Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* thomz joins02:47
* acoburn joins08:29
* acoburn leaves08:37
* arebenji joins08:50
* bseeger joins08:57
* ajs6f joins09:00
* whikloj joins09:10
* peichman joins09:40
* peichman leaves09:49
* peichman joins09:50
* awoods joins10:03
* github-ff joins10:07
[fcrepo4] escowles pushed 1 new commit to modeshape5: https://git.io/voxjz
fcrepo4/modeshape5 c177adc Andrew Woods: Upgrade to Modeshape-5.1.0-FINAL (#1058)...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins10:24
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4534 (modeshape5 - c177adc : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/7477d568e374...c177adc8f9c0
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/141350361
* travis-ci leaves
* apb18 joins10:42
* thomz leaves10:56
<ajs6f>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-06-30+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting, right?10:57
* manez joins
<barmintor>is the call happening right now?
<ajs6f>I thought so— maybe I am off?
<awoods>barmintor: in three minutes
<ajs6f>I'm just enjoying the delicious FreeConferenceCall hold music. Oh, wait, ruebot and whikloj ruined it for me.10:58
So sweet and funky...
* markj joins
<ajs6f>Some of that Hall and Oates flavor.10:59
* escowles joins
* ajs6f is here, muted, listening to "I Can't Go For That".11:01
<barmintor>Ben- or someone like him.
<bseeger>* is here *11:02
* yinlin joins
<barmintor>Coincidence- something like it.
<ajs6f>barmintor's army of clones ranges on. But in the quiet, sensible manner that we've come to expect.
<barmintor>A labyrinth- or something like it.
(that was because awoods said "amazing")11:03
* acoburn joins
<barmintor>(it's v funny when you think about it)
* yinlin leaves
<barmintor>WHOA
<ajs6f>FEEDBACK!
* yinlin joins
<escowles>someone's trolling the tech call with the tech call
<barmintor>HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE
<ajs6f>The system is attaining concsiousness and joining the tech call on its own account.
That is some King Tubby level dub sound.11:04
* barmintor has died
<ruebot>markj: you're here twice.
markj: you inceptioned the call.
<escowles>maybe a device that didn't make as much noise when being moved across the desk?
<barmintor>markj: please provide a stacktrace of that feedback11:05
<acoburn>awoods: I'm also here
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-06-30+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting
<escowles>convenient11:06
<whikloj>ruebot++
<escowles>ruebot++
<whikloj>https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-kernel-filesystem11:08
<awoods>https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-karaf11:09
<ajs6f>What are the conditions for exts, again?
Fcrepo can't go for that.11:10
<ruebot>needs a second maintainer too, right?
move to archive11:11
<whikloj>+1 archive
<ruebot>move 'em all to archive
<whikloj>+1 ^^
<escowles>+1
<ajs6f>That's never stopped us before.11:13
I have not heard, but I haven't been at the office for weeks.11:14
<awoods>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-196011:15
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-206511:16
* peichman leaves11:21
<escowles>+1 # should be able to define which users can delegate11:24
<barmintor>I think this ticket requires a document of expected behaviors we can test against11:27
<ruebot>barmintor++
<awoods>barmintor++
<ajs6f>barminot++
also barmintor++
but for totally unrelated reasons
* peichman joins11:28
<barmintor>barmido, barminot, barminaybe
acoburn: we *should*, but there's no existing behavior to be supported is all I'm trying to say11:29
acoburn: it would be worth looking at delegation as a separate user acct characteristic in the future, and then relying on the intersection behavior of WebAC to deal with the11:31
acoburn: multitenancy11:32
escowles++ // or what esme says
* manez leaves
<ajs6f>Yeah, escowles++ AND delegation as a quality of users is better11:33
* manez joins
<ajs6f>even better would be delegation as a relationship between users, which is actually what we are TRYING TO MODEL
<barmintor>ajs6f: agree, but then you get into the weeds of role mgmt11:34
<escowles>ajs6f: yes, which takes us in the direction of modeling users in the repo somehow
<ajs6f>escowles: Erm, yes. Which doesn't make me ecstatic. Maybe better to think about it as moving us towards representating users as Linked Data. In repo or not? Different question.
<escowles>ajs6f: yes, that's fair — could just say user URIs have to dereference and have X property to define other users that they can delegate to11:35
<ajs6f>barmintor: Ish. You definitely get into the weeds of a simple common model. (Whether or not maintained by the repo.)
<barmintor>I am +1 to admin-only right now, new ticket for separate acct trait in 4.x11:36
<escowles>hypothetically, if you remove admin from the list of users who can delegate, then it's your own lookout if that's then not compatible11:38
<ajs6f>escowles: Sure, dereference, or a graph that has all of the relationships in it.11:39
<ruebot>barmintor++
<ajs6f>barmintor++11:40
<barmintor>and killing ISPN11:42
and release it right after Duke finishes their migration.11:43
<escowles>none of my babies came with mute buttons11:45
<whikloj>escowles++
<awoods>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2055
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-202811:48
* github-ff joins11:49
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vopWC
fcrepo4/master a762a62 Benjamin Armintor: FCREPO-2064 standardize exception debugging in JAXRS ExceptionMapper impls (#1060)
* github-ff leaves
<barmintor>ajs6f++ // thanks!11:50
<ajs6f>barmintor: no, thank you. for all that you do. every day. in every way.11:51
<barmintor>ajs6f: I actually had a moment of wishing exception mappers were all functions generated with an exception class and a http status value11:52
ajs6f: they're almost all boilerplate around a class and an int
<ajs6f>barmintor: Any time you start with something explicitly called a "mapper", you know that's where you are going.
<barmintor>ajs6f++ // good point
<ajs6f>a map of maps of maps of maps from maps to the map itself11:53
* apb18 leaves
<ruebot>http://www.discoverygarden.ca/blog/2016/6/16/scaling-islandora
<escowles>"Research and Development on a new back end solution for organizations who are interested in a large scale alternative to Fedora."11:54
<ruebot>That was the follow-up blog post after the presentation.
"A lot of the work you have described is the exact rational for moving to new community approved architecture with CLAW, and I've heard for multiple community members that discoverygarden doesn't support Fedora 4 and the new project. In my role as project director, I've had a number of people ask me for alternative support services companies in the community that will support their desire to support the project and contribute to it. And, 11:55
<ajs6f>DGI is becoming the new VTLS.11:56
<ruebot>it is11:59
<ajs6f>I'm surprised to be this happy about intelectual property arrangments.
<barmintor>I went back in time and talked to the last Fedora 3 dev, he's kind of miffed that DGI is suddenly invested in the backend a year after EOL
<ruebot>barmintor: fcrepo3 vendor lock-in.
<escowles>right, is the strategy here to give people an alternative to migrating to fedora 4 that is a fully-locked-in proprietary system they own?12:00
<ruebot>ajs6f++
<ajs6f>barmintor: The Last Dev. Sounds cooler than it must be.
escowles: That is my suspicion as well.12:01
escowles: I would really like to hear from DGI about their intentions.12:02
<ruebot>well, i'll just say, so another vendor?
awoods++ ajs6f++12:03
<ajs6f>acoburn: Did you put that item about Commons RDF on the agenda12:04
?
<acoburn>ajs6f: yes
<whikloj>ajs6f: it was #6
oops #7
* ruebot raises hand12:05
<whikloj>ruebot: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+Import+-+Export
<ruebot>yessir
<ajs6f>whikloj:acoburn: Yeah-yeah. We should talk about that. It might give me the motivation to do a Jena impl for Commons
* ruebot adds name
<barmintor>awoods ajs6f I know several members of Hydra-Steering are talking about this12:06
<ajs6f>barmintor: BagIt? Or the DGI thing?12:07
<barmintor>bagit
<escowles>yep: export from fedora to bags, store those bags in APTrust or wherever, fetch back and restore them if/when fedora fails12:08
<ajs6f>escowles: "If"?
<bseeger>*has to run*
<escowles>ajs6f: given enough time, "if" always becomes "when"
<ajs6f>escowles++12:09
<markj>thanks!
* bseeger leaves
<barmintor>escowles: look who's a proponent of the possible all of sudden
* barmintor has the smooth jazz
<ruebot>awoods: notes are done.
* markj leaves
<ruebot>barmintor: yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
<awoods>thanks ruebot
<ruebot>awoods: de nada!12:10
<ajs6f>ruebot++ // how do he do it so fast?
<whikloj>ajs6f: ruebot plays fast and loose with the details12:11
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4535 (master - a762a62 : Benjamin Armintor): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/abd48c283c8b...a762a627eb5d
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/141378648
* travis-ci leaves
<ajs6f>whikloj: Yeah, I was wondering why there's so much in so many previous meeting's minutes about how handsome and charming ruebot is. Didn't seem entirely germane.12:12
<whikloj>ajs6f: the CLAW ones are all cat videos
<ajs6f>whikloj: Well, duh. Who has claws, after all?12:13
barmintor: If you want, hook me into your work to analyze that auth question. I should be able to supply an hour or so for any particular problem you want to hand off.
<barmintor>ajs6f: will you be online tomorrow?12:14
<whikloj>ajs6f++
<ajs6f>barmintor: Should be. At least IRC and email. I may or may not be doing webcam sessions.12:15
<barmintor>ajs6f: I'm a keyboard phenomenon with trace audio, video is not my concern12:16
<ajs6f>barmintor: What will you do in the era of Google Smell Hangouts?12:19
<barmintor>ajs6f: you'll all be very sorry that's for sure
<ajs6f>barmintor: I live with a two year old, a seven month year old, two dogs (+sixty lbs each), five cats, and seven chickens. I fear no smells.12:21
* barmintor laughs out loud
you forgot the pickled fish!
<ajs6f>barmintor: that's the _good_ smell!12:22
* github-ff joins12:25
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted fcrepo-2064 at a4541ba: https://git.io/vop05
* github-ff leaves
* yinlin leaves12:27
<ruebot>awoods: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2066 -- hopefully that works.12:37
<awoods>got it. thanks, ruebot.12:43
* escowles leaves12:53
<ajs6f>Is http://irclogs.fcrepo.org/ down again?13:40
* ajs6f leaves13:43
* ajs6f joins
Is http://irclogs.fcrepo.org/ down again?
<acoburn>ajs6f: so is jenkins.fcrepo.org13:51
awoods: ^^^13:52
<ajs6f>Prolly just alien invasion or something.
<awoods>on call irc13:54
on call
* apb18 joins13:57
<awoods>back14:01
<ajs6f>in black
<awoods>peichman: any work on devtools?
ajs6f/acoburn: it looks like that whole server is down.14:02
http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/
http://sonar.fcrepo.org/
http://irclogs.fcrepo.org/
<ajs6f>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74dJMT75csk
* f4jenkins leaves14:03
<peichman>awoods: not that I know of, but checking with the team
* f4jenkins joins14:05
<awoods>peichman: I did a ./control restart, and we are back.14:06
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!14:37
Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #1027: FIXED in 3 min 0 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/1027/
Yippee, build fixed!14:41
Project fcrepo-webapp-plus build #671: FIXED in 1 min 14 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-webapp-plus/671/
* bseeger joins15:01
<ruebot>awoods++ #nice highlights email :-)15:13
* peichman leaves15:20
<awoods>that is generous of you ruebot15:27
* ajs6f leaves15:28
<awoods>afk15:35
* arebenji leaves16:26
* manez leaves16:42
* bseeger leaves16:47
* apb18 leaves17:11
* acoburn1 joins17:30
* acoburn1 leaves17:31
* acoburn leaves
* acoburn joins17:35
* apb18 joins17:40
* whikloj leaves17:56
* apb18 leaves17:58
* acoburn leaves18:06
* apb18 joins18:07
* apb18 leaves18:17
* apb18 joins18:49
* apb18 leaves20:03
* acoburn joins20:05
* acoburn leaves20:10
* apb18 joins20:24
* apb18 leaves20:42

Generated by Sualtam