Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves08:01
* ksclarke joins08:03
* mikeAtUVa joins08:07
* dhlamb joins08:33
* github-ff joins08:38
[fcrepo4] escowles created java-home-note (+1 new commit): http://git.io/vffEh
fcrepo4/java-home-note 7a6db15 Esmé Cowles: Updating JAVA_HOME info with simple explanation of Maven using JAVA_HOME and how to check/set it
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins08:39
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #776: Updating JAVA_HOME info with simple explanation of Maven using JAVA_HOME (master...java-home-note) http://git.io/vffur
* github-ff leaves
* ajs6f joins08:40
* github-ff joins08:41
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/vffzq
fcrepo4/master dcef9df A. Soroka: Merge pull request #776 from fcrepo4/java-home-note...
* github-ff leaves
* escowles joins08:45
* travis-ci joins08:48
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3601 (java-home-note - 7a6db15 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/7a6db152611b
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/59234704
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins08:55
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3603 (master - dcef9df : A. Soroka): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/8779cf0581cb...dcef9df89509
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/59235113
* travis-ci leaves
* ajs6f leaves08:56
* acoburn joins08:57
<ruebot>escowles: quick question. if i send a note out to mailing lists asking for feedback on auditTrail mappings, should i hit hyrdra-tech too?09:09
<escowles>ruebot: it wouldn't hurt -- though i expect the hydra people interested in audit stuff subscribe to fedora-tech too09:38
<ruebot>escowles: ended up just hitting the usual suspects: islandora, islandora-dev, fedora-tech, hydra-tech
<escowles>ruebot++ # covering all the bases09:39
<ruebot>escowles: thanks for updating FCREPO-1467 btw. still not sure what the protocol is :-)09:46
<escowles>ruebot: yep, fedora project definitely errs on the side of chatty09:47
* github-ff joins09:49
[fcrepo4] escowles deleted event-file at 5f2b221: http://git.io/vffbS
* github-ff leaves
* MohamedAR joins09:50
* github-ff joins09:53
[fcrepo4] escowles deleted upload-to-projection at b044ffe: http://git.io/vffAP
* github-ff leaves
* MohamedAR1 joins10:00
* MohamedAR leaves10:02
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-camel build #277: UNSTABLE in 2 min 2 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-camel/277/10:06
Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #609: UNSTABLE in 3 min 58 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/609/10:12
Yippee, build fixed!10:23
Project fcrepo-camel build #278: FIXED in 2 min 42 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-camel/278/
Yippee, build fixed!10:28
Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #610: FIXED in 5 min 18 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/610/
* ajs6f joins10:41
* MohamedAR2 joins10:58
* MohamedAR1 leaves
* ajs6f1 joins10:59
* ajs6f leaves11:02
<escowles>MohamedAR2: any update on https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1426 ?11:05
<acoburn>[standup]
* barmintor leaves
<acoburn>- working on fcrepo-1466
- integration tests beginning to behave, should finish solr integration today11:06
- will work on triplestore integration after that
* barmintor joins
<escowles>acoburn: that sounds great
<acoburn>question: I'd like to use a JSON library for a /very/ simple task, would you recommend Jackson?11:07
<escowles>acoburn: i think we're using gson elsewhere... let me check
acoburn: well, we're using jackson in some places and gson in others, so it's up to you11:08
<MohamedAR2>escowles: Still trying to get the unit test working. Having some trouble there as I'm refamiliazing myself with mokito and powermock.
<ajs6f1>escowles: We should probably standardize there and rely expliciltly on one.
<escowles>ajs6f1: yep, i'll write up a ticket for that11:09
<acoburn>ajs6f1/escowles: do you have a recommendation for which one to use?
<escowles>acoburn: i'd recommend jackson -- looks like we're using that most places, and just added gson for one or two things
<acoburn>escowles: thanks, will do11:10
<ajs6f1>acoburn: I don't know much about jackson, but I have used Gson and found it pretty straightforward. But then, I found XML Binding pretty straightforward.
<acoburn>ajs6f1: I'm only superficially familiar with both, but they're both pretty straight forward from what I've seen
<ajs6f1>acoburn: Sounds like escowles is saying that our committment is stronger to Jackson. Probably best to keep it that way unless we have a good reaosn to change it.11:11
<acoburn>ajs6f1: exactly11:12
<escowles>ajs6f1: acoburn: just looking into this now, but I see a lot of jackson references in the pom.xml files for fcrepo-http-common, -transform, -webapp, and -metrics11:13
<ajs6f1>escowles: Sounds like we've made a quasi-decision already.
<escowles>i see gson only in -http-api and -jms -- so i suspect that's my addition for passing the baseURL from the rest api to the event system
<ajs6f1>escowles: Or are you syaing we have some pom cleanup to do?
<escowles>ajs6f1: both: we may need to clean up the pom files to standardize what we're using, and we should covert the http-api/jms usage to jackson like everything else11:14
<ajs6f1>escowles++
<acoburn>next question: jackson1 or jackson2?11:18
<ajs6f1>acoburn: What are now using?
we now using?
<acoburn>looks like we're using jackson1
<ajs6f1>acoburn: Hm. Do you have time to experiment with bumping it up and seeing if everything still works?11:19
<acoburn>ajs6f1: sure, I'll give it a try11:20
<escowles>acoburn: yes, it looks like we're excluding the jackson2 that modeshape brings in...
<ajs6f1>acoburn/escowles: That could just be because of the maven exclusion settings that eddies left behind.
escowles. Speaking of pom gardening, this: http://books.sonatype.com/mvnex-book/reference/optimizing-sect-dependency-plugin.html has some good advice.
<escowles>in any event, our direct json use is pretty light (one exception mapper and an IT in Jackson, the aforementioned baseURL passing in gson), so we should be able to switch to the jackson2 that modeshape is using11:23
<ajs6f1>+1 to that. A slim footprint is good.11:28
<escowles>acoburn: ajs6f1: i created https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1476 for tracking the JSON library streamlining12:27
<acoburn>escowles++12:29
* acoburn leaves12:47
* acoburn joins12:53
* ksclarke leaves13:20
* jgpawletko joins13:38
* acoburn leaves13:52
* acoburn joins13:53
* github-ff joins14:06
[fcrepo4] ajs6f force-pushed Java8 from 7820ef9 to 51f952a: http://git.io/F98X
* github-ff leaves
* acoburn leaves14:47
* github-ff joins14:56
[migration-utils] mikedurbin pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/vfTCv
migration-utils/master e811073 Mike Durbin: Added error message to help debug idResolver issues.
* github-ff leaves
* acoburn joins14:57
* travis-ci joins14:59
fcrepo4-labs/migration-utils#12 (master - e811073 : Mike Durbin): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/migration-utils/compare/445a67972339...e811073be2ad
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/migration-utils/builds/59289057
* travis-ci leaves
* ksclarke joins15:49
* MohamedAR2 leaves15:53
* ksclarke leaves15:57
* ksclarke joins15:59
* dhlamb leaves16:10
* github-ff joins16:23
[fcrepo-camel] acoburn opened pull request #66: fix example code in README (master...fix-readme) http://git.io/vfTxf
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins17:39
[fcrepo4] TheStokoe opened pull request #778: Fix for behaviour described in fcrepo4-777 (master...fcrepo4-777) http://git.io/vfkE4
* github-ff leaves
* ajs6f1 leaves
* MohamedAR joins18:01
* acoburn leaves18:09
* ksclarke leaves18:26
* ksclarke joins18:35
* MohamedAR leaves18:45
* MohamedAR joins19:04
* ksclarke leaves19:05
* MohamedAR leaves19:54
* MohamedAR joins20:16
<terrellt>So does F4 support LDPatch?20:19
Because I send requests and it throws me a parsing error
* ksclarke joins20:33
* ksclarke leaves20:37
* ksclarke joins20:51
* MohamedAR leaves21:25
* MohamedAR joins21:47
* dhlamb joins21:56
* MohamedAR leaves22:14
* ksclarke leaves22:45
* dhlamb leaves23:09

Generated by Sualtam