Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves00:57
* ajwagner leaves01:27
* ajwagner joins01:28
* nic-data joins05:34
* ajs6f joins07:13
awoods: Not going to be able to make the morning meeting.
* dwilcox joins08:13
* dhlamb joins08:39
* awead joins08:47
* ksclarke joins09:00
* whikloj joins09:07
* acoburn joins09:20
awoods: re fcrepo-1359 (making the ontologies look nicer as HTML docs), I'm happy to work on the rdfs2html stylesheet09:25
awoods: I wanted to clarify one thing though
awoods/ajs6f: there was a discussion earlier about moving all non-core ontologies out of the fcrepo4/ontolgy repository09:26
awoods/ajs6f: including indexing, audit, oai-pmh, etc
awoods/ajs6f: I'm happy to do that, but my question is do they all go into a single repository in fcrepo4-exts or does each go into its own repository?09:27
<ajs6f>acoburn:awood: I would say separate, because the idea is that they are fundamentally independent.09:31
<acoburn>ajs6f++09:32
<ajs6f>acoburn: Thanks for doing the work,09:33
<acoburn>ajs6f: it will be nice to have the fcrepo4/ontology repo cleaned up09:34
<ajs6f>acoburn: Yes. As you know, my goal is to eliminate all source code, ontology, and other detritus from all of our Github accounts. Then we will have truly minimized the maintenance burden over the long haul.09:35
<acoburn>ajs6f++
* sbmarks leaves09:55
* esm_ joins09:56
* jgpawletko joins10:13
* jgpawletko leaves10:25
* jgpawletko joins
* apb18 joins10:31
* sbmarks joins10:45
* bcoleman joins10:54
* bseeger joins11:01
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-09-10+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting11:04
<dhlamb>link for use cases aaron?11:10
<escowles>dhlamb: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Use+Cases+-+API+Extension+Architecture
signposting use case: https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=6983428711:14
* ajs6f leaves
<ruebot>lest we forget whikloj! :-)11:25
<whikloj>shhhh
* ruebot slowly backs away11:26
<whikloj>dhlamb: agenda is light, talk away.11:27
<dhlamb>don't forget islandora, either! we're walking the osgi line. things are dicey at the moment, and it may be less services and more message consuming stuff. but we've got one foot in that door, too11:35
e.g. exposing a subset of service over JMS11:36
<whikloj>awoods: +1 independant11:38
<dhlamb>this would be the first independent one, then?11:39
<ruebot>have we created the versioning matrix?11:40
...or is that still a todo?
that said, +1 on having it's own version number
awoods: +111:48
whikloj++11:53
* bseeger leaves12:02
* dwilcox leaves12:06
* bcoleman leaves12:17
* dwilcox joins12:23
* esm_ leaves12:31
* dwilcox leaves12:32
* dwilcox joins12:34
* dwilcox leaves12:42
<whikloj>acoburn: ping13:00
<acoburn>whikloj: pong
<whikloj>acoburn: was working on factoring out transform last night and I need some OSGi blueprint help. The the ITs try to POST to fcrepo-webapp-plus and it fails with a 503, but I'm not clear on the setup.13:02
acoburn: this is for fcrepo-camel-toolbox
<acoburn>whikloj: sure, do you have a branch in a public location?13:03
<whikloj>acoburn: https://github.com/whikloj/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/tree/FCREPO-1670
<acoburn>whikloj: I assume this is for the fcrepo-indexing-solr module?13:04
<whikloj>acoburn: yes, but probably also need https://github.com/whikloj/fcrepo4/tree/FCREPO-167013:05
acoburn: and https://github.com/whikloj/fcrepo-transform/tree/FCREPO-1670
<acoburn>whikloj: I'll build these and be back in a bit13:06
<whikloj>acoburn: or maybe not, but I think there is a PR on webapp-plus too.
acoburn: https://github.com/awoods/fcrepo-webapp-plus/tree/fcrepo-167013:07
* esm_ joins
* esm_ leaves13:11
* dwilcox joins13:12
<apb18>awoods: Tech minutes are up on the wiki.13:22
<awoods>apb18++13:23
* esm_ joins13:27
<acoburn>whikloj: nothing to report yet, but I'm working on it13:55
<whikloj>acoburn: don't kill yourself, I just don't fully understand how the blueprint causes the Fedora instance to start...etc.
<acoburn>whikloj: the issue is with the maven-jetty plugin13:56
<whikloj>acoburn: contextPath maybe?14:00
<acoburn>whikloj: I don't think so. I get this error: https://gist.github.com/acoburn/375fc5fa70282361002f14:01
<whikloj>acoburn: I don't get that, do I need to update my logging level?14:06
<acoburn>whikloj: no, I've been making changes to the pom.xml
whikloj: I don't yet know if it's progress or the opposite thereof14:07
<whikloj>acoburn++
<acoburn>whikloj: I had been getting errors about a missing LoginService14:10
whikloj: and after I added one to the maven config, the error above is what I started getting
whikloj: but that error doesn't make any sense to me14:11
<whikloj>acoburn: yeah that is not what I am seeing. Let me go back and confirm what I have built.
<acoburn>whikloj: sans loginService, this is what I get: https://gist.github.com/acoburn/9f60af7c4d7321880f8114:12
<whikloj>acoburn: yeah I do not get that.14:13
acoburn: trying a fresh build14:14
<acoburn>whikloj: that's strange. I have to run to a mtg in just a sec
<whikloj>acoburn: thanks for the help, it might be a PEBKAC problem
* acoburn1 joins14:22
* acoburn leaves14:26
* dwilcox_ joins14:27
* dwilcox leaves14:28
* dwilcox_ leaves14:34
* dwilcox joins14:36
* dwilcox leaves14:38
* dwilcox joins14:39
* esm_ leaves15:05
* esm_ joins15:19
* dwilcox leaves15:51
* dhlamb leaves16:05
* apb18 leaves16:40
* dwilcox joins17:01
* esm_ leaves17:13
* jgpawletko leaves
<acoburn1>whikloj: I have an idea17:24
<whikloj>acoburn1: yes?17:29
<acoburn1>whikloj: I was going to suggest that we just toss out fcrepo-indexing-solr, but I have another tact to try first17:31
whikloj: if that doesn't work, I'm almost inclined to do away with using fcrepo-transform with camel and rely on json+ld with a user-defined context file
<whikloj>acoburn1: what are the consequences of that decision?17:32
<acoburn1>whikloj: I'm not entirely sure, but since no one uses fcrepo-indexing-solr (as far as I know), they would probably be minor
<whikloj>acoburn1: it is not needed for he solr indexing part of webapp-plus?17:33
he -> the
<acoburn1>whikloj: there is no solr indexing part of webapp-plus
<whikloj>acoburn1: sorry I am thinking about fcrepo-camel-toolbox17:34
acoburn1: I like the feature, (not that we use it) I'd hate to toss it because of this.17:35
<acoburn1>whikloj: as currently implemented, fcrepo-transform is necessary for the -toolbox, but I'm wondering if there isn't another way of approaching this (solr indexing)
<whikloj>acoburn1: and on that I agree, there is probably a better way. But do you want to research it now or would we be better to try and resolve this build issue.17:36
<acoburn1>whikloj: I'd like to try to figure out the build issue, but if that doesn't work, I'd be interested in pursuing the other approach17:37
<whikloj>acoburn1: fair enough. I'll continue looking at maven-jetty and see if I can't get something to change with respect to my build.
<acoburn1>whikloj: my current approach is to override all of the spring configs. I think there's some promise there17:38
<whikloj>acoburn1: ok, I get lost in those configs.17:40
<acoburn1>whikloj: that's not hard to do. I'm heading out for the day and will see what tomorrow brings17:41
<whikloj>acoburn1: have a good night
* acoburn1 leaves
* whikloj leaves17:42
* dwilcox leaves17:51
* jgpawletko joins17:55
* jgpawletko leaves
* ksclarke leaves18:13
* the_mgt_ joins19:06
* the_mgt leaves19:10
* ksclarke joins20:14
* dhlamb joins
* ksclarke leaves23:16
* dhlamb leaves00:12
* sbmarks leaves00:14
* sbmarks joins01:00