Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke joins10:43
<osmandin>ajs6f: If it's an urgent ticket, I don't have time to tackle it right away. If it can wait, I can work on this in the background. Please let me know.10:44
<ajs6f>osmandin: What is your timeframe? Couple days? A week? More?
<osmandin>ajs6f: A week or so possibly due to current urgent project here. I haven't looked at the ticket in detail yet to estimate how long it'll take. I'm assuming you didn't get a chance to start on it either?10:46
<ajs6f>osmandin: I just heard about it. I'll start it and see how far I get. You can step in later, if I don't finish it. Okay?
<osmandin>ajs6f: Sure. Just let me know please.
<ajs6f>osmandin: Okay, I've started it. I'll check in with you later. Thanks!10:47
<osmandin>ajs6f: Ok, thanks.
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!10:53
Project fcrepo4-T2 build #328: FIXED in 5 min 4 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-T2/328/
osmandin: Mark fcr:import/fcr:export as deprecated.
* ajs6f1 joins10:57
* ajs6f leaves10:59
* awoods leaves
* awoods joins11:09
* MohamedAR leaves11:17
<ajs6f1>awoods: Is 1519 specifically about BagIt, or can it just mirror the structure of the repo in a serialized form?11:26
<awoods>ajs6f1: I would prefer a flat mirror of the repo... but I believe escowles had bagit in mind.11:28
<escowles>ajs6f1: when we had a call about it, the three people who were interested in using it (me, mjgiarlo and acoburn) all used bagit as part of their workflows11:30
* awead leaves11:32
<ajs6f1>awoods:escowles: I think Bagit is awful and yet another library parochialism. I'll write the flat version and if people want to inflict BagIt on themselves, they can work off the filesystem.11:33
<awoods>on a call11:34
<ajs6f1>WHHAHAHHWHWHAHHW WHAT!11:35
* awead joins12:01
<awoods>ajs6f1: can you go ahead and merge/close: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-166712:54
<ajs6f1>awoods: Later this afternoon— just running out the door.
* ajs6f1 leaves12:55
<whikloj>awoods: the build script seems to cause problems on my OSX machine, if I can do a "mvn clean install" in each module that should be fine right?13:20
<awoods>whikloj: yes. building that list of projects is all that is needed.13:21
<ruebot>if only we had a quote add ... "I think Bagit is awful and yet another library parochialism."13:24
...and the very least "yet another library parochialism"
s/and/at13:25
<whikloj>ruebot: d@mn librarians!!
<ruebot>whikloj: we can be a horrible lot.13:26
<whikloj>ruebot: I can't define "parachialism" so I keep my mouth shut
<ruebot>awoods: added sample diagrams to pcdm wiki -- https://github.com/duraspace/pcdm/wiki/Diagrams13:38
* acoburn joins13:52
* acoburn leaves13:55
<awoods>ruebot: thanks14:06
afk
<whikloj>ruebot: is there any requirements for building migration-utils?14:07
<awoods>whikloj: it should build
<whikloj>awoods: I know and I am getting straight up compilation errors.
recloning14:08
* github-ff joins14:48
[fcrepo4] whikloj opened pull request #887: Tear fcrepo-transform out (master...FCREPO-1670) http://git.io/vskNL
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins14:50
[fcrepo4] ajs6f closed pull request #871: Catch empty body PUT request error (master...fcrepo-1667) http://git.io/vOHwE
* github-ff leaves
* ajs6f1 joins14:51
* travis-ci joins15:07
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3971 (master - 68f99e1 : A. Soroka): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/af2cf6d94504...68f99e1a84c1
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/76160554
* travis-ci leaves
* dwilcox leaves15:26
<awoods>ruebot: it would be nice if your diagrams were zoomable: https://github.com/duraspace/pcdm/wiki/Diagrams15:28
* esm_ leaves16:06
* dhlamb leaves
* dhlamb joins16:07
* dhlamb leaves16:11
* acoburn joins16:21
awoods: ping16:22
<awoods>acoburn
<acoburn>awoods/whikloj: I have the fcrepo-transform module ready to push into the new git repo16:23
awoods/whikloj: shall I push it all directly to master, or do you want me to issue a PR for that?
<awoods>acoburn: For the initial commit, straight to master is fine. Note that before the ticket can be closed, we need to add fcrepo-transform into fcrepo-webapp-plus and update fcrepo4-vagrant and fcrepo-message-consumer and fcrepo-camel-toolbox...16:26
<acoburn>fcrepo-camel-toolbox will be a bit tricky, I think, but we'll get there by and by16:27
awoods: it's all there now: https://github.com/fcrepo4-exts/fcrepo-transform
<awoods>acoburn/whikloj: thanks16:28
<acoburn>whikloj: an initial PR that adds a travis config would be nice (you should be able to just copy from fcrepo4)16:29
awoods: you may also want to edit the name of the repository: "Fedora Transformation Module" isn't very informative16:30
whikloj: there's also no README file at present
<whikloj>acoburn: thats because I don't actually know what fcrepo-transform does :)16:31
<acoburn>whikloj: here's your opportunity to learn!16:32
whikloj: basically, it takes a RDF resource and uses LDPath to convert it into JSON
whikloj: http://marmotta.apache.org/ldpath/16:33
<whikloj>acoburn: you know the README is just going to be this irclog ^^^
<acoburn>whikloj++
whikloj: there's also some code in there related to sparql-update (or something like that — I've never used that feature)16:34
whikloj: I suppose it must be sparql query, not sparql update
whikloj: in any case, it's extremely handy for converting RDF documents into a representation that Solr (or other document store) can handle16:35
<whikloj>acoburn: would I be able to give you FCREPO-1670? <fingers crossed />16:36
<acoburn>whikloj: the hard part is really fcrepo-164416:37
whikloj: and you could assign it to me, but nothing is going to happen this week from me
whikloj: and after that is all webACL, so it might be a while till I could complete it16:38
whikloj/awoods: anyway, I'm on my way out for the day (heading back to VT)
* acoburn leaves16:39
<whikloj>acoburn: bye, I'll get that ticket to you asap ;)
urp
<ajs6f1>acoburn: fcrepo-transform was supposed to be more general, but the two ttypes of ransform that cbeer impl'd were RDF -> fields via LDPath (JSON is just a convenient representation for fields— the actual transform has nothing to do with JSON, and RDF -> RDF via SPARQL.16:41
<whikloj>awoods/ajs6f1: Is there a template for fcrepo4 README.md files?16:43
<ajs6f1>whikloj: That is an excellent idea. Open a ticket and assign yourself. I think you'll do a wonderful job.16:44
<whikloj>anyone, anyone?
<awoods>whikloj: I understand Islandora has a great template.
<whikloj>awoods/ajs6f1: I'm already writing documentation for a tool I have no understanding of. This may not be in the project's best interests.16:45
<awoods>whikloj: you're a natural.
<ajs6f1>"THE PROJECT'S BEST INTERESTS"!?!?! ROTF LMAO16:46
<whikloj>I like to get the generic warnings out of the way.16:48
* whikloj leaves16:50
* osmandin leaves16:51
* ajs6f1 leaves16:54
* ksclarke leaves18:19
<ruebot>awoods, whikloj: https://github.com/Islandora/islandora/wiki/Readme-template18:54
awoods: i'll fix those images
<awoods>ruebot: thanks and thanks
ruebot: I am glad to see there is some interest in the Islandora/Hydra interop topic.18:55
<ruebot>awoods: images are linked now.18:59
awoods: now to catch up on email. i was in meetings from 2-5:30PM EST.
<awoods>ruebot++ on the image links.19:00
ruebot: it would be nice if we could get a Hydra model up as well for comparison.19:01
<ruebot>awoods: now i really wish i could be at hydra connect to be in on these discussions. so happy to see the communities come together.
awoods: most definitely.
* the_mgt_ joins19:33
* the_mgt_ leaves
* the_mgt_ joins
* the_mgt leaves19:36
* ksclarke joins20:12
* dhlamb joins21:17
* dhlamb leaves21:23
* dhlamb_ joins
* dhlamb_ leaves23:20
* awead leaves23:39
* awead joins23:45

Generated by Sualtam