Log of the #fcrepo channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* jgpawletko joins07:12
* dwilcox joins07:41
* mhwood joins08:05
* dhlamb joins08:33
* awead joins08:43
* whikloj joins08:48
* mikeAtUVa joins08:53
* jgpawletko leaves09:09
* jgpawletko joins09:12
* ajs6f joins09:19
awoods: Do you want to open a Hangout during the committers' meeting for people to use? Could be useful to have voice available.10:06
* mhwood leaves
<awoods>ajs6f: sure, we can do that... would you join?10:07
<ajs6f>awoods: I would leave it on in the background. I haven't had great experiences with trying to actively participate in long in-person meetings via Hangout. It's just never possible to get good voice pickup in the room, especially when, as is the case here, there's no time to plan logistics like surface-mount microphones or the like.10:08
<awoods>ajs6f: We can open the channel and see how it goes.10:10
<ajs6f>awoods: Good call.
* acoburn joins10:36
* jonroby joins10:37
* github-ff joins10:41
[fcrepo4] escowles pushed 1 new commit to audit-identifiers: http://git.io/vItAt
fcrepo4/audit-identifiers 1204257 Esmé Cowles: Addressing code review comments: Removing unused FedoraEvent.getIdentifier() method, creating PidMinterException, etc.
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins10:43
[fcrepo-audit] escowles pushed 1 new commit to audit-identifiers: http://git.io/vItAj
fcrepo-audit/audit-identifiers 7aee692 Esmé Cowles: Updating test to check the getEventID is used to build event URIs
* github-ff leaves
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!10:53
Project fcrepo4-T2 build #257: FIXED in 5 min 1 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-T2/257/
* ylchen: Replace fedora:Blanknode with fedora:Skolem in the code and in the ontology
* Aaron Coburn: swap out guava Optional for java8 Optional
* Aaron Coburn: remove guava splitter
* Aaron Coburn: removed guava Function
* Aaron Coburn: remove guava Iterables for a java8 stream
* Aaron Coburn: replace guava iterables with java8 streams
* Aaron Coburn: replace guava nullOrEmpty with Optional
* Aaron Coburn: replace guava transform with java8 stream map
* Aaron Coburn: replaced guava Predicate with java8 stream
* Aaron Coburn: remove guava Predicate in favor of java8 Stream API
* Aaron Coburn: removed RdfSerializationUtils class
* Aaron Coburn: update PR after feedback from ajs6f
* Aaron Coburn: import Collectors.toList statically
* Aaron Coburn: restore ternary operator
<ajs6f>Whoa! What's up with Jenkins?10:54
<acoburn>ajs6f: I think it's that my last PR didn't get squashed
<ajs6f>acoburn: Oh, cool.10:55
* travis-ci joins10:56
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-audit#36 (audit-identifiers - 7aee692 : Esmé Cowles): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-audit/compare/1465a974b8b0...7aee69229c9b
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-audit/builds/65579042
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins11:01
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3698 (audit-identifiers - 1204257 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.11:02
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/31fd31df19d8...1204257d6f97
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/65578788
* travis-ci leaves
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: I can't create an issue in Jira, I get "Exception: TypeError: GH.EpicConfig.epicConfig is undefined" any ideas? Are other people affected?11:05
* jgpawletko leaves
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: Try while watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_k5CSYKhg Might help.
mikeAtUVa: I had no problem creating an issue just now.11:07
<mikeAtUVa>ajs6f: I'll see if it works after waching the faith no more video;)
ajs6f: eh... it worked in Chrome... good enough.11:10
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: The important thing is that we keep building up our backlog. HIgher and higher and higher.
<mikeAtUVa>ajs6f: eh, it's mostly just to document work I've already mostly completed... though I suppose "mostly" means... all but the actual hard bit.11:11
ajs6f: awesome... it created issues each time it reported that error...11:15
* mikeAtUVa goes and cleans up jira.
<ajs6f>mikeAtUva: That's what you get for trying to do the right thing.
<acoburn>ajs6f: are you going to join the committer meeting remotely on monday?11:22
<ajs6f>acoburn: I'll be available for consultation.11:23
<acoburn>ajs6f: I wanted to bring up some issues about the underlying RDF libraries used by fcrepo
ajs6f: we use both jena and sesame
ajs6f: fcrepo-camel uses clerezza
<ajs6f>acoburn: We had no choice, at some point. We needed direct access to Sesema classes for streaming serialization. I'd be happy to see that go, but not to Clerezza— to Commons RDF.11:24
<acoburn>ajs6f: IMO it would be good to talk about rdf-commons and opportunities for standardizing
ajs6f: +1 for Commons RDF. I wanted to make sure you were involved in any conversation to that effect11:25
<ajs6f>acoburn: Sure, if you want. Personally, I think we should throw over the whole RDF thing and use emojis.
* scossu joins11:26
<acoburn>ajs6f: ;-)
<awoods>acoburn: could you add more context links to the wiki agenda?11:43
<acoburn>awoods: sure!
* dwilcox leaves11:47
* github-ff joins11:48
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] escowles pushed 1 new commit to audit-identifiers: http://git.io/vIqRB
fcrepo-camel-toolbox/audit-identifiers b95a011 Esmé Cowles: Fixing version, adding test coverage of using event.getEventID() to build URIs
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox joins12:01
* barmintor joins12:18
* barmintor leaves
* osmandin leaves12:22
<ajs6f>acoburn: One thing to remember: a lot of what we want with RDF is not related to manipulating resource directly. It's SPARQL (or PATCH, when that gets settled) or (de)serialziation.12:24
<acoburn>ajs6f: yes exactly. What I've seen in the code is mostly about serialization and acting on certain classes of sparql requests12:27
<ajs6f>acoburn: Right. And we do _not_ want to write that stuff ourselves.
<acoburn>ajs6f: especially since others have already written it12:28
<ajs6f>acoburn: Yes, and if they hadn't, I still wouldn't want to. Some kinds of algebra are interesting, but I'm happy to leave those kinds to Andy Seaborne et al.12:29
<acoburn>ajs6f, awoods: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NcUSHNz192GbdR5Zn3IyuYo3FuW_dHfcqknX0DY2n-A/edit#12:54
comments?
<ajs6f>acoburn: I can't see that.
<acoburn>ajs6f: sorry, I have to click on the "share" button….
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NcUSHNz192GbdR5Zn3IyuYo3FuW_dHfcqknX0DY2n-A/edit?usp=sharing12:55
<ajs6f>acoburn: Fine with me.12:57
<acoburn>ajs6f: so much for trying to stir up controversy12:58
<ajs6f>acoburn: You can only have controversy over something about which everyone cares.
* ajs6f1 joins13:05
* ajs6f leaves13:07
* dwilcox leaves13:20
<awoods>acoburn: feel free to link your google-doc to the wiki agenda.13:30
<acoburn>awoods: it should already be there, no?
<awoods>acoburn... indeed. you are that fast.
* dwilcox joins13:41
* mikeAtUVa has to go... see you in Indiana....13:58
* mikeAtUVa leaves
<ajs6f1>safe travels
* github-ff joins14:05
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/vIm4w
fcrepo4/master 7591601 Esmé Cowles: FedoraEvent now mints internal UUID for downstream use...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins14:06
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #812: FedoraEvent now mints internal UUID for downstream use (FCREPO-1507) (master...audit-identifiers) http://git.io/vIUkT
* github-ff leaves
* scossu leaves14:09
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-audit build #66: FAILURE in 12 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-audit/66/14:21
* travis-ci joins14:25
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3700 (master - 7591601 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/e6b0305bf2d4...75916010e5df
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/65607459
* travis-ci leaves
* scossu joins14:31
* ksclarke joins14:36
* ksclarke leaves14:39
* dwilcox leaves14:57
* acoburn leaves15:03
* dwilcox joins15:30
* dwilcox leaves15:38
* github-ff joins16:01
[fcrepo-camel] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/vIYsT
fcrepo-camel/master c301fff Esmé Cowles: Add eventID header...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins16:02
[fcrepo-camel] awoods deleted audit-identifiers at ae83927: http://git.io/vIYss
* github-ff leaves
* dhlamb leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-camel build #337: FAILURE in 1 min 15 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-camel/337/
awoods: Add eventID header
* travis-ci joins16:08
fcrepo4/fcrepo-camel#179 (master - c301fff : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-camel/compare/6259adc9618c...c301fffc1221
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo-camel/builds/65623306
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins16:09
[fcrepo-audit] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/vIYZH
fcrepo-audit/master 4be5066 Esmé Cowles: Use eventID to build URI instead of locally-generated UUID...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-audit] awoods closed pull request #14: Using eventID to build URI instead of locally-generated UUID (FCREPO-1507) (master...audit-identifiers) http://git.io/vIUQ1
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins16:17
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-audit#38 (master - 4be5066 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-audit/compare/aff7752fa793...4be506655fde
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-audit/builds/65624374
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins16:23
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/vIY8K
fcrepo-camel-toolbox/master 1aa6994 Esmé Cowles: Use eventID instead of locally-generated UUID when building event URIs...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins16:24
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] awoods deleted audit-identifiers at b95a011: http://git.io/vIY8D
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins16:26
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox#99 (master - 1aa6994 : Esmé Cowles): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/compare/446d9d604843...1aa699481fd8
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/builds/65626156
* travis-ci leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-camel-toolbox build #116: FAILURE in 5 min 1 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/116/16:28
awoods: Use eventID instead of locally-generated UUID when building event URIs
* github-ff joins17:00
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] awoods opened pull request #34: Use ${project.version} instead of hardcoded dep versions (master...fcrepo-1580) http://git.io/vIYiJ
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins17:01
[fcrepo-webapp-plus] awoods opened pull request #13: Use ${project.version} instead of hardcoded dep versions (master...fcrepo-1580) http://git.io/vIYig
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox joins17:02
* dwilcox leaves17:25
* jonroby leaves17:35
* whikloj leaves17:44
* scossu leaves17:52
* awoods leaves18:39
* jonroby joins19:45
* github-ff joins19:56
[fcrepo4] robyj closed pull request #810: Fcrepo 1555 (master...fcrepo-1555) http://git.io/vkpOZ
* github-ff leaves
* ajs6f1 leaves
* scossu joins20:00
* scossu leaves
* scossu joins22:53
* awead leaves22:58
* awead joins23:00
* awead joins23:17
* awead leaves00:12
* scossu leaves00:33