Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* escowles joins07:15
* awead joins07:29
* acoburn joins07:50
* dwilcox joins07:53
* dhlamb joins08:21
* mikeAtUVa joins08:28
* osmandin joins08:48
* dwilcox leaves08:50
* ksclarke joins09:04
* mikeAtUVa leaves09:12
* dwilcox joins09:42
<osmandin>afk
* github-ff joins09:53
[fcrepo4] escowles created event-file2 (+1 new commit): http://git.io/veQ4l
fcrepo4/event-file2 cb4d302 Esmé Cowles: Fixing fcr:content/jcr:content mixup, tagging content events with fedora:hasContent property
* github-ff leaves
* mikeAtUVa joins09:55
* github-ff joins09:58
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #767: File event cleanup (master...event-file2) http://git.io/veQR6
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins10:00
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3544 (event-file2 - cb4d302 : Esmé Cowles): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/cb4d3025c9e8
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/57805784
* travis-ci leaves
* barmintor joins10:04
* github-ff joins10:05
[ontology] escowles pushed 1 new commit to audit-ontology: http://git.io/veQuV
ontology/audit-ontology 4335b0f Esmé Cowles: Removing derivativeCreation and indexing events
* github-ff leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-webapp-plus build #193: UNSTABLE in 1 min 2 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-webapp-plus/193/10:17
Project fcrepo4-release-tests build #158: UNSTABLE in 1 min 24 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-release-tests/158/10:18
* ajs6f joins10:22
<dhlamb>i'm trying to update two predicates that have the same object, and it's creating duplicates of each (presumably because the object is the same)10:24
https://gist.github.com/daniel-dgi/de7634a934a225347839
is there a way to prevent this? assuming it's a feature of sparql and not a bug
* dwilcox leaves10:25
<acoburn>dhlamb: are you doing the sparql-update on fedora or on a triplestore?10:33
<dhlamb>acoburn: on fedora10:34
<acoburn>dhlamb: and where are you seeing the duplicates?
<dhlamb>updated gist with results, btw. you can see the duplicates for the date entries
<acoburn>I'm not able to replicate that. What version of fedora are you using?10:36
<dhlamb>acoburn: built from source yesterday
<acoburn>from the repository snapshot? or from the current release?10:37
<dhlamb>acoburn: from master branch as of yesterday commit 3de050c781632dedf8e182ac099406017a1e22b610:38
<acoburn>hmm, I'll rebuild and try again after the tech call10:39
<dhlamb>acoburn: i'll try it from the release war and see if i still get the same results
acoburn: same, probably not happening til after tech call10:40
<ajs6f>awoods: They took the TAG submission for OR.
<awoods>ajs6f: indeed they did... but I believe for an abbreviated 25min session.10:41
<dhlamb>acoburn: just confirmed, it's only on nonrdfsourcedescrptions, not containers
<ajs6f>awoods: Fine with me. How much do people want to hear about this stuff, anyway?10:42
<acoburn>dhlamb: thanks — I was trying this on a container
<awoods>acoburn/dhlamb: sounds like a bug...10:43
<dhlamb>awoods: i'll make a ticket
<awoods>dhlamb: thanks... assuming acoburn can reproduce.10:44
acoburn, you know what I mean
* ruebot snorts10:45
<acoburn>awoods: confirmed
* whikloj joins10:46
<ajs6f>I'm here.10:47
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-04-09+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting
* dwilcox joins10:49
<ajs6f>The testing thing is _low_ priority.
ruebot++10:50
<ruebot>https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-143710:51
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!10:52
Project fcrepo4-T2 build #200: FIXED in 4 min 46 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-T2/200/
awoods: Update event machinery to collapse events about content nodes
* dwilcox leaves10:54
<ruebot>I have no permission here on my end.
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/fedora-tech/v-YONlOgTNI/lwgff_TitHAJ10:56
<dhlamb>awoods: i have a start work button. it's in progress now. sry for not doing that.10:57
<ruebot>https://github.com/Islandora-Labs/islandora/blob/7.x-2.x/docs/technical-documentation/migration.md10:59
awoods++11:01
<barmintor>escowles: I have an opinion about this11:08
<ajs6f>barmintor: Use your words, honey.
<barmintor>ajs6f: AS SOON AS SOMEONE ELSE STOPS I WILL
<ruebot>obenion
<barmintor>ajs6f_happiness++11:13
ruebot—
<ruebot>O_o
<ajs6f>barmintor++
What is "obenion"?11:14
<ruebot>a really bad portmanteau
<barmintor>opinion ~ s/pin/ben/
<ajs6f>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116282/quotes#qt046360111:16
<barmintor>lol
Yah, that’s a good one doncha know.11:17
<ajs6f>I love that movie. Carl Showalter is a personal idol of mine.
<escowles>barmintor: how dare you suggest architectural changes in the committers' call?11:18
<barmintor>escowles: but it wasn’t on the agenda
<ajs6f>escowles: You're begging the question of whether we actually have an architecture. We have more of a vague sense of decor.11:19
<barmintor>good god am I under caffeinated
<ruebot>+111:27
<whikloj>awoods++
<ajs6f>I didn't realize that we supported a community.
<mikeAtUVa>I'm glad we have a placeholder... that'll do for now.11:28
<ajs6f>+1
<escowles>+1
<acoburn>+1
<whikloj>+1, we cool
* yinlin joins
* yinlin leaves11:29
<barmintor>ajs6f++ // just wanted to observe that this feels a little steering-y
<ajs6f>True that. I'm just always ready to rant about the underresource-edness of this gig.
<barmintor>yah11:32
<ajs6f>I big +1 to this ticket.11:38
* dwilcox joins
<ruebot>+1
<acoburn>+111:39
<barmintor>~
<ajs6f>barmintor: are you saying that this ticket has a mustache?
<barmintor>and those moustachios have consequences.11:40
<ajs6f>Sounds like the name of a Pavement song.
<osmandin>ajs6f: I assigned the 1411 (create test) subtask to you. Thanks.11:41
<ajs6f>osmandin++11:42
<whikloj>+111:43
<ruebot>+1
<barmintor>I’ll just hangout here and whenever someone logs on tell them to go to #fcrepo11:45
<whikloj>barmintor++
<ruebot>barmibot
<barmintor>ruebot++
<dhlamb>yeah, bot it
GET OUT11:46
<ruebot>50/50 on portmanteaus today!
<barmintor>wait wait my namesake bot just tells people to leave that’s not cool
<dhlamb>call it amnityvillebot?11:47
<ajs6f>barmintor: On the contrary, it's the nicest thing you could do for people considering getting involved with Fedora.
<whikloj>barmintor: It could also kick the user
<ruebot>ajs6f++
<whikloj>ajs6f~~
<ruebot>notes added11:52
<escowles>ruebot++11:54
* dwilcox leaves12:09
* acoburn leaves12:10
<ajs6f>osmandin: do you have a branch for the RDF-only-for-one-resource thing? I'd rather write to it.12:15
<awoods>barmintor: flag me when you have the F3/Java8 ticket/merge behind you.12:36
* dwilcox joins12:41
* dwilcox leaves12:42
* acoburn joins12:46
* dwilcox joins12:55
* dwilcox leaves12:58
<ajs6f>awoods: I've thought it about it and frankly, I don't want to fool with moving the core model classes into management using Spring. Unless we go to CDI, I think the pain and suffering won't be well-enough requited.13:05
<awoods>ajs6f: that is not surprising13:06
<ajs6f>awoods: No. So that brings the conv exactly back to where it was a year ago or so.
* github-ff joins13:12
[fcrepo4] escowles pushed 1 new commit to event-file2: http://git.io/ve5JA
fcrepo4/event-file2 d232715 Esmé Cowles: Improving IT to correctly trigger duplicate events if event collapsing code is backed out
* github-ff leaves
<osmandin>ajs6f: Sorry, missed your msg. This is my branch: https://github.com/osmandin/fcrepo4/tree/141113:17
<ajs6f>osmandin: Okay, I'll send you a PR that should make your build fail until the fix is in.
osmandin: Probably not today, tho'.
<osmandin>ajs6f: Perfect. Thanks.
<ajs6f>osmandin: Did we agree on a 400 for requests that do the wrong thing?13:19
<osmandin>ajs6j: I don't think so, just some 4xx.13:20
<ajs6f>all: Any thoughts? ^^^
409, maybe?
<awoods>ajs6f: are you talking about non-subject RDF PUTs/PATCHes?13:21
<ajs6f>awoods: Yep.
406, maybe?
<osmandin>403?
<ajs6f>Oh, wait, no. Not 406.
So either 409 or 403 seem best to me.13:22
<awoods>ajs6f: really? "400 Bad Request" seems reasonable as well.13:23
<ajs6f>awoods; I think either 409 or 403 are more precise and equally "accurate".13:24
<awoods>ajs6f: I would vote for "409 Conflict" in that case.13:25
ajs6f: with some client-facing detail in the response body.
<ajs6f>osmandin: What say thee?
<osmandin>ajs6f: I'll defer to your judgement.
<ajs6f>osmandin: That shows poor judgement on your part.13:26
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3546 (event-file2 - d232715 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/cb4d3025c9e8...d232715b1b4b
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/57834665
* travis-ci leaves
<ajs6f>osmandin/awoods: Let's go 409 for now. We can change later if people throw tomatoes at us.
<awoods>ajs6f/osmandin: ++
<osmandin>ajs6f: I'm not sure how fcrepo is handling it elsewhere. I prefer 403 because it's more concrete.
<ajs6f>osmandin: How so?13:27
awoods/osmandin: Hang on, looking the actual def of 409:13:28
"The request could not be completed due to a conflict with the current state of the resource."
That's not usable for an intra-request conflict.
Only for conflicts between the request and the state of the resource.13:29
osmandin: Okay, let's go 403.
<barmintor>+1 on 40313:30
initially thought 400, but 403 is better if the request is otherwise okay
<ajs6f>That settles it. Going against barmintor is like swimming up Niagara Falls.13:31
<awoods>ajs6f/osmandin: sure. I will add that having client-facing detail on why the request is forbidden in the response will be needed here as well.
<barmintor>I have a tattoo that says “Only Salmon Can Judge Me”13:32
<ajs6f>"You got your peanut butter in my chocolate!"
OSCJM.
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!13:34
Project fcrepo-webapp-plus build #194: FIXED in 1 min 27 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-webapp-plus/194/
* github-ff joins13:38
[ontology] escowles pushed 1 new commit to audit-ontology: http://git.io/ve5sN
ontology/audit-ontology 79f8ab1 Esmé Cowles: Adding a contentRemoval operation to differentiate from object removal
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox joins13:41
* dwilcox leaves14:07
* ajs6f1 joins14:17
* ajs6f leaves
* dwilcox joins14:18
* osmandin leaves14:41
* github-ff joins14:43
[fcrepo4] ajs6f created ITfor1411 from master (+0 new commits): http://git.io/ve57S
* github-ff leaves
<escowles>awoods: are we doing sprint wrapup?14:48
<awoods>escowles: coming14:49
* travis-ci joins14:54
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3548 (ITfor1411 - 3de050c : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/ITfor1411
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/57847399
* travis-ci leaves
* acoburn leaves
* acoburn joins14:55
* tecoripa joins14:58
* osmandin joins15:03
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!15:08
Project fcrepo4-release-tests build #160: FIXED in 1 min 24 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-release-tests/160/
* github-ff joins15:17
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to ITfor1411: http://git.io/vedkQ
fcrepo4/ITfor1411 1455833 ajs6f: ITs for FCREPO-1411
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f1>osmandin: have fun with that ^^^15:18
<osmandin>ajs6f1: thanks.
<ajs6f1>sprater: Did you ever attack the CDI tutorials?15:25
* travis-ci joins15:26
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3549 (ITfor1411 - 1455833 : ajs6f): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/3de050c78163...1455833316ff
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/57852368
* travis-ci leaves
<ajs6f1>awoods: Does travis not run the ITs?
<awoods>on a call15:27
<ajs6f1>NNNNNNNNOOOOOO GSGIG FUOGHDOUFHD FNNNOOOOOOOOOOO
<sprater>ajs6f1: a long time ago. But yes, I did run through them all.15:28
ajs6f1: however, I recall almost nothing.
<ajs6f1>sprater: Excellent. The plan suceeded perfectly.
<sprater>ajs6f1: as I recall it seemd awfully magical. Very nice, if the details worked as cleanly as the higher-level descriptions of the framework led you believe they would.15:29
<ajs6f1>sprater: Computers, generally, are pretty magical. They're pieces of jewel-like crystal fused by laser beams into tiny alien brains. If that doesn't strike you as pretty out-there, I want to know what kind of drugs you use.15:30
afk bbs15:35
* dwilcox leaves15:43
* ajs6f1 leaves15:54
* sprater leaves15:55
* dhlamb leaves15:56
* ajs6f joins15:57
<awoods>ajs6f: travis-ci: mvn install -DskipTests=true -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true -B -V15:59
<ajs6f>awoods: Okay. Is that because it was timing out?
<awoods>ajs6f: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commits/master/.travis.yml16:00
ajs6f: that configuration was updated a year and a half ago.
<ajs6f>awoods: Is that a way of saying you don't know?
<awoods>ajs6f: that configuration flopped around quite a bit back then... because of timeouts, yes.16:04
* escowles leaves16:05
* ajs6f1 joins16:06
awoods: okay. I guess we get what we pay for, eh?
* ajs6f leaves
* osmandin leaves16:23
* ajs6f1 leaves16:25
* ajs6f joins16:28
* escowles joins
barmintor: awoods and i were talking about my half-baked suggestion for adding a REST API endpoint for audit events: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Audit+Service+Implementation+Proposal#AuditServiceImplementationProposal-Phase216:38
barmintor: our consensus: audit events aren't special and don't need their own API, they can just be resources in an LDP container16:39
* dwilcox joins
* dwilcox leaves
<ajs6f>+1 to things not being special
<barmintor>escowles: I think this is an important starting point16:40
<escowles>barmintor: ajs6f: external audit events can just be posted to a container, but we probably want some way for that to happen automatically for internal events
<ajs6f>escowles: That should be do-able from within the audit-info-generating gear that now exists.
<escowles>ajs6f: yes, or even a separate eventBus subscriber just for this
* mikeAtUVa leaves16:41
<ajs6f>escowles: Ooh, yeah, good call.
decoupling++
<escowles>ajs6f: i thought you would like that more than adding another REST API endpoint
<ajs6f>escowles: AMEN!16:42
<escowles>so this seems like it would be pretty similar to the fixity events we talked about at the committers call today16:43
<ajs6f>escowles: Yes, but now we have an impl plan. Or at least the kernel of one.16:45
out for the day
* ajs6f leaves
* awead leaves16:49
* acoburn leaves16:56
* acoburn joins16:57
* acoburn leaves
* jgpawletko leaves17:12
* escowles leaves17:19
* MohamedAR joins17:25
* jgpawletko joins17:43
* whikloj leaves17:46
* ksclarke leaves18:16
* MohamedAR leaves18:31
* jgpawletko leaves18:36
* travis-ci joins18:42
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox#1 (master - 751a7f8 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/compare/a3b01a141371...751a7f804f4c
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel-toolbox/builds/57878929
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins18:52
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/veFKL
fcrepo4/master 6749488 Esmé Cowles: Fix fcr:content/jcr:content mixup...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins18:53
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #767: File event cleanup (master...event-file2) http://git.io/veQR6
* github-ff leaves
* jgpawletko joins18:59
* github-ff joins19:58
[ontology] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/veFAu
ontology/master 53756a2 Esmé Cowles: Add ontology for audit event types...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins19:59
[ontology] awoods closed pull request #24: Adding ontology for audit event types (master...audit-ontology) http://git.io/veVqt
* github-ff leaves
* dhlamb joins21:00
* ksclarke joins21:23
* awoods leaves21:55
* dhlamb leaves23:19

Generated by Sualtam