Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* escowles leaves07:07
* escowles joins07:10
* escowles leaves07:19
* github-ff joins07:52
[fcrepo4] escowles closed pull request #900: Update CND to define cardinality of binary properties: (master...fcrepo-1720) http://git.io/vGDBI
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins08:10
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4023 (master - 4d8af02 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/3b03cc16a5d8...4d8af02881f9
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/78561117
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins08:14
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4015 (fcrepo-1581 - fa5ca09 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/89bb9c3a53c2...fa5ca09a95d3
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/78149763
* travis-ci leaves
* MohamedAR joins08:18
* MohamedAR leaves08:20
* mohamed joins
* Guest29094 leaves08:22
* mohamedar joins08:24
* dhlamb joins08:31
* awead joins08:32
* acoburn joins08:53
* mikeAtUVa joins08:59
* whikloj joins09:09
* ajs6f joins09:15
* ksclarke joins09:16
<whikloj>acoburn: should I be able to compile your delegate_impl branch?09:17
<acoburn>whikloj: I don't think so, but let me check…09:18
<whikloj>acoburn: its okay, if not just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.
<acoburn>whikloj: it's very much a work in progress. My local copy compiles now, but it has changed a bit from the delegate_impl branch09:20
<whikloj>acoburn: nevermind I was supposed to be looking at the acWebAuthImpl branch09:21
<acoburn>whikloj: that one should compile and test (the integration tests fail, but that's not related to this branch)09:22
* github-ff joins09:27
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to fcrepo-1581: http://git.io/vG9WL
fcrepo4/fcrepo-1581 90ee9f9 Andrew Woods: Code review update:...
* github-ff leaves
<acoburn>whikloj: feel free to merge that PR; I have an immediate need for it :-)09:28
<whikloj>acoburn: merged09:29
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] whikloj closed pull request #14: added a WebACAuthorizationImpl class (master...acWebAuthImpl) http://git.io/vGDuP
* github-ff leaves
<acoburn>whikloj++
* github-ff joins09:30
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] awoods deleted acWebAuthImpl at 0d93fe7: http://git.io/vG9lZ
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins09:48
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#4024 (fcrepo-1581 - 90ee9f9 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/fa5ca09a95d3...90ee9f9e5430
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/78575041
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins09:56
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] mohideen opened pull request #15: Updated README. (master...documentation) http://git.io/vG928
* github-ff leaves
* peichman joins10:11
<mohamedar>acoburn: peichman: ^^^ Please take look at the updated README. https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-module-auth-webac/tree/baf80aaf49c87e2d488c016da2c3f6ef51279e2410:29
<whikloj>peichman: regarding the integration testing, do you think it is worthwhile seeing if we could just override the way the test objects are created?10:31
^^ using the RbAcl IT tests I mean
<peichman>whikloj: I think that is a sane and sensible approach
<whikloj>peichman: then we could still use all the testing, because I think our only issue is getting the objects setup?10:32
<peichman>whikloj: I believe that is correct
<awoods>whikloj/peichman: If that is possible, great. Ensuring that the existing tests also work with webac would be wonderful. Additionally, we will probably want to have another test suite that flushes out scenarios like those we have been creating on the wiki.10:36
<peichman>whikloj: I have already started on translating the wiki examples into tests; I can continue on that if you would like to take on the overriding object creation in the existing test suite?10:37
<whikloj>peichman: sounds like a plan10:38
<peichman>whikloj: cool
* escowles joins10:51
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!10:54
Project fcrepo4-T2 build #344: FIXED in 6 min 1 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-T2/344/
* awoods: Refactor for alternate implmentations of FedoraUserSecurityContext
* awoods: Update CND to define cardinality of binary properties:
<awoods>mohamedar: where is the fcrepo4-T2 notification coming from? Build #344 is was on Tuesday.10:55
<whikloj>awoods/peichman: Could this be static? https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-auth-common/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/auth/common/FedoraAuthorizationDelegate.java#L88
awoods/peichman: or this be public https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-module-auth-webac/blob/master/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/auth/webac/WebACAuthorizationDelegate.java#L49
<awoods>whikloj: first question, no10:56
whikloj: maybe the question is, what are you trying but unable to do?
* bseeger joins
<ajs6f>READYTALK HAS THE BEST HOLD MUSIC. SRSLY.10:57
<whikloj>awoods: setup the test objects using the new EVERYONE Principle, currently the tests can access it for rbacl here: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/blob/master/fcrepo-auth-roles-basic/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/auth/roles/basic/BasicRolesAuthorizationDelegate.java#L32
awoods/peichman: doh!!! nevermind10:58
* apb18 joins10:59
<ajs6f>I'm here.11:00
<bseeger>I'm here
<apb18>I'm here as well (Aaron Birkland)11:01
* mikeAtUVa is also on the call.11:02
* ajwagner just joined as well
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-09-03+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting
<acoburn>mohamedar: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/c1glu6soq43r1rr6ou17qtobug8
* yinlin joins11:03
<ajs6f>Hah.11:07
* awead leaves
<ajs6f>Sure, why not?11:11
* acoburn leaves
<ajs6f>No, I am not.11:14
The core is closed.11:15
* github-ff joins11:19
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] peichman-umd opened pull request #16: Added example WebAC turtle files (master...turtle-examples) http://git.io/vGHqA
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+WebAccessControl+Authorization+Delegate11:23
* acoburn joins11:30
<escowles>awoods: actually, the hydra/pcdm standup call is right now, so i'll drop and go over there and bring up the WebACL sprint11:31
<awoods>yinlin: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-158111:33
<ajs6f>We really don't have a good pattern available for asynchronous REST.11:37
The more strongly we commit to REST as the architectural style for the Fedora API, the more this kind of stuff should get pushed into extensions.11:38
* github-ff joins11:44
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] peichman-umd opened pull request #17: Get the agent string from the Fedora user principal attribute in the JCR session. (delegate_impl...delegate_impl) http://git.io/vGHWF
* github-ff leaves
<peichman>acoburn: opened PR #17 against delegate_impl to get the user principal intot he agent string11:45
<acoburn>peichman++
<ajs6f>Let's call it agenda item hex.11:46
<ajwagner>Could they just be jira filters?
Yeah, if we could make those public... ah gotcha.11:47
<ajs6f>Bye bye11:48
* bseeger leaves11:56
* github-ff joins12:02
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] acoburn pushed 2 new commits to delegate_impl: http://git.io/vGHuF
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/delegate_impl 41bdacd Peter Eichman: Get the agent string from the Fedora user principal attribute in the JCR session.
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/delegate_impl 6ab18f3 Aaron Coburn: Merge pull request #17 from peichman-umd/delegate_impl...
* github-ff leaves
<whikloj>awoods/acoburn/peichman/mohamedar: I can write up the webac ontology, I assume at this stage it only has the "hasAcl" in it?
<acoburn>whikloj: no, for that we're using acl:accessControl
<awoods>acoburn++
<whikloj>acoburn: right
it was the ex:Acl rdf:type12:03
<acoburn>whkloj: I think the webac ontology defines a class webac:Acl
<whikloj>acoburn++
<acoburn>whikloj++
<awoods>whikloj++
whikloj: it would be great if you also included an xsl, and the elements: <owl:versionInfo> and <owl:priorVersion>12:04
<whikloj>awoods: will do
<acoburn>whikloj: you can steal most of this from here: https://github.com/fcrepo4/ontology/blob/master/indexing.rdf
<awoods>whikloj: there are examples: https://github.com/fcrepo4/ontology
<whikloj>awoods: do we have a priorVersion or you want the blank element for now
awoods: waaaay ahead of you12:05
<acoburn>whikloj: for the first version, there would be no priorVersion
<whikloj>acoburn++
<awoods>whikloj: yes, although a commented out element could be a good reminder.12:06
<acoburn>awoods++
<whikloj>awoods: sounds good
* github-ff joins12:21
[fcrepo4] yinlinchen opened pull request #902: Could use Metaspace to replace PermGen (master...Metaspace) http://git.io/vGHKq
* github-ff leaves
* yinlin leaves
* github-ff joins12:22
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] acoburn pushed 2 new commits to delegate_impl: http://git.io/vGHKR
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/delegate_impl b552f25 Aaron Coburn: added a WebACAuthorizationImpl class
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/delegate_impl d294e09 Aaron Coburn: added AccessRolesProvider implementation
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:24
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] acoburn force-pushed delegate_impl from d294e09 to d51d883: http://git.io/vG1Qc
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/delegate_impl d51d883 Aaron Coburn: added AccessRolesProvider implementation
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:25
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] acoburn force-pushed delegate_impl from d51d883 to 3069cb9: http://git.io/vG1Qc
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/delegate_impl cee057f Aaron Coburn: strawman delegate implementation
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/delegate_impl be5f909 Aaron Coburn: added accessToClass stubs and use of acl:accessControl property
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/delegate_impl f5e9e67 Peter Eichman: Get the agent string from the Fedora user principal attribute in the JCR session.
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:32
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] acoburn pushed 1 new commit to delegate_impl: http://git.io/vGHX5
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/delegate_impl cc91941 Aaron Coburn: checkstyle, dead code cleanup
* github-ff leaves
<whikloj>awoods: how do you want to handle this ontology, I'll put it up on whikloj and you can fork it?12:50
<awoods>whikloj: ok, thanks.12:51
<whikloj>awoods/acoburn/peichman/mohamedar: https://github.com/whikloj/fcrepo-webac-ontology12:55
<awoods>whikloj: first pass looks good12:57
<acoburn>whikloj: looks good to me12:59
<whikloj>acoburn/awoods: I used Acl, instead of WebAcl...problem yes/no?13:04
<awoods>whikloj: Acl seems cleaner
<acoburn>whikloj: Acl++
<whikloj>ok just checking
<peichman>whikloj: looks good to me, only suggestion might be in the comment for the Acl class, perhaps a simpler phrasing along the lines of "A WebAC access control list"13:05
acoburn: I can update my turtle files to use the new ontology namespace for the Acl resources13:06
<acoburn>peichman++
<peichman>any suggestions on a standard prefix for <http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/webac#>?13:07
<awoods>webac
<whikloj>what about the actual ontology
i used fedora-webac
<peichman>I like the idea of keeping fedora in the prefix13:10
<awoods>true, disambiguating from the "standard" webac ontology makes sense...13:12
although fedora-webac is a bit verbose.
for a prefix
<whikloj>f4-webac?13:13
<awoods>what are we using for the "standard" webac ontology prefix?
<peichman>acl:
(it's what the "spec" seems to use most often)13:14
<awoods>for comparison, the other fedora ontologies use: "fedora", "fcrepo", "indexing", "audit"13:15
<peichman>awoods: with that in mind, "webac:" makes a little more sense13:16
(for updating the turtle test files, not the hugest issue, I will just go with webac: and the http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/webac# URI)13:17
^^ URI )
<awoods>acoburn, thoughts?
<acoburn>awoods: in a meeting13:18
<awoods>I've heard that one before
<whikloj>hahaha
peichman: you will also need to update the turtle files to change WebAcl to Acl13:20
<peichman>whikloj: on it
<whikloj>peichman++13:21
<peichman>PR updated
<awoods>whikloj: would you like to practice your squash and merge on PR-16?13:24
<whikloj>awoods: sure13:25
awoods: I may have questions, but let me try on my machine first.13:26
<awoods>whikloj: will be here for the next 22 minutes, then back in ~2hours13:27
whikloj: this is the setup I use to bring PR branches down locally. https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Guide+for+New+Developers#GuideforNewDevelopers-ConfigureforPerformingCodeReviews13:32
<whikloj>awoods: I have squashed the last commit, merged the branches (just looking for a good merge message). Then do I force push that branch?13:33
<awoods>whikloj: no, because force pushing would loose the history13:34
whikloj: just push your squashed branch to master: "git push origin my-squashed-branch:master"
whikloj: then close the PR in Github with a link to your commit.13:35
whikloj: typically I do not do any "git merge", I just bring down the PR, rebase it on master, squash, then push up to master.13:36
<whikloj>awoods: your git-fu is strong sir13:37
mine is not
* ajs6f leaves13:38
<whikloj>awoods: so I can push the PR branch on master directly?13:43
<awoods>whikloj: paste your command here... let's see
<whikloj>awoods: no command, I did as you suggested. So I have pulled the PR (per documentation), rebased (as per docs) and squashed. But I am still on my pr branch, did I err?13:45
<awoods>whikloj: no, that all sounds good
whikloj: If you are happy with the squash, then you should be able to execute the following:
git push origin pull/16:master13:46
...or whatever your pr-branch is named
whikloj: what is your pr branch named?13:47
<whikloj>git push origin PR-16:master
<awoods>looks good
<whikloj>done13:48
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] whikloj pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/vGQOr
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/master aa6d9a2 Peter Eichman: Added example WebAC turtle files from https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA4x/WebAC+Authorization+Delegate
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>out of curiosity, did you update your ".git/config" per the link: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Guide+for+New+Developers#GuideforNewDevelopers-ConfigureforPerformingCodeReviews
whikloj ^^
<whikloj>awoods: yes
the extra fetch line, right
<awoods>whikloj: then how did your pr-branch get named "PR-16"13:49
whikloj: I would have expected it to be called "pull/16"
whikloj: looks good: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-module-auth-webac/commits/master
<whikloj>awoods: I checked it out instead of using "git checkout --track origin pull/xxx" from the docs13:50
<awoods>whikloj: ok
<whikloj>awoods: I wasn't sure if it was the same for a squash etc
<awoods>whikloj: now add a link to the original PR, and close the PR.
<whikloj>awoods: I ran "git checkout -b PR-16 origin/pull/16"
<awoods>whikloj: great13:51
an admirable command
I'm out for ~2hours
afk
* github-ff joins13:52
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] whikloj closed pull request #16: Added example WebAC turtle files (master...turtle-examples) http://git.io/vGHqA
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox joins14:29
* dwilcox leaves14:46
* escowles_ joins14:58
* escowles_ leaves
* acoburn leaves15:14
* github-ff joins15:15
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] whikloj opened pull request #18: Adding new Fedora WebAC namespace and resource (master...constants) http://git.io/vGQHG
* github-ff leaves
<whikloj>awoods/acoburn/peichman/mohamedar: ^^ easy PR
<awoods>whikloj/acoburn/mohamedar/peichman: how are we looking? Is WebAC going to land tomorrow?15:19
<whikloj>awoods: not sure, I am a slow java coder. Who apparently attends alot of meetings.15:20
<awoods>whikloj/acoburn/mohamedar/peichman: what needs to happen for us to seal the deal?15:21
<whikloj>awoods: acoburn is doing most of the heavy lifting, so we are staying out of his way.15:22
<awoods>whikloj/acoburn/mohamedar/peichman: and "sealing the deal" can be scoped to "something (even minimal) that is functional"
* github-ff joins15:35
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] acoburn pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/vGQbN
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/master 7b46b08 Jared Whiklo: Adding new Fedora WebAC namespace and resource
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/master d23c7ba Aaron Coburn: Merge pull request #18 from whikloj/constants...
* github-ff leaves
* acoburn joins15:44
* acoburn leaves15:53
<peichman>anyone have any idea why this test would be failing with "java.lang.VerifyError: Bad type on operand stack"?15:57
https://gist.github.com/peichman-umd/7f2eb8833ef8cd0cdfc1
it is happening when the request is executed by the client, and the server returns a 50016:01
<whikloj>peichman: we don't have the FAD in place yet?16:02
* acoburn joins16:03
<peichman>whikloj: afaik, this is running against the stub, which always returns false for the rolesHavePermission(), so if anything I would expect a 403 not a 50016:04
but I could very well be mistaken, since Java builds and testing is not my strong suit
<whikloj>peichman: ahh, I am trying to run my modified ITs and seem to have a problem getting the Grizzly instance running, could be a problem in our spring setup.16:05
* dhlamb leaves
<peichman>whikloj: that wouldn't surprise me16:07
whikloj: it is happening even on a simple GET request to http://localhost:8080/rest/16:12
<awoods>peichman/whikloj: how can I help?16:15
<whikloj>awoods: I'm getting this when Grizzly is spinning up. https://gist.github.com/whikloj/f36ce63361a04fb9719c16:16
<awoods>whikloj: in the master branch?16:17
<whikloj>awoods: no in a private branch re-using the RbAcl IT tests. I'll put it up and post a link
<awoods>whikloj: that would be great
whikloj: I will pull it down and give a look16:18
<whikloj>awoods: I think it must be the spring configuration, but honestly no idea. https://github.com/whikloj/fcrepo-module-auth-webac/tree/integration-tests
<acoburn>whikloj/awoods: I get those same errors on the master branch16:19
<whikloj>acoburn/awoods/peichman: so maybe it is the spring-test configurartion stuff16:20
* jgpawletko joins16:21
<awoods>whikloj: building now...16:22
whikloj: actually, I get a compilation error... is that branch up to date?
whikloj: hold on, may be on my side16:23
<whikloj>awoods: Oh wait16:25
* awoods waiting16:26
<whikloj>I modified rbacl to make something protected
one sec
<awoods>whikloj: tell me when you are ready16:28
<whikloj>awoods: sorry build this first. https://github.com/whikloj/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/tree/integration-tests16:29
* awoods building rbacl/integration-tests...16:33
<whikloj>awoods: I'm heading out, if you figure this out. Send me an e-mail, comment in github, etc. I'll check back later tonight16:59
<awoods>whikloj: will do
* whikloj leaves17:00
* mikeAtUVa leaves17:10
* github-ff joins17:23
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] mohideen opened pull request #19: Updated the Map with ModeshapePermissions to WebAC access modes. (delegate_impl...delegate_impl) http://git.io/vG7rU17:24
* github-ff leaves
* jgpawletko leaves17:27
* acoburn1 joins17:29
* acoburn leaves17:32
* acoburn joins17:36
* acoburn1 leaves17:40
* acoburn leaves17:47
* peichman leaves17:56
* ksclarke leaves18:02
* mohamedar leaves18:28
* dwilcox joins18:57
* dwilcox leaves19:04
* apb18 leaves19:16
* the_mgt_ joins19:17
* the_mgt leaves19:20
* awead joins20:37
* dhlamb joins22:42
* github-ff joins22:55
[fcrepo-module-auth-webac] acoburn force-pushed delegate_impl from cc91941 to ce2d1d6: http://git.io/vG1Qc
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/delegate_impl e3f8bfd Aaron Coburn: strawman delegate implementation
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/delegate_impl 992071f Aaron Coburn: added accessToClass stubs and use of acl:accessControl property
fcrepo-module-auth-webac/delegate_impl 32d9a2c Peter Eichman: Get the agent string from the Fedora user principal attribute in the JCR session.
* github-ff leaves
* apb18 joins23:16
* awead leaves23:18
* awead joins23:20

Generated by Sualtam