Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves01:26
* escowles joins06:15
* dwilcox joins07:13
* dwilcox leaves07:18
* github-ff joins07:26
[fcrepo4] escowles created escfixity (+4 new commits): http://git.io/vePtL
fcrepo4/escfixity 53abddf Eric James: adding fixity events
fcrepo4/escfixity f93db08 Eric James: second pass
fcrepo4/escfixity 3a0528c Eric James: third pass
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins07:27
[fcrepo4] escowles deleted escfixity at ac6de9a: http://git.io/vePtz
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox joins07:33
* dwilcox leaves07:35
* travis-ci joins07:37
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3541 (escfixity - ac6de9a : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/53abddfbee5c^...ac6de9abeea2
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/57630610
* travis-ci leaves
* awead joins08:28
* dhlamb joins08:30
* mikeAtUVa joins08:36
* dwilcox joins08:39
* acoburn joins09:01
* mikeAtUVa leaves09:05
* mikeAtUVa joins09:10
* dwilcox leaves
* ksclarke joins09:13
* dwilcox joins09:41
* jgpawletko joins09:49
<ruebot>mikeAtUVa++ good reply. thanks for chiming about the community consensus. i completely forgot to mention that in my reply :-)09:51
<escowles>awoods: since Mohamed's out sick and hasn't pushed a branch or anything, do you think it makes sense to ask acoburn to take a stab at https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1421 ?09:56
<awoods>one moment...
escowles: can you ask Mohamed to push his branch? he seems to be on email.09:58
<acoburn>escowles: sure thing
<escowles>awoods: yep, will do
<acoburn>escowles: I have a workflow that does this for a cassandra db that's almost ready
escowles: I picked cassandra, since that's what I'd probably use locally, and I didn't want to duplicate efforts09:59
escowles: but I'd be happy to do the straight triplestore impl
it actually only requires two class files
<escowles>acoburn: that sounds great -- i think supporting a couple of different options would be ideal10:01
<acoburn>escowles: I think the most obvious options would be: triplestore, cassandra and MySQL — are there others?
even better, they would all be part of a single implementation (which is actually not hard at all)10:02
<awoods>acoburn++
<escowles>acoburn: the other backend i can think of (and maybe this is just my background here) is writing to the filesystem10:03
<acoburn>escowles: that makes sense — we'd have to think about how the storage for that would work. It's not immediately obvious to me (so as to avoid conflicts/overwritten data). Unless you mean like an apend-only log?10:05
<escowles>acoburn: i think append-only would be great, though we haven't specified what the event identifiers should be so i think just generating uuids for them or some other guaranteed-uniq id to prevent collisions would be fine too10:06
<acoburn>escowles: for the cassandra impl, I'm using the URI as a partition key and the primary key is a composite uri + timeuuid, so as to avoid conflicts. Either way, there needs to be some sort of uuid added10:08
escowles: but that's not set in stone, and may actually change by the time the code is committed10:10
escowles: if you'd like I can submit this code sooner so that you can see what it looks like — i.e. to base the other implementations on that structure?10:11
<escowles>acoburn: yes please -- i'd love to get started on the docs for camel+triplestore setup, so the sooner the better
<ruebot>awoods: do you know if there is a list of all the auditTrail actions in fcrepo3? I'm not seeing anything obvious in the documentation.10:12
awoods: <audit:action>addDatastream</audit:action> those
<acoburn>escowles: ok — I have to fit it between a few meetings, but I'll get it submitted before the end of the day10:13
<escowles>acoburn: thanks so much!
<awoods>barmintor ^^ mikeAtUVa ^^ re:ruebot
<ruebot>awoods: danke10:14
<mikeAtUVa>ruebot: yeah, in fcrepo3 to see the audit trail you have to export the object and then there'll be a magic datastream called AUDIT that has all the events.10:15
<ruebot>mikeAtUVa: yep. I got that. just want to make sure i'm not missing any10:16
mikeAtUVa: https://github.com/Islandora-Labs/islandora/blob/7.x-2.x/docs/technical-documentation/migration.md#audit-log-migration
<mikeAtUVa>ruebot: ooh... yeah... a list of actions... that would be useful.... I don't know if there is one.10:18
ruebot: just looking at your list, I dont' see any purge events... those are especially useful because if a datastream has been purged, there's no other evidence it ever existed.10:20
<ruebot>mikeAtUVa: ah, yeah!
mikeAtUVa: added one10:27
<escowles>awoods: ermadmix: my standup report: spent most of yesterday getting RDF vocab docs in shape and looking at fixity PR. i've got a few meetings today, but then i'll start on setting up camel and documenting the event-camel-triplestore setup10:44
<awoods>escowles: it would be great if you could get your eventual camel setup backed into fcrepo4-vagrant10:45
s/backed/baked/
[stand-up]: reviewing tickets, documenting outcomes from DC-Fedora-Users-Group10:46
<escowles>ermadmix: standup report?10:47
<ermadmix>awoods: escowles: my standoup report: made another pass at fixity events, esme made some changes on top of that, trying to bring this ticket to a close10:48
* acoburn leaves
<mikeAtUVa>dhlamb, ruebot: I have a scheduling conflict, would it be possible to reschedule Friday's migration-utils update to sometime that afternoon (or Thursday afternoon if you prefer)11:03
* acoburn joins11:04
* github-ff joins11:11
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/veX7t
fcrepo4/master 3de050c Esmé Cowles: Update event machinery to collapse events about content nodes...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #763: Collapsing node and fcr:content events to prevent duplicate messages (master...event-file) http://git.io/vem9m
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins11:17
[fcrepo-camel] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/veXFo
fcrepo-camel/master bcad7d0 Aaron Coburn: added support for user and userAgent JMS headers
fcrepo-camel/master c36e98c Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #64 from acoburn/fcrepo-1433...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins11:23
fcrepo4/fcrepo-camel#157 (master - c36e98c : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-camel/compare/0334c5329aa6...c36e98c79bd7
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo-camel/builds/57662111
* travis-ci leaves
* dwilcox leaves11:29
<dhlamb>mikeAtUVa: thursdays are usually pretty busy for me. anytime friday afternoon is fine.11:40
<mikeAtUVa>dhlamb, ruebot: how about 2:00PM EST Friday (3:00PM on PEI)?11:42
* awoods leaves11:43
* dwilcox joins11:46
<dhlamb>mikeAtUVa: works for me. RUEBOSS?11:47
<mikeAtUVa>dhlamb, reubot: gaah... scratch the change... my other apointment moved to 2...11:50
<dhlamb>mikeAtUVa: np
<mikeAtUVa>dhlamb, ruebot: 9:30 is still good... sorry for the confusino.
* awoods joins11:55
<barmintor>awoods ruebot I don’t know all the AUDIT messages off the top of my head, but I can probably look them up later today12:04
<ruebot>oh. hello.12:21
what's the difference between modifyDatastreamByValue and modifyDatastreamByReference
mikeAtUVa, dhlamb: we're still good with 9:30?12:22
<mikeAtUVa>ruebot: yes.
<ruebot>mikeAtUVa: cool. the screen bell never rings for me anymore with irrsi notifications :-(12:23
barmintor: i have a bunch outlined here. https://github.com/Islandora-Labs/islandora/blob/7.x-2.x/docs/technical-documentation/migration.md#audit-log-migration12:24
barmintor: not sure if i got them all
<barmintor>ruebot: modifyByValue = POSTED new DS contents12:25
modifyByRef = sent new dsLocation
* escowles leaves12:30
* awoods leaves12:34
* github-ff joins12:37
[fcrepo4-client] awoods pushed 3 new commits to master: http://git.io/ve1Vp
fcrepo4-client/master c8d366a Mike Durbin: Added method to create external datastreams.
fcrepo4-client/master 0f72538 Mike Durbin: Added integration test.
fcrepo4-client/master 0110b4d Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #17 from mikedurbin/external-datastream...
* github-ff leaves
* escowles joins12:40
* travis-ci joins12:44
fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-client#44 (master - 0110b4d : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-client/compare/be16ab52c563...0110b4d78def
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-client/builds/57674705
* travis-ci leaves
* dwilcox leaves12:47
* awoods joins12:52
* travis-ci joins13:05
fcrepo4-labs/migration-utils#3 (external-datastreams - c907e56 : Mike Durbin): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/migration-utils/commit/c907e56f373f
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/migration-utils/builds/57678099
* travis-ci leaves
* dwilcox joins13:12
<barmintor>dwilcox: I have a breif writeup of our pilot, and will send it over when it gets a thumbs-up from the other dept participating
<awoods>barmintor: thanks... dwilcox may not be actively online... Slovenia.13:13
<barmintor>awoods++ // thanks for the heads up13:14
<awoods>barmintor: or Chicago... that guy gets around.
<dwilcox>barmintor / awoods : I just happened to come online so I saw your message. Thanks for putting the report together. I am indeed in Chicago - Slovakia in a couple weeks :)
<dhlamb>does anyone know the prefix for the newly created http://fedora.info/definitions/1/0/access/ for objectStatus?13:16
trying to add it to datastream properties in migration-utils and am not sure as to the official naming of it13:17
<awoods>dhlamb: https://github.com/fcrepo4/ontology/commit/88766107f78a5d7fd1ebc3044142ea9034617e6113:18
dhlamb: that new ontology has yet to be published on the web.13:19
dhlamb: is objState the same as objectStatus for you?
<dhlamb>awoods: i think so13:20
<awoods>dhlamb: then: http://fedora.info/definitions/1/0/access/objState13:21
<dhlamb>awoods: problem is, i've added it like that. but shows up with as ns001:objState when i check it out in the web interface
awoods: was wondering what i could set the prefix as so it didn't come with that generated one13:22
<awoods>dhlamb: you need to define the namespace: "http://fedora.info/definitions/1/0/access/"
dhlamb: but once a namespace has been registered, such as ns001, your stuck with it.13:23
<dhlamb>awoods: yes, that's what i'm getting at. what do i register it as? access? fedoraAccess?
awoods: sry, i know i'm probably using all the wrong words to get my point across13:24
<awoods>dhlamb: you can use any prefix you like for namespaces, i.e. "@prefix whatever: http://fedora.info/definitions/1/0/access/"
<dhlamb>awoods: oh, so there's nothing canonical?
awoods: well that makes things easier, i guess13:25
<awoods>dhlamb: hopefully ;)
<dhlamb>awoods: ok, PR for migration-utils coming up then13:26
awoods: hopefully this will spark further discussion as to mappings from 3 to 4
awoods: i'm pretty much just throwing something out there to see what people think
<awoods>dhlamb: perfect, and thanks13:27
afk
<dhlamb>awoods: thx
* travis-ci joins13:28
fcrepo4-labs/migration-utils#5 (master - cbf42f8 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/migration-utils/compare/47261df78f35...cbf42f8bf181
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/migration-utils/builds/57681500
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins13:34
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3542 (master - 3de050c : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/9a70b5439794...3de050c78163
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/57661010
* travis-ci leaves
* acoburn leaves13:35
* acoburn joins14:34
<ruebot>acoburn: was there a hydra metadata wg call today?14:38
<acoburn>ruebot: yes
<ruebot>acoburn: oops
<escowles>ruebot: it's ok, we signed you up to do everytihing14:39
<ruebot>escowles: sure thing. it'll all be in php! #dolladollabillyall
<escowles>sounds great, just open the PR next year on 4/1 and i'm sure it'll be a good time for all14:40
<ruebot>escowles++14:41
* dwilcox leaves14:43
<dhlamb>all: seem to be getting duplicates when updating date triples. any idea why ?s my_date_uri ?o wouldn't be respected? https://gist.github.com/daniel-dgi/c128381592702007dcb714:44
* github-ff joins14:52
[fcrepo4] yulgit1 opened pull request #766: adding fixity events II (master...escfixity) http://git.io/veMPT
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins14:53
[fcrepo4] yulgit1 closed pull request #765: adding fixity events (master...erjfixity) http://git.io/veu6p
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox joins14:57
<awoods>dhlamb: I would need a little more context for your duplicate triples question.15:12
* jgpawletko leaves15:18
<dhlamb>awoods: sure. https://gist.github.com/daniel-dgi/e2d49ca26e2f486823c415:21
awoods: running this query seems to update properties in place except for the date properties15:22
awoods: admittedly, my sparql-fu is pretty weak. cribbing off code in migration utils and i'm a little lost15:23
<escowles>dhlamb: awoods: i think the problem is that you're using ?o multiple times for different values -- try making each one unique (?o1 ?o2 etc.) and it should work15:27
<dhlamb>escowles: same for subject, as well?15:28
<escowles>dhlamb: no, those ?s all refer to the same subject, right?
<dhlamb>escowles: yes15:29
<escowles>dhlamb: then they are good as-is -- basically ?x needs to point to the same thing every time
<dhlamb>escowles: the other question is, then, can i get away with <> instead of ?s for the subject, or would that need to be a variable?
<escowles>dhlamb: i'm not sure, let me try that out...
* acoburn leaves15:30
<escowles>dhlamb: <> works too
<dhlamb>escowles: ok, let me try making the objects unique and see what happens15:32
escowles: that did it!15:43
escowles: tx
escowles: *thx
* jgpawletko joins15:44
* dhlamb leaves15:59
<awoods>escowles++16:02
* jgpawletko leaves16:36
* mikeAtUVa leaves16:44
* dwilcox leaves16:56
* dwilcox joins16:59
* jgpawletko joins17:11
* dwilcox leaves17:29
* dwilcox_ joins
* dwilcox_ leaves17:55
* dwilcox joins18:05
* dwilcox leaves18:21
* barmintor leaves18:26
* ksclarke leaves18:28
* dwilcox joins18:30
* dwilcox leaves18:35
* ksclarke joins20:50
* awoods leaves20:56
* awoods joins21:14
* dhlamb joins21:58
* escowles leaves22:15
* dhlamb leaves23:15
* awead_afk leaves23:33
* dwilcox joins00:01
* dwilcox leaves00:39
* f4jenkins leaves01:12
* f4jenkins joins01:13
* ksclarke leaves01:33

Generated by Sualtam