Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* jcoyne joins08:02
* jcoyne leaves08:23
* dhlamb joins08:35
* jcoyne joins08:41
* acoburn joins08:58
* jcoyne leaves09:01
* bseeger joins09:12
* whikloj joins09:22
* mcritchlow leaves09:27
* peichman joins09:45
* mohamedar joins09:47
* ajs6f joins10:02
awoods: I'm going to have to get out of this morning's meeting early (maybe 11:30) so i there's anything you want to talk about with me around, let's front-load it.10:13
<awoods>ajs6f: thanks... feel free to reorder the agenda10:14
<ajs6f>awoods: Okay. I'll move "Discuss how awesome ajs6f is" to the top.
<awoods>ajs6f: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-02-18+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting
* bseeger leaves
* github-ff joins10:15
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #986: Adding configuration for PostgreSQL and generic JDBC databases (master...jdbc) https://git.io/vghRX
* github-ff leaves
* jcoyne joins10:33
* mcritchlow joins10:38
* bseeger joins10:48
* github-ff joins10:50
[fcrepo4-vagrant] awoods created fcrepo4-vagrant-4.5.0-1 (+1 new commit): https://git.io/vghos
fcrepo4-vagrant/fcrepo4-vagrant-4.5.0-1 b8ed218 Andrew Woods: Update fcrepo-camel-toolbox version to 4.4.0 instead of LATEST
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins10:52
[fcrepo4-vagrant] awoods tagged 4.5.0-1 at 5289d40: https://git.io/vgho1
* github-ff leaves
* jrgriffiniii_ joins10:54
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4-vagrant] awoods deleted fcrepo4-vagrant-4.5.0-1 at b8ed218: https://git.io/vghKR
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>is the confluence wiki down?
<jrgriffiniii_>awoods: Apologies for the late notice, but I'm afraid that I'm experiencing a number of network connectivity issues afflicting my phone
awoods: I would normally offer to attempt to take notes using the web client for the call, but this appears to affect my connectivity elsewhere (I may be disconnected at random)10:55
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4-vagrant] awoods deleted 4.5.0-1 at 5289d40: https://git.io/vgh6k
* github-ff leaves
<jrgriffiniii_>awoods: May I please request to be delegated for notes next week?10:56
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo4-T2 build #510: ABORTED in 8 min 26 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-T2/510/
* github-ff joins10:57
[fcrepo4-vagrant] awoods created 4.5.0-1 (+1 new commit): https://git.io/vghos
fcrepo4-vagrant/4.5.0-1 b8ed218 Andrew Woods: Update fcrepo-camel-toolbox version to 4.4.0 instead of LATEST
* github-ff leaves
* yinlin joins11:00
* tjohnson joins
<awoods>jrgriffiniii_: np11:01
<acoburn>I'm here11:02
<jrgriffiniii_>awoods: Please disregard, wireless is functioning
* peichman leaves
* peichman1 joins
<ajs6f>What is the call access code?11:03
<acoburn>ajs6f: (712) 775-7035
<whikloj>ajs6f: 479307
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-02-18+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting
<ajs6f>awoods: The wiki is down.
whikloj++
* ajs6f is here.
Correct.11:04
<barmintor>acoburn++ thanks so much
<acoburn>agenda:11:05
Using Java 8 Streams for RdfStream interface
2. 1. Package naming and organization
3. Removing /fcr:nodetypes endpoint
4. Moving away from LevelDB to... MySQL? Postgres? other?11:06
5. Fedora Specification updates
6. Recent test results
<ruebot>acoburn++ #thanks!11:07
<ajs6f>It is not a good design.11:09
cbeer and I did that before we started breaking the Java API apart from the MODE impl.11:10
<barmintor>deprecated EmptyContainer, yadda yadda yadda11:11
<ajs6f>we had an "empty container"
?
<barmintor>LDP did
once
<ajs6f>oh, glad they lost that.11:12
<barmintor>replaced by MinimalContainer
(these are Prefer headers)
<whikloj>acoburn++ # awesome work11:19
<ajs6f>indeed acoburn++
<whikloj>awoods: agreed
* diegopino joins11:27
<barmintor>acoburn++ // removing circular dependencies on the pkg graph is a virtue11:28
<ajs6f>If there's one thing I'm into, it's INTENSIVE ASSESSMENT!11:30
<barmintor>but it seems like some analysis about this in the fcrepo package trees is something we could build into the release process, if not the full test suite
<ajs6f>barmintor: You mean as a block to release?11:31
<barmintor>ajs6f: I think it's a fair code quality consideration11:32
<ajs6f>barmintor: not against it. (putting in a check)
That is the price of improvement.11:33
<whikloj>or in the next version release11:35
* ajs6f is gone
<tjohnson>if possible, targeting a specific release would be great
<whikloj>maybe defining a version number for removal, so not a time frame but still a schedule11:36
<ruebot>https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/fedora-tech/1Gfsln0Ugug/lcoIP3DBCQAJ11:37
* ajs6f leaves
<whikloj>acoburn++ # If there are no objections, that feature will be slated to be removed in the 4.6.0 release.
<barmintor>I mean, I am deleted to see this very JCR thing not be part of Fedora's API later this year11:39
but I am a navel-gazing vanity11:40
<acoburn>escowles++11:44
<awoods>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1892
<ruebot>...and i was going to volunteer :-)
escowles++
<barmintor>awoods: this is a very good question11:51
awoods: if MODE 5 is out in March, OR is going to be... a thing.
yes, that is literally us. I am standing up a new FCR 4.x this and next week.11:52
<whikloj>awoods: +1 to opening up the alternate backend options in-front of a forced change at MODE 511:54
escowles++11:55
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ij4lFomcOJuOiWptZPyhP_wBRtxbqBP3_Rdw1eKmClM/edit11:56
* peichman1 leaves
* mcritchlow leaves11:57
* peichman joins
<barmintor>tjohnson++12:01
<bseeger>*has to leave*12:03
* escowles_ joins12:04
<barmintor>awoods: I did put a strawman up for fixity, per our last talk
awoods: it is very similar to the versioning scarecrow, but with EVEN MORE questions12:05
<awoods>barmintor: thanks... sorry we ran out of time to discuss it.12:06
* escowles leaves
<barmintor>awoods: there is a memento mori in that12:07
<awoods>barmintor: mori?12:08
<barmintor>awoods: we all run out of time eventually12:09
* bseeger leaves12:13
* yinlin leaves
* github-ff joins12:21
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #987: Adding specific version to deprecation warning (master...nodetypes-deprecation) https://git.io/vgjTe
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:27
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #987: Adding specific version to deprecation warning (master...nodetypes-deprecation) https://git.io/vgjTe
* github-ff leaves
<whikloj>general maven question, I have an old dependency that is not resolving. It is pulled in by some other dependency, how can I get the mvn dependency:tree with out it building and trying to download this dependency?12:40
<awoods>whikloj: "mvn --offline dependency:tree" ?12:41
<whikloj>awoods: nope, I guess it needs to download the artifacts to build the tree. I'll try providing a jar file.12:42
<jrgriffiniii_>Please find that the minutes have been published to the Confluence Page: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-02-18+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting12:43
<awoods>jrgriffiniii_++
* jcoyne leaves12:51
* jcoyne joins12:52
* github-ff joins13:09
[fcrepo4-vagrant] awoods opened pull request #35: Change fcrepo-camel-toolbox features artifact name. (master...fcrepo-1897) https://git.io/vgjGK
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>acoburn? ruebot? whikloj? could you give this one a quick look: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-189713:10
acoburn? ruebot? whikloj? specifically: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1897
* ruebot looks
<awoods>acoburn? ruebot? whikloj? specifically: https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo4-vagrant/pull/35
<ruebot>you mean this? https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo4-vagrant/pull/35 :-)13:11
<awoods>ruebot: yes
<whikloj>awoods: is toolbox-features a new artifact
<ruebot>awoods: makes sense to me. happy to hit merge with others are cool with it.
<whikloj>awoods: nevermind13:12
<ruebot>whikloj: you fine if i hit merge?13:13
co-maintainer!
* github-ff joins13:14
[fcrepo4-vagrant] escowles closed pull request #35: Change fcrepo-camel-toolbox features artifact name. (master...fcrepo-1897) https://git.io/vgjGK
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>oh. well escowles_ swooped in and took care of it.13:15
<awoods>you have to be quick when escowles_ is on the prowl.13:16
<whikloj>ruebot: I guess so, my understanding OSGI is limited, but I don't see that new artifact available. Does that come automatically?
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Corg.fcrepo.camel
<escowles_>ruebot: yeah, you gotta be quick when i'm checking my email and doing the easy merges13:17
<ruebot>escowles++13:18
<awoods>whikloj: toolbox-features has not been officially released, but SNAPSHOT releases are availabe in the Sonatype maven repository: https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/repositories/snapshots/content/org/fcrepo/camel/toolbox-features/4.4.1-SNAPSHOT/toolbox-features-4.4.1-20160212.000530-1-features.xml13:19
whikloj: since the vagrant config is looking for LATEST, it checks sonatype: https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo4-vagrant/blob/master/install_scripts/fedora_camel_toolbox.script#L1
<whikloj>awoods: Do we want to be using snapshot releases in vagrant, didn't we just have a problem with that?13:20
<awoods>whikloj: we do not want to release with snapshot releases in vagrant
whikloj: but there could also be an argument for not having snapshot releases in vagrant at all.13:21
whikloj: what do you want, co-maintainer?
<whikloj>awoods: just trying this vagrant out right now13:22
<ruebot>if it is meant to be a dev/testing environment, the snapshots make sense. so long was when we tag with a release version, nothing is snapshots.
<awoods>ruebot: agreed, on the one hand. On the other hand, if vagrant is using snapshots and then at release time we roll back to the last release of fcrepo-camel-toolbox, we will only find out then if things are broken.13:24
* ruebot gasps
<awoods>ruebot: it may be safest to bump the version found in vagrant/master every time an fcrepo-camel-toolbox release comes out.13:25
<barmintor>Apparently, not just *any* Tomcat 7+ https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5717313:26
<whikloj>awoods: ruebot: So using vagrant I get triples in the Fuseki but nothing in Solr.
<ruebot>awoods: would we give vagrant it's own release numbers?
<awoods>whikloj: how about now
<barmintor>of course somehow we happened do be deploying one of the two patch releases that chokes on annotation scaning
<awoods>ruebot: I would like to keep vagrant release numbers in sync with the version of fedora that is running on it.13:27
whikloj: how about now
whikloj: how about now, re:solr
<whikloj>awoods: how about now? I just built the machine, apres merge
<awoods>whikloj: query solr again
<whikloj>awoods: <result name="response" numFound="0" start="0"/>13:28
awoods: I'll play maybe I am going loopy
<awoods>whikloj: do you have auth and audit turned off?
<whikloj>awoods: on
I just did a git pull origin and vagrant up
<awoods>whikloj: did you do a "vagrant destroy" before "vagrant up"?
<whikloj>awoods: yes
<awoods>ruebot: does it work for you?13:29
* ruebot tests
<awoods>barmintor: I take it you are having tomcat issues?
<barmintor>awoods: yah13:30
<awoods>barmintor: how does those issue present themselves?
<ruebot>awoods, whikloj: false auth, false audit?
<awoods>ruebot: no
ruebot: default config: true/true
<acoburn>awoods: as you already know, I would argue that you don't want to use SNAPSHOT releases at all13:31
<barmintor>awoods: TC fails to start and you see "SEVERE: Unable to process Jar entry [path to a jar] for annotations"
* ruebot types vagrant up
<awoods>ruebot: there is a separate issue with false/false
barmintor: that is a pretty clear sign of an issue
<barmintor>awoods: lol, yes. yes it is13:32
<awoods>acoburn: since there is no release yet of fcrepo-camel-toolbox that contains serialization, I would suggest we remove LATEST from vagrant upon our next release of the toolbox.13:33
acoburn: and not return to the use of LATEST
<barmintor>awoods: the really annoying thing is that I think it starts once (when it unpacks the WAR) and then starts failing13:35
<ruebot>==> default: Adding feature url mvn:org.fcrepo.camel/toolbox-features/LATEST/xml/features13:36
==> default: Failed to get the session.
that might be a problem
==> default: Failed to get the session.
==> default: sed: can't read /opt/karaf/etc/org.fcrepo.camel.fixity.cfg: No such file or directory
==> default: sed: can't read /opt/karaf/etc/org.fcrepo.camel.fixity.cfg: No such file or directory
<awoods>barmintor: it is giving you hope... then the knife.
ruebot: the question is: do solr and fuseki get updates to f4?
<whikloj>ruebot: no, that would affect the fixity service. I saw that
<ruebot>awoods: i have solr results13:37
<whikloj>ruebot: I quit
<awoods>ruebot/whikloj: as a separate issue, we should make sure the fixity service is working in vagrant
<ruebot>awoods: i have a bunch of results in fuseki
<whikloj>my usefulness has been expended, thank you for your support
<ruebot>whikloj: i put another beer in the crate(s) of beer i owe you... and well, barmintor too.13:38
* acoburn leaves13:46
<whikloj>ruebot: if you are paying me in beer for my buffoonery, then thank you and please feel free to toss pennies at my feet while I dance :)13:48
<ruebot>whikloj++
awoods: shall i create a ticket for the fixity problem on vagrant? i can take care of it when i get back from the dentist.13:50
<awoods>ruebot: is fixity not working?
<ruebot>awoods: oh, just the vagrant errors i dumped into irc.13:51
<awoods>ruebot: it would be good to know if there is actually and issue or not
ruebot: but if there is an issue, by all means, smack it.
* bseeger joins13:52
<ruebot>awoods: i assume it is this chunk https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo4-vagrant/blob/master/install_scripts/fedora_camel_toolbox.sh#L37-L42
<whikloj>deleted my directory and re-cloned vagrant, trying again
<ruebot>vagrant@fedora4:~$ ls /opt/karaf/etc/org.fcrepo.camel.fixity.cfg13:53
ls: cannot access /opt/karaf/etc/org.fcrepo.camel.fixity.cfg: No such file or directory
<awoods>ruebot: yes, that file should exist13:54
* acoburn joins13:56
* dhlamb leaves14:03
<acoburn>awoods: fcrepo-1312 will require a number of follow-on tickets in fcrepo-audit, the auth modules, etc
* dhlamb joins
<awoods>acoburn: are you available to start generating those PRs?14:04
<acoburn>awoods: at least some of them14:06
<awoods>acoburn: I am not sure where the breakage will be yet... but can help once I do.14:07
* dhlamb leaves
<acoburn>awoods: wherever a package calls getTriples() you will find breakage14:08
<awoods>acoburn: sure, but...
<acoburn>awoods: right, there may also be other spots14:09
awoods: I'm working through fcrepo-audit now
* diegopino leaves14:20
* github-ff joins14:22
[fcrepo-audit] acoburn opened pull request #29: Modifications based on upstream changes (master...fcrepo-1312) https://git.io/vgjal
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>acoburn: I am searching for fcrepo-1312 breakage... and will hold off on the merge until they have been cleaned up.14:25
* bseeger leaves14:56
* bseeger joins14:57
* whikloj_ joins15:07
* petertr7z joins15:09
* dhlamb joins15:11
* petertr7_away leaves15:12
* whikloj leaves
* bseeger leaves15:29
* bseeger joins15:47
* ajs6f joins16:00
* mcritchlow joins16:12
* mcritchlow leaves16:13
* mcritchlow joins
<ruebot>awoods: working on this now https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-191916:20
<awoods>ruebot++
<ruebot>awoods: should i bump on this? https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo4-vagrant/pull/1516:21
<awoods>ruebot: sure16:22
<ruebot>awoods: done. thank you for working through https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo4-vagrant/pull/29 with james16:27
<awoods>ruebot: jrgriffiniii_ has some good stuff there.16:28
<ruebot>awoods: excellent
<jrgriffiniii_>awoods: ruebot: Thank you both for your enduring patience and assistance16:29
<ruebot>jrgriffiniii_++
* bseeger leaves16:34
<awoods>jrgriffiniii_: you are a note-taking maniac: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-02-18+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting16:41
<ajs6f>jrgriffiniii_++16:42
<awoods>definitely... in a good way.
* ajs6f leaves
* github-ff joins16:43
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #988: Only warn about namespaces mismatches if there are any user-defined namespaces (master...ns-logging) https://git.io/v2evp
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins16:44
[fcrepo4-vagrant] ruebot opened pull request #36: Address FCREPO-1919 (master...FCREPO-1919) https://git.io/v2efq
* github-ff leaves
<jrgriffiniii_>awoods: Thank you, please let me know if there can be any improvements in style or formatting (they can degenerate into my own shorthand)16:46
<awoods>jrgriffiniii_: I am amazed you can keep up like that. Do you record then transcribe the calls?16:48
<jrgriffiniii_>awoods: Easiest barrier of entry into the code base for me when I don't have time to focus on bugs16:49
* github-ff joins16:57
[fcrepo-transform] acoburn created fcrepo-1312 (+1 new commit): https://git.io/v2eTv
fcrepo-transform/fcrepo-1312 3b48457 Aaron Coburn: Updates based on proposed upstream changes
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins16:58
[fcrepo-transform] acoburn opened pull request #8: Updates based on proposed upstream changes (master...fcrepo-1312) https://git.io/v2eTn
* github-ff leaves
* dhlamb leaves17:00
* travis-ci joins17:01
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-transform#29 (fcrepo-1312 - 3b48457 : Aaron Coburn): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-transform/commit/3b48457c8659
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-transform/builds/110241790
* travis-ci leaves
* mcritchlow leaves17:02
* tjohnson leaves17:04
* mcritchlow joins17:05
* peichman leaves17:23
* mcritchlow leaves17:29
* mohamedar leaves
* acoburn leaves17:38
* mcritchlow joins17:58
* github-ff joins17:59
[fcrepo4-vagrant] barmintor pushed 2 new commits to code4lib-2016: https://git.io/v2eZn
fcrepo4-vagrant/code4lib-2016 4966dc3 Benjamin Armintor: install ruby, ruby devel
fcrepo4-vagrant/code4lib-2016 c10c94f Benjamin Armintor: clone the workshop fedora-migrate github repo
* github-ff leaves
* whikloj_ leaves18:00
* jrgriffin_away leaves18:06
* mcritchlow leaves18:15
* jcoyne leaves18:17
* mcritchlow joins18:27
* mcritchlow leaves18:46
* mcritchlow joins18:54
* mcritchlow leaves19:38
* dhlamb joins20:29
* github-ff joins20:40
[migration-utils] mikedurbin opened pull request #43: FCREPO-1844: Added the ability to skip files when processing director… (master...FCREPO-1844) https://git.io/v2ePo
* github-ff leaves
* dhlamb leaves22:23

Generated by Sualtam