Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* arebenji leaves00:06
* thomz joins02:53
* awoods joins08:44
* dwilcox joins08:46
* whikloj joins08:59
* peichman joins09:59
* peichman1 joins10:16
* peichman leaves10:18
<whikloj>awoods: ping10:36
<awoods>whikloj
<whikloj>awoods: finally getting to FCREPO-2028 (Deprecate fcrepo-connector-file), do you normally add a @deprecated javadoc tag or just annotate the class?10:37
<awoods>whikloj: javadoc tag
<whikloj>awoods: ok, and the plan is to move this out of fcrepo core and make it a pluggable module (like transform)?10:39
<awoods>whikloj: good point. Actually, that ticket should be changed. We are not actually "deprecating" fcrepo-connector-file, we are just moving it out of core and turning it into an optional module (like transform).10:41
<whikloj>awoods: Sooooooo, then we are really wanting a way to let someone know that filesystem federation is no longer available by default and that they need to install the extra jar10:44
<awoods>whikloj: actually, we will install the extra jar for them in fcrepo-webapp-plus.
whikloj: We should update the wiki documentation to make it more clear which features are optional, and found only in webapp-plus.10:45
<peichman1>awoods: would they become like the aduit feature, where you can build fcrepo-webapp-plus either with or without that feature?10:46
<awoods>peichman1: yes... unless we feel like it makes sense to always include federation in webapp-plus, like transform.10:48
<whikloj>+1 optional
<peichman1>+1 optional
<awoods>ok
<whikloj>awoods: Do you have a preference for the new repo name? fcrepo-federation? fcrepo-file-connector?10:53
<awoods>whikloj: I would prefer to keep it unchanged: fcrepo-connector-file10:55
<whikloj>awoods++
* thomz leaves10:59
* mikeAtUVa joins11:01
<barmintor>blargh running afk back in a sec11:03
* escowles joins
<whikloj>works on a mac if I use Firefox, no chrome11:14
<barmintor>sorry, back11:16
would also be interesting to try to map out a bagit profile that mapped to, say json-ld. like a context for your bag-info.11:22
<ruebot>barmintor++11:35
barmintor: i'd be interested in that too. ...time permitting :-)
<awoods>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-205311:45
<whikloj>barmintor++11:54
* peichman joins11:55
* peichman1 leaves11:56
<ruebot>barmintor: https://github.com/ruebot/bagit-profiles -- should we look at that again? (sorry, sitting at airport and have no vocal context)11:57
<barmintor>ruebot: yes
<ruebot>barmintor++11:58
* ruebot thinks he should put that in some other format that markdown and hosted in his own github repo11:59
<barmintor>escowles: http://fedora.info/spec/2016/05/20/resource-versioning
<escowles>barmintor: this is the relevant section, right? http://fedora.info/spec/2016/05/20/resource-versioning#common-http-response-headers
<barmintor>escowles: yes, that's what advertises the versioning12:00
escowles: also note 3.1: "A versioned resource is indicated by an interaction model TBD."12:01
escowles: so, you know: it's a draft12:02
escowles: but I beleive part of our CRUD spec proposla also includes stringer requirements re: requesting ixn models on POST12:03
<escowles>barmintor: and do you think we'll agree on one ixn model, or support advertising which ones are supported?12:05
* escowles afk # lunch
<barmintor>escowles: I am hoping that something along the lines of ldp:Versioning is just an additional, non-exclusive ixn model to be used in conjunction with others12:06
ruebot: does bag-info support the same denotation of URI values as HTTP Headers?12:08
* peichman1 joins12:09
* peichman leaves
* ruebot looks12:10
barmintor: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kunze-bagit-13#section-2.2.2 -- looks silent on that to me12:11
barmintor: maybe have a profile that specifies something for the 'External-identifier' value?12:12
<barmintor>ruebot: I see some suggestive content in my archivematica output12:14
ruebot: Bag-Software-Agent: bagit.py <http://github.com/libraryofcongress/bagit-python>
<whikloj>awoods:12:17
<ruebot>barmintor: Bag-Software-Agent: bagit.py <http://github.com/edsu/bagit>12:18
barmintor: that's what i got on my end
<barmintor>ruebot: could send some PRs around to drop the label, keep the URI, have the BagIt spec refreshed to include -Software-Agent and -Profile12:19
<ruebot>barmintor++
<barmintor>ruebot: then include structural info as a tagfile, context info as a tagfile and you could roundtrip to json-ld12:21
<ruebot>barmintor: i like where this is going
<barmintor>ruebot: it's like an update to DSpace-mets-zip!12:22
<ruebot>barmintor: so, you're saying we solved fcrepo/dspace interop too!?12:23
<barmintor>ruebot: it's been a very productive morning12:24
<whikloj>escowles: maven/audit/webapp-plus question (if you have second)
<ruebot>barmintor: we're gonna be internet famous!12:25
<barmintor>"you could be millionaires"
* apb18 joins12:26
<ruebot>apb18: i'm stuck in the newark airport, so won't be on the api-x call :-(12:34
<apb18>ruebot: Not fun! Sorry to hear that.12:35
<ruebot>apb18: better than being stuck at the wtc path terminal for 40 minutes last night :-)12:38
<apb18>You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike12:41
<escowles>whikloj: sorry, just getting back from lunch in time for another meeting... i'll have time in about 30 minutes13:00
* Ruth joins13:01
<whikloj>escowles: I tried to build the webapp-plus with audit off of fcrepo. I seem to get the warning about not setting the fcrepo.modeshape.configuration. Can I add that to any of these spring files?13:02
https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/tree/master/src/audit/resources/spring
or should that be left as a property the end user must set?
* diegopino joins13:03
<apb18>https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-api-x/issues/18#issuecomment-22757036413:04
<awoods>whikloj: see: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2052
whikloj: the user should set that configuration
<whikloj>awoods: so you can't just do 'mvn clean install -Paudit' anymore, you need a -Dfcrepo.modeshape.configuration=...13:05
awoods: I did seem to be able to build with -Pwebac though, but ok13:06
<awoods>whikloj: oh... your are talking about building
<whikloj>awoods: yes, the tests (I think) seem to fail
<awoods>whikloj: the code should build without setting that configuration manually
whikloj: feel free to add a property in the pom.xml for the integration tests.13:07
whikloj: although that is odd that webac has no trouble building. Sounds like some investigation is needed.
<whikloj>awoods: I tried adding the property under that profile, but I ended up having to set the "system property"13:08
probably not the best way, but me and maven have a love-hate relationship
<awoods>whikloj: yes, it needs to be a system property. In the pom/integration-test section you can do that.
<whikloj>awoods: ok, I'll try putting that property there instead. thanks13:09
* peichman1 leaves
<awoods>whikloj: I am on a call... but can look at it afterwards if you want to focus on getting the federation wired in.
<whikloj>awoods: I'm on the same call ;)13:10
<awoods>whikloj: me too
<diegopino>apb18: presentation was fine!13:11
* dwilcox leaves13:12
<awoods>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UHQMXgnGoIXfe33a6CM6k3IkL3SsYqzkkWBRMaJxMew/edit#heading=h.4i3nh0f6lfpn13:20
* Ruth_ joins13:24
<awoods>Ruth_: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UHQMXgnGoIXfe33a6CM6k3IkL3SsYqzkkWBRMaJxMew/edit#heading=h.4i3nh0f6lfpn
<escowles>awoods: fyi, i was able to view the OR recordings after i installed silverlight and used a non-chrome browser (i think chrome doesn't support the old-style plugins any more)13:28
<awoods>escowles: thanks
<barmintor>escowles: :-/13:29
<escowles>barmintor: awoods: yeah, i think sending a note saying that it's not very open would be good — something that supported html5 video like youtube would be much more accessible and in keeping with the conference13:30
<awoods>escowles: agreed... I will see if dwilcox send a note.13:31
intercepting +113:32
<apb18>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PMM7Q6WVF6QrsyQ2YKoJItfj4w8DDPPx8rpFJVxEXco/edit?disco=AAAAAsYe3_o
<awoods>escowles: this works on Ubuntu in Opera: http://www.infoworld.com/article/2697813/install-silverlight-alternative-pipelight-in-ubuntu-14-04.html13:33
* dwilcox joins13:54
* Ruth_ leaves14:02
* Ruth leaves14:03
<whikloj>awoods:14:04
<awoods>whikloj
<whikloj>awoods: I have deleted the fcrepo-connector-file directory, removed the module from the pom.xml and removed the fcrepo4-bom/pom.xml. But it still appears in my maven repo when I build it. Off the top of your head, something else to edit?14:06
this fcrepo4 I am building
<awoods>whikloj: There must be some transitive dependency...14:07
<whikloj>awoods: ok, I'll do some grepping.
awoods: thanks
<awoods>whikloj: find . -name pom.xml -exec grep -H fcrepo-connector-file "{}" \;14:08
<whikloj>awoods: hmmm yes, fcrepo-http-api and fcrepo-webapp14:09
* peichman joins15:15
* peichman leaves15:22
<whikloj>awoods: is it acceptable to remove the tests from fcrepo-http-api that require fcrepo-connector-file? Or do you want me to just change the dependency to the new artifact?
<awoods>whikloj: can you transition those tests either into fcrepo-webapp?15:23
whikloj: remove "either"
* peichman joins15:24
<whikloj>awoods: fcrepo-webapp or fcrepo-webapp-plus?
<awoods>whikloj: fcrepo-webapp-plus, yes. If so, they would need to be active only when the -Pfederation profile is active, which should be possible.15:25
<whikloj>awoods: ok, I think I can do that15:26
<awoods>whikloj: give it a shot
<whikloj>awoods: and there should not be a dependency on the file-connector anywhere in fcrepo4, correct?15:32
<awoods>whikloj: correct
<whikloj>awoods: thanks
<awoods>whikloj: and thank you15:33
* diegopino leaves15:36
<barmintor>hey awoods15:42
<awoods>barmintor: yo
<barmintor>got a sec for a brief hangout?
<awoods>sure
barmintor: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/event/c1glu6soq43r1rr6ou17qtobug815:43
* peichman leaves15:47
* peichman1 joins
* peichman1 leaves15:49
* awoods leaves16:27
* enleeten_ leaves
* awoods joins
* enleeten_ joins16:28
* peichman joins16:31
* dwilcox leaves16:55
* apb18 leaves
* peichman leaves17:08
* peichman joins17:10
* peichman leaves
<whikloj>awoods:17:46
another time17:49
* whikloj leaves
* escowles_ joins18:50
* escowles leaves18:53
* dwilcox joins19:40
* dwilcox leaves19:56
* mikeAtUVa leaves23:01

Generated by Sualtam