Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* escowles leaves02:32
* escowles joins02:34
* escowles leaves05:44
* escowles joins05:47
* escowles leaves06:49
* escowles joins06:54
* escowles leaves07:53
* dwilcox joins08:04
* escowles joins08:34
* dhlamb joins08:39
* acoburn joins08:48
* whikloj joins09:07
* acoburn leaves09:22
* jrgriffiniii joins09:24
* acoburn joins09:28
* bseeger joins09:36
* mohamedar joins09:51
* peichman joins
* mohamedar1 joins09:54
* mohamedar leaves09:55
* escowles leaves09:58
* escowles joins10:03
* ajs6f joins10:12
* apb18 joins10:59
<ajs6f>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-01-21+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting
* escowles leaves11:00
* ajs6f is here11:01
* ruebot is here11:02
<acoburn>*is here*
<ajs6f>awoods has a side career DJ'ing the hottest festivals. Fat-hearted bass and data-driven, agile beats.
Is "da" some kind of Canadian slang?11:03
<ruebot>ajs6f: i can neither confirm nor deny.11:04
* escowles joins11:05
<ajs6f>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/ICPSR+Transaction+Use+Cases
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Islandora+CLAW+Transaction+Use+Case11:06
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/UNSW+Australia+Transaction+Use+Case+for+ResData
<ruebot>ajs6f: https://github.com/Islandora-CLAW/CLAW/wiki/January-27,-2016#agenda11:19
<ajs6f>ruebot++
<whikloj>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA4x/RESTful+HTTP+API#RESTfulHTTPAPI-BluePOSTKeepanexistingtransactionalive11:28
<bseeger>Looks like when you refresh a transaction, you get the expiration time in the response header.11:30
(from link whikloj sent)
<whikloj>bseeger++
<rarian>Question: How do I purge an object from Fedora 3.8 that doesn't exist in low level storage?11:35
<ajs6f>rarian: Edit the SQL db and resource index directly, or rebuild.11:36
<rarian>How would I go about modifying RI?
@ajs6f nvm, thanks for the pointer, I figured it out.11:42
<whikloj>ruebot++11:46
<ajs6f>ruebot++ escowles++
<whikloj>escowles++
* ajs6f has nothing11:47
I suspect that barmintor may be putting something thing either for a Fedora reimpl or on Memento+LDP11:48
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015+-+2016+Technical+Priorities11:49
* ruebot snorts11:56
i got it!
<ajs6f>ruebot; I hope you pledged the Kickstarter.
<ruebot>awoods: git push origin local-release:master -- that should be the release branch, right.12:03
<ajs6f>EMOTIONAL VALIDATION12:04
<ruebot>...err, that should be a question mark at the end :-)
<ajs6f>Not data validation.
* apb18 leaves12:08
* peichman leaves12:09
* peichman joins12:10
* peichman leaves
* peichman joins
<whikloj>awoods: minutes are up12:11
<ruebot>whikloj++12:12
<bseeger>whikloj++
<ajs6f>whikloj++ # nice minutes
<whikloj>full of words, but not of meaning12:13
<ajs6f>whikloj: that's all anyone cares about with Fedora. People ask all the time about how _large_ a repo is in bits. No one ever asks, how _meaningful_ the bits are.12:14
<whikloj>ajs6f: I always say my bits are very meaningful.12:15
ajs6f: The meaning is just obscure.
<ajs6f>whikloj: The meaning of most repo bits is "Someone refused to throw this away."12:17
<whikloj>ajs6f: I call that "classic bits"
<ajs6f>whikloj: I call it "hoarding", but don't tell the librarians of the worl.12:22
<whikloj>ajs6f++
* bseeger leaves12:25
* github-ff joins12:43
[fcrepo-webapp-plus] escowles pushed 2 new commits to master: https://git.io/vzztN
fcrepo-webapp-plus/master 536b925 Andrew Woods: Allow enabling of internal audit with jetty:run...
fcrepo-webapp-plus/master 314555f Esmé Cowles: Merge pull request #35 from awoods/fcrepo-1838...
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods: ping12:45
<awoods>ruebot
<ruebot>awoods: i'm ready to push. but our documentation says: git push origin local-release:master12:46
awoods: should that be: git push origin local-release:fcrepo-4.5.0
awoods: ...and should that include the revert i did yesterday?12:47
* travis-ci joins12:50
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus#109 (master - 314555f : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/compare/5c92fe79b238...314555f2b67d
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/builds/103903130
* travis-ci leaves
<awoods>ruebot: you are suggesting creating a new fcrepo-4.5.0 branch, from which the release will be made?
ruebot: I think that makes sense.12:51
<ruebot>awoods: yep. that's what we do in islandora-land.
<awoods>ruebot: then there needs to be a subsequent step (post-release) of merging that branch into master.
ruebot: is that your thinking?12:52
<ruebot>awoods: i don't think so. the only diff would be the commit for the rc to the pom, and then undoing it.
<awoods>ruebot: ok, if there are no functional commits on the RC branch that need to find their way into master, then you are right.12:53
<ruebot>awoods: i'll do a diff real quick to just make sure.
<awoods>ruebot: from a process perspective, we should probably note the need for such a diff12:54
<ruebot>awoods: https://gist.github.com/ruebot/feae38a8ea5e3ffd934612:56
awoods: git diff fcrepo-4.5.0 master | cat >| /tmp/fcrepo4-diff-fcrepo-4.5.0-master.diff12:57
<awoods>ruebot: if there are updates in master that are not in the RC, that is fine12:58
<ruebot>awoods: yeah, makes sense to me.
<ajs6f>dwilcox:awoods: A few days ago I had an IRC conversation with someone (whikloj, maybe?). We decided that Fedora releases need album covers.
<awoods>ruebot: maybe doing a visual inspection of the respective commits would be easier
<ajs6f>Covers like http://vinyls.altervista.org/A/AS/Asia/Asia/asia-30.jp or http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/717tV%2BIiZFL._SL1200_.jpg or http://www.futuroprimitivo.cl/1928-thickbox_default/twisted-sister-stay-hungry-1984-pink-ltd-ed.jpg
<whikloj>ajs6f++
* bseeger joins
<ajs6f>Community engagement, right? People who can't give dev time could give design time. And after a few, people would start to look forward to them.
<whikloj>I voted for Dokken12:59
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e7/Dokken_-_Hell_to_Pay.jpg
nice and friendly
<ajs6f>And I think a Poison record may have been mentioned.
<dwilcox>ajs6f: Great idea! Is there any precedence for this in other software releases? I actually really like the idea of designing a "cover" to go with each release :)13:01
<ruebot>awoods: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/master...rc-4.5.0
<ajs6f>Although I would like to see a dwilcox/awoods version of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Minded#/media/File:Criminal_Minded_Album_Cover.jpg
<awoods>ruebot: that looks better... and is more helpful.13:02
<ajs6f>dwilcox: I don't know of anyone else that does this. I suppose that some Linux distros do a fresh default desktop background per release, but I'm talking about vinyl here. In fact, I wouldn't mind releasing the actual software on vinyl, but I have no idea what that would even mean.13:03
<awoods>ruebot: what would be most helpful, is doing that same sort of diff between master and the release branch.13:04
<dwilcox>ajs6f : That would certainly increase our appeal with the hipster demographic
<ruebot>awoods: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ym2h895n53ihgaz/Screenshot%20from%202016-01-21%2013-03-30.png?dl=0&preview=Screenshot+from+2016-01-21+13-03-30.png -- i'll push the branch i have to my repo, and do a compare as well. one sec.
<ajs6f>dwilcox: I wonder if Shutterfly can print actual gatefold covers.
<awoods>ruebot: since the release branch may be slightly different from the rc branch.
<ruebot>dwilcox: https://twitter.com/TheCannible/status/68601428882633523213:05
<dwilcox>ruebot : hahaha is that you?
<ajs6f>Do you wear tight pants? Does your mustache confuse adults and make children cry? Do you feel the urge to spit on people who listen to bluegrass? We have the preservation repository solution that you've been looking for!13:06
* acoburn leaves13:07
<ajs6f>dwilcox:ruebot: No, that definitely is Randy Savage himself. No question. You can see Miss Elizabeth in the background.
<ruebot>dwilcox: yeah. my bandmates got me to wear those glasse on stage, along with a lab coat. that's the only picture.13:08
<ajs6f>dwilcox: If this takes off, you can do 7" covers for fcrepo4-ext releases.13:09
<dwilcox>ajs6f : No way, the Macho Man is busy elbow dropping Jesus in heaven http://imgur.com/gallery/3Q6AH13:10
ruebot : That is awesome
<ajs6f>dwilcox++
* bseeger leaves
<ruebot>awoods: ok. git isn't letting me push this branch to my fork. give me another moment. this is bizarre.13:11
<ajs6f>There have been so many dull OR and CNI and DH presentations when all I could think was "Why isn't the Macho Man flying off the top rope onto this presenter RIGHT NOW??!?!"13:12
<ruebot>ruebot: i'll start fresh again just to make sure things are clean.13:17
<whikloj>whikloj: why does ruebot refer to himself in the third person?13:18
<awoods>whikloj: why do birds sing so gay...13:22
<whikloj>awoods: and lovers wait the break of day
* ruebot facepalm13:23
<ajs6f>Randy Savage used to do that (refer to himself in 3P). Maybe the connection goes deeper.
<ruebot>oh god13:24
<whikloj>I didn't realize that "Leaping" Lanny Poffo was his brother
<ajs6f>Hulk Hogan used to talk about "the biggest arms in the world" as though they were someone else's, or as though they were somewhere else, not attached to him.
From Wikipedia: "In his first role, as Leaping Lanny Poffo, he would bring frisbees to the ring, read a short poem written on one of them that he himself had penned, and then throw the frisbees into the crowd."13:25
<whikloj>I totally remember that13:26
<ajs6f>That needs to become a practice at OR this summer.
* ruebot maybe or may not be chairing the repository rants and raves program13:31
* ruebot and would love to see WWF style rants and raves at OR13:32
<ajs6f>ruebot: If you are, you damn well better dress up as the Macho man.
* whikloj wishes he was coming to OR
* whikloj would definitely be Rowdy Roddy Piper13:33
<ajs6f>ruebot: And threaten to take anyone who complains about anything "to a cage match, this Sunday, twenty dollars for a seat BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE!"
<ruebot>ajs6f: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3puAY4s5acU -- that's my friend eric. maybe i should just bring him.
<ajs6f>Roddy Piper RIP. That was a sad day.13:34
ruebot: Whoa, he _is_ good. He's got the voice perfectly.
* dwilcox leaves13:35
<whikloj>that is awesome
* dwilcox joins13:36
<ajs6f>Did the duraspace wiki just go down?13:41
<ruebot>ajs6f: not loading for me.13:46
<escowles>ajs6f: ruebot: same here, and there was just a question about it on the hydra slack channel13:53
maybe awoods knows the skinny?
<ajs6f>Maybe awoods has gone mad with power and is holding the wiki hostage?
<ruebot>awoods: https://gist.github.com/ruebot/2f6320fc07e77c118e64 -- that's where i'm at. doesn't look like i can push that branch for some weird reason.13:54
<awoods>escowles/ajs6f: the wiki has been flakely the last two days... and we are working with the hosting service to determine why.13:55
<ruebot>ajs6f, escowles: This site is currently undergoing maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. -- that finally showed up after a minute or two of trying to load
<ajs6f>Get the Macho Man on it. Elbow drop that server back up!
<awoods>ruebot: is there a need for "git checkout -b fcrepo-4.5.0"?13:56
<ruebot>awoods: probably not. that was just me creating branch for the release locally.
awoods: git checkout <release-tag> -- was doing that13:57
<awoods>ruebot: shall I try?13:58
<ruebot>awoods: am i interpretting `git checkout <release-tag>` wrong?13:59
<awoods>ruebot: does this work: "git push ruebot fcrepo-4.5.0:fcrepo-4.5.0"
<ruebot>awoods: same error
<awoods>ruebot: do you have both a tag and a branch with the same name?14:00
ruebot: fcrepo-4.5.0?14:01
* acoburn joins
<awoods>ruebot: it looks like you are creating a new branch: "git checkout -b fcrepo-4.5.0"
<ruebot>awoods: yeah
<awoods>ruebot: that should probably be: "git checkout fcrepo-4.5.0"14:02
<ruebot>awoods: git checkout fcrepo-4.5.0 didn't work
awoods: i'll walk through again.14:03
<awoods>ruebot: because you already created the branch?
<ruebot>awoods: i'll verify whether not that branch exists before get to that step again14:04
<awoods>ruebot: the tag will exist, but not the branch14:05
ruebot: since you subsequently create the branch, it is confused on which refspec to use.14:06
<ruebot>awoods: yeah. that makes sense.
* mohamedar joins14:08
* bseeger joins14:09
* mohamedar1 leaves14:11
* mohamedar leaves14:12
<awoods>escowles/ajs6f: wiki is back14:20
<escowles>awoods++
<ruebot>awoods: ok, i only have master and rc-4.5.0 local branches14:21
<awoods>ruebot: are you able to get further?14:22
<ruebot>awoods: i'm on this step: git checkout <release-tag>14:24
awoods: do i skip that step, or what do i use for release-tag?
<awoods>ruebot: use the release tag14:25
ruebot: git checkout fcrepo-4.5.014:26
ruebot: as opposed to: git checkout -b fcrepo-4.5.0
<ruebot>awoods: oh. weird. that worked this time.
<awoods>ruebot: last time you used: git checkout -b fcrepo-4.5.0
ruebot: which creates a branch with that name
<ruebot>awoods: yeah. when i did it yesterday it gave me an error about there not being a branch. *shrugs*14:29
* escowles leaves14:31
* escowles joins14:32
<ajs6f>awoods: No it isn't dammit. This is the second time I have written a long comment to have it fail.14:35
awoods: and now it works again. {sheesh}14:36
* bseeger leaves14:38
<ruebot>awoods: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/fcrepo4:17b158505c84ab85453506ca6fe2c72101476d98...ruebot:d81003bf02c5dc0fb0f7dc254f2f44a259767e1514:41
* ajs6f leaves14:42
<awoods>ruebot: looks good
<ruebot>awoods: then, we're at this step -- git push origin local-release:master14:43
awoods: do i push that to master? or do we create a release branch that is not the same as the tag?14:44
<awoods>ruebot: I assume there is one more commit on the release branch that sets the version numbers to 4.5.1-SNAPSHOT?14:45
* bseeger joins14:46
* acoburn leaves14:48
<ruebot>awoods: https://gist.github.com/ruebot/2f6320fc07e77c118e64#file-gistfile2-txt
<awoods>ruebot: what do you think about renaming your rc-4.5.0 branch to release-4.5.0, pushing that branch to get, then merging it with master?14:53
<ruebot>awoods: well, the step before has be on the tag branch. so would i do `git push origin fcrepo-4.5.0:release-4.5.0` or `git push origin rc-4.5.0:release-4.5.0`14:56
<awoods>ruebot: the "tag branch" is rc-4.5.0, and the tag is fcrepo-4.5.014:58
ruebot: the latter makes sense: "git push origin rc-4.5.0:release-4.5.0"14:59
<ruebot>awoods: cool
* github-ff joins15:00
[fcrepo4] ruebot created release-4.5.0 (+3 new commits): https://git.io/vzzDh
fcrepo4/release-4.5.0 e6d3c47 nruest: Revert "Prepare 4.5.0-RC"...
fcrepo4/release-4.5.0 d81003b nruest: [maven-release-plugin] prepare release fcrepo-4.5.0
fcrepo4/release-4.5.0 ae13067 nruest: [maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ruebot tagged fcrepo-4.5.0 at 3416ca4: https://git.io/vzzyT
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins15:18
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4236 (release-4.5.0 - ae13067 : nruest): The build failed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/e6d3c471cbb9^...ae1306720178
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/103932599
* travis-ci leaves
* bseeger leaves15:19
* bseeger joins15:26
* escowles leaves15:33
* escowles_ joins
* jrgriffiniii leaves15:46
* dhlamb leaves15:48
<ruebot>awoods, escowles: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/releases/tag/fcrepo-4.5.015:51
* jrgriffiniii joins
<ruebot>awoods, escowles: just doing the docs now. that always takes a loooooooooooooooooong time.
awoods, escowles: updated the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I_zTMxh2l2rf2wpafoTwhSTR5GZuEoaTcZmTKCI3xT4/edit#gid=130175088015:52
<awoods>ruebot: did you push to sonatype?15:59
<ruebot>awoods: yep!16:03
<awoods>ruebot: thanks
<ruebot>awoods: just waiting on the docs.
<awoods>ruebot: I am guessing your branch/tag juggling tips will be helpful to escowles16:05
<ruebot>awoods: yeah, i have a little text file here i can share, and i've updated the wiki were needed.16:08
<escowles>ruebot: that sounds good -- i'm reading the release process wiki page but it's a little overwhelming
<ruebot>escowles: i'm around all evening you need anything. megan is at a baby shower.16:09
escowles: https://gist.github.com/ruebot/060154057d918828d2d4 -- let me know if that make sense16:11
<escowles>it doesn't like "mvn release:clean" -- do i need to update pom.xml to remove the RC-1?16:15
<ruebot>escowles: which one component are you working with?
<escowles>ruebot: the next one on the list: fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl
<ruebot>escowles: ...and you're on the rc-4.5.0 branch?16:16
<escowles>ruebot: yep
<ruebot>escowles: git revert b7dcae2a543eb27ee813c14ed72cbf7902b3df9516:17
escowles: then give it a shot
escowles: doing a sanity test on my end.16:18
<escowles>ruebot: ok, that worked -- do we need to do that all the time?
<ruebot>escowles: yeah. that's a quirk of the way we did the rc-branch this time around.16:19
<escowles>ruebot: so now i'm on the "mvn release:prepare" step and it prompts me "There are still some remaining snapshot dependencies. Do you want to resolve them now?"16:21
if i say no, the build fails, so i assume i need to say yes16:22
<ruebot>escowles: oh! i remember this from last time.16:24
<escowles>ruebot: i set everything to 4.5.0 for the main and 4.5.0-SNAPSHOT for development16:25
<ruebot>escowles: iirc, i should be 4.5.0 and 4.5.1-SNAPSHOT16:27
* ruebot looks at awoods
<awoods>on a call
<escowles>ruebot: oh, that's probably right, b/c 4.5.1-SNAPSHOT becomes 4.5.1...
<ruebot>oof... site-deploy failed. trying again.16:41
<escowles>ruebot: i'm now on line 13: "git push origin rc-4.5.0:release-4.5.0" - did rc-4.5.0 get updated by the release process? or should that be the branch i just created in mvn release:prepare?16:45
<ruebot>escowles: yeah, it got updated by the release process, and should be the branch you're on until you checkout the tag16:51
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl] escowles created release-4.5.0 (+3 new commits): https://git.io/vzgmn
fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/release-4.5.0 5f64d56 Esmé Cowles: Revert "Prepare 4.5.0-RC"...
fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/release-4.5.0 ea1f24e Esmé Cowles: [maven-release-plugin] prepare release fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl-4.5.0
fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/release-4.5.0 7a3a484 Esmé Cowles: [maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>escowles++16:52
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl] escowles tagged fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl-4.5.0 at a59a634: https://git.io/vzgm4
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl#44 (release-4.5.0 - 7a3a484 : Esmé Cowles): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/compare/5f64d56b5964^...7a3a48463b4a
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/builds/103957099
* travis-ci leaves
<escowles>weird that the GPG passphrase isn't masked when you enter it...16:53
<ruebot>escowles: yeah. that threw me off last time
<escowles>good thing i'm in my house and nobody's shoulder-surfing me except my cats
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl#44 (release-4.5.0 - 7a3a484 : Esmé Cowles): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/compare/5f64d56b5964^...7a3a48463b4a
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/builds/103957099
* travis-ci leaves
<ruebot>escowles: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/releases/tag/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl-4.5.0 - there it is!16:54
escowles: now for the sonatype fun part
<escowles>ruebot: is that what "mvn release:perform" does?16:55
it's done whatever it is...
<ruebot>escowles: yeah, this part: mvn release:perform -DperformRelease -Dgoals=deploy16:56
escowles: after that, you log into sonatype and actually release them
<escowles>ok, i'm logged in to sonatype and see the old versions there, but not 4.5.016:57
<ruebot>how about here: https://oss.sonatype.org/#stagingRepositories
i can see it
(i search for fcrepo)
<escowles>yep, i see it -- it's owned by me and the date is right, so it's gotta be the right one, even though it just says orgfcrepo16:59
oh, now i see the content tab has the new rbacl builds
<ruebot>escowles: cool. i see the jars too in 'content' tab down towards the bottom
escowles: so, up towards the top, click close. then give it a second, then click refresh, then click release.17:00
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl#45 (fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl-4.5.0 - ea1f24e : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/compare/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl-4.5.0
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/builds/103957186
* travis-ci leaves
<escowles>cool, it's published: https://oss.sonatype.org/index.html#nexus-search;gav~org.fcrepo~fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl~4.5.0~~17:02
<ruebot>escowles: awesome. next you just upload the jar files to github https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/releases/tag/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl-4.5.0
escowles: ...oh, that one doesn't have any. (looking at the previous one https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/releases/tag/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl-4.4.0)17:03
* dwilcox leaves
<escowles>ruebot: i just walked back to 4.0.0 and none of them had jars17:04
<ruebot>escowles: i'd just edit the release title on tag -- https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/releases/new?tag=fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl-4.5.0 -- so it is consistent with the others
* dwilcox joins
<escowles>hmmm, i have jar files i could upload... i wonder why they weren't uploaded in the previous releases? maybe awoods is off his call and remembers?17:05
<awoods>almost off call17:06
escowles: back17:09
* dwilcox leaves
<awoods>escowles: I only upload artifacts to github that are actually useful.
<escowles>awoods: i'm releasing fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl, and there are no files attached to any of the previous releases -- should i upload the jar files?
<awoods>escowles: Do you think those jars are useful?
escowles: I have never heard anyone ask for them17:10
escowles: we build them into webapp-plus
<escowles>awoods: well, i guess people would use webapp-plus instead, so i guess not
<awoods>escowles: agreed
* bseeger leaves17:12
<ruebot>escowles: mvn site-deploy -DskipTests -- that's the last you need to do on that one i believe17:13
<escowles>ruebot: great -- it's running now
<ruebot>awoods: i kinda remember what this is "Update index.html pages in branch "gh-pages" for releases projects: fcrepo4, and fcrepo-camel-toolbox", can you refresh my memory?
* github-ff joins17:14
[fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl] escowles pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgGl
fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/gh-pages 9b1f3ac Esmé Cowles: Creating site for fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl, 4.5.0
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods: ...and order doesn't matter after this right? escowles and i can split the remaining ones up as we see fit?17:15
<awoods>ruebot: order does not matter after the sonatype release step has been done17:16
<ruebot>awoods: cool
<awoods>ruebot: what is your question about gh-pages?
<ruebot>awoods: what exactly we are updating in index.html
escowles: i can work down from fcrepo-mint if you want17:17
<awoods>ruebot: you will just have to look at the index.html pages and follow the patterns
ruebot: most of the updates are in the fcrepo4/index.html
<escowles>ruebot: ok, go ahead -- i'm going to clock out for the day and i'll do the other auth modules in the morning17:18
<awoods>thanks, escowles
<ruebot>escowles: sounds good.
<awoods>ruebot/escowles: are the release branches getting merged into master?
<ruebot>awoods: cool. and, that would be after mvn site-deploy -DskipTests finishes, right?
<awoods>ruebot: yes17:19
<ruebot>awoods: we agreed earlier they didn't need to, right? it'd just be those commits and reverted commits for the RC
* github-ff joins17:21
[fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl] escowles pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgZ5
fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/gh-pages 507a612 Esmé Cowles: Creating site for fcrepo-auth-roles-common, 4.5.0
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>ruebot: the master branch needs to be updated with the new version: <project>-4.5.1-SNAPSHOT. That will come from the release branch, no?
* jgpawletko joins
<ruebot>awoods: ohhhhhhhhh... right.17:22
awoods: so this https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/master...release-4.5.0?expand=117:23
awoods: push that directly? or pull request?
<awoods>ruebot: push it17:25
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl] escowles pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgce
fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/gh-pages 7102e6f Esmé Cowles: Creating site for fcrepo-auth-roles-basic, 4.5.0
* github-ff leaves
* peichman leaves17:26
* github-ff joins17:31
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vzgCV
fcrepo4/master 6c46765 nruest: Merge branch 'release-4.5.0'
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods: i'll make a mental note to remind escowles to do the same for fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl tomorrow morning.17:37
<awoods>thanks ruebot... and maybe update the wiki release process page17:38
<ruebot>awoods: will do!
* jgpawletko leaves17:39
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #3178: FAILURE in 9 min 11 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4/3178/17:43
* awoods: Prepare 4.5.0-RC
* ruestn: Revert "Prepare 4.5.0-RC"
* ruestn: [maven-release-plugin] prepare release fcrepo-4.5.0
* ruestn: [maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration
<ruebot>awoods: can you give me permissions on fcrepo4-exts17:49
* github-ff joins17:50
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgBK
fcrepo4/gh-pages 288d030 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo, 4.5.0
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins17:51
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4238 (master - 6c46765 : nruest): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/17b158505c84...6c46765f8b80
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/103966789
* travis-ci leaves
<awoods>ruebot: invitation sent
* escowles leaves17:53
<ruebot>awoods: oh. mint isn't in the committers repositories.
awoods: that's why i can't push
awoods: https://github.com/orgs/fcrepo4-exts/teams/committers/repositories
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgRC
fcrepo4/gh-pages c87de7c Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo4-bom, 4.5.0
* github-ff leaves
* escowles joins17:55
* whikloj leaves17:56
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgRj
fcrepo4/gh-pages 0595572 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-jcr-bom, 4.5.0
* github-ff leaves
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!17:59
Project fcrepo4 build #3179: FIXED in 12 min: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4/3179/
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzg0x
fcrepo4/gh-pages 70d1a12 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-boms, 4.5.0
* github-ff leaves
* jrgriffiniii leaves18:00
* jgpawletko joins18:02
<ruebot>awoods: can't do audit until i can finish mint18:16
* github-ff joins18:18
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzg2k
fcrepo4/gh-pages 5ae293b Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-kernel-api, 4.5.0
* github-ff leaves
* jgpawletko leaves18:19
<awoods>ruebot: Is mint holding you up?18:21
* github-ff joins18:23
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgaG
fcrepo4/gh-pages 9645301 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-metrics, 4.5.0
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods: yep18:26
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgaA
fcrepo4/gh-pages 25a68d3 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-configs, 4.5.0
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods: it just needs to be added to the committers team's list of repositories here https://github.com/orgs/fcrepo4-exts/teams/committers/repositories
<awoods>ruebot: that is done, right?18:30
<ruebot>awoods: nope. not seeing it on my end. but i did get a notification that fcrepo-java-client was added18:31
<awoods>ruebot: I see you on the members list18:32
ruebot: I added you about an hour ago
<ruebot>weird18:33
$ git push origin rc-4.5.0:release-4.5.0
ERROR: Permission to fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-mint.git denied to ruebot.
awoods: members lists as a committer, right?
<awoods>ruebot: yes18:34
<ruebot>awoods: but, then that teams needs access to repositories, and i don't think fcrepo-mint is on that list. at least that's what i'm seeing on my end.
<awoods>ruebot: done... you are right. The issue was that mint was not on the repo list18:35
<ruebot>awoods++
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-mint] ruebot created release-4.5.0 (+3 new commits): https://git.io/vzgwP
fcrepo-mint/release-4.5.0 957ea6f nruest: Revert "Prepare 4.5.0-RC"...
fcrepo-mint/release-4.5.0 b35fe58 nruest: [maven-release-plugin] prepare release fcrepo-mint-4.5.0
fcrepo-mint/release-4.5.0 0bdeee8 nruest: [maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins18:38
[fcrepo-mint] ruebot tagged fcrepo-mint-4.5.0 at 6428613: https://git.io/vzgrT
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins18:40
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-mint#7 (release-4.5.0 - 0bdeee8 : nruest): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-mint/compare/957ea6fed2cf^...0bdeee8214f8
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-mint/builds/103979284
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins18:42
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-mint#8 (fcrepo-mint-4.5.0 - b35fe58 : nruest): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-mint/compare/fcrepo-mint-4.5.0
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-mint/builds/103979841
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-audit] ruebot created release-4.5.0 (+3 new commits): https://git.io/vzgon
fcrepo-audit/release-4.5.0 8e1cedb nruest: Revert "Prepare 4.5.0-RC"...
fcrepo-audit/release-4.5.0 d389f82 nruest: [maven-release-plugin] prepare release fcrepo-audit-4.5.0
fcrepo-audit/release-4.5.0 e93a48c nruest: [maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins18:44
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-audit#69 (release-4.5.0 - e93a48c : nruest): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-audit/compare/8e1cedb9fa24^...e93a48cacd77
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-audit/builds/103980647
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins18:45
[fcrepo-mint] ruebot created gh-pages (+1 new commit): https://git.io/vzgoi
fcrepo-mint/gh-pages 186ec0d Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-mint, 4.5.0
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins18:46
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-audit#70 (fcrepo-audit-4.5.0 - d389f82 : nruest): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-audit/compare/fcrepo-audit-4.5.0
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-audit/builds/103980670
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins18:47
[fcrepo-mint] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vzgKe
fcrepo-mint/master 450ab06 nruest: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/release-4.5.0'
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins18:48
[fcrepo-audit] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgKs
fcrepo-audit/gh-pages 82f8c93 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-audit, 4.5.0
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins18:50
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-mint#9 (master - 450ab06 : nruest): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-mint/compare/8fe096f2edff...450ab06080ae
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-mint/builds/103981415
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins18:55
[fcrepo-audit] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vzg66
fcrepo-audit/master 64118e1 nruest: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/release-4.5.0'
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins18:59
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-audit#71 (master - 64118e1 : nruest): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-audit/compare/05907fc9e08f...64118e196891
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-audit/builds/103982988
* travis-ci leaves
<ruebot>awoods: do you remember what we did when we ran into this last time? https://gist.github.com/ruebot/97b54c4f67b008587a9619:01
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgia
fcrepo4/gh-pages 695b427 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-kernel-modeshape, 4.5.0
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods: i think we edited the pom?
<awoods>on a call19:03
ruebot: bavk19:10
<ruebot>awoods: here19:11
<awoods>ruebot: what I tend to do is build the previous snapshot version of fcrepo4 so that it is found in the local m2
<ruebot>awoods: ah
ruebot: so, check out the 4.4.0 release tag, and do a mvn clean install?19:13
awoods: or, is there a way to do it with mvn?19:14
<awoods>ruebot: no you need to do it with git
ruebot: the 4.4.0 release tag will not help, you need the 4.4.1-snapshot version
ruebot: which is just a few commits back
<ruebot>awoods: 03adc0b85166c2e16c280fd183b2b97252210a7c -- that should do, right?19:15
<awoods>ruebot: yes. then once you build the 4.4.1-snapshot codebase, I keep a copy of the ~/.m2/repository directory to use later.19:16
<ruebot>awoods: cool19:18
awoods: thanks!
<awoods>ruebot: it looks like you are making great progress19:21
<ruebot>awoods: yeah, almost done with my set of stuff. thought was i was going to watch the basketball game will i was working on it, but i might finish by then!19:24
<awoods>ruebot: thanks for making it happen19:25
<ruebot>awoods: no problem! i enjoy this side of things :-)19:27
* github-ff joins19:33
[fcrepo-transform] ruebot created release-4.5.0 (+3 new commits): https://git.io/vzgDe
fcrepo-transform/release-4.5.0 c32b448 nruest: Revert "Prepare 4.5.0-RC"...
fcrepo-transform/release-4.5.0 2065910 nruest: [maven-release-plugin] prepare release fcrepo-transform-4.5.0
fcrepo-transform/release-4.5.0 e69adc3 nruest: [maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins19:34
[fcrepo-transform] ruebot tagged fcrepo-transform-4.5.0 at 5077dbf: https://git.io/vzgDf
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins19:37
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: https://git.io/vzgDz
fcrepo4/master b73f270 Aaron Coburn: Add package-info files for many of the packages that were missing them....
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #971: Added package-info files where missing for all non-kernel modules (master...fcrepo-1823) https://git.io/vz09u
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods: here is a weird one -- https://gist.github.com/ruebot/ac39d8aa5d1cb84c59e219:38
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-transform#23 (release-4.5.0 - e69adc3 : nruest): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-transform/compare/c32b44858847^...e69adc37881b
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-transform/builds/103988933
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-transform#24 (fcrepo-transform-4.5.0 - 2065910 : nruest): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-transform/compare/fcrepo-transform-4.5.0
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-transform/builds/103988950
* travis-ci leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-camel-toolbox build #298: UNSTABLE in 10 min: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/298/19:46
* dwilcox joins20:24
* dwilcox leaves20:33
* github-ff joins20:49
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgxr
fcrepo4/gh-pages 11d780d Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins20:52
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgpW
fcrepo4/gh-pages 7b5c3f1 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo4-bom, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins20:55
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgpi
fcrepo4/gh-pages f5c4967 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-jcr-bom, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins20:58
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgp9
fcrepo4/gh-pages 2cd94db Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-boms, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins21:17
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgjz
fcrepo4/gh-pages 2a9d9fa Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-kernel-api, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins21:22
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vzgjp
fcrepo4/gh-pages 191981f Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-metrics, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins21:25
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vz2eG
fcrepo4/gh-pages 30324b9 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-configs, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* dhlamb joins
* dhlamb leaves21:43
* github-ff joins22:00
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vz2JF
fcrepo4/gh-pages a0b3eca Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-kernel-modeshape, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins22:07
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vz2TE
fcrepo4/gh-pages 54a549b Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-jms, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins22:12
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vz2kk
fcrepo4/gh-pages ffdf079 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-serialization, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins22:32
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vz2ty
fcrepo4/gh-pages 8a534f0 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-http-commons, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins22:38
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vz2qZ
fcrepo4/gh-pages c4a1c73 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-connector-file, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins22:47
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vz2m8
fcrepo4/gh-pages 7869078 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-auth-common, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* whikloj joins23:00
* github-ff joins23:01
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vz2Yc
fcrepo4/gh-pages d27c198 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-http-api, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins23:05
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vz2Yi
fcrepo4/gh-pages a14058a Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-webapp, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins23:08
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vz2Y5
fcrepo4/gh-pages ff5ad26 Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-integration-ldp, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins23:11
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: https://git.io/vz2Ok
fcrepo4/gh-pages cae8cbe Nick Ruest: Creating site for fcrepo-integration-rdf, 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
* github-ff leaves
* escowles leaves23:19
* escowles joins
* whikloj leaves23:57
* github-ff joins00:14
[fcrepo4] ruebot pushed 2 new commits to gh-pages: https://git.io/vz2nj
fcrepo4/gh-pages 4c0daa0 nruest: Release 4.5.0, update index.html
fcrepo4/gh-pages dd81148 nruest: Merge branch 'gh-pages' of github.com:fcrepo4/fcrepo4 into gh-pages
* github-ff leaves
* escowles leaves00:20
* escowles joins00:21

Generated by Sualtam