Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dchandekstark joins01:00
* dchandekstark leaves01:05
* thomz joins02:52
* dchandekstark joins03:02
* dchandekstark leaves03:07
* tjohnson leaves04:26
* dchandekstark joins05:04
* dchandekstark leaves05:08
* dchandekstark joins07:05
* dchandekstark leaves07:10
* dwilcox joins07:58
* whikloj joins08:59
* arebenji joins09:05
* dchandekstark joins09:06
* acoburn joins09:10
* dchandekstark leaves09:11
* ajs6f joins09:14
* bseeger joins09:48
* mohamedar joins09:52
* mohamedar1 joins09:55
* mohamedar leaves09:58
* mohamedar joins09:59
* dchandek_ joins
* mohamedar2 joins
* mohamedar leaves
* dchandek_ leaves10:00
* mohamedar1 leaves10:01
* dchandekstark joins10:04
<ajs6f>acoburn: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2072 # I'm going to wait on that until you finish the OSGi stuff with Marmotta10:05
<acoburn>ajs6f: that makes perfect sense
ajs6f: you saw that I took your advice :-)10:06
<ajs6f>acoburn: No, what do you mean?
<acoburn>ajs6f: that we should work with Marmotta to make sure their code was more OSGi friendly10:07
ajs6f: I think that was your suggestion
<ajs6f>acoburn: Oh, right. That was both from me and from awoods.
Fedora Rule #45634: Always push problems upstream.10:08
<acoburn>ajs6f: it also seems that a 3.4.0 release will be relatively soon
ajs6f: so if this gets into that release, it will make things a lot easier for us
* mohamedar2 leaves10:09
* mohamedar joins
<ajs6f>acoburn: Yes, I want to do that ticket, and I wouldn't mind doing it over Stanbol's EntityHub.
acoburn: And I'm not going to wade through any OSGi vs. the World issues I can avoid.
* mikeAtUVa joins
<acoburn>ajs6f: you may want to take a look at this: https://gitlab.amherst.edu/acdc/repository-extension-services/tree/master/acrepo-services-ldcache10:10
ajs6f: it wraps Marmotta's ldcache api in a simple OSGi service
ajs6f: …which can then be called from Camel (though we haven't gotten that far)10:11
<ajs6f>acoburn: But I want to go the other way: I want to provide LDPath with what _it_ needs, not expose a general cache. At least that's what I want to do for that ticket. Maybe that ticket is part of a larger picture. But at some point, it stops being about Fedora and becomes a story about general semantic machinery.10:12
<acoburn>ajs6f: yes, this thing I wrote is entirely independent of Fedora10:13
<ajs6f>acoburn: Well, let's get that ticket done and once people are using that machinery, we can ramify it.10:14
* mohamedar leaves10:32
* github-ff joins10:33
[fcrepo-camel-tests] awoods closed pull request #6: update tests to use latest snapshot version (master...update_version) https://git.io/vKGem
* github-ff leaves
* mohamedar joins10:34
* mohamedar1 joins10:37
* mohamedar leaves10:39
* travis-ci joins10:53
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel-tests#12 (master - f989e04 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel-tests/compare/aae9fa34b59e...f989e047e8f6
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel-tests/builds/143903655
* travis-ci leaves
<awoods>ruebot/ajs6f: Would you be interested in chiming on to the email thread with subject: "Integration: Fedora-stack / Archivematica"? It seems like an opportunity to begin floating ideas about directions for the hacking.10:55
<ajs6f>awoods: I have not seen that thread. What list is that?10:56
<awoods>ajs6f: fedora-tech and fedora-community and archivematica
ajs6f: last updated 4 days ago by Julie Allinson10:57
<ajs6f>awoods: Ah, I see. Julie A.
awoods: No, I don't want to chime in— that's because i have a meeting on Thursday with local potential Archivematica stakeholders and I want to understand our local picture first.10:58
<awoods>ajs6f: a post-stakeholder meeting chime-in seems appropriate. Thanks.10:59
* thomz leaves11:04
* tjohnson joins11:07
* bseeger leaves11:12
* manez joins11:37
<ruebot>awoods: can do!11:39
<awoods>ruebot++
<ruebot>awoods: fyi, test 5 is still running on my end. slowed down a bit, but approaching 4 million on the janky double nfs setup.11:41
<awoods>ruebot: That is great. It seems like the various JMeter tests are showing concrete results that would likely be of interest to the broader community. I would like to get a summary out to the list here soon.11:43
<ruebot>awoods: definitely. let me see if we created an agenda for next week's meeting.
<awoods>ruebot: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-07-18+Performance+-+Scale+meeting11:44
ruebot: I will be at the SCS FUG meeting next Monday. Could you host the Perf/Scale meeting?11:46
<ruebot>awoods: can do!
<awoods>ruebot++
* ajs6f leaves11:49
<ruebot>awoods: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-07-18+Performance+-+Scale+meeting -- that look good for a stub agenda? if so, i'll send a reminder out to the mailing list.11:52
<awoods>ruebot: Is agenda item #2 intended to as a placeholder for someone to draft and post a summary to the lists?11:53
<ruebot>awoods: yep.11:54
<awoods>ruebot: perfect
* ruebot looks for the previous message
awoods: did you send that out, or did esme?11:55
<awoods>ruebot: it depends on which message you are referring to.11:56
ruebot: there are these two:11:57
* [F4 Perf/Scale] 2016-06-24 meeting minutes
* [fedora-tech] Performance and Scalability - May 2016
<ruebot>awoods: Performance and Scalability - May 2016 - that's it!12:04
awoods++
* bseeger joins12:46
* bseeger leaves12:47
<ruebot>awoods: replied. (one more thing off the todo list)12:57
* dchandekstark leaves12:58
* dchandekstark joins12:59
<awoods>thanks, ruebot.13:01
* ruebot hopes he made sense
* dwilcox leaves13:10
* dwilcox joins13:44
* bseeger joins13:50
* awoods reading ruebot's response to: "Integration: Fedora-stack / Archivematica"13:58
* awoods unclear of the exact nature of the Fedora/Archivematica integration being proposed.13:59
* dchandekstark leaves14:00
* dchandekstark joins14:01
* dchandekstark leaves14:05
* dchandekstark joins14:07
* dchandekstark leaves14:11
* ajs6f joins14:20
* dchandekstark joins14:37
<ruebot>awoods: Archivematica Format Policy Registry14:45
awoods: https://www.archivematica.org/en/docs/fpr/14:46
* bseeger leaves14:56
* bseeger joins15:04
<awoods>ruebot: so what is the exact nature of the integration you are envisioning?15:23
<ruebot>awoods: that's the tough part; it could be API-X, or it could be a shared service, or it could be something else.15:25
awoods: i'm thinking it would be dependent on an identification/characterization service; then depending on rdf properities and pronom id, things would happen.15:28
<awoods>ruebot: At a high-level, the use case revolves around communicating with an Archivematica FPR (local or centralized?) that informs derivative generation?15:29
<ajs6f>ruebot: Are you going to bring this up at that August gig?
<ruebot>awoods: yeah!
ajs6f: no. i don't have funding to go. it fell through :-(
<ajs6f>ruebot: Poo. Well, if your ideas are more firm by then, I can try to rep them.15:30
<ruebot>ajs6f++
ajs6f: fwiw, i've been kicking around this idea for a little more than a year now, and still not quite solid... especially since API-X can come into play.15:31
ajs6f: but, i will try my best! maybe we might have a better idea after wednesday's call.
<ajs6f>ruebot: Okay, check in with me if/when you think it worthwhile.15:32
<ruebot>ajs6f: will do. curious what the use cases will be on your end too.
<ajs6f>ruebot: I'll find out Thursday.
<ruebot>awoods, ajs6f: ...and fwiw, there is https://github.com/Islandora-Labs/archidora which is islandora 1.x and fcrepo 3.x15:33
awoods, ajs6f: archivematica/fcrepo integration for me is really dependant on which way it goes fcrepo->archivematica or archivematica->fcrepo15:34
<awoods>ruebot: and there are use cases for both
<ruebot>awoods, ajs6f: that said, import/export of bagit bags, would totally be an integration aspect to flag.15:35
<awoods>ruebot: good point
<ajs6f>ruebot: Yeah, I'd like to see the repository clearly understood as the container of record for information. But we'll see. I need to read up on how AM is put together.
<ruebot>ajs6f: python + a tonne of micro-services15:36
<ajs6f>ruebot: Oh, so no clear orchestration? Erb.
<ruebot>ajs6f: kinda? https://wiki.archivematica.org/Micro-services15:38
ajs6f: not sure how up-to-date that page is. hasn't been touched in about a year.15:39
<ajs6f>ruebot: See, "There are a variety of mechanisms used to connect the various micro-services together into complex, custom workflows." I'd like to hear a little more about that.15:42
<ruebot>ajs6f: agreed15:45
* github-ff joins16:14
[fcrepo4] whikloj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://git.io/vKcUR
fcrepo4/master 1f0c328 Andrew Woods: Remove fedora:numberOfChildren predicate...
fcrepo4/master 547def4 Andrew Woods: Remove RdfLexicon.HAS_CHILD_COUNT...
fcrepo4/master bf8860d Jared Whiklo: Merge pull request #1066 from awoods/fcrepo-1880...
* github-ff leaves
* jrgriffiniii joins16:16
* manez leaves16:22
* dwilcox leaves16:30
* arebenji leaves16:31
* ajs6f leaves16:56
* acoburn leaves16:57
* mikeAtUVa leaves17:00
* whikloj leaves17:02
* jrgriffiniii leaves17:07
* bseeger leaves17:30
* dchandekstark leaves18:17
* dchandekstark joins18:18
* dchandekstark leaves18:22
* mohamedar1 leaves18:25
* tjohnson leaves19:06
* github-ff joins19:12
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vKcz1
fcrepo4/master 95e7962 Jared Whiklo: Add a logger warning when using fcrepo-connector-file (#1065)...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins19:35
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4565 (master - 95e7962 : Jared Whiklo): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/bf8860d9038f...95e796273101
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/144028404
* travis-ci leaves
* jrgriffiniii joins19:59
* dchandekstark joins22:24
* dchandekstark leaves22:29
* peichman joins23:12
* peichman1 joins
* peichman leaves
* peichman1 leaves23:35
* dchandekstark joins00:26
* dchandekstark leaves00:30

Generated by Sualtam