Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
<nic-data>osmandin: yes, have tried everything now Jetty, tomcat and not even the one-click version, tried it on Windows server 2008 32-bit as well, not same problem05:52
osmandin: i wrote in the community my problem, https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/fedora-community/-MnqHSAkLjY05:55
since this ive also tried to put the TMP and TEMP env to shorter dirs like c:\temp to outrole long path problem to find guava18 jar file05:56
osmandin: i can see from java verbose that it loads the guava-18.0.jar from the temp direktory, still it doesnt find the method06:00
osmandin: i also tried the java 8 u05 as per deploy documentation for Fedora 4.3.0 to rule out problem with new Java version06:01
osmandin: and many other options on 4 different clean server installs06:02
* esm_ joins08:16
* dwilcox joins08:24
* tolloid joins08:30
<osmandin>nic-data: I'm install win 2008 r2 on a VM and will update you after testing08:37
<nic-data>its the Server 2012 R2 thats intersting08:39
i testet server 2008 just for rule out Server 2012 R208:40
our customer is upgrading all server up to Server 2012 R208:41
<osmandin>nic-data: Ok, I'm downloaing it right now. I'll test in on both though.
<nic-data>thanks!
* dwilcox leaves08:42
* dwilcox joins
* dhlamb joins09:16
* dwilcox leaves
* jgpawletko joins09:27
* esm_ leaves09:33
* ajs6f joins09:37
* ksclarke joins09:38
* dwilcox joins09:55
* esm_ joins10:03
* jgpawletko leaves
<ajs6f>awoods: Why are PCDM issues being discussed on the Fedora call?10:09
<osmandin>nic-data: I'm able to replicate the issue you've reported. Now trying to debug it.10:10
<awoods>on a call
* jgpawletko joins
<awoods>ajs6f: ruebot_afk wanted to share updates apparently.10:49
* acoburn joins
<ajs6f>awoods: Okay, updates make more sense. I just don't want to spend time doing non-Fedora work on the Fedora call.10:51
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!10:52
Project fcrepo4-T2 build #359: FIXED in 4 min 27 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-T2/359/
* pgwillia joins11:20
* avmich joins11:22
* pgwillia leaves11:28
<avmich>is it possible to build a smaller version of Fedora, without optional packages?11:37
say, only fcrepo4-kernel-modeshape?11:38
<awoods>avmich: how would you like to deploy this "smaller Fedora"?
<avmich>it's going to be a library, which can be added to an app11:39
<ajs6f>avmich: Just cd into fcrepo4-kernel-modeshape and 'mvn package'.
avmich: There will be a jar in `target` that you can use.11:40
avmich: BUt remember, you will have to include all the dependencies.
avmich: You are probably better off just letting Maven (or some other build framework that understand transitive dependencies) pick it up as a dependency.
<avmich>you mean, Maven will only create jar, but I will have to gather all libraries it depend upon?11:41
if so, are they all mentioned in fcrepo-kernel-modeshape/pom.xml?
<ajs6f>avmich: Yes. You can do other things, but you quickly reach the point where you want to just let Maven do what it is good at.
avmich: Why can you not just include it as a dependency? Why do you have to do this manually?11:42
avmich: Keep in mind that all of fcrepo4-modeshape's dependencies have dependencies of their own, and so on.
<avmich>my eventual (current) goal is to be able to run Fedora in a cluster. I didn't find how to do that in documentation, so I have to learn Fedora more. So I'm reading sources and trying to decompose it into essential parts and the rest11:43
<ajs6f>avmich: If you would like to run Fedora in a cluster, great, but there is no reason whatsoever to be trying to isolate fcrepo4-modeshape to do that.11:44
<avmich>I plan to use Fedora, but need more control about what and how it does things, in case something breaks
<ajs6f>avmich: You are going to have to be much more specific than that in order to get anything useful done.11:45
<avmich>more specific? I've tried to launch Fedora on two VMs, it doesn't synchronize content. In order to be more specific, I guess I have to learn more first :) . That's why I'm learning11:46
I'm trying to ask questions as good as I can here
and learning means working with parts... roughly11:47
I can't find what I need in the docs11:48
* tolloid leaves11:50
<awoods>avmich: As a note, clustering has not been tested in a long time... I am not sure it is in a working state.
avmich: So if you get it to work, please report back.
<ajs6f>avmich: Have you gone through https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA43/Deploying+a+Fedora+Cluster11:51
avmich: If you are not finding something in the docs, you need to ask about that.
avmich: That would be a good question.
* tolloid joins
* tolloid leaves11:52
<avmich>ajs6f: no, I've tried https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA43/How+to+setup+a+Fedora+cluster - at the end of the page
<awoods>avmich: are you also known as: tiernan.peter?
<avmich>no :)
<awoods>avmich: do you know tiernan.peter?
<avmich>no. Why?11:53
<ajs6f>avmich: I think you should use the page I just recommended.
<awoods>avmich: that person has been asking clustering questions on the mailing list.
<avmich>I thought that's a basic functionality. The whole purpose of Fedora is to manage large collections of static data - clusters seem to be natural there. Am I right?11:54
<ajs6f>avmich: It is important. Fedora is an open source project driven by the needs and commitments of its contributors. No one has been particularly committed to clustering.
avmich: Are you interesting in contributing?11:55
<avmich>I've just started learning... a few weeks ago11:56
<ajs6f>avmich: Are you associated with some institution that is using or evaluating Fedora?
<avmich>together with open-ended list of technologies above and below Fedora... I don't know
I work at I-Human.com which plans to use a system based on Sufia (based on Hydra which uses Fedora as persistence layer)11:58
so, yes
<ajs6f>avmich:awoods: I have to run, so I'll leave this conversation to you.11:59
* ajs6f leaves12:00
<avmich>I'd like to contribute to documentation :)12:01
<awoods>avmich: that would be great. You just need to create a user account in the wiki
* escowles joins
<acoburn>escowles: f4 workshop meeting: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/c1glu6soq43r1rr6ou17qtobug812:02
<osmandin>awoods: Should I create a ticket for the problem reported by nic-data, before working on it?12:13
<awoods>osmandin: yes please
osmandin: Ideally, nic-data would create the ticket with specifics12:18
<osmandin>awoods: Ok. I have created FCREPO-1733. (Not sure how to make it visible in the scrum board though.)12:23
afk12:24
* whikloj joins12:29
* ksclarke leaves12:41
* escowles leaves12:43
* ksclarke joins12:44
* escowles joins13:06
<whikloj>acoburn/awoods: ping13:29
<acoburn>whikloj: in a meeting
<awoods>whikloj13:33
<whikloj>awoods: I'm assuming the task I was being roped into was changing some of our test framework to using OSGi tests. correct?13:34
<awoods>whikloj: yes, in the fcrepo-camel project13:35
<whikloj>awoods: ok that was my next question, this is scoped only at the fcrepo-camel project for now?
<awoods>whikloj: yes
whikloj: is there a ticket?13:36
<whikloj>awoods: no, I have just been reading the pax exam docs.13:37
awoods: and I know you said I could define the ticket, but I want to understand what you and acoburn where thinking.
<awoods>whikloj: please create a ticket when you get a chance... that we we can make sure it is describing the intended effort.13:38
<whikloj>awoods: ok
* ajs6f joins14:13
<whikloj>awoods: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-173414:15
<ajs6f>whikloj: IIUC. Pax Exam will basically fill the role played by the Spring test framework.
whikloj: IOW, it will set up the context around the test, any componentry needed, etc.
<whikloj>ajs6f: yes, but I'm not really clear on how the spring test framework works either o_O
<ajs6f>whikloj: That's okay. It's a lot like Pax Exam. :)
<whikloj>ajs6f: hurrah14:16
<ajs6f>whikloj: Srsly, both do one thing: they create the environment where the test takes place.
whikloj: They will do it in different way, slightly, but actually, they have a lot in common even in the mechacnics.
<whikloj>ajs6f: yes, I just don't understand it and so it makes it hard to visualize14:17
ajs6f: hopefully starting fresh with pax exam will make it clearer
<ajs6f>whikloj: So let's say to run a test, you need to have a repo, an index, and a Camel component, and you want to test that the Camel component successfully indexes the repo into the index.
<whikloj>ajs6f: no I get the theory, its all the crap in pom.xml I can't figure out14:18
<ajs6f>whikloj: Oh, well, if it make you feel any better, Pax Exam won't appear much in Maven. It's mostly in the code iitself.
whikloj: If that doesn't make you feel any better, try drinking a whole bottle of Robitussin. That will make you feel amazing.14:19
<whikloj>ajs6f++
<ajs6f>whikloj: and code great.
<whikloj>ajs6f: I diagree wit yer conculshons
<ajs6f>whikloj: You're ready to code on Fedora!14:20
<whikloj>ajs6f: w00t
<ajs6f>whikloj: Seriously, I've set up Pax Exam a couple of times now (although not for some while) so ping me if you get into a corner.
<whikloj>ajs6f++14:21
<ajs6f>whikloj: Or acoburn. I volunteer him, too, as our OSGi Motivator.
<whikloj>done and done
<acoburn>whikloj: feel free to ping me on this14:24
<whikloj>acoburn++
* avmich leaves14:49
* ksclarke leaves14:50
* ksclarke joins
<acoburn>awoods: are we scheduled for a webac mtg now?15:05
<awoods>acoburn: yes
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-09-16+-+WebAccessControl+Authorization+Delegate+Planning+Meeting15:06
<acoburn>awoods: I've been here on google hangouts....
awoods: I'll be there in just a sec
<ruebot>general impression +115:09
acoburn++15:11
would it be worth having a branch of fcrepo_vagrant that builds with fcrepo-webapp-plus-webac-4.3.1-SNAPSHOT.war too?15:12
whikloj++15:18
* dhlamb leaves15:53
<ruebot>+115:58
* esm_ leaves16:26
* dwilcox leaves16:35
* acoburn leaves16:57
* osmandin leaves17:45
* whikloj leaves18:00
* ajs6f leaves18:01
* ksclarke leaves18:08
* ksclarke joins18:11
* dwilcox joins19:23
* the_mgt_ joins19:26
* dwilcox leaves19:28
* the_mgt leaves19:29
* dwilcox joins20:13
* dwilcox leaves20:20
* dwilcox joins20:27
* dhlamb joins20:35
* ksclarke leaves20:38
* dwilcox leaves20:40
* dwilcox joins20:48
* dwilcox leaves20:49
* ksclarke joins21:19
* ksclarke leaves22:30
* ksclarke joins22:31
* jgpawletko leaves23:22

Generated by Sualtam