Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* jgpawletko joins00:27
* dhlamb leaves00:32
* dhlamb joins00:33
* dhlamb leaves00:37
* ksclarke leaves01:49
* dwilcox joins07:09
* dwilcox leaves08:03
* dhlamb joins08:14
* acoburn joins08:34
* dwilcox joins08:40
* ajs6f joins08:50
* ksclarke joins08:55
* whikloj joins09:18
* osmandin joins09:20
<nic-data>osmandin: thanks for the help!09:25
<osmandin>nic-data: No problem. I think I have found where the problem is happening. And I have a suggested fix for the team. I'll post the details in the ticket shortly.09:26
<nic-data>osmandin: great news!09:27
<osmandin>awoods: I have a meeting to attend, but I've posted a comment about FCREPO-1733.09:33
* dwilcox leaves09:48
* dwilcox joins09:51
<awoods>thanks, osmandin
* cmmills joins10:05
* chadmills leaves10:06
* dhlamb leaves10:56
<ruebot>awoods: Landing in-flight issues -- JIRA Issues Macro: JIRA project does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.11:00
* apb18 joins11:01
<ruebot>awoods++11:02
roybot?
ruebeau
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-09-17+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting11:03
* bseeger joins11:05
<ruebot>https://github.com/duraspace/pcdm/wiki#user-content-external-content11:09
escowles++11:11
<whikloj>escowles++11:12
<ajs6f>Me.11:15
<awoods>https://github.com/chewiebug/GCViewer
<ajs6f>Yeah, I'm not going to be working on this anytime soon.11:22
Sorry.
Definitely hand it off.
escowles++11:23
* escowles sighs...11:24
<whikloj>awoods: +1 to using camel for the fixity notifications11:34
awoods: +111:37
<acoburn>creating a branch++11:46
<ruebot>the notes will have lots of ellipsis11:47
<bseeger>yeah, whatever... :)11:51
<ajs6f>Nice metaphor.11:53
bseeger++11:59
* whikloj looks at ruebot12:01
* ruebot looks at myself
* whikloj can build on Ubuntu too12:02
<ruebot>i won't be there!12:03
<bseeger>I will not be htere
* whikloj not going
<ajs6f>I won't.
<whikloj>we can meet here in IRC, agenda ????12:04
ruebot++
<acoburn>ruebot++
<osmandin>awoods: I just tried your 1581 branch for 4.4, and I'm getting this when running the jetty console: https://gist.github.com/osmandin/1771d814761e4ad7f2c312:06
<awoods>osmandin: thanks, please add that note to the ticket... did you have existing data in your fcrepe4-data directory?12:08
osmandin: do you have any special MAVEN_OPTS or JAVA_OPTS? or is this a vanilla jetty:run?12:09
<osmandin>awoods: vanilla
awoods: other than specifying the fcrepo.home and ispn.cache dirs12:10
<awoods>osmandin: is there anything in your current ispn.cache dirs?12:11
<osmandin>awoods: yes, that's probably it. Thanks.
<awoods>osmandin: either way, it would be good to know.12:12
<osmandin>awoods: ok. I'll post an update later today.
* osmandin leaves
* dwilcox leaves12:14
<awoods>ksclarke: please post your notes when you have a moment. thanks12:16
<ksclarke>yep, cleaning up/transferring now :-)
* dwilcox joins12:22
* bseeger leaves12:37
* github-ff joins12:38
[fcrepo4] awoods created modeshape-4.4.0 (+4 new commits): http://git.io/vnJuI
fcrepo4/modeshape-4.4.0 5a7c6df Andrew Woods: Update ModeShape -> 4.4.0, and ISPN -> 7.2.3...
fcrepo4/modeshape-4.4.0 1391ee4 Andrew Woods: Remove stray fcrepo-kernel-impl directory and file:...
fcrepo4/modeshape-4.4.0 2381170 Andrew Woods: Code review update:...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:41
[fcrepo4] awoods opened pull request #910: Modeshape 4.4.0 (master...modeshape-4.4.0) http://git.io/vnJuS
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #897: Update ModeShape -> 4.4.0, and ISPN -> 7.2.3 (master...fcrepo-1581) http://git.io/vGzSE
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:45
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted fcrepo-1581 at 90ee9f9: http://git.io/vnJ2s
* github-ff leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #840: UNSTABLE in 2 min 30 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/840/12:51
Project fcrepo4 build #3088: UNSTABLE in 7 min 1 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4/3088/12:53
* travis-ci joins12:54
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4056 (modeshape-4.4.0 - c64f203 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/5a7c6df7c564^...c64f20322098
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/80864098
* travis-ci leaves
<awoods>ruebot: here is next week's agenda placeholder: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-09-24+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting13:03
<ruebot>awoods++13:06
awoods: are we going to do the 5 minutes thing, and hand it off to me?
<awoods>ruebot: what is the 5 minutes thing?
<ruebot>awoods: for moderating.13:07
awoods: a duraspace person got on the call 5 minutes or so prior, and once i was there, they hung up.
* jrgriffiniii joins
<awoods>ruebot: ok. Yes. Kristi Searle has agreed to start the call.
<ruebot>awoods++13:10
<awoods>ruebot++
* escowles leaves13:19
<awoods>acoburn/whikloj/others: More testing on Amazon/clustering shows that the clustering issue found for 4.3.0 is the same that I am seeing in the modeshape-4.4.0 branch13:33
<whikloj>awoods++13:43
<awoods>whikloj: here are more details: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1739
* dwilcox leaves13:45
<awoods>afk13:46
* ajs6f leaves14:00
* dwilcox joins14:01
* osmandin joins14:14
* ajs6f joins14:19
* dhlamb joins14:57
<osmandin>awoods: The branch modeshape-4.4.0 is fine (Tomcat OK, mvn jetty:run OK), except for jetty-console on Win Server.15:03
awoods: And I'm confirming that it fixes the FCREPO-1733 bug, and therefore makes Fedora run on Windows Server, just as nic-data wants.15:05
<awoods>osmandin: can you clarify your comment: "And I'm confirming that it fixes the FCREPO-1733 bug"?15:18
<osmandin>awoods: Using modeshape 4.3+ gets rid of FCREPO-1733.15:19
awoods: It fixes the problem that nic-data had reported.15:20
<awoods>osmandin: great. thanks. Can you please mention in the 1733 ticket that it is resolved by 1581?
<osmandin>awoods: Ok, I'll do that.15:21
* osmandin leaves15:32
* dwilcox leaves15:45
* ajs6f leaves15:53
* ajs6f joins15:55
* ajs6f leaves
* dhlamb leaves16:07
* nic-data leaves16:13
* cmmills leaves16:42
* nic-data joins16:43
<whikloj>awoods: ping16:59
<awoods>whikloj
<whikloj>awoods: I am assuming that for FCREPO-1735 (adding WebAC to vagrant) you will by adding the webac war here? https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/releases/tag/fcrepo-webapp-plus-4.3.1-SNAPSHOT17:00
* acoburn leaves17:01
<whikloj>awoods: or should I grab it from here https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/releases/tag/fcrepo-webapp-plus-4.3.1-webac.1
<awoods>whikloj: it will be at this URL:17:02
https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/releases/download/fcrepo-webapp-plus-4.3.1-SNAPSHOT/fcrepo-webapp-plus-webac-4.3.1-SNAPSHOT.war
<whikloj>awoods: do you want to add a XACML war as well? I was adding a AUTH_TYPE config variable, so we could allow rbacl, xacml or webac.17:03
* acoburn joins
<awoods>whikloj: We could go either way. I was thinking for simplicity (as you see in the ticket description) that we would remove the RBACL download and just use webac.17:04
whikloj: We may as well push people towards one implementation: webac17:05
<acoburn>awoods: I've been testing the fcrepo-1670 ticket on linux. It works fine on centos but not on ubuntu
<whikloj>awoods: your call but is WebAC the way we should push people?
<awoods>whikloj: But if you prefer, we could expose all three... but the permutation of auth and audit grow
<acoburn>awoods: on ubuntu, I run into the same issues you reported17:06
<awoods>acoburn: Thanks for reproducing the issue.
acoburn: that is vaguely comforting
<acoburn>awoods: the issue is that fcrepo doesn't start up properly
<whikloj>awoods: yes it does, but it's not that hard of a permutation. if auth and audit then forced to rbacl, if auth then choose type
<awoods>whikloj: I think we want to push people towards webac. What do you think, acoburn?
<acoburn>awoods: calls to /fcrepo are ok, but calls to /fcrepo/rest give a 404 error17:07
awoods: yes, a 404
webac++
<awoods>whikloj: for now, I think it is safe to remove RBACL from vagrant and swap in webac17:08
<whikloj>awoods/acoburn: ok, so are you building a webac war and a webac + audit war?
<acoburn>awoods: I think the issue is in the jetty configuration. I noticed that the jetty-maven config is quite different b/t webapp-plus and camel-toolbox/indexing-solr
<awoods>whikloj: correct17:09
acoburn: I will be more than happy to test any updates.
<acoburn>whikloj/awoods: this is why we need OSGi
<awoods>acoburn: how would OSGi help in this situation?17:10
<acoburn>awoods: no updates yet, I tried a bunch of things, but none of them affected anything
<whikloj>awoods: ok, at the above directory I'll expect both fcrepo-webapp-plus-webac-4.3.1-SNAPSHOT.war and fcrepo-webapp-plus-webac-audit-4.3.1-SNAPSHOT.war
<acoburn>awoods: we're having two conversations here. OSGi would help the permutation explosion with webac, webac + audit, etc, etc
awoods: OSGi has nothing to do with the fact that the jetty-maven plugin is failing in camel-toolbox17:11
<awoods>acoburn: I did not realize you were engaging with the whikloj discussion, thanks for the clarification.
whikloj: yes, I will add those two artifacts momentarily17:12
* jrgriffiniii leaves17:13
<acoburn>awoods: I need to leave in just a sec, but as for fcrepo-1670, I *think* that if we change the configuration in -toolbox to align with that in -webapp-plus, we'll be in better shape.
awoods: problem is that I know next to nothing about jetty configuration17:14
<awoods>acoburn: I will give it a look if I have a chance... working on HC3 slides at the moment.
<acoburn>awoods: thanks, and there's no rush; I probably won't get back to it until next week17:15
* acoburn leaves17:16
<awoods>acoburn: thanks for the update... and I am glad we have two points of reproducibility
* github-ff joins17:20
[fcrepo4-vagrant] whikloj opened pull request #23: Change default authentication system from RbAcl to WebAC (master...FCREPO-1735) http://git.io/vnTW8
* github-ff leaves
* jgpawletko leaves17:27
<awoods>whikloj: the webac artifacts have been posted: https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/releases/tag/fcrepo-webapp-plus-4.3.1-SNAPSHOT17:31
<whikloj>awoods++
<awoods>whikloj: do you plan on updating your vagrant PR to include a username and password for the camel-toolbox call-backs for F4?17:48
<whikloj>awoods: I saw your comments in the ticket, just not really sure why they are needed for WebAC but not previously?17:51
awoods: I was going to try it out first
<awoods>whikloj: there is a little story to that...17:52
<whikloj>awoods: there always is
<awoods>whikloj: first: fcrepo-camel-webapp does not works with authorization...
whikloj: so auth was not really possible until recently when we removed the webapp and replaced it with the karaf install.
whikloj: so the short story is that auth never worked before.17:53
...despite having that option in the vagrant
* jgpawletko joins
<whikloj>awoods: I'll add the -Dfcrepo.authUsername...etc options17:54
<awoods>whikloj: great... but as you said, testing without auth first is very rational.17:55
whikloj: and as a simplifying note, you can always include the username/password even if auth is not configured.
<whikloj>awoods: agreed17:56
awoods: I'm out, have a good night17:57
* whikloj leaves17:58
* jgpawletko leaves
<awoods>bye
* apb18 leaves18:02
* dwilcox joins18:05
* jrgriffiniii joins18:12
* jrgriffiniii leaves18:14
* ksclarke leaves18:31
* ksclarke joins18:47
* dwilcox leaves19:05
* the_mgt_ joins19:26
* the_mgt leaves19:29
* dhlamb joins19:46
* jrgriffiniii joins20:01
* jrgriffiniii leaves20:03
* ksclarke leaves23:23
* jrgriffiniii joins23:40
* jrgriffiniii leaves23:42
* dhlamb leaves00:40
* jrgriffiniii joins01:29
* jrgriffiniii leaves01:31
* dhlamb joins01:41
* dhlamb leaves01:45
* jrgriffiniii joins02:00
* jrgriffiniii leaves02:01