Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ajs6f joins08:05
awoods: Won't make the call, but I'll try to have IRC open JIC.
* peichman joins08:12
* jcoyne joins08:22
* peichman leaves08:31
<awoods>ajs6f: thanks for the heads up... we will try to be IRC-chatty08:57
<ajs6f>awoods: IRChatty.
* rbenji joins
* acoburn joins09:11
* whikloj joins09:13
* github-ff joins09:18
[fcrepo4] awoods opened pull request #1029: Upgrade to ModeShape 5.0.0.Final (master...fcrepo-1994) https://git.io/vwKR4
* github-ff leaves
* acoburn leaves09:35
* acoburn joins09:41
* peichman joins09:44
* bseeger joins09:53
* th5 joins09:55
* acoburn1 joins09:57
* acoburn leaves09:59
* bseeger leaves10:17
<barmintor>awoods: they scheduled an intern's exit interview over the 11 EDT slot, and I'm the only one available for it. so I have to miss the call.10:27
<ajs6f>barmintor: Say goodbye to the intern for me.
<barmintor>awoods: please encourage notes or whatever on the versioning doc
<awoods>barmintor: ok...
<barmintor>ajs6f: she's also reporting on usability work for our cataloging tools and dig collex site10:28
<awoods>barmintor: although there is an argument for you "not being available"
<barmintor>awoods: I agree, but I'm the on;y one on campus
<awoods>barmintor: are you running the 4.5.1 release?
<barmintor>awoods: I just stomped back from the other cubes
<ajs6f>barmintor: It's awesome that you get that. Our UX team is so overloaded they have nothing like the time to even do the usability research for _patron_facing tools.
<barmintor>awoods: we're spinning it up on our sufia dev VMs today & tomorrow10:29
<awoods>barmintor??10:30
<barmintor>awoods: "it" == the RC
awoods: ??
<awoods>barmintor: the release is being cut tomorrow, no?
<barmintor>Oh!
Yeah.
Sorry, I'm distracted.
* bseeger joins
<barmintor>awoods: I have the afternoon free tomorrow to cut the release10:31
<awoods>barmintor: great. please get in touch later today or tomorrow with myself, whikloj and escowles to coordinate.10:32
<barmintor>awoods: ok.
awoods: and it's a good thing, b/c a meeting invite just popped up in my inbox for the morning.10:36
<awoods>barmintor: stay focused ;)
<barmintor>awoods: thanks10:37
gotta run
* acoburn1 leaves10:39
* acoburn joins10:46
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-04-28+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting11:00
<acoburn>* is here *
<ruebot>https://gist.github.com/ruebot/1ece334d75989622dfcabe479b5c47fa11:05
rc_policy :+1:11:07
awoods: do you do a query of tickets in JIRA? Or just use the release notes feature?11:09
* acoburn1 joins11:10
* acoburn leaves
* yinlin joins11:11
<ruebot>awoods: https://jira.duraspace.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10051&version=1314511:13
<whikloj>ruebot++
<ruebot>https://jira.duraspace.org/projects/FCREPO -> "Releases" (left nav) -> Fedora 4.5.1 -> "Release Notes" (up towards the top)11:14
<bseeger>stepping away for a minute, will be right back11:28
back11:32
<ruebot>whikloj: i've corrupted you!11:44
<whikloj>ruebot: Auuuuuuugh
<ruebot>i like aaron.11:52
<whikloj>acoburn1++
<acoburn1>that would be fine11:53
I can host the meeting
<ruebot>who is on first?
* bseeger leaves12:05
* ajs6f leaves12:24
* peichman leaves12:43
* bseeger joins12:47
* th5 leaves12:56
* ruebot raises hand13:01
<awoods>whikloj: after this meeting, I was planning on retargeting my Mode5 PR to a new modeshape-5 branch, instead of master.13:02
* diegopino joins
<whikloj>awoods++
<ruebot>+1 to call time13:04
<awoods>+1 to Thurs @1pm13:05
<whikloj>sounds fine
<diegopino>works for me
* diegopino_ joins13:09
* diegopino leaves13:12
<whikloj>CLAW is13:15
using Github I mean, just ask ruebot13:16
<ruebot>should probably include a CONTRIBUTING.md too13:18
feel free to steal from this https://github.com/Islandora-CLAW/CLAW/blob/7.x-2.x/CONTRIBUTING.md
<awoods>We should have CLAs as a part of the process from the beginning.13:19
<ruebot>awoods++13:20
* Ruth joins
<whikloj>ruebot: can opened, worms all over the place13:21
* peichman joins13:29
<ruebot>acoburn1: you can squash on merge now in GitHub13:31
<whikloj>also if you have to revert something or cherry pick, less commits is better13:33
<ruebot>whikloj: exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly
<whikloj>works....sort of13:39
<ruebot>whikloj: eh, you got a shiny macbook. i have a real linux kernel :-P13:42
<whikloj>ruebot: true13:43
<ruebot>https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0PHJTgoU3bkcV9aUGF5YXlSNDQ/view13:48
looks a lot like the CLAW services
<diegopino>ruebot: true, so similar...13:57
<barmintor>whikloj: wellllll if you have to revert or cherry-pick more precise commits are better14:01
<whikloj>barmintor: agreed14:02
<diegopino>Other call.
<barmintor><- has had some issues with reversions that then have to be split into new commits
<diegopino>bye
<ruebot>barmintor: yeah, i had to cherry-pick a bunch of danny's commits last week since he is away. it was fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.14:04
* bseeger leaves14:05
<diegopino>acoburn1: we should have a FITS camel service talk one of this days14:06
<acoburn1>diegopino: yes, definitely! maybe part of an upcoming CLAW call? or separate from that?14:07
<diegopino>acoburn1: Claw call is fine. I suppose this would end being part of toolbox stuff also, if we find a good balance! We will be in islandora camp next week, so probably in 2 calls.14:08
<acoburn1>diegopino: that works for me. that will also give me some time to think about how this might be constructed
<diegopino>acoburn1++14:09
* bseeger joins14:10
<barmintor>awoods whikloj can we have a chat at 3:40 EDT ?
<awoods>barmintor: works for me14:11
barmintor... you mean today?
* bseeger leaves
<barmintor>awoods: yes, today
<awoods>barmintor: perfect
<barmintor>awoods: to talk about the checklist
* jrgriffiniii joins14:24
<whikloj>barmintor: yeah that works14:29
<acoburn1>diegopino: are you familiar with this: https://github.com/harvard-lts/FITSservlet14:35
<diegopino>acoburn1: yes i posted that one in the related issue yesterday14:36
acoburn1: did you had a chance to see it?
https://github.com/Islandora-CLAW/CLAW/issues/21214:37
acoburn1: you mean “familiar” in production
acoburn1: nope. Everything is an ongoing dream =)
<acoburn1>diegopino: got it. I've only used fits from the command line14:38
<diegopino>acoburn1: the release is pretty new, like 10 days ago
acoburn1: i will test this as soon as i have my other claw tasks done.14:39
<acoburn1>diegopino: the streaming upload via POST is most interesting to me
<diegopino>acoburn1: and will share with you
<acoburn1>diegopino++
<diegopino>yhe streaming upload via POST: my only problem with that would be double binary storage. But not sure how fast also the GET method would work on local files(directly from fedora4 bin storage? hu)14:42
<acoburn1>diegopino: accessing the binary directory directly would be a bad idea14:45
diegopino: retrieving Fedora resources should always happen through the REST API14:46
diegopino: my point about POST streaming is that you wouldn't need to store *all* of the binaries twice, just the one that's being analyzed.14:47
<diegopino>accessing the binary directory directly would be a bad idea, yeah, that’s why i added a “hu” =)14:49
* awoods leaves14:51
* diegopino leaves14:54
* acoburn1 leaves14:55
* awoods joins14:58
* yinlin leaves14:59
* awoods leaves15:01
* awoods joins
* github-ff joins15:03
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #1029: Upgrade to ModeShape 5.0.0.Final (master...fcrepo-1994) https://git.io/vwKR4
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins15:04
[fcrepo4] awoods created modeshape5 (+2 new commits): https://git.io/vw6rt
fcrepo4/modeshape5 ddaa7ab Andrew Woods: Upgrade to ModeShape 5.0.0.Final...
fcrepo4/modeshape5 7b2041f Andrew Woods: Remove references to Infinispan, and default Modeshape configuration...
* github-ff leaves
* bseeger joins15:31
* acoburn joins15:37
* jcoyne leaves15:38
<awoods>barmintor/whikloj: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/c1glu6soq43r1rr6ou17qtobug815:40
* dwilcox joins15:45
* jcoyne joins15:46
* peichman leaves15:59
* jcoyne leaves
* rbenji leaves16:00
* dwilcox leaves
* jcoyne joins16:06
* jcoyne leaves
* Ruth leaves16:18
* yinlin joins16:22
:awoods I forgot to ask during the tech meeting. Does it mean after F4 with Mode5, the F4 is no longer support cluster?
<awoods>yinlin: No, actual Mode5 still does clustering: https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/MODE50/Clustering16:23
<yinlin>https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/blob/b36d2ed92bd7aee25a2635b484ae0fd8f3cc9c1f/fcrepo-configs/src/main/resources/config/infinispan/clustered/infinispan.xml
oh. great! Thanks!16:24
<awoods>yinlin: It would be fantastic if you could use the new "modeshape5" branch and "clustered" configuration as a starting point to test out the functionality. I suspect the configuration in the modeshape5 branch will need some work for it to be functional.16:26
yinlin: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/tree/modeshape5
<yinlin>That is what I would like to try
<awoods>yinlin: that is what I would like you to try, too :)16:27
<yinlin>^^16:28
* yinlin leaves
* bseeger leaves16:32
* acoburn leaves16:47
* jcoyne joins16:51
* cmmills leaves17:08
* jrgriffiniii leaves17:14
* whikloj leaves17:45
* jcoyne leaves18:17
* jrgriffiniii joins18:58
* github-ff joins19:11
[fcrepo4] awoods opened pull request #1030: Only create one-click if Maven profile is used: -Pone-click (modeshape5...modeshape5) https://git.io/vwi3A
* github-ff leaves
* jrgriffiniii leaves21:48
* whikloj joins22:18
* github-ff joins22:30
[fcrepo4] whikloj pushed 3 new commits to modeshape5: https://git.io/vwigp
fcrepo4/modeshape5 d5ca9ea Andrew Woods: Only create one-click if Maven profile is used: -Pone-click...
fcrepo4/modeshape5 056d5e3 Andrew Woods: Remove servlet-auth configuration...
fcrepo4/modeshape5 7e02df7 Jared Whiklo: Merge pull request #1030 from awoods/modeshape5...
* github-ff leaves
* jcoyne joins22:42
* travis-ci joins22:48
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4437 (modeshape5 - 7e02df7 : Jared Whiklo): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/7b2041f78e30...7e02df7fec64
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/126550468
* travis-ci leaves
* whikloj leaves23:42

Generated by Sualtam