache or maybe both if I have time. Which I don't and won;t.14:54
<acoburn>ajs6f: isn't there already a stanbol backend impl?14:55
<ajs6f>acoburn: I didn't see that there was. Let me look.
<acoburn>ajs6f: I remember seeing something related to stanbol in the source
<ajs6f>acoburn: I don't see anything here: https://marmotta.apache.org/ldcache/
<acoburn>ajs6f: you're not going to find anything on the webpage14:56
ajs6f: you have to look through the source
<ajs6f>or here: https://github.com/apache/marmotta/tree/develop/libraries/ldcache
I guess you could write a complete Sesame Sail for EntityHub, but that seems a bit odd. The intentions are at variance.14:57
<acoburn>ajs6f: I must be imagining things, b/c I thought there was something in there
i.e. related to stanbol
<ajs6f>acoburn: You may have been thinking of the _I_stanbol implementation, which stores your triples in vast libraries in beautiful mosques and churches in that famous city.14:59
<acoburn>ajs6f: https://github.com/apache/marmotta/blob/develop/libraries/ldclient/ldclient-provider-rdf/src/main/java/org/apache/marmotta/ldclient/endpoint/rdf/StanbolEndpoint.java
ajs6f: it's part of the ldclient library
<ajs6f>That's an Endpoint not an LDCache. Do you hand that to the LDCache impl for LDPath? Isn't that going to start double-caching things?15:00
<acoburn>ajs6f: right, it's not using stanbol as a cache
<ajs6f>acoburn: But I kind of want to, because EntityHub is a very good cache. And it's kind of meant to do that work...15:01
acoburn; This would just use it as a static index, right?
<acoburn>ajs6f: I agree
ajs6f: off to a meeting…
<ajs6f>acoburn: Don't fall asleep.15:02
* bseeger leaves15:14
* coblej leaves15:15
* bseeger joins15:31
* coblej joins15:32
* github-ff joins15:44
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] acoburn opened pull request #105: Add pluggable ldcache backend (master...fcrepo-2119) https://git.io/v6Eiq
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins15:45
[fcrepo-camel-tests] acoburn opened pull request #9: Add tests for fcrepo-ldpath (master...fcrepo-2119) https://git.io/v6Ein
* github-ff leaves
* acoburn leaves15:46
* arebenji leaves16:00
* dwilcox leaves16:03
* dwilcox joins16:06
* manez leaves16:09
* manez joins16:16
* manez leaves16:34
* bseeger leaves16:37
* dwilcox leaves16:42
* coblej leaves17:02
* apb18 leaves17:09
* manez joins17:12
* manez leaves17:13
* manez joins17:35
* manez leaves17:40
* dchandekstark leaves18:00
* ajs6f leaves18:08
* dchandekstark joins19:00
* dchandekstark leaves19:06
* apb18 joins
* ajs6f joins19:14
* apb18 leaves19:23
* apb18 joins19:30
* apb18 leaves19:35
* apb18 joins19:49
* dchandekstark joins20:02
* dchandekstark leaves20:06
* apb18 leaves20:11
* ajs6f leaves20:20
* apb18 joins20:28
* peichman joins21:03
* dchandekstark joins
* esm_ joins21:04
* peichman leaves21:08
* esm_ leaves21:09
* dchandekstark leaves
* esm_ joins21:10
* esm_ leaves21:13
* apb18 leaves21:39
* mikeAtUVa leaves21:42
* apb18 joins21:48
* apb18 leaves22:38
* tjohnson leaves22:47
* f4jenkins joins23:12

Generated by Sualtam