Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dwilcox joins07:30
* awead joins08:47
* awead leaves08:49
* awead joins08:51
* osmandin joins08:52
* dhlamb joins08:53
* ksclarke joins08:54
* esm_ joins09:15
* whikloj joins09:18
* ajs6f joins09:19
* awead leaves
* ajs6f leaves
* ajs6f joins
* awead joins09:21
* acoburn joins09:32
* MohamedAR joins09:33
* ff_logger_ leaves
* ff_logger__ leaves
<MohamedAR>@awoods: ff_logger_ and ff_logger__ were from dev and stage servers. I will rename there nicks to ff_logger_dev and ff_logger_stage, and will keep them stopped unless necessary for me to test something with sualtam.09:36
<awoods>MohamedAR: sounds good.09:38
* MohamedAR leaves09:42
* awead leaves09:43
* awead joins09:48
* dwilcox leaves09:55
* dwilcox joins09:56
* awead leaves
* MohamedAR joins09:57
* awead joins09:58
* acoburn1 joins10:00
* acoburn leaves10:03
* acoburn1 leaves
* acoburn joins10:04
* awead leaves10:05
* acoburn leaves
* awead joins10:25
* ajs6f leaves10:30
* ajs6f joins
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!10:53
Project fcrepo4-T2 build #330: FIXED in 5 min 35 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-T2/330/
<ajs6f>I'm here.11:00
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-08-20+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting11:01
* acoburn joins
awoods: I'm on the call now11:03
<ruebot>http://www.w3.org/TR/ldp-bp/#use-relative-uris
* bseeger joins11:04
<ruebot>ajs6f++
<whikloj>http://www.w3.org/TR/ldp-bp/#use-relative-uris
ruebot++
<ajs6f>Fedora Raadmin.11:05
Fedora.
* ff_logger_dev joins11:06
* ruebot snorts11:07
* ff_logger_dev leaves11:08
* ff_logger_dev joins
<ajs6f>Captain Star?11:12
Wasn't that a David Bowie persona at some point?11:13
<escowles>relative uris work, with one caveat: <.> means parent, <..> means grantparent: https://gist.github.com/escowles/e231e39b0d9013d1db7311:15
<ajs6f>escowles++
escowles: That . and .. interprestation is a little non-intuitive.
<escowles>ajs6f++ the workflow objectives are important -- tx or locking, etc. are just means to that end11:22
<ruebot>escowles++
<ajs6f>escowles: Exactly.
* awead leaves11:23
* awead joins11:24
<ajs6f>+111:31
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/burning, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clamant, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/compelling, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/critical, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crying, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dire, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/emergent, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exigent, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictio11:36
Ooh, clamant. I like that.
"Pretty not good". That's even worse than critical.11:37
<ruebot>dark archive use case solved!
osmandin++11:51
ajs6f++11:52
<ajs6f>A POWRFUL +0.11:54
* ruebot likes to push buttons to see what happens11:55
escowles++ ajs6f++11:56
+111:57
<ajs6f>Maybe you're just not that popular.12:01
Do you sit at a cafeteria table bby yourself?
<awoods>https://jira.duraspace.org/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=2712:02
<ajs6f>Wow. "If someone who can hear my voice right now…" That's a little dark.
* osmandin leaves12:06
* bseeger leaves
* dwilcox leaves12:09
<ajs6f>awoods: The reason I won't take up the translation of that doucument into Jira is because I have no real sense of what the terms mean. (e.g. "epic", "component" etc.) and I'm not even sure that they are well-defined. My sense is that what matters most is that they work for _you_ as tech lead, so that you can render decisions on prioritization when needed, so I don't think anyone but you can execute that mapping. BUt I will help as I can.12:15
<awoods>thanks, ajs6f. I will call on your assistance if/when needed.12:18
* awead leaves12:20
* dwilcox joins12:33
* ajs6f leaves12:39
* acoburn leaves13:50
* acoburn joins13:53
* whikloj leaves
* whikloj joins
* ajs6f joins13:55
* dwilcox leaves14:27
* dwilcox joins14:31
* jgpawletko joins14:37
* jgpawletko leaves14:38
* acoburn leaves14:47
* github-ff joins15:01
[fcrepo-webapp-plus] barmintor pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/vslgE
fcrepo-webapp-plus/master 5a1907d Andrew Woods: Fix xacml deployment configuration to:...
fcrepo-webapp-plus/master 81fd433 Benjamin Armintor: Merge pull request #20 from awoods/fcrepo-1651...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins15:07
fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus#67 (master - 81fd433 : Benjamin Armintor): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/compare/56bad07c5d67...81fd433c7e86
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-webapp-plus/builds/76513442
* travis-ci leaves
<awoods>ajs6f: This ticket just moves the ancient projects from labs into archive. Could you give it a quick glance and close the ticket please? https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-170015:08
<ajs6f>awoods: I will if you list the actual projects that were moved.15:09
<awoods>ajs6f: they are all of the ones now found in the archive. the archive was empty before this ticket.
<ajs6f>awoods: Okay, _I'll_ list them.
<awoods>ajs6f: what are you going to do with that list?15:10
<ajs6f>awoods: Put it in the ticket, as I just said.
<awoods>ajs6f: ok, thanks.
<ajs6f>Jezz, there's a billion of them. How do Ij get a simple cut-and-pastable list?15:11
<whikloj>haha
awoods +1, ajs6f 0
next round
<ajs6f>whikloj: Laugh it up, Frosty.15:12
<awoods>ajs6f: let me look into the github rest-api
<whikloj>ajs6f: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgkO7EuNq4SsI1sgkimYKj8AI7GQbyjyyQQACvGYNX60aIcZW6
<ajs6f>whikloj: Do you realize that the male in that image is naked?15:13
https://developer.github.com/v3/repos/#list-organization-repositories15:14
<whikloj>ajs6f: yeah and donald duck never wore pants. My therapist helps me out with this stuff.
<awoods>ajs6f: curl https://api.github.com/orgs/fcrepo4-archive/repos?page=3 |grep html_url15:17
ajs6f: not perfect, but usable... notice paging
<ajs6f>➜ ~ curl https://api.github.com/orgs/fcrepo4-archives/repos
{
"message": "Not Found",
"documentation_url": "https://developer.github.com/v3"
}
Oh, _arhive_.
* dwilcox leaves15:22
<whikloj>ajs6f: curl -i "https://api.github.com/orgs/fcrepo4-archive/repos"15:34
ajs6f: did that not work for you as a single stream of content? ^^
* acoburn joins15:36
awoods/whikloj: re our WebACL sprint mtg today, can we push that a bit later?15:38
<ajs6f>whikloj That's not all of them. As awoods pointed out ^^^ ther is paging.
<awoods>acoburn: fine with me. What do you have in mind?
<ajs6f>whikloj: There truly were umpteen jillion of the little buggers. We apparently cloned EVERYTHING at some point.
<whikloj>acoburn: if it can be shorter, I am out of here at 3 ET
ajs6f: ahhh ok, I didn't understand the problem. it is a frequent occurance15:39
<awoods>whikloj: the meeting was scheduled for 4 ET
<acoburn>whikloj: you mean 5 ET?
<whikloj>awoods/acoburn: right 5ET I hate timezones
I am also open tomorrow15:40
<ajs6f>whikloj: The problem is that there is too much software in the world. Much of tht junk could profitably be replaced with beer.
<whikloj>ajs6f: anything can be profitably replaced with beer.
ajs6f: even beer
<ajs6f>BEER SQUARED. That is truly brilliant.
whikloj++
<acoburn>awoods/whikloj depending on when this ends, we could try for 4:30 ET. Otherwise, tomorrow is great
<awoods>acoburn/whikloj: maybe tomorrow, since whikloj is leaving at 3p or 5pm.15:41
<whikloj>acoburn/awoods: I have nothing to the end of the day (1:20 and counting). So if you finish lets meet, if not shoot for tomorrow.
awoods: actually I'm already having a beer with ajs6f
<awoods>acoburn/whikloj: 10am ET tomorrow?15:42
<acoburn>awoods/whikloj: anytime tomorrow works for me (10 ET is great)
<ajs6f>whikloj: I am actually looking at a couple of jars of strong homemade cider.
<awoods>whikloj?15:43
acoburn/whikloj: In the meantime: https://docs.google.com/a/fedora-commons.org/document/d/1R3rHE38Kvp5npqahAEEwU8Nmoyh3R2MJ2GGhVqSBq28/edit?usp=sharing15:44
<whikloj>awoods/acoburn: I have to drop my kids at the MiniU camp so 10:15 ET would be better15:46
<acoburn>whikloj/awoods: that works for me
<awoods>whikloj/acoburn: 10:15, or 10:30 if that allows for traffic?
<acoburn>awoods: I can't access that google doc15:47
<whikloj>awoods/acoburn: Its on campus, I drop at 10 ET and then just the walking time back to my office.
<awoods>acoburn: now?
<whikloj>awoods/acoburn: I had to request access as well
awoods: I'm in
<acoburn>awoods: me too
<awoods>good
good
whikloj/acoburn: 10:15 tomorrow! hoorah15:48
* dwilcox joins16:01
* dwilcox leaves16:04
<whikloj>ajs6f: Mmmm cider
<ajs6f>Is anyone else going to ISWC this fall?16:06
<awoods>hopefully you are not the only one at the conference, ajs6f.
<ajs6f>He'll be appearing all week here, folks!
<whikloj>never heard of it, but they rarely let me out16:07
<ajs6f>whikloj: http://iswc2015.semanticweb.org/
Don't get _enough_ RDF in your diet yet? Here's more.
<awoods>acoburn: when you have a moment, can you please pass along your JAVA_OPTS?16:08
* awoods debugging GC OOM issue
<acoburn>awoods: I'll dig that up in a few minutes16:09
<whikloj>ajs6f: this is promising http://iswc2015.semdev.org/
<ajs6f>whikloj: I didn't really get that. ISWC isn't really a developer-y thing. It's heavily academic. It's mostly compsci profs and grad students presenting and people from industry sniffing around to see what's coming down the river.16:11
<whikloj>ajs6f: must be why the developer track gets cancelled16:12
<ajs6f>whikloj: Right. Or, because it's being held in a casino and all the devs think they have invented an algorithm to beat the house.
<whikloj>ajs6f: casino you say?! Hmmm perhaps I can find a budget number....16:13
<ajs6f>whikloj: Seriously. I think it's just because the largest hotel in Bethlehem, Penn happens to be connected to a casino, but I am looking forward to observing befuddled and tipsy German and Chinese academics try to understand the intricacies of video poker.16:14
<whikloj>ajs6f: lol16:15
<ajs6f>whikloj: And explain to pit bosses what's wrong with their RNGs.
* awead joins
* dhlamb leaves16:16
<whikloj>ajs6f: I'd probably melt my brain with either the conference topics or excessive gambling/drinking. Its a public service that I stay home.16:19
<ajs6f>whikloj: Some of the tech presented is going to be pretty speculative, so it would come under both headings. I'll try and drink some extra for you.16:20
<whikloj>ajs6f++
awoods: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-08-20+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting16:32
awoods/ajs6f: ^^ I think I got it, but I left a note or two you should check for correctness with your memory of events
<ajs6f>whikloj: The important thing is whether you captured the tone of weary cynicism.16:33
<whikloj>ajs6f: not sure, I have a default sardonic tone16:34
<ajs6f>whikloj: Looks good to me, even the tone. The only thing you did't capture is the plaintive manner in which awoods bemoaned the fact that no one closes his tickets.16:35
<whikloj>ajs6f: I did have that in there, but felt it might belittle his accomplishments. There were to my recollection only two tickets.16:36
* ajs6f leaves16:54
* whikloj leaves
* MohamedAR leaves17:01
* esm_ leaves17:08
<acoburn>awoods: I looked around for my JAVA_OPTS settings, and I wasn't able to locate my notes (and the VM I had been using has gone back to "the cloud")17:12
* awead leaves17:23
* acoburn leaves17:31
<awoods>acoburn: thanks for looking17:40
* ksclarke leaves18:17
* dwilcox joins18:54
* ksclarke joins19:12
* dwilcox leaves19:34
* ksclarke leaves19:47
* ksclarke joins20:02
* MohamedAR joins20:42
* MohamedAR leaves21:14
* awead joins22:57
* f4jenkins leaves23:04
* f4jenkins joins