Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dchandekstark joins02:02
* dchandekstark leaves02:06
* thomz joins02:45
* dchandekstark joins04:03
* dchandekstark leaves04:08
* dchandekstark joins06:05
* dchandekstark leaves06:09
* dwilcox joins08:02
* dwilcox leaves08:03
* dchandekstark joins08:07
* dchandekstark leaves08:11
* dwilcox joins08:23
* apb18 joins08:31
* dwilcox leaves08:49
* dwilcox joins09:05
* acoburn joins09:14
<ruebot>acoburn: building https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/107009:17
<acoburn>ruebot++
<ruebot>acoburn: any specific things you want me to do in the interface for sanity testing?
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vKPjN
fcrepo4/master 48a5e90 Aaron Coburn: Add a servlet filter for handling ETags for static resources (#1071)...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins09:18
[fcrepo-webapp-plus] ajs6f pushed 2 new commits to master: https://git.io/vKXee
fcrepo-webapp-plus/master 08708a8 Aaron Coburn: Add servlet filter for handling ETags for static resources...
fcrepo-webapp-plus/master 0a98db9 A. Soroka: Merge pull request #40 from acoburn/fcrepo-2083...
* github-ff leaves
* ajs6f joins09:19
* dchandekstark joins09:22
* dchandekstark leaves09:23
* dchandekstark joins09:24
* dchandekstark leaves
* dchandekstark joins09:25
* travis-ci joins09:27
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus#133 (master - 0a98db9 : A. Soroka): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/compare/ae83c35c419a...0a98db962447
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/builds/146375922
* travis-ci leaves
<awoods>ajs6f/ruebot/acoburn: could one of you review this one: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-207809:31
* whikloj joins09:32
<acoburn>awoods: at localhost:8080/fcrepo "This is the exciting stub page for your …"09:33
awoods: that seems rather smug, can we fix that?
<awoods>acoburn: yes, it is probably time
<ajs6f>awoods: Not me— I don't understand what that is about or why you did it.
<awoods>whikloj/ruebot/acoburn: could one of you review this one: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2078
<acoburn>awoods: sure09:34
<ruebot>awoods: sure... reviewing 2081 too.
<awoods>acoburn++
<whikloj>acoburn: do you want https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/1070 squashed?
<awoods>ruebot++
<acoburn>whikloj: yes
* github-ff joins09:35
[fcrepo4] whikloj pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vKXfw
fcrepo4/master f512251 Aaron Coburn: Remove jQuery dependencies on the javascript code in fcrepo-http-api (#1070)...
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>whikloj: you ready to merge that? if so, i'll kill this machine i'm firing up.
<whikloj>ruebot: yeah I merged it
ruebot: thanks though
<ruebot>whikloj: merged. i guess i can kill that machine... or, unless there is anything awoods wants me to test on it w/r/t 207809:36
whikloj++
<awoods>ruebot: I will leave it up to you and acoburn to sort out 207809:37
<acoburn>ruebot: If you have time to look at that, I'd appreciate it
* travis-ci joins09:39
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4592 (master - 48a5e90 : Aaron Coburn): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/5dd5af5315d7...48a5e902598b
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/146375828
* travis-ci leaves
<ruebot>acoburn: sure!09:41
<ajs6f>all: REMINDER: code freeze for 4.6.0 is close of business TODAY.
<ruebot>awoods: the diff looks fine/sane to me. is there anything worth testing on a build if i do that? or shall i just click merge, and go through the rest of the process.
* peichman joins09:44
<ajs6f>awoods: I want to start tinkering with the 4.6.0 release notes, but I don't want them visible (to avoid confusion). Do you know how to make a page do that? Some kind of permissions that mean "visible only to me"?09:45
<awoods>ruebot: you could test the on-behalf-of header in webac if you wanted... but not necessary.
ajs6f: let me take a look...09:46
<ajs6f>awoods: Thanks!09:47
<awoods>ajs6f: if you create the initial page, I should be able to lock viewing down to just you.
* github-ff joins09:48
[fcrepo-webapp-plus] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vKXUF
fcrepo-webapp-plus/master b0e42a8 Andrew Woods: Update webac repo.xml configuration to add delegatedPrincipalProvider (#38)...
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>ajs6f: here is last releases' notes: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Fedora+4.5.1+Release+Notes as a starting point
<ajs6f>Did we ever release 4.5.2? Because in Jira, it still appears as an Unreleased Version.
awoods: Yeah, that's what I would start with, but again, it's the visibility thing.
<awoods>ajs6f: create the page... then I will lock it09:49
<ajs6f>awoods: ool, thanks!
awoods: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Fedora+4.6.0+Release+Notes09:51
awoods; It's all factually screwy, because I haven't started to fix it up yet.
<awoods>whikloj/ruebot/acoburn: can you see: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Fedora+4.6.0+Release+Notes09:52
<acoburn>awoods: nope
<awoods>thanks09:53
<ajs6f>Excellent. Now I can fill that page with insane rantings and no one will know.
* travis-ci joins09:55
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4593 (master - f512251 : Aaron Coburn): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/48a5e902598b...f51225121dd6
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/146380019
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins09:57
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus#134 (master - b0e42a8 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/compare/0a98db962447...b0e42a812598
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/builds/146382770
* travis-ci leaves
<ruebot>awoods: i have Islandora Foundation AGM, so won't be on tech call, but I should be on the API-X call. ...and maybe the LDP Next call too.
<awoods>ruebot: thanks for the heads-up
* github-ff joins10:03
[fcrepo4] acoburn opened pull request #1072: Move images into /static directory so that ETag filtering applies (master...fcrepo-2084) https://git.io/vKXIG
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>acoburn: I'll let Travis okay that ^^^ then merge it.10:05
<acoburn>ajs6f: ok, I've got one more small PR that will be coming in a few minutes: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2085
<ajs6f>acoburn: Okay, np.10:06
<dchandekstark>awoods: See edited ver of last comment on FCREPO-2076
<awoods>dchandekstark: testing against MySQL could be very informative10:07
<dchandekstark>awoods: our bandwidth for testing this issue is narrowing10:08
we've more or less given up on this versioning strategy for the time being10:09
<awoods>dchandekstark: Thanks for what you have done so far.
<dchandekstark>awoods: it would be more interesting to me to know exactly what causes the failure in the first place10:11
<ajs6f>dchandekstark: Seconded. After all this has settled a bit, it would nice for the community to hear you retrospect about this (good and bad).
<awoods>dchandekstark: At this point, the culprit seems to be looking like either MariaDB or ISPN... but that does not explain the "why"10:12
<dchandekstark>awoods: seems like some kind of constraint is being exceeded10:14
and info is truncated or something
awoods: btw, we encountered another weird edge case :)10:15
coblej is writing it up now10:16
not related to versioning
<awoods>dchandekstark: It is great that you guys are pushing on F4 in ways that have not seen the pressure before.10:18
<dchandekstark>:)
awoods: one thing you might try, if you want to pursue this versioning problem ...10:19
is to run a much larger collection - like the 60K objects i did
also this test was run against a repo that already had 10s of thousands of objects in it10:20
<awoods>dchandekstark: will do. Is this the script you used: https://gist.github.com/coblej/243b379f99c5687bf5867bf919bd3d9f
<dchandekstark>not sure how many
awoods: yes, that's the script
awoods: i may try mysql on my workstation (OSX)10:21
<awoods>dchandekstark: I am spinning up the 60k test now10:22
<dchandekstark>awoods: of course, i suppose it's still possible that something in our server env is a factor, but i'm at a loss there
other than the db ver that is10:23
* dchandekstark has to leave
* dchandekstark leaves
* dwilcox leaves10:31
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] acoburn opened pull request #1073: Clean up intro text in index.html (master...fcrepo-2085) https://git.io/vKXm9
* github-ff leaves
* thomz leaves10:33
* dwilcox joins10:47
* github-ff joins10:49
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vKXsT
fcrepo4/master ac3cb5d Aaron Coburn: Move images into /static directory so that ETag filtering applies (#1072)...
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>acoburn: does anything like that ^^^ need to happen for webapp-plus?
<acoburn>ajs6f: I don't think so, but I'll check
<ajs6f>acoburn: Thank you. I will wait to close the ticket.10:50
<acoburn>ajs6f: nope. all the static resources were in fcrepo-webapp. go ahead and close the ticket
<ajs6f>acoburn: Thanks!10:51
<acoburn>awoods: are there still plans for a 4.5.2 release?10:54
<ajs6f>acoburn:awoods: If so, we'd better have the code freeze for that in the next ten minutes.10:56
* kat3_drx joins10:58
<awoods>acoburn: no, that was called off by Duke11:00
* mikeAtUVa joins11:01
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-07-21+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting
<ajs6f>Hi, everybody!11:02
Hi, Anne.11:03
Double-barreled Aarons.
* dshalvi joins11:06
<mikeAtUVa>reimplementing versioning will be tricky... ajs6f is right that it's possible, but it's EXTREMELY costly.11:09
<ajs6f>We aren't talking about reimplementing versioning, just the timestamping.
<mikeAtUVa>So if you export a resource you're not exporting its history?
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: no, you export it's history, and the timestamps associated with that history are encoded using our prperties (as opposed to the order, which would use MODE's properties).11:10
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: to be clear, is there no intention to have a specified common "fedora" serialization format for a repository/resource?11:12
* travis-ci joins11:13
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4596 (master - ac3cb5d : Aaron Coburn): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/f51225121dd6...ac3cb5d7fa65
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/146399737
* travis-ci leaves
<mikeAtUVa>It's all pie in the sky since we'll never reproduce that functionality in fcr:backup and fcr:restore.11:15
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: That's an awfully precise understanding of the future, a future based on other peoples' work.
<mikeAtUVa>ajs6f: it's a prognostication... and a pessimistic on to be sure... perhaps even to goad someone into proving me wrong.11:17
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa; With regard to a spec common "fedora" serialization: that's exactly the topic of tomorrow's planning call: perhaps you could join?
mikeAtUVa: Fair enough— programming in anger is an old Fedora tradition.11:18
<whikloj>I think you have laid out an acceptable plan11:24
really just acoburn
ajs6f++11:25
<ajs6f>I will be auguring this baby in.
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Policy+-+Release+Candidates
<ajs6f>escowles++11:26
<acoburn>ajs6f: I'll write a few sentences about the new messaging format for the release notes11:27
<ajs6f>acoburn++
<whikloj>escowles++
<ajs6f>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Release+Testing+-+4.6.011:28
<whikloj>apb18++
<ajs6f>apb18++
awoods:escowles: Currently, we are scheduled to test with MySQL 5.7.9 and PostgreSQL 9.4.5. Does that seem sane to you?11:29
I haven't been following the versions there.11:30
Don't all jump in at once.11:32
<whikloj>awoods: no Fedora 411:33
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa?
* mikeAtUVa has real data but super small... I'll switch over our mirror server to mode5 for testing.
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa++ # all data is good11:34
* Namita joins11:37
Currently I am running fedora using vagrant
<ajs6f>Raging inertia.11:38
<dshalvi>awoods: We are running 4.5.1 in a test environment only, against MySQL. This setup is used to test large-scale data migrations of our production F3.8.1 data. Not sure if this would be helpful for the testing to which you were referring, please let me know.11:44
<awoods>fedora.info/spec/resource-versioning11:47
<acoburn>+111:49
<mikeAtUVa>dshalvi: if you hope for that set of content to be able to be migrated to the next version of fedora (vs rerunning your test) it's probably worth verifying that the backup/restore works into Modeshape5-based fedora.
* jpd joins11:55
<dshalvi>mikeAtUVa: Thanks. Ultimately we want to migrate from F3.8.1 to the latest version of F4, probably would be a Modeshape-5-based version for our timeline.11:59
<ajs6f>Im/Ex sprint planning: $20 for a seat, but you'll only need the edge!12:00
<dshalvi>So our current 4.5.1 test content is not of particular interest to us long-term since we would hopefully not use it in a production setting, instead going directly to a newer version.
But we are happy to use it to help the community to test 4.5.1 -> 4.6 migrations if that would be helpful
* Namita leaves12:03
<awoods>dshalvi: Indeed, it would be helpful as a "production scale" test of use fcr:backup/fcr:restore.12:05
dshalvi: It would be great if you could keep an eye out for the community email asking for such testing.12:06
* kat3_drx leaves
<dshalvi>awoods: Will do.12:08
<awoods>thanks, dshalvi12:09
* kat3_drx joins
* kat3_drx leaves
* jpd leaves12:12
* yinlin joins12:14
* acoburn leaves12:18
<awoods>ajs6f: let me know if you would like any help tomorrow with 4.6.0-RC branch/artifact creation.12:20
<ajs6f>awoods: k, thanks12:21
<yinlin>awoods: just added meeting note12:27
* yinlin leaves
* dchandekstark joins12:36
* dchandek_ joins12:37
* dchandekstark leaves12:38
* dchandekstark joins
* dchandekstark leaves12:40
* dchandek_ leaves
* dchandekstark joins
* dchandekstark leaves12:45
* dchandekstark joins12:47
* acoburn joins13:01
* dchandekstark leaves13:03
* dchandekstark joins
* dchandekstark leaves13:05
<ajs6f>afk bbl13:11
* ajs6f leaves
* dchandekstark joins13:12
* acoburn1 joins13:13
* acoburn leaves13:15
* dchandekstark leaves13:16
* dchandekstark joins13:22
* dchandekstark leaves13:24
* dchandekstark joins13:26
* dchandekstark leaves13:28
* dchandekstark joins
* dchandekstark leaves13:32
* dchandekstark joins13:44
* acoburn1 leaves13:46
* acoburn joins13:47
* dchandekstark leaves13:49
<acoburn>awoods:ruebot: could either of you review this: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/106913:51
it's independent of today's code freeze, but it would be nicer to get it in before that goes into effect13:52
* github-ff joins13:53
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vKXDI
fcrepo4/gh-pages e10e3b8 Aaron Coburn: update docs with new version of fcrepo-java-client (#1069)
* github-ff leaves
<acoburn>ruebot++
* dchandekstark joins13:56
* dwilcox leaves13:57
* dwilcox joins13:59
* dchandekstark leaves14:00
* dchandekstark joins14:10
* dchandekstark leaves14:15
* apb18 leaves14:25
* apb18 joins14:31
* acoburn leaves14:56
* ajs6f joins15:23
ruebot: Those were some sweet AGm minutes.15:56
<whikloj>LDP Next call if anyone is interested15:59
<ruebot>ajs6f: it wasn't that long actually. i thought it was going to last the two hours we had blocke off.16:00
ajs6f: manez++
<ajs6f>ruebot: A good meeting is crisp and snappy.
ruebot: Like a good shandy.
<ruebot>ajs6f: or michelada!16:05
* dchandekstark joins
<ajs6f>ruebot: you know, i don't think I've ever had a really good michelada. I'll have to be on the lookout.
* dshalvi leaves16:07
<ruebot>ajs6f: next time diego, you, and i are around in person, it will happen!16:09
<ajs6f>ruebot: I am looking forward!16:11
<ruebot>ajs6f++16:14
<dchandekstark>awoods: did your 60K run complete?
<awoods>on a call
* dchandekstark leaves16:17
* dchandekstark joins16:18
* dwilcox leaves16:30
* ajs6f leaves16:32
* tjohnson joins16:35
* dchandekstark leaves16:37
* dchandekstark joins
* dchandekstark leaves16:44
* dchandekstark joins16:45
* apb18 leaves16:46
* dchandekstark leaves16:50
* mikeAtUVa leaves16:55
* dchandekstark joins16:56
* whikloj leaves17:00
* dchandekstark leaves17:01
* dchandekstark joins17:07
* dchandekstark leaves17:12
* peichman leaves17:15
* dchandekstark joins17:24
* dchandekstark leaves17:28
* dchandekstark joins17:31
* dchandekstark leaves17:34
* dchandekstark joins17:56
* dchandekstark leaves18:00
* dchandekstark joins18:50
<ruebot>awoods, escowles: finished test 2 & 5 summary pages: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Test+2+Results+Summary && https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Test+5+Results+Summary19:00
* ruebot realizes he needs to run test 2
<awoods>ruebot: thanks! We just need to pull the key bits together for a community update.
<ruebot>awoods: agreed. we still lack the graphs, and need to run test 1 & 619:01
awoods: close to "completion"
<awoods>ruebot: we are getting there19:02
* dwilcox joins19:13
* dchandekstark leaves19:18
* dchandekstark joins19:23
* dchandekstark leaves19:25
* dchandekstark joins
* dchandekstark leaves
* dchandekstark joins
* dchandekstark leaves19:26
* dwilcox leaves19:55
* github-ff joins20:25
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] acoburn opened pull request #100: Add support for https connections to external triplestores (master...fcrepo-2087) https://git.io/vK169
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins20:26
[fcrepo-camel-tests] acoburn opened pull request #7: Support https connections for Triplestore integrations (master...fcrepo-2087) https://git.io/vK16Q
* github-ff leaves
* dchandekstark joins
* dchandekstark leaves20:32
* dchandekstark joins22:29
* dchandekstark leaves22:35
* github-ff joins23:17
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] acoburn opened pull request #101: Consolidate configuration of fcrepo-camel by wrapping it as an OSGi service (master...fcrepo-2088) https://git.io/vK1HU
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins23:18
[fcrepo-camel-tests] acoburn opened pull request #8: Consolidate configuration of fcrepo-camel by wrapping it as an OSGi service (master...fcrepo-2088) https://git.io/vK1Ht
* github-ff leaves
* tjohnson leaves00:17

Generated by Sualtam