Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dhlamb leaves00:03
* ksclarke leaves00:19
* dwilcox joins06:09
* dwilcox leaves06:17
* ajs6f joins07:30
* dwilcox joins07:36
* dwilcox leaves08:02
* dwilcox joins08:16
* ajs6f leaves08:20
* dhlamb joins08:42
* dwilcox leaves08:47
* whikloj joins08:54
* ajs6f joins08:55
<ruebot>I have some preliminary auditTrail mappings here: https://github.com/Islandora-Labs/islandora/blob/7.x-2.x/docs/technical-documentation/migration.md#audit-log-migration09:13
I'd love any thoughts/comments before I share it out wider
* dwilcox joins09:16
<awoods>ruebot: I will give it a look later in the morning. thanks.
* osmandin joins
<ruebot>awoods++09:17
* ksclarke joins09:19
* mikeAtUVa joins09:26
* ajs6f1 joins09:32
* ajs6f leaves
<escowles>ruebot: i see two things:09:36
1. you are mapping addDatastream to premis:capture, but the audit service maps it to premis:ingest09:37
2. the audit service differentiates between content updates (audit:contentModification) and property updates (audit:metadataModification) -- but since you have both metadata and content in datastreams, I'm not sure you can tell which is which, so probably safe to map them all to audit:contentModification09:38
<ajs6f1>escowles: Is audit:metadataModification < audit:contentModification?09:39
<escowles>ajs6f1: no -- there's no relationship now
ajs6f1: and i think it will be hard to reconcile that with the differences between f3 and f4
<ajs6f1>escowles: On your interpretation above, shouldn't there be?
If it's safe to use contentMod when it was actually a metadataMod...?09:40
<escowles>ajs6f1: for f3, i think that's accurate
ajs6f1: but for f4, the properties are more distinct from the content files
<ajs6f1>escowles: Hm. Not sure I'd agree with your interpretation of the term "content". To me, properties _and_ bitstreams are both forms of content, and my evidence is that fixity covers both.09:41
<escowles>ajs6f1: fixity covers properties? do you mean in the sense of timestamps and etag? because we don't checksum the properties do we?09:42
<awoods>ajs6f1: "fixity covers both"?
<escowles>i would be fine creating three types: contentModification (superclass) and metadataModification/bitstreamModification (subclasses)09:44
we'd want to update the f4 audit service to use bitstreamModification for file updates, but f3 could be mapped as contentModification
* MohamedAR joins
* MohamedAR leaves
* ajs6f1 leaves09:46
* ajs6f joins
* awead joins09:51
<ajs6f>escowles: Failing to do fixity over the properties make our notion of fixity kind of silly. It means that some of the most important facts about a resource are completely uncovered. I think that making a super-prop of contentMod is a good move.09:52
Sorry, super-type.09:53
* ajs6f1 joins09:54
awoods: You may have to telephone me into the hangout. My 'Net service here is shit. G- bless the local phone monopoly.
* acoburn joins09:55
* ajs6f leaves09:57
<escowles>afk10:00
<ruebot>escowles: 1. Yeah, I wasn't sure which one to use. I was looking at premis:creation too.10:10
escowles: 2. That's what I was thinking as well... unless we create a mapping of DSIDs, and if it is DC/MODS/RELS-EXT, then we can say audit:metadataModification, if not those, audit:contentModification.10:11
awoods: full islandora stack Java8 sanity test - https://github.com/Islandora-Labs/islandora_vagrant/tree/java8 - would you like me to reply to your mailing list message with that?10:12
<awoods>on a call10:13
<escowles>ruebot: re #1 - i'll update the audit ontology to have contentModification be the supertype of metadataModification and bitstreamModification, so you can do the map if it's worth doing, but you can also just use contentModification for either10:25
re #2 - create seems clearly about creating an object in the repo, capture/ingest seem very fuzzy and the descriptive text doesn't really make clear how they're different10:28
<ruebot>escowles: 2. cool. I'll change it to create, and update the ucsd namespace to audit.10:34
<escowles>ruebot: you're too fast -- i was looking at the ontology and thinking it would be easier to leave contentModification as meaning files, and create a new supertype called resourceModification -- do you mind updating again?10:40
<ruebot>escowles: so metadata and binary files would fall under that -- contentModification?10:48
* ajs6f1 thinks they would fall under resourceModification10:49
<escowles>ruebot: resourceModification would be the supertype, and contentModification would be for files and metadataModification would be for metadata
* github-ff joins10:51
[ontology] escowles created audit-ontology-update (+1 new commit): http://git.io/vvSut
ontology/audit-ontology-update 453a2fb Esmé Cowles: Adding resourceModification supertype of contentModification and metadataModification, clarifying descriptions
* github-ff leaves
<ruebot>escowles: ah, ok. so the mappings would be modifyDatastreamByValue -> contentModification/metadataModification, modifyDatastreamByReference -> contentModification/metadataModification, and modifyObject -> resourceModification
<escowles>ruebot: yes (or modifyDatastreamByValue/modifyDatastreamByReference -> resourceModification if you don't want to guess the type based on the datastream name/etc.)10:52
<ruebot>escowles++ #thanks!
* github-ff joins10:53
[ontology] escowles opened pull request #25: Adding resourceModification as a supertype of contentModification & metadataModification (master...audit-ontology-update) http://git.io/vvSzr
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins10:54
[fcrepo4] whikloj opened pull request #774: Allow override of JMS baseUrl ... (master...FCREPO-1259) http://git.io/vvSgv
* github-ff leaves
<escowles>[standup] cleaning up audit ontology to make mapping easier for f3 event types11:01
- ready to review fcrepo-1426 when it's ready
- waiting for feedback on fcrepo-1425 / vagrant setup11:02
<acoburn>[standup] working on fcrepo-1466 (camel workflows for Solr / triplestore)
- have working code, unit tests are in place, working on integration tests11:03
<escowles>awoods: any standup report?11:06
<awoods>on a call11:07
* MohamedAR joins11:11
[standup]
Working on tests for https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-142611:12
<escowles>MohamedAR: thanks!11:13
* acoburn leaves11:18
* acoburn joins11:26
* acoburn leaves11:27
<awoods>[standup] - review tickets and prepare for next week's LDP meeting in SanFran.11:33
ruebot: what are you asking re:Java8 sanity test?11:37
<ruebot>awoods: if you wanted me to reply to you on the list. the entire islandora stack builds just fine in Java8 via the updated islandora_vagrant scripts.11:39
<awoods>reubot: oh, please. yes, a list-reply would be great.11:42
escowles: what feedback are you waiting on re:fcrepo-1425?
<ruebot>awoods: on it.11:43
<awoods>escowles: a quasi-release of phase1 is already out
* acoburn joins11:44
<awoods>escowles: those quasi-release artifacts are used in the master fcrepo4-vagrant
escowles: re:the-email thread: [fedora-tech] [PCDM] Preservation Archive Format Migration Use Case
escowles: wasn't there a recent email discussion regarding a new property: "use"?11:45
<escowles>awoods: for fcrepo-1425, I'm waiting to see if anybody has any issues spinning up the vagrant, or with the triples generated11:55
<awoods>escowles: basically waiting on stakeholder feedback?
<escowles>yes, to see if there's anything else we should document in https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Using+Audit+Events+Phase+111:56
awoods: re the use property, i've seen a lot of discussions about it over the last few months, and I've been promoting it since we've used it at UCSD11:57
* dwilcox leaves
<awoods>escowles: It is not clear that any stakeholders are actually trying vagrant. How long should we wait on fcrepo-1425? until the end of next week?11:58
<escowles>so that's why i created the wiki page https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/hydra/File+Use+Vocabulary
<ruebot>awoods, escowles: I'm a stakeholder, and I went through the wiki page with vagrant about an hour ago. All good on my end :-)
<escowles>ruebot: awoods: that's good to hear!11:59
* MohamedAR leaves
<awoods>escowles: would your file-use-vocab relate to Max Eckard's response to the mentioned email thread?
<ruebot>awoods: you want me to reply to your email to kick the tires?
<awoods>ruebot: rock-on, please.12:00
<escowles>awoods: re: Max Eckard's message: yes, i think so -- i can respond to that with a suggestion that the file use vocab could be a simpler approach
<ajs6f1>awoods: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-134012:07
<awoods>ajs6f1: that is the ticket12:08
<ajs6f1>awoods: It's now a full ticket.
<awoods>ajs6f1: as opposed to a sub-task?
<ajs6f1>awoods: Right.12:09
awoods: And see the changed summary.
<awoods>ajs6f1: thanks. Was the transition painless?
<ajs6f1>awoods: Totally automatic, which was pleasantly surprising.
There's an action from the "More" menu.
awoods: It correctly set up the relationships.
<awoods>jira++ ;)12:10
* MohamedAR joins
<ajs6f1>@karma
Hm. I guess we lost the karma bot at some point.12:11
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f force-pushed Java8 from 776ac3c to fdde34d: http://git.io/F98X
fcrepo4/Java8 7284872 ajs6f: Step to Java 8
fcrepo4/Java8 3fface4 Aaron Coburn: updated travis-ci configuration
fcrepo4/Java8 5b930ad ajs6f: Removing obsolete PermGem flag
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox joins12:15
* travis-ci joins12:24
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3593 (Java8 - fdde34d : ajs6f): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/776ac3cb5014...fdde34d14653
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/58932711
* travis-ci leaves
* MohamedAR leaves12:25
* acoburn leaves12:31
* acoburn joins12:32
* github-ff joins
[ontology] escowles pushed 1 new commit to audit-ontology-update: http://git.io/vv9GE
ontology/audit-ontology-update 726edff Esmé Cowles: Fixing incorrect skos:narrower link
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f1>afk12:47
* github-ff joins13:20
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/vv9iA
fcrepo4/master c2bd525 osmandin: Return 501 upon POST/PUT for LDPR...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins13:21
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #757: Return 501 upon POST for LDPR (master...1396) http://git.io/j8pn
* github-ff leaves
* acoburn leaves13:24
* 18VAAGFTB joins13:36
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3595 (master - c2bd525 : osmandin): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/2412c1cd8230...c2bd525097b8
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/58940856
* 18VAAGFTB leaves
* osmandin leaves13:56
* MohamedAR joins14:00
* acoburn joins14:16
* github-ff joins14:56
[ontology] escowles pushed 1 new commit to audit-ontology-update: http://git.io/vvHgZ
ontology/audit-ontology-update 8c2a16f Esmé Cowles: Adding AllDifferent block asserting event types are all different
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins15:20
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to Java8: http://git.io/vvH1I
fcrepo4/Java8 51f952a ajs6f: Better exception handling in observation filters
* github-ff leaves
* MohamedAR leaves15:57
* MohamedAR joins16:02
* osmandin joins16:03
* dhlamb leaves16:18
* acoburn leaves16:21
* dwilcox leaves16:22
* osmandin leaves16:33
* jgpawletko joins16:40
* github-ff joins16:42
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to Java8: http://git.io/vvQCe
fcrepo4/Java8 c4cf788 ajs6f: Removing unneeded JcrPropertyFunctions class
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins16:54
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3598 (Java8 - c4cf788 : ajs6f): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/51f952ad308c...c4cf7885e0ca
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/58965286
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins17:03
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to Java8: http://git.io/vvQuu
fcrepo4/Java8 7820ef9 ajs6f: More type shuffling
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox joins17:04
* mikeAtUVa leaves17:06
* travis-ci joins17:12
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3599 (Java8 - 7820ef9 : ajs6f): The build was broken.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/c4cf7885e0ca...7820ef99c1de
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/58967903
* travis-ci leaves
* awoods leaves17:41
* awoods joins17:52
* whikloj leaves18:00
* dwilcox leaves18:13
* ksclarke leaves18:20
* MohamedAR leaves19:14
* github-ff joins19:23
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/vv7qf
fcrepo4/master 8779cf0 Jared Whiklo: Allow override of JMS baseUrl with system property fcrepo.jms.baseUrl...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins19:24
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #774: Allow override of JMS baseUrl ... (master...FCREPO-1259) http://git.io/vvSgv
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins19:32
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3600 (master - 8779cf0 : Jared Whiklo): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/c2bd525097b8...8779cf0581cb
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/58984099
* travis-ci leaves
* ajs6f1 leaves
* MohamedAR joins19:35
* MohamedAR leaves19:51
* dhlamb joins21:01
* escowles leaves21:58
* MohamedAR joins22:32
* jgpawletko leaves23:01
* MohamedAR leaves23:10
* MohamedAR joins23:24
* dhlamb leaves23:27
* MohamedAR leaves23:38

Generated by Sualtam