Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* jcoyne leaves00:06
* tjohnson leaves03:36
* kat3_drx joins07:52
* kat3_drx leaves
* kat3_drx joins07:53
* kat3_drx leaves07:58
* kat3_drx joins08:15
* kat3_drx leaves08:20
* kat3_drx joins08:28
* dwilcox joins08:44
* kat3_drx leaves08:53
* acoburn joins09:03
* ddavis leaves09:05
* kat3_drx joins
* whikloj joins09:12
* kat3_drx leaves09:24
* github-ff joins09:42
[fcrepo4] awoods force-pushed modeshape5 from c94f9a9 to 7477d56: https://git.io/vrFht
fcrepo4/modeshape5 c08d8fe Andrew Woods: Upgrade to ModeShape 5.0.0.Final...
fcrepo4/modeshape5 05eb5b8 Andrew Woods: Remove references to Infinispan, and default Modeshape configuration...
fcrepo4/modeshape5 1ad1855 Andrew Woods: Only create one-click if Maven profile is used: -Pone-click...
* github-ff leaves
* peichman joins09:44
* travis-ci joins10:03
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4512 (modeshape5 - 7477d56 : Bill Branan): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/c94f9a93c813...7477d568e374
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/136701889
* travis-ci leaves
<barmintor>dwilcox: ping10:22
<dwilcox>barmintor Hey I'm here10:23
<barmintor>dwilcox: hey so I don't know how much facilities talk you've had re: camp in Nov10:24
<dwilcox>barmintor: I'm waiting to hear back on details. Apparently there have been some challenges in terms of finding a big enough room10:25
<barmintor>dwilcox: but the plenary room is probably not good for all-day working
dwilcox: exactly
dwilcox: so we will be trying to split hand-on activities into smaller rooms & reconvening10:26
(probably)
dwilcox: and Rob knows that this require maybe a little more personnel
so I am under the impression that I am supposed to be a "bonus" instructor
dwilcox: at least that's how Rob & I had talked about it10:27
dwilcox: but one woy or the other, I am supposed to be there
<dwilcox>barmintor: Hmm, ok - so we're thinking a team of 6 instructors to accommodate splitting up the rooms for hands-on?
<barmintor>dwilcox: something like- that keeps us in the library, and prevents having to rent rooms10:28
(which a quite expensive here)
<ruebot>6 instructors!?
<dwilcox>ruebot: We typically have 5 (including me and awoods)10:29
<barmintor>ruebot: be careful where you pipe up
ruebot: you're not that far away
<dwilcox>ruebot: Interested in coming to NYC in November?
<ruebot>if i get to hang out with diego and ben, sure :-)10:30
...well, dwilcox and awoods too
...and if you honestly believe i know what i'm doing :-D
<dwilcox>ruebot: Yeah, METRO will be involved so I'm sure Diego will be there
ruebot: I'll follow up with you with some details10:31
<ruebot>dwilcox: yeah, he's moving in august iirc
<barmintor>I wonder where the METRO facility will be then
they're also moving
<dwilcox>barmintor: I'll talk to awoods about the room config. We typically try to weave the hands-on stuff in with the presentations so we'll need to consider how best to structure things10:32
<barmintor>dwilcox: it's an opportunity to experiment!10:33
<awoods> dwilcox/barmintor: splitting the team could present a challenge, for sure.
dwilcox/barmintor: basically, it could amount to two separate workshops
<barmintor>the other options involve either/and increased costs, non-library locations10:35
both of which would make me sad
(I like our library)
<awoods>barmintor: you were at CalTech... do you see how that could have worked had we split the group?10:36
<barmintor>awoods: that's why I'm saying it would require additional instructprs
awoods/dwilcox I'll send y'all some pictures of rooms & capacities10:37
<awoods>barmintor: people could lap it.
<barmintor>yeah10:38
like I said, we'll get you some visuals, see what you think
<awoods>barmintor: one of the big values, as I see it, in the workshops is having a team of instructors participating in the discussion and sharing opinions.10:39
<barmintor>well look: I'm not saying you can't use the plenary room. I am saying I would not want to sit in those chairs with the tiny built-in desk for 7 hours10:41
so, you know
up to y'all
<awoods>...to be continued10:44
<barmintor>(of course I also *would* sit in them, that wasn't a threat!)10:45
hey awoods I learned this week that in Fedora 3 you could ingest an object without an AUDIT datastream and it was fine but also no AUDIT datastream would be created.10:50
I am fascinated by this.
<awoods>the mysteries of F3 continue to unfold...10:51
<barmintor>I know!
it's like reading the Fellowship of the Ring: crusty and old but always revealing some weird quirk you never noticed before
<awoods>a true modern classic10:52
<whikloj>barmintor: eventually you throw it in the fire... right?10:53
<barmintor>whikloj: I dunno I haven't got to the end yet
whikloj: we keep adding epilogues
<whikloj>barmintor: then it truly is the never-ending story10:54
<ruebot>is ben falkor?12:49
<whikloj>and fedora 3 is "the nothing"13:05
<ruebot>whikloj++
* dwilcox leaves13:36
<acoburn>awoods: ping14:24
* th5 joins14:39
* peichman1 joins14:59
* peichman leaves
* dwilcox joins15:12
<acoburn>dwilcox: ping
<dwilcox>acoburn: Hi acoburn15:13
<acoburn>dwilcox: I'm planning to join the OR meeting remotely on Monday
dwilcox: but I'm lazy and want to sleep in as long as possible15:14
dwilcox: so, I'm planning to skip the intro part
dwilcox: but do you have an idea when the main part of the meeting will start?
<dwilcox>acoburn: You mean the Tech meeting?
<acoburn>dwilcox: yes: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-06-13+-+Open+Repositories+Tech+Meeting15:15
<dwilcox>acoburn: You should ask awoods - I will be running the Fedora 4 workshop so I won't be at that meeting
<acoburn>dwilcox: thanks, I'll ask him
dwilcox: I hope you have a great time in Dublin15:16
<dwilcox>acoburn: Thanks! Looking forward to it
<awoods>acoburn: if you come on at 9:45am Dublin time, that is probably a reasonable amount of time for introductions... unless there are a lot of people that show up who have not indicated on the wiki.15:42
<acoburn>awoods: thanks, I will appreciate the extra 45 minutes of sleep!
<awoods>acoburn: if you can set up an alarm that is triggered by an email with a certain subject line... I can work with that as well.15:43
<acoburn>awoods: that's too complicated — I'll just set my alarm for ~4:3015:44
<awoods>old school
<acoburn>you know it
* dwilcox leaves16:13
* dwilcox joins16:14
* dwilcox leaves
* ruebot wonders if he signed up16:17
* th5 leaves16:40
* travis-ci joins17:04
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel-toolbox#241 (master - 7fcb914 : Aaron Coburn): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/compare/ac6fdb7c7eaf...7fcb914c9af2
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/builds/133254102
* travis-ci leaves
* peichman1 leaves17:27
* awoods leaves17:40
* acoburn leaves17:42
* whikloj leaves
* dwilcox joins21:01
* dwilcox leaves21:48
* f4jenkins joins23:11