Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dwilcox joins07:36
* dwilcox leaves07:40
* dwilcox joins07:41
* jcoyne joins07:50
* jcoyne leaves08:09
* jcoyne joins08:26
* th5 joins08:36
* dwilcox leaves08:52
* mikeAtUVa joins08:53
* whikloj joins08:55
* arebenji` joins08:58
* acoburn joins09:04
* peichman joins09:07
* jcoyne leaves09:26
* dwilcox joins09:32
* apb18 joins09:34
* dwilcox leaves09:36
* dwilcox joins09:37
* jcoyne joins09:52
* jcoyne leaves10:01
* bseeger joins10:06
* dwilcox leaves10:38
<acoburn>awoods: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-event-ontology/pull/1 this is all still "proof of concept" — should these changes be PRs or can I just push to the repo myself?10:39
<awoods>acoburn: in labs, feel free to push bootstrapping commits.10:41
<acoburn>awoods: thanks10:43
* ajs6f joins10:51
* dwilcox joins10:54
<peichman>is it possible (and if so, how) to configure the fcrepo-indexing-solr camel route to talk to solr over https?
I've tried setting the solr.baseUrl port to 443, and even adding the https:// scheme to the beginning of the url, but neither of those seem to work10:55
<awoods>peichman: I am sure it is possible... but I have not tried.10:56
<ajs6f>acoburn: ping ^^^^10:57
* dwilcox leaves
<acoburn>peichman: I've done this, but it goes a little beyond simple configuration10:58
peichman: basically, it involves writing your own blueprint.xml file10:59
* ajs6f is here
<awoods>All: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-05-19+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting
<peichman>acoburn: I'd be intereste din seeing how you did that11:00
acoburn: do you have any docs or pointers I could look at?
<ajs6f>Yup.
<acoburn>peichman: nope, but I could write some
*is here*11:01
<ajs6f>peichman: Cool vocal effect.
<peichman>acoburn: cool, I would appreciate
<bseeger>* is here *11:02
<ajs6f>WHAT IF NRUEST AND WHIKLOJ ARE ACTUALLY THE SAME PERSON WITH TWO CANADIAN HEADS?!?!
<ruebot>ajs6f: HAIL HYDRA
<whikloj>ajs6f: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/72/Mark_Wing-Davey_as_Zaphod_Beeblebrox.jpg
<ajs6f>whikloj:nruest: You guys do not look like I thought you did.11:03
* jcoyne joins
* jcoyne1 joins
<ajs6f>awoods: are you saying peichman just has weird breath?
<ruebot>can everybody mute?11:04
<ajs6f>OOOHHH. He walked right into that.11:05
* ruebot weeps
<ajs6f>It's the forgotten companion volum to I, Robot.
https://i-human.com/company-overview/11:06
* jcoyne leaves11:07
<ajs6f>Sure.11:09
Even plausible
If you trust Fedora with your data, you get what you asked for.11:10
<mikeAtUVa>I did..11:14
Hi, thanks.
<ajs6f>Which mweting?11:16
<whikloj>ajs6f: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-05-03+Fedora+Versioning+Review+Meeting11:18
<ruebot>whikloj++11:19
<whikloj>dhlamb++
<ruebot>OLE!11:23
"One standard with parts/chapters"++11:25
<awoods>https://github.com/fcrepo
<ajs6f>Our semantic versioing isn't.11:30
<ruebot>cheeseburger_repo++11:31
<ajs6f>Fedora 4: "Stick your cheese in it."11:32
<ruebot>"version as a unit"++11:35
<peichman>single version++
<acoburn>+1
* ruebot snorts
* whikloj weeps
* kefo joins
<mikeAtUVa>I'd argue you can't "manage" them.11:38
<ruebot>mike has a mic11:40
<whikloj>that sounds like dhlamb
<ajs6f>whikloj: No, dhlamb sounds like you imitating mikeAtUVa.11:41
<whikloj>ajs6f++11:42
* osmandin joins11:45
<peichman>soudns good to me11:46
* diegopino joins11:47
<whikloj>ajs6f++
also myspace++
<ajs6f>deprecation++11:48
<acoburn>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1992
<whikloj>deprecate all the things11:49
<peichman>funeral pyre++11:51
<ruebot>is it possible to do a nano or micro ramble?11:55
<whikloj>escowles++11:57
<ajs6f>+1 to everything escowles just said.
ruebot: Here is your nanoramble: "Well…"
<ruebot>ajs6f++
* dwilcox joins
<whikloj>+1 to a merge11:58
<peichman>+1 to single repo with ontologies in exts12:00
<whikloj>awoods: +1 to all that12:05
<peichman>+1
<whikloj>ajs6f__12:06
oops12:07
ajs6f++
<ajs6f>I'll fill in that blank: &^&(^%(.
<ruebot>awoods: notes are done, can you update the attendees? i didn't do that.
<whikloj>ajs6f: it was for an extra head
<ajs6f>whikloj: I barely have one functioning head.12:08
<whikloj>ajs6f: you gotta think about redundancy and disaster recovery, Sunday mornings can be rough and an extra head to share the thinking...12:09
<ajs6f>whikloj: That's why I got married. Doesn't help with the thinking, just keeps me in on Saturday night. BADUMP_CHING!12:12
<awoods>ruebot: thanks, will do. on a call now.12:13
<whikloj>ajs6f++12:14
ajs6f's wife+++++
<ajs6f>She is a long-suffering woman.
* ajs6f leaves12:15
* diegopino leaves12:31
* bseeger leaves12:49
* bseeger joins12:55
* bseeger leaves13:13
* bseeger joins13:20
<acoburn>awoods: is this ready to be merged? https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/103713:37
* bseeger leaves13:43
<awoods>acoburn: yes13:47
* bseeger joins13:48
* github-ff joins13:49
[fcrepo4] acoburn pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vr0oS
fcrepo4/master 1fb2e86 birkland: FCREPO-2025: Switch to a version of Jersey that does not leak memory (#1037)...
* github-ff leaves
* acoburn leaves13:51
* ajs6f joins
<awoods>acoburn: likewise, I think it is time to push: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/1033 , no?13:56
<ajs6f>awoods: Travis failed on that. Does it matter?13:57
<awoods>ajs6f: We should keep track of "random" test failures, but I do not think it is specifically related to this PR.13:59
<ajs6f>awoods: Okay by me. I think Travis is kind of a berk.
<awoods>ajs6f: I will build again locally just to double-make-sure.
* bseeger1 joins14:03
* bseeger leaves14:05
* bseeger1 leaves14:07
* bseeger joins14:08
* travis-ci joins14:09
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4470 (master - 1fb2e86 : birkland): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/ddb00120faa7...1fb2e86b3b9b
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/131485013
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins14:12
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vr0Pl
fcrepo4/master 04d534d Aaron Coburn: Use a userspace lastmodified property instead of jcr:lastModified (#1033)...
* github-ff leaves
* jcoyne1 leaves14:13
<peichman>acoburn: related to my earlier question about fcrepo-indexing-solr and https, Mohamed actually has a local patch for adding ssl support to fcrepo-indexing-solr14:17
acoburn: I've asked him to get in touch with you about a PR and getting this into upstream
* bseeger leaves14:21
<awoods>peichman: I believe acoburn has dropped off the channel14:22
<peichman>awoods: I see; I will ping later when I see him again
* bseeger joins14:23
* bseeger leaves14:25
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #1009: UNSTABLE in 4 min 7 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/1009/14:28
* bseeger joins14:29
* travis-ci joins14:32
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4471 (master - 04d534d : Aaron Coburn): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/1fb2e86b3b9b...04d534da3b44
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/131491002
* travis-ci leaves
* bseeger leaves14:34
* arebenji leaves14:39
* bseeger joins14:40
* bseeger leaves14:43
* github-ff joins14:45
[ontology] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: https://git.io/vr0Sb
ontology/master 19c22a3 Michael J. Giarlo: Add `inactive` state to Object Status Property list...
ontology/master 07c4114 Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #37 from mjgiarlo/patch-1...
* github-ff leaves
* bseeger joins14:46
* github-ff joins14:48
[fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl] mikedurbin opened pull request #30: Fixed a bug that resulted in an exception when deleting properties. (master...FCREPO-2027) https://git.io/vr09w
* github-ff leaves
* bseeger leaves14:49
* github-ff joins14:50
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] mikedurbin opened pull request #64: Added integration test for deleting a property. (master...FCREPO-2027) https://git.io/vr095
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>ruebot: This is now in master: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2025
* bseeger joins14:52
<ruebot>awoods++14:54
* bseeger leaves14:56
<awoods>it is good to have you back, mikeAtUVa.14:57
* dwilcox leaves15:00
* bseeger joins15:02
<mikeAtUVa>awood: thanks. It's good to be back.15:03
* jcoyne joins15:09
* dwilcox joins15:13
* kefo leaves15:18
* kefo joins
* ajs6f leaves15:37
* bseeger leaves15:40
* bseeger joins16:09
* th5 leaves16:10
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4-client] acoburn opened pull request #39: Add deprecation notice (master...deprecation) https://git.io/vrEfW
* github-ff leaves
* osmandin leaves16:22
* dwilcox leaves16:23
* dwilcox joins16:30
* github-ff joins16:46
[ontology] awoods opened pull request #38: Move objState.rdf to https://github.com/awoods/fcrepo-extra-ontologies (master...fcrepo-2030) https://git.io/vrELV
* github-ff leaves
<whikloj>awoods: your ready to move those ontologies?16:52
<awoods>whikloj: yes: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-2030
<whikloj>awoods: I don't see the indexing ontology being added16:53
https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-extra-ontologies/pull/2/files
awoods: doh forget it
eyes glazing over
<awoods>whikloj: hang in there, buddy.16:54
* github-ff joins
[ontology] whikloj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://git.io/vrEt9
ontology/master 54a50bc Andrew Woods: Move objState.rdf to https://github.com/awoods/fcrepo-extra-ontologies...
ontology/master a53b789 Jared Whiklo: Merge pull request #38 from awoods/fcrepo-2030...
* github-ff leaves
<whikloj>awoods: quick question what is the difference between the indexing ontology in fcrepo4-exts and fcrepo4-archive?16:56
<awoods>whikloj: do you have links?16:57
<whikloj>https://github.com/fcrepo4-archive/fcrepo-indexing-ontology/blob/master/indexing.rdf
https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-extra-ontologies/blob/master/indexing.rdf
<awoods>whikloj: those rdf documents are the same
whikloj: i.e. no difference
<whikloj>awoods: so why the one in fcrepo4-archive? Deprecation cycle?16:58
<awoods>whikloj: I suppose we could delete fcrepo-indexing-ontology... but that seems nuclear.
whikloj: what do you mean by "deprecation cycle"?
whikloj: is it unclear what I did?16:59
<whikloj>awoods: just unclear why we kept the second copy in archive
<awoods>whikloj: renamed fcrepo-audit-ontology, copied index.rdf into it, archived fcrepo-indexing-ontology.17:00
whikloj: what would you suggest we do with the copy that is in archive?
<whikloj>awoods: if they are the same, then we haven't lost anything and because you are moving fcrepo-indexing-ontology anyways, why not just have people now use the version inside fcrepo-extra-ontologies
awoods: burn the old one with fire17:01
<awoods>whikloj: nuke https://github.com/fcrepo4-archive/fcrepo-indexing-ontology?
<whikloj>awoods: yeah, or at the very least remove the indexing.rdf and update the README.md to direct people to the fcrepo-extra-ontologies repo17:02
<awoods>whikloj: that sounds like a good idea
whikloj: I will do that now
<whikloj>awoods++ # Then I'm closing the ticket17:03
<awoods>whikloj: not yet...
whikloj: there is one more PR coming
<whikloj>awoods: oops
awoods: I'll reopen it
mea culpa
* bseeger leaves17:06
* peichman leaves17:08
* dwilcox leaves
<awoods>whikloj: https://github.com/fcrepo4-archive/fcrepo-indexing-ontology/pull/2
<whikloj>awoods++ # But I have no access to that repo17:09
<awoods>whikloj: try now17:10
<whikloj>awoods: nope stills says I need write access
<awoods>whikloj: now
<whikloj>awoods++17:11
<awoods>whikloj: nice
* awoods lunchtime
* jcoyne leaves17:27
* apb18 leaves17:47
* whikloj leaves17:56
* jcoyne joins18:23
* jcoyne leaves19:09
* dwilcox joins19:21
* dwilcox_ joins19:24
* dwilcox leaves19:25
* dwilcox_ leaves19:34
* dwilcox joins19:39
* jcoyne joins20:44
* dwilcox_ joins20:49
* dwilcox leaves20:52
* apb18 joins20:56
* kefo leaves21:39
* dwilcox joins21:52
* apb18 leaves21:53
* dwilcox_ leaves
* dwilcox leaves22:12
* dwilcox joins
* mikeAtUVa leaves22:25
* mikeAtUVa joins22:35
* peichman joins22:36
* peichman leaves22:42
* github-ff joins22:44
[fcrepo4] mikedurbin opened pull request #1039: Updated to code to gracefully handle failure to migrate property. (master...FCREPO-1742) https://git.io/vrEyK
* github-ff leaves
* mikeAtUVa leaves22:47
* jcoyne leaves23:05
* jcoyne joins23:10
* jcoyne leaves23:16
* dwilcox leaves00:05
* dwilcox joins
* dwilcox leaves00:16