Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves02:00
* dhlamb joins06:37
* dhlamb leaves07:04
* escowles joins07:31
* ajs6f joins07:44
* awead joins08:03
* ajs6f1 joins08:12
* ajs6f leaves
* dhlamb joins08:15
* ajs6f joins08:24
* ajs6f1 leaves08:27
* awoods joins08:54
* mikeAtUVa joins08:56
<ajs6f>awoods: It's April. Do you want to move Fedora 4 to Java 8 before the end of May?
<awoods>ajs6f: that would be smooth timing.08:57
<ajs6f>awoods: Why?
<awoods>ajs6f: because of the timing of Java7 EOL, and the fact that in May was what we had planned.
<ajs6f>awoods: I thought we had just said spring. Oh, well. Do you have a spring in mind?08:58
<awoods>ajs6f: Do I have a spring in mind? not really... although I am not sure I follow.08:59
<ajs6f>awoods: Sorry— "sprint".
<awoods>ajs6f: sprints are pretty wide open: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Production+Sprint+Schedule09:01
ajs6f: it seems like you have done most of the work already...
ajs6f: are you thinking about a sprint to get others to test it?09:02
<ajs6f>awoods: It's a bunch of delta. It needs review and test.
<awoods>ajs6f: what timing works for you?09:03
<ajs6f>awoods: That depends on how closely involved I will have to be. My May doesn't look busier on one end than the other.
<awoods>ajs6f: I would say the earlier the better... without colliding with the audit-service sprint.09:04
<ajs6f>awoods: Okay by me.09:05
<ruebot>mikeAtUVa, dhlamb: are we doing Skype or Hangouts?09:16
<dhlamb>ruebot: i'm easy
* ksclarke joins
<mikeAtUVa>ruebot: either is fine with me... I don't know how to do two people in a skype call, so perhaps we hit the regular google hangout?09:17
<ruebot>i can do skype, i think we're skype friends.
<mikeAtUVa>ruebot, sounds good.
* MohamedAR joins09:18
<escowles>MohamedAR: I'm working on getting the gist I emailed you last night into the fcrepo-camel-toolbox project that acoburn setup09:38
<mikeAtUVa>ruebot, dhlamb: I posted minutes here... https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-04-10++Migration-Utils+checkin+Meeting+notes09:47
<ruebot>mikeAtUVa++
<dhlamb>fyi: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-144809:48
ticket to go along with that
please edit as appropriate, only choices were bug / epic / story, none of which seem appropriate for this09:49
<MohamedAR>escowles: I did some work on that yesterday. Currently configuring the pom to export dependencies from the gist code you sent. Should I push it?09:51
* acoburn joins
<escowles>MohamedAR: yes, go ahead and push your branch and we can figure out how to split up the work09:52
MohamedAR: was planning on doing standup at 11 with awoods
<acoburn>escowles, MohamedAR: would you like me to join the standup?09:53
<escowles>acoburn: sure!
<MohamedAR>escowles: sure.
<acoburn>escowles: is it a google hangout?
<escowles>acoburn: yes: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/c1glu6soq43r1rr6ou17qtobug8
<acoburn>escowles: at 11 EDT?09:54
<escowles>acoburn: yep09:55
<MohamedAR>escowles: https://gist.github.com/mohideen/9ad38754ce87f087e683#file-auditsparqlprocessor-java https://gist.github.com/mohideen/d7195c24232ea10ea87010:06
* osmandin joins10:10
<escowles>MohamedAR: i've got AuditSparqlProcessor compiling in a branch: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/tree/audit-processor10:11
MohamedAR: switched to using clerezza instead of jena for all the triple code, since it seems a little simpler than jena10:13
<acoburn>escowles: I've also found clerezza easier to use10:15
<osmandin>awoods: Can completed subtask tickets go directly into the "Closed" list? I'm assuming subtasks will be reviewed at the end when the parent ticket is closed, anyway?10:18
<awoods>osmandin: personally, it seems that "subtask" tickets convolute the JIRA flow. You alternately are able to simply "link" tickets with detailed relationships.10:19
<osmandin>awoods: ok, so create links instead of subtasks?
<awoods>osmandin: yes, please.10:20
osmandin: in any case, if a ticket is "closed" (subtask or otherwise) it should contain information relating to what was done to warrant closing... such as a link to a PR.10:21
<osmandin>awoods: yes, thanks for catching that. I've pasted in the link for that particular sub-task.
* travis-ci joins10:23
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox#4 (audit-processor - 9aca724 : Esmé Cowles): The build was fixed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/compare/66a459dd5d97...9aca7249a5e4
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/builds/57958288
* travis-ci leaves
<barmintor>ajs6f: all further communications from me will be annotated HTTP 1.110:37
<ajs6f>barmintor: Eh?
<barmintor>ajs6f: emails
<ajs6f>barmintor: Meaning that I mistook which thread to which you were responding?10:38
<barmintor>ajs6f: huh? No, I don’t think so.
<ajs6f>barmintor: So what does HTTP 1.1 have to do with anything?
<barmintor>ajs6f: that was the example I used?10:40
<ajs6f>barmintor: What is your example relies on HTTP 1.1?
s/is/in
I am totally confused now.
<barmintor>ajs6f: I am talking about the “Container URLs should end in /“ thread on fedora-tech10:41
<ajs6f>barmintor: Yes, I get that. I have no idea how HTTP 1.1. comes into it...
<barmintor>ajs6f: the example I replied to you with was in the form of a HTTP request
<ajs6f>barmintor: Yes10:42
<barmintor>ajs6f: my snark is that I will only send you annotated HTTP requests in the future
<ajs6f>barmintor: Ah. I shattered your snark with my powerful sword of blank incomprehension +3.10:44
<barmintor>there is really no more powerful weapon against a would-be joke
<ajs6f>barmintor: There is one: frank vulnerability.10:45
<escowles>acoburn: hangout?10:48
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo4-T2 build #201: UNSTABLE in 4 min 52 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-T2/201/10:52
awoods: Fix fcr:content/jcr:content mixup
<awoods>escowles/acoburn/MohamedAR: ...and of course tickets to help track the various work will be helpful.11:07
<escowles>awoods: my unit tests can be part of https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-144411:08
awoods: the vagrant work is covered by https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1446
awoods: so i can create tickets for ITs, functional testing and WAR file creation11:09
<awoods>escowles: +1
* travis-ci joins11:11
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox#5 (master - 657ee17 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/compare/751a7f804f4c...657ee1709cd3
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/builds/57964388
* travis-ci leaves
<escowles>awoods: acoburn: MohamedAR: i've created https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1449 https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1450 and https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-145111:12
<awoods>thanks, escowles!11:13
* travis-ci joins11:19
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox#7 (master - daf9aaa : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/compare/657ee1709cd3...daf9aaa2e438
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/builds/57965211
* travis-ci leaves
* osmandin leaves11:25
* travis-ci joins11:27
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox#9 (master - 1a276e2 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/compare/daf9aaa2e438...1a276e2c9b5e
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/builds/57966938
* travis-ci leaves
* whikloj joins12:13
<MohamedAR>escowles: Fixed the problem in the workflow. TypedLiteralImpl was not liking null values returned by getHeader.12:17
escowles: For the subject URI in audit-triplestore, should we generate a new UUID or use the JMSMessageID? We are currently using a dummy value - XXX12:18
<mikeAtUVa>ajs6f: if you have a minute, could you take a look at one part of this PR and make an RDF suggestion? I'm well out of my comfort zone... https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/migration-utils/pull/5/files#r28159262
<escowles>MohamedAR: that sounds great -- I think the subject URI should be a configurable base + a UUID12:19
mikeAtUVa: ajs6f: i'm on it
<MohamedAR>escowles: Thanks12:20
<mikeAtUVa>escowles: you rock!12:21
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: it's not every day that thoroughly understanding blank nodes is helpful!
<mikeAtUVa>escowles: at a higher level, does it make sense to use blank nodes there. Like to add a premis event with the datastream version that was migrated?12:22
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: yes, I think there should be an Event object to hold that instead of directly attached to the resource12:23
* travis-ci joins12:25
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox#10 (audit-unit-tests - 2519ec0 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/commit/2519ec0f629f
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/builds/57975235
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins12:29
[fcrepo4] ajs6f force-pushed Java8 from 2002521 to cdafa15: http://git.io/F98X
fcrepo4/Java8 c092d90 ajs6f: Step to Java 8
fcrepo4/Java8 7b97142 Aaron Coburn: updated travis-ci configuration
fcrepo4/Java8 e5f0483 ajs6f: Removing obsolete PermGem flag
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins12:37
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3551 (Java8 - cdafa15 : ajs6f): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/2002521a01d7...cdafa1553523
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/57976347
* travis-ci leaves
<ajs6f>awoods: So did we say beginning of May for the Java 8 thing? Should I put that on as a maintenance sprint?12:51
<awoods>ajs6f: the beginning of May would be just right.12:52
<ajs6f>awoods: K-o
<awoods>ajs6f: sprint-6?12:53
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Production+Sprint+Schedule
<ajs6f>awoods: That's exactly what I was looking at. Should I change the sprint number to 6: Java 8, or something to signify the pseudo-focus?12:54
"6: Java 8"
<awoods>ajs6f: sounds good
<ajs6f>"Fedora 4: Sprint 6: Java 8"
<barmintor>awoods: is that 3.8.1 RC3 on Java 8 ticket assigned to me?13:01
<awoods>barmintor: is there a ticket?
<barmintor>awoods: right! excellent question13:02
<awoods>barmintor: I am guessing there is not.
* travis-ci joins13:07
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox#12 (master - acf068b : Aaron Coburn): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/compare/1a276e2c9b5e...acf068bc6d54
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/builds/57981344
* travis-ci leaves
<awoods>afk: stepping away for an hour or so.13:18
* acoburn leaves14:04
<ruebot>barmintor: RC3? what's in RC3?14:29
<barmintor>ruebot: Java 8
<ruebot>barmintor: ah!
<barmintor>ruebot: AAAAHHHHHH!!!14:30
<ruebot>barmintor: i wonder if djatoka will run with Java 8
<barmintor>ruebot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio
<ajs6f>barmintor: Seriously? What's the big deal with Java 8?14:31
<ruebot>barmintor: http://i.imgur.com/mkhVJEi.gifv
<barmintor>ajs6f: Support policy14:33
<ajs6f>barmintor: Meaning the speed with which old versions are dropped?
<barmintor>ruebot: thank you
ajs6f: the versions for which we are releasing software14:34
<ajs6f>barmintor: Everything old is new again.
<barmintor>ajs6f: jdk 7 will be EOL when 3.8.1 goes out
<ajs6f>barmintor: Java 8 will be EOL before we release 4.2, at the rate we're going.
<barmintor>but we will have release many, many 4.1.x's14:35
<ajs6f>barmintor: We can only approach freedom asymptotically.
<escowles_lunch>afk: will be back in about an hour14:44
* acoburn joins14:46
<ruebot>barmintor: RC4?15:15
<barmintor>ruebot: what? No
what are you talking about?
<ruebot>barmintor: Unable to update objects with multi-byte characters in DC/label after Fedora 3.8 upgrade
<barmintor>Willy? He’s not remembering things they did for 3.6
<ruebot>barmintor: just saw it come in on the mailing list
<barmintor>yeah, I just approved that message :)15:16
<ruebot>ah
<ajs6f>This stuff has come up before, I think. We've had some people who mix up their db char encodings during a migration.
<ruebot>well, I guess I'll hold back on my RC∞ joke
* ruebot can sympathize. going through an islandora release right now.15:17
45 modules
<MohamedAR>acoburn: Could use of a OSGi blueprint model prevent us from deploying to tomcat? I'm not sure if I am reading this right: http://camel.apache.org/using-osgi-blueprint-with-camel.html15:47
<acoburn>MohamedAR: possibly, we may need to switch that out for camel-spring15:48
MohamedAR: are you running into problems deploying to tomcat?
<MohamedAR>acoburn: haven't tried yet.15:49
<acoburn>MohamedAR: AFAIK it should work, but I'm not as familiar deploying camel routes to tomcat15:50
* dhlamb leaves
<MohamedAR>acoburn: I will try and keep you posted.15:51
<ajs6f>Out for the week. Stay as cool as this:16:26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYjjdrcIoJ4
* ajs6f leaves
<beermintor>I saw that awoods16:44
<awoods>just kidding16:45
* acoburn leaves
* whikloj leaves16:48
* mikeAtUVa leaves16:55
* github-ff joins17:12
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #754: Remove ignored IT test in FedoraResourceImplIT as a patch is not desired... (master...1381-3) http://git.io/hj0L
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins17:20
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/vveJw
fcrepo4/master 1b6303e osmandin: Log a warning if a user-supplied namespace was misinterpreted by Jena...
fcrepo4/master b3a3367 Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #755 from osmandin/1381-4...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins17:22
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3552 (master - 723571b : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/67494888385d...723571be901d
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/58013048
* travis-ci leaves
<escowles_lunch>awoods: i'm wrapping up for the day -- on monday morning, i'll take a look at adding audit-triplestore to vagrant and start documenting that17:25
<escowles>boy, that was a long lunch...
<awoods>have a good weekend, escowles
escowles: no war file yet
<escowles>awoods: right, so that's the first step -- should be easy to add to the pom.xml to create the war, and then stick it somewhere for testing17:27
* escowles leaves
* travis-ci joins17:32
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3553 (master - b3a3367 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/723571be901d...b3a33679db6a
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/58014164
* travis-ci leaves
* ksclarke leaves17:37
* MohamedAR leaves17:48
* travis-ci joins20:22
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox#19 (master - d8ea5b9 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/compare/acf068bc6d54...d8ea5b960217
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/builds/58031696
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins20:29
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox#21 (master - 6edabd5 : Aaron Coburn): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/compare/d8ea5b960217...6edabd57e21e
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/builds/58032137
* travis-ci leaves
* MohamedAR joins20:34
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-camel-toolbox build #1: SUCCESS in 1 min 43 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/1/20:35
* MohamedAR leaves21:02
* MohamedAR joins21:32
* dhlamb joins21:41
* MohamedAR leaves22:11
* jgpawletko leaves22:29
* awead_afk leaves22:48
* awoods leaves23:49
* awoods joins23:51
* dhlamb leaves23:58

Generated by Sualtam