Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves01:06
* Bell3456 joins01:38
* Bell3456 leaves01:47
* awead joins06:13
* awead_ joins06:50
* awead leaves06:52
* dwilcox joins07:00
* dhlamb joins08:18
* dwilcox leaves08:40
* whikloj joins08:59
* dwilcox joins09:23
* acoburn joins09:24
* jrgriffiniii joins09:25
* nic-data leaves09:27
<dhlamb>anybody got a moment for another LDP question?09:33
<awoods>dhlamb: another approach is to just ask09:47
<dhlamb>awoods: true09:48
awoods: it's what i posted on the list yesterday. is it ok to put ldp:hasMemberRelation and ldp:isMemberOfRelation on the same container? spec makes it look like there can be only one such triple per container09:49
<awoods>dhlamb: yes, the spec seems pretty clear, despite what is shown in the examples document.09:50
<dhlamb>awoods: with Direct Containers is Fedora, i can do it, and it manages both relationships. really just wondering if i should.09:54
<awoods>dhlamb: I can see it being useful, but the spec appears to dissuade the practice. I would suggest asking on the LDP list... because it is probably not wise to depend on an LDP "feature" found in F4 that will eventually be corrected.09:56
<dhlamb>awoods: i'm assuming other implementations allow it, too, considering what's in the primer. just don't want to take a shortcut and then realize it was wrong. and everytime i dig deeper i can't tell if only one triple per predicate is allowed, or only one such triple is allowed
awoods: ok, i'll change forum
<awoods>dhlamb: it seems like a spec question
<dhlamb>awoods: thx
<awoods>dhlamb: thank you! and good morning.09:57
<dhlamb>awoods: yeah, just more comfortable with you guys :D
* github-ff joins10:46
[fcrepo4-vagrant] ruebot pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/vC9ja
fcrepo4-vagrant/master 4e650ba nruest: Create a fcrepo4-vagrant-base-box. Address FCREPO-1771
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods: whoops. sorry about that. let me fix that real quick.
<awoods>ruebot: with great power, comes great responsibility ;)10:48
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4-vagrant] ruebot force-pushed master from 4e650ba to 16ebc3a: http://git.io/vCHeB
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awoods: with great power comes an opportunity to embarass the hell out of yourself.10:49
<awoods>ruebot: that is the subtext
<ruebot>awoods++10:50
awoods: sorry about that again.
<awoods>ruebot: np10:51
<ruebot>awoods: that said, i'm uploading a base box to atlas now under my account. maybe we'll have something for folks to test by the end of the day. if not, next week.
<awoods>ruebot: that is great... looking forward to giving it a spin10:52
* cmmills joins11:04
* umgrosscol joins11:15
* cmmills leaves11:37
* ksclarke joins11:40
* acoburn1 joins12:15
* acoburn1 leaves
* acoburn1 joins12:16
* acoburn1 leaves12:18
* acoburn leaves12:19
* acoburn joins12:21
awoods: ping
<awoods>acoburn12:24
<acoburn>awoods: out of curiosity, what is the status of fcrepo-1581 (update MODE and ISPN)12:25
awoods: I was able to start up modeshape in karaf, but it gets stuck on ISPN, since v6.x doesn't work in OSGi (but v7 does)12:26
<awoods>acoburn: personally, I would like more eyes on verifying it.
<acoburn>awoods: ok, I can start working with it (I'll need to in order to test the OSGi stuff)
<awoods>acoburn: I am concerned about fcrepo-1581 and backwards compatibility
acoburn: that would be great12:27
<acoburn>awoods: I'll let you know what I find (over the next week or so)12:28
<awoods>acoburn++
<acoburn>awoods: btw, what do you know about these lines: http://git.io/vCHXL12:32
awoods: I have to rip them out in order to get fcrepo-http-commons to work in karaf12:33
<awoods>acoburn: This is the history of those lines: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/n/projects/684825/stories/8068151812:35
* github-ff joins12:40
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: http://git.io/vCHD6
fcrepo4/gh-pages 85ad57d Andrew Woods: Release 4.4.0, update index.html
* github-ff leaves
<acoburn>awoods: if I remove those lines and rebuild all of fedora, I don't get the "Unknown HK2 failure detected: MultiException" errors12:45
afk12:46
<awoods>acoburn: maybe those lines are no longer needed??12:47
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-camel] awoods pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: http://git.io/vCH9R
fcrepo-camel/gh-pages 09d0598 Andrew Woods: Release 4.4.0, update index.html
* github-ff leaves
* acoburn1 joins13:03
* acoburn leaves13:06
* github-ff joins13:10
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] awoods pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: http://git.io/vCHNC
fcrepo-camel-toolbox/gh-pages 9896512 Andrew Woods: Release 4.4.0, update index.html
* github-ff leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-camel-toolbox build #247: UNSTABLE in 6 min 30 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/247/13:16
<ruebot>awoods: fyi, ready for sanity testing on the base box.13:18
<awoods>ruebot: did you update the ticket?13:27
* dwilcox leaves13:39
<ruebot>awoods: yessir!
awoods: i'll hit ready for review now too
<awoods>ruebot: hmm, I am not seeing that ticket. Do you have a link?13:41
<ruebot>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-177113:43
<awoods>ruebot: thanks
<ruebot>awoods: np!13:47
* awead leaves14:05
* awead joins14:11
* awead_ joins14:15
* awead leaves14:16
* dwilcox joins14:41
* dwilcox_ joins14:46
* dwilcox leaves14:48
* dwilcox_ leaves14:58
<ruebot>awoods: i'll call back in on my phone instead of skype.15:01
<acoburn1>awoods: I'll be there in a sec
* dwilcox joins15:04
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-10-16+-+WebAccessControl+Authorization+Delegate+Planning+Meeting15:05
<ruebot>acoburn1: you're a lot better now15:06
at least islandora cares about webac :-P15:07
if i were in #code4lib i'd ask zoia who loves xacml15:08
<awoods>https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1zHS2rwnujsXB92g0q5JmLQNBrW1LhP02CtkucwPeNcg/edit?usp=sharing15:09
<ruebot>i'll be around during this sprint working on the isladnora 7.x-2.x sprint.15:12
...so this should tie together well on our end.
* dwilcox leaves15:13
<ruebot>is the call still going on? i got nothing now.15:14
<whikloj>ruebot: yep
<ruebot>weird. i guess i dropped.
<whikloj>ruebot: overlaps one week with Islandora sprint15:17
* dwilcox joins15:19
<whikloj>ruebot: you gone again?15:28
<ruebot>whikloj: no. i'm here.15:29
<whikloj>cool
* acoburn joins15:30
* acoburn leaves15:31
* acoburn joins
* acoburn1 leaves15:34
<ruebot>i hope awoods has some sort of captain america shield he stands in front of the developers with15:35
<jrgriffiniii>ruebot: I haven't had the opportunity to test the box extensively, but thus far I've had no problems with the base box on Atlas
ruebot++
<ruebot>jrgriffiniii: glad to hear!
* dwilcox leaves
<whikloj>awoods/acoburn: close enough, some ACL that defines access to ACLs and is used if no other permission is found.15:44
<ruebot>+115:45
<whikloj>awoods: 0 - it is not a high priority to me15:47
+1 to implementing modes15:49
<acoburn>+1 to implementing modes15:50
<whikloj>+1 to documenting15:52
* ruebot agrees15:53
did i just agree to more work? :-P15:55
<awoods>;)
* ksclarke leaves15:57
<whikloj>-1 to implementing presentation layer permissions in Fedora15:59
* jrgriffiniii leaves16:00
<whikloj>+1 to that working
<ruebot>+1
<whikloj>awoods: 7 and 9 seem related16:01
* jrgriffiniii joins16:02
* dhlamb leaves16:04
<whikloj>always good to support the "spec"16:07
<ruebot>yep16:17
* jrgriffiniii leaves
<whikloj>awoods: 0 from my view, but maybe ruebot can see something?16:24
<ruebot>016:25
<whikloj>awoods: 0
<acoburn>0
<whikloj>awoods: -116:26
<ruebot>-0
<whikloj>awoods: I think joshua had a use case
awoods: sorry
awoods: that seems like plenty for now16:28
awoods: 11 EST ??16:32
:)
<ruebot>whikloj+++++++++++
he's the best!
<whikloj>don't spread it around
I'm no Rob Ford16:33
<ruebot>whikloj++16:34
* awead_away leaves16:36
* cmmills joins16:43
* umgrosscol leaves16:57
* umgrosscol joins17:00
* umgrosscol leaves17:11
* jrgriffiniii joins17:12
* cmmills leaves17:17
* acoburn leaves17:26
* whikloj leaves17:55
* jrgriffiniii leaves18:12
* dwilcox joins18:45
* github-ff joins18:55
[ontology] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/vC759
ontology/master 7abdeae Andrew Woods: [maven-release-plugin] prepare release fcrepo-ontology-4.4.0
ontology/master 8fd0edb Andrew Woods: [maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[ontology] awoods tagged fcrepo-ontology-4.4.0 at 4a4c817: http://git.io/vC75Q
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox leaves19:02
* dwilcox joins19:05
* dwilcox leaves19:22
* the_mgt_ joins19:33
* the_mgt leaves19:36
* dhlamb joins22:00
* f4jenkins joins23:43

Generated by Sualtam