Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dwilcox joins07:40
* escowles joins08:11
* mhwood joins08:24
* awead joins08:32
* dhlamb joins08:52
* whikloj joins08:53
* awoods_ joins09:40
* awoods leaves09:43
* ksclarke joins09:51
* ajs6f joins09:52
escoles: Sorry, I just snagged an issue from you.
escowles: Didn't see your name.09:53
<escowles>ajs6f: it's probably fine -- i'm only working on 1497 atm
<ajs6f>escowles; This was just to reiew https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-163709:54
Not to work anything.
<awoods>escowles: fyi, there are two release blockers with you name on them: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-07-16+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting09:55
escowles: relating to the 4.2 to 4.3 migration script
<escowles>awoods: i should have time to get to those this afternoon09:57
<awoods>escowles++
* jgpawletko joins
<awoods>escowles: would you mind clicking "Start Work" on: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-149709:58
* github-ff joins10:45
[fcrepo4] escowles created fcrepo-1497-indirect-container (+1 new commit): http://git.io/vmzt2
fcrepo4/fcrepo-1497-indirect-container 56b8a4a Esmé Cowles: Adding appropriate inbound triples based on LDP containment properties, adding IT to cover typical PCDM use case of proxies
* github-ff leaves
* mhwood leaves
* github-ff joins10:50
[fcrepo4] escowles force-pushed fcrepo-1497-indirect-container from 56b8a4a to 92e464e: http://git.io/vmzOY
fcrepo4/fcrepo-1497-indirect-container 92e464e Esmé Cowles: Adding appropriate inbound triples based on LDP containment properties, adding IT to cover typical PCDM use case of proxies
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins10:51
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #842: Adding appropriate inbound triples based on LDP containment properties (master...fcrepo-1497-indirect-container) http://git.io/vmzOn
* github-ff leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo4-T2 build #295: UNSTABLE in 5 min 8 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-T2/295/10:53
* travis-ci joins10:56
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3841 (fcrepo-1497-indirect-container - 92e464e : Esmé Cowles): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/56b8a4a43edd...92e464efdf62
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/71266654
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins10:58
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3840 (fcrepo-1497-indirect-container - 56b8a4a : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/56b8a4a43edd
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/71265742
* travis-ci leaves
* jrgriffiniii joins10:59
<ajs6f>I'm here.11:01
Me.
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-07-16+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting11:03
* dshalvi joins11:05
<ajs6f>+111:07
<whikloj>+111:09
<dhlamb>do what must be done
<ajs6f>ruebot+11:11
ruebot++
<whikloj>ruebot+++
<ruebot>http://media.giphy.com/media/qOnm1DdCBNl3G/giphy.gif
<jrgriffiniii>ruebot++11:12
<awoods>https://jira.duraspace.org/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=2711:14
<whikloj>awoods: no issues needed11:17
<awoods>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1627
<whikloj>jrgriffiniii++11:19
<ruebot>jrgriffiniii++
<ajs6f>No job too big, no job toosmall.
<jrgriffiniii>It's a pleasure to contribute11:20
<ruebot>i can merge that if you want11:22
...specifically https://github.com/duraspace/pcdm/pull/18
<escowles>+111:26
<ajs6f>No.11:29
<ruebot>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-06-08+-+Open+Repositories+Committers+Meeting11:30
<escowles>sorry, got to run to another call...11:31
<whikloj>+1 to that awoods11:33
<ajs6f>+1
* yinlin joins11:34
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/F4+GitHub+Organizations11:42
<ruebot>i'm with you11:43
* escowles leaves11:44
* ruebot chortles
ajs6f++11:45
ajs6f++
i stand next to awoods in a gorilla mask11:46
i'll*
<whikloj>ajs6f++11:47
<awoods>2) Which projects are always included in any given release?11:48
ref impl
<dhlamb>fedora Xtreme11:49
<awoods>example: http://docs.sonarqube.org/display/PLUG/Plugin+Version+Matrix11:51
<dhlamb>agreed with ajs6f
no need to bump if it still works
<ajs6f>The culture of the Fedora community is a kind of mold.11:53
<dhlamb>4.3
<awoods>Should we decouple the version number schemes of optional projects from core releases?11:57
<ruebot>IMF is running it11:58
* ruebot bad grexit joke11:59
* dhlamb facepalms
<ajs6f>I only wish we could sign our sovereignity over to the IMF.12:00
escowles: We're looking at storing the properties presented as triples in fcr:metadata on the NonRDFSource being described (as opposed to on the fcr:metadata-backing resource). I claim that this won't prevent us from doing whatever we want with fcr:metadata later (making it a container, making it have a special lifecycle, filling it with peanut butter and Valvoline and baking it for several hours in a turtle shell, whatever we want. Any qualm12:02
<awoods>ajs6f: did you question get truncated?12:06
ajs6f: did your question get truncated?
* dwilcox leaves
<ajs6f>awoods: No, I see all of it. Are you having connection problems?
<awoods>ajs6f: likely
<ajs6f>awoods: Are you using _both_eyes to read your screen?
<awoods>ajs6f: I would like to think so.12:07
<ajs6f>awoods: You really shouldn't have any question about this. Reach up and poke yourself in one eye, then in the other. You should feel _two_ sharp stabbing pains. If you only feel one, you need to open the other eye.12:08
afk bbl12:14
* ajs6f leaves
<whikloj>awoods: escowles is offline anyways12:15
<awoods>whikloj: tricky
* dwilcox joins12:20
* escowles joins12:26
<awoods>escowles: there was a question that was posed to you on IRC (during your absence) regarding conversation on the Fedora Tech call. http://irclogs.fcrepo.org/2015-07-16.html12:27
escowles: thoughts?
escowles: at 12:0212:28
<escowles>awoods: i'm fine with storing the properties on the nonRDFsource -- that makes sense since they are about that resource12:29
and i'm actually fine with retrieving fcr:metadata and getting triples about the nonRDFsource -- I think it was barmintor who was most concerned with the repository URL and the subject URI being the same12:30
<awoods>escowles: thanks for the feedback.12:39
escowles: I think there is good reason for concern about a mismatch between the repository URL (binary/fcr:metadata) and the subject URI (binary)... but there does not appear to be a better solution at the moment.12:40
<escowles>awoods: i agree -- too many operations required by the binary and its description for them to peacefully coexist at the same rest api URL12:41
<ruebot>shall i merge https://github.com/duraspace/pcdm/pull/18? we have three thumbs, and rob has updated/squashed
<escowles>ruebot: yep
<awoods>ruebot: hit it
<ruebot>done12:42
<awoods>ruebot+12:45
<whikloj>ruebot: see you have to work really hard to get that second + from awoods12:47
<ruebot>i suppose i'll get it after next friday :-)
<awoods>indeed12:48
<whikloj>ruebot+
<ruebot>heh
...so the release manager isn't confused. the release number we're doing next friday is 4.3.0, right?12:58
not 4.2.1
<awoods>ruebot: correct13:01
<ruebot>awoods: are you responsible for the weekly jira emails? if so, curious how you're doing them since we have a potential use case for them with the islandora documentation interest group.13:36
<awoods>ruebot: I am likely the one responsible for them... I need to step out in just a moment, but would be glad to share what I have done later today.13:38
<ruebot>awoods: works for me. i'm around for the next 3hrs or so.
* awoods_ joins13:39
ruebot: you are talking about the email with subject: "[DuraSpace JIRA] Subscription: Fedora Weekly Issues"?13:40
* awoods leaves13:42
* awead leaves
* github-ff joins13:50
[fcrepo4] escowles pushed 1 new commit to fcrepo-1532: http://git.io/vmgwt
fcrepo4/fcrepo-1532 25d54b0 Esmé Cowles: Suppressing built-in jcr:mimeType
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins14:00
[fcrepo4] escowles pushed 1 new commit to fcrepo-1497-indirect-container: http://git.io/vmg6g
fcrepo4/fcrepo-1497-indirect-container ed08d37 Esmé Cowles: Fixing test after rebase
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>awwods: correct14:04
awoods: correct14:05
* travis-ci joins14:16
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3845 (fcrepo-1497-indirect-container - ed08d37 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/92e464efdf62...ed08d37a4ed1
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/71296243
* travis-ci leaves
* ajs6f joins14:34
escowles: Ping14:35
<escowles>ajs6f: pong
<ajs6f>escowles: Remember how I argued that you didn't really want fcr:metadata to be a container, you wanted lifecycle management based on predicates?14:36
<escowles>i remember that, yes
<ajs6f>escowles: I just thought of a really good example: derivatives. With lifecycle policies, you get cleanup after derivatives. Point being, it's a much more powerful and general tool, that happens to solve your immediate prob.14:37
<escowles>ajs6f: i agree -- it does seems like a much better approach to the problem (just more ambitious)14:39
<ajs6f>escowles; Fair point. Would you be interested in writing a use case for your real problem based on the assumption that I am going to do lifecycle management (not saying I am, just saying I might)?14:40
<escowles>ajs6f: yes, i can write that up (probably monday)14:41
<ajs6f>escowles: No hurry, by any means. I still need to spend time thinking of reasons this isn't workable, anyway.
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-163914:46
* ajs6f leaves14:57
* dwilcox leaves15:12
* awead joins15:18
* github-ff joins15:36
[fcrepo4] escowles created fcrepo-1532-rebase (+5 new commits): http://git.io/vm2Wr
fcrepo4/fcrepo-1532-rebase 8dc4926 Esmé Cowles: Allow updating mimeType and filename properties
fcrepo4/fcrepo-1532-rebase 98e088e Esmé Cowles: Using ebucore:filename for content filename
fcrepo4/fcrepo-1532-rebase e02a368 Esmé Cowles: Using ebucore:hasMimeType and ebucore:filename instead of jcr/fedora:mimeType and premis:hasOriginalName
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins15:39
[fcrepo4-release-tests] escowles created fcrepo-1532 (+1 new commit): http://git.io/vm28v
fcrepo4-release-tests/fcrepo-1532 cb03334 Esmé Cowles: Updating mime type predicate
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins15:40
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #843: Allow updating mimeType and filename properties (master...fcrepo-1532-rebase) http://git.io/vm28z
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins15:41
[fcrepo4] escowles closed pull request #791: Allow updating mimeType and filename properties (master...fcrepo-1532) http://git.io/vU02y
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins15:43
[fcrepo4-release-tests] escowles opened pull request #13: Updating mime type predicate (master...fcrepo-1532) http://git.io/vm248
* github-ff leaves
* scossu joins15:45
* travis-ci joins15:46
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-release-tests#42 (fcrepo-1532 - cb03334 : Esmé Cowles): The build failed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-release-tests/commit/cb03334ca3af
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-release-tests/builds/71310709
* travis-ci leaves
<awoods>ruebot: ping15:48
<ruebot>awoods: pong
<awoods>ruebot: jira emails?
<ruebot>awoods: yessir!
<awoods>ruebot: do you use the duraspace jira, or your own?15:49
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3846 (fcrepo-1532-rebase - 1eb0c14 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/8dc4926f9f34^...1eb0c1495511
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/71310296
* travis-ci leaves
<ruebot>awoods: durspace jira
<awoods>ruebot: ok
<ruebot>awoods: use case is this...
we have a documentation interest group, and they're interested in getting emails of open/existing documenation type tickets15:50
https://jira.duraspace.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ISLANDORA%20AND%20issuetype%20%3D%20Documentation%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20status%20in%20%28Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%29%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC
that ugly url
<awoods>ruebot: can you "Save" that query?15:51
ruebot: do you see a "Save as" button?
<ruebot>awoods: yep
<awoods>ruebot: save it
<ruebot>awoods: done15:52
<awoods>ruebot: then go to "Issues -> Manage filters"
ruebot: do you see your saved filter?
<ruebot>awoods: i see it in the right nav, under favorite filters15:54
awooods: oh, i see what you mean
awooods: it's private. is there a way to make it public?15:55
<awoods>ruebot: the filter is private?15:56
* ajs6f joins
<ruebot>awooods: yeah
<awoods>ruebot: do you see the gear off to the right?
<ruebot>awooods: yep. it has name, description, and favourite15:57
<awoods>ruebot: then "Gear -> Edit"
ruebot: no "Shares"?
<ruebot>awoods: nope :-(
<awoods>:(
ruebot: you are logged in?15:59
<ruebot>awoods: yep16:00
awoods: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ta06hmvnc08z4kj/Screenshot%20from%202015-07-16%2016%3A02%3A08.png?dl=016:02
awoods: not seeing a way to make it public
<awoods>ruebot: https://jira.duraspace.org/issues/?filter=1312816:04
<whikloj>ruebot: on the screenshot, did you try the "Share" link.16:06
<ruebot>whikloj: yeah - it is just a one off share email.16:07
<whikloj>ruebot: ahhh
<ruebot>awoods: if i save your link, still shows up private for me. i wonder if it a weird setting for my account somewhere?16:08
<awoods>ruebot: likely...16:09
ruebot: I just sent you a screen shot
ruebot: do you see something similar when you go to "Manage Filters"?16:10
* dhlamb leaves
<awoods>ruebot: anyways, in the meantime I can setup a notification for your documentation team. What do you want it to do?
ruebot: is there a confluence group for these people?16:11
<ruebot>awoods: let me ask robin dean. i think they want it sent to they're mailing list.
<awoods>ruebot: do you want an email at a certain frequency?
ruebot: do they want to use that same query you just saved?
<ruebot>awoods: same query.16:12
<awoods>ruebot: how often do they want the email?
* ajs6f leaves
<ruebot>awoods: weekly, and "Email this filter, even if there are no issues found"16:13
awoods: getting the list email address now
<awoods>ruebot: good
<ruebot>awoods++ #thank you!
<whikloj>ruebot: You may need 'Manage Group Filter Subscriptions' global permission.
<awoods>ruebot: once I get some time, I will look into you being able to do this yourself.
<ruebot>whikloj: where is that at?16:14
<whikloj>ruebot: just checking the help see step 4, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Receiving+Search+Results+via+Email
ruebot: I don't see the Recipients box when I subscribe to my own filter. But I am guessing that awoods does.16:15
<ruebot>whikloj: same here16:16
<whikloj>ruebot: same here, you do or don't see the Recipients box?
<awoods>Thanks for the tip, whikloj.
ruebot: I just added you to the secret group.16:17
ruebot: In a few moments you should be able to make your query public and establish notifications.
<ruebot>awoods: islandora-docs@googlegroups.com
<awoods>ruebot: you may need to logout/in
<ruebot>awoods: ah, cool.
awoods: i'll give it a few then
awoods++
<awoods>not yet16:18
ruebot: brb... let me know if you see the goods.
* scossu leaves16:25
<awoods>ruebot: any news?16:28
<ruebot>awoods: logged out and back in. still private.16:30
awoods: i'll create a new one.
awoods: i can select recipients now.16:33
awoods: doesn't look like i can put in an email address though. looks like a list of jira groups
<awoods>ruebot: I see the same16:34
ruebot: it is easy enough to create a group... as long as the members have confluence user-ids.16:35
<ruebot>awoods: ah, cool.
* scossu joins16:39
<ruebot>awoods: the filter is public now, so i've given them a choice on how to proceed. periodically check that link, or give me all the jira ids.
awoods++ #thanks again!
<awoods>ruebot: I just created the group: "islandora-docgardner" and added you to it.16:41
ruebot: you can set the notification of your filter to that group, and we can add user-ids as they come in.
<ruebot>awoods: awesome! thanks again.16:43
* dshalvi leaves16:50
* whikloj leaves16:59
* jrgriffiniii leaves17:17
* jgpawletko leaves17:31
* scossu leaves17:33
* awoods_ joins17:34
* awoods leaves17:37
* github-ff joins18:03
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/vmaZZ
fcrepo4/master 6e755b2 ajs6f: Prevent PUT/PATCH of resources that are not target of request...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins18:04
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #836: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1411 (master...FCREPO-1411) http://git.io/vmLse
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins18:16
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3848 (master - 6e755b2 : ajs6f): The build was fixed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/7141787b9cb1...6e755b2768b5
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/71333085
* travis-ci leaves
* jrgriffiniii joins18:17
* jrgriffiniii leaves18:18
* jgpawletko joins18:33
* ksclarke leaves19:05
* github-ff joins19:24
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/vmaiJ
fcrepo4/master aadf58d Esmé Cowles: Allow updating mimeType and filename properties...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins19:25
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #843: Allow updating mimeType and filename properties (master...fcrepo-1532-rebase) http://git.io/vm28z
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins19:27
[fcrepo4-release-tests] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/vmaPq
fcrepo4-release-tests/master a06a675 Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #13 from fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-1532...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins19:33
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-release-tests#44 (master - a06a675 : Andrew Woods): The build was broken.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-release-tests/compare/efb948515df0...a06a675808e5
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-release-tests/builds/71341987
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins19:36
[fcrepo-camel] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/vmaXp
fcrepo-camel/master 1fba7d9 Aaron Coburn: fixed minimum version number for camel dependency
fcrepo-camel/master 8a348ee Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #79 from acoburn/fcrepo-1636...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins19:39
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3849 (master - aadf58d : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/6e755b2768b5...aadf58de7a4a
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/71341514
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4/fcrepo-camel#193 (master - 8a348ee : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-camel/compare/f4d4f29901c1...8a348ee7ec6e
Build details : https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo-camel/builds/71342802
* travis-ci leaves
* ksclarke joins20:06
* jgpawletko joins20:38
* dhlamb joins21:19
* jrgriffiniii joins22:55
* jrgriffiniii leaves22:57
* awead leaves23:35
* awoods_ joins23:44
* awoods leaves23:48
* awoods__ joins23:55
* awoods_ leaves23:58
* awoods joins23:59
* awoods__ leaves00:01
* awoods_ joins00:06
* dhlamb leaves00:10
* awoods leaves
* awoods__ joins00:13
* awoods_ leaves00:16

Generated by Sualtam