Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves00:02
* dwilcox joins03:18
* dwilcox leaves03:24
* dwilcox joins03:31
* dwilcox leaves03:45
* dwilcox joins03:58
* dwilcox leaves04:03
* dwilcox joins04:05
* dwilcox leaves04:38
* dwilcox joins05:03
* dwilcox_ joins05:09
* dwilcox_ leaves05:10
* dwilcox leaves05:13
* dwilcox joins05:16
* dwilcox leaves05:19
* dwilcox joins05:28
* dwilcox leaves05:40
* awead joins08:22
* dhlamb joins08:25
* acoburn joins08:34
* acoburn leaves08:35
* ajs6f joins08:39
* acoburn joins09:07
* ermadmix leaves09:10
* ksclarke joins09:14
* acoburn1 joins09:26
* acoburn leaves09:27
* acoburn1 leaves09:53
* acoburn joins10:07
* dwilcox joins10:08
* MohamedAR joins
* acoburn leaves10:25
* jgpawletko joins10:29
* dwilcox leaves10:30
* acoburn joins10:35
[standup]10:51
- finished https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1476 (standardized JSON handling)10:52
- finished first pass of https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1466 (solr integration)
- this is currently in review
- have working code and unit tests for the second part of fcrepo-1466 (triplestore integration)
- working on integration tests now
<escowles>acoburn: should I review fcrepo-1466 now, or wait for the triplestore part?10:53
<acoburn>escowles: do you have a preference?10:54
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!
Project fcrepo4-T2 build #213: FIXED in 5 min 18 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-T2/213/
Aaron Coburn: convert gson to jackson2 for JSON handling
<escowles>acoburn: I'd rather review it now before it gets bigger
<acoburn>escowles: they are set up as separate modules
escowles: I agree that reviewing them separately would be easier
escowles: also, fyi, there's a lot less code for the triplestore piece
<escowles>acoburn: good, then I'll get that reviewed ASAP, and the triplestore module can be a separate PR10:55
[standup]: reviewing fcrepo-1466 and fcrepo-1480
<acoburn>great, after the review, I'll just reopen the ticket and issue a separate PR
<escowles>- working on documenting and doing end-to-end test of internal auditor (fcrepo-1431)10:56
<MohamedAR>[standup]10:58
Created PRs for https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1480
https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-webapp-plus/pull/8
https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-vagrant/pull/10
<escowles>awoods is traveling today, but will look at fcrepo-1481 (adding internal auditor IT)10:59
<MohamedAR>escowles: Do I have a issue to work on?11:00
<escowles>MohamedAR: not yet
MohamedAR: i can make a ticket for updating audit-triplestore to reuse as much of the internal auditor code and constants as possible11:01
MohamedAR: it would also be good to have you walk through the requirements in https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+Audit+Service#Design-AuditService-ProposedRequirements and make sure the internal auditor handles them11:02
<MohamedAR>escowles: Thanks! I will get started with that then.
<escowles>i suspect there will be issues with external events referring to deleted nodes
MohamedAR: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-148411:05
* github-ff joins11:19
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] escowles pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/vfnbs
fcrepo-camel-toolbox/master 79ce4f9 Aaron Coburn: Implement a fedora to solr connector...
fcrepo-camel-toolbox/master 5ec6b93 Esmé Cowles: Merge PR #14 from acoburn/fcrepo-1466
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] escowles closed pull request #14: implement a fedora to solr connector (master...fcrepo-1466) http://git.io/vfYnQ
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins11:26
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox#42 (master - 5ec6b93 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/compare/de4c6d3b466c...5ec6b93c8bc4
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/builds/59569928
* travis-ci leaves
* whikloj joins12:01
* dwilcox joins14:00
* ksclarke leaves14:02
* dwilcox leaves
* github-ff joins14:26
[migration-utils] daniel-dgi opened pull request #6: Migrating RELS-INT appropriately. (master...rels-int) http://git.io/vfCce
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins14:31
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] mohideen opened pull request #15: Reuse AuditNamespaces and getAuditEventType from fcrepo-audit (master...master) http://git.io/vfCCa
* github-ff leaves
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: is there a reason dhlamb can't edit tickets even when they're assigned to him? Is there anything I can do to fix that?14:58
dhlamb: seems he's not on the channel... in general, did I characterize what you're trying to do in that ticket correctly?14:59
<dhlamb>mikeAtUVa: nailed it15:00
dhlamb: think awoods is in transit today
^ previous statement was directed towards mikeAtUVa, not myself
<mikeAtUVa>dhlamb: OK... I'll look it over..15:02
* github-ff joins15:03
[fcrepo-webapp-plus] escowles pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/vfCVd
fcrepo-webapp-plus/master 430914b Mohamed Mohideen Abdul Rasheed: Added audit profile to build a fcrepo-webapp that includes audit capability....
fcrepo-webapp-plus/master bd8b713 Esmé Cowles: Merge PR #8 from mohideen/internal-audit
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins15:04
[fcrepo-webapp-plus] escowles closed pull request #8: Internal audit (master...internal-audit) http://git.io/vv6Hr
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins15:14
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-webapp-plus#29 (master - bd8b713 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-webapp-plus/compare/3d4a505bc547...bd8b71331922
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-webapp-plus/builds/59605418
* travis-ci leaves
<ajs6f>mikeAtUva: Email awoods or dilcox; either of them should be able to adjust the Jira permissions.15:15
* ajs6f leaves15:16
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: do you know how to make releases of the various fcrepo-webapp-plus artifacts? we've added a new one since the interim release, and I'd like to add it to the audit.0 release so we can add it to fcrepo4-vagrant15:19
* MohamedAR leaves
<mikeAtUVa>escowles: we don't push any of those artifacts to sonatype...15:22
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: but the vagrant setup scripts can download them from github if they have been released15:23
<mikeAtUVa>escowles: we just push new version tags...
escowles: the commands are here... basically just mvn release:prepare -DreleaseVersion=X.X.X -DdevelopmentVersion=X.X.Y-SNAPSHOT -DautoVersionSubmodules=true -DpushChanges=false
escowles: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Fedora+Release+Process15:24
escowles: it makes a couple versions with updated pom files and a tag for the release version.
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: i'll take a look and see if i can figure it out -- not a big deal if we have to wait for awoods to do it tomorrow15:25
<mikeAtUVa>escowles: what version would it get? A point release? Would it be the only artifact with that new version?
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: it can be added to the 4.1.1-audit.0 tag along with the other audit artifacts15:27
<mikeAtUVa>escowles: try "mvn release:prepare -DreleaseVersion=4.1.1-audit.0 -DdevelopmentVersion=4.1.2-SNAPSHOT -DautoVersionSubmodules=true -DpushChanges=false"15:28
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: that tried to do something but failed, i think because one of the artifacts that's being pulled in isn't published (fcrepo-audit.jar)15:34
* jgpawletko leaves15:37
<mikeAtUVa>escowles: if the project won't build because it references a resource that isn't in a repo, that doesn't meet our requirements for a tagged release...16:01
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: yes, this is definitely a new "interim" release that awoods made just to be able to test the vagrant stuff before doing the real release, and i'm not sure if there are new requirements for this16:02
* jgpawletko joins
<escowles>so i'm not going to flail too much and just wait for awoods to be back tomorrow16:03
* dhlamb leaves16:10
* acoburn1 joins16:32
* acoburn1 leaves
* acoburn1 joins
* acoburn leaves16:34
* acoburn1 leaves16:45
* jgpawletko leaves16:52
* ksclarke joins17:42
* whikloj leaves17:59
* dwilcox joins18:31
* awead leaves18:55
* awead joins19:01
* awead leaves19:10
* awead joins19:12
* dwilcox leaves19:45
* jgpawletko joins20:00
* jgpawletko leaves23:18
* github-ff joins23:57
[fcrepo-camel-toolbox] acoburn opened pull request #16: Add camel-based triplestore indexing service (master...fcrepo-1466b) http://git.io/vf8f4
* github-ff leaves
* ksclarke leaves00:48
* dwilcox joins01:35
* dwilcox leaves02:02

Generated by Sualtam