Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves01:59
* barmintor_afk leaves05:02
* barmintor_afk joins05:04
* barmintor_afk leaves05:11
* acoburn joins07:55
* awead joins08:11
* dwilcox joins08:22
* dwilcox leaves
* dwilcox joins08:23
* ksclarke joins08:48
* mikeAtUVa joins08:52
* whikloj joins08:53
* ksclarke leaves09:13
* ksclarke joins09:16
* osmandin joins09:45
* mikeAtUVa leaves09:58
* ajs6f joins10:28
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo4-T2 build #179: UNSTABLE in 5 min 28 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-T2/179/10:53
<ajs6f>awoods/ruebot: Just joined.10:58
<ruebot>ajs6f: hola10:59
* mikeAtUVa joins
* escowles joins11:00
* barmintor joins
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-03-19+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting
<barmintor>ruebot++ // you deserve that star11:01
<ruebot>:-)
<ajs6f>n with a delay11:04
np
<barmintor>awoods: AFAIK the issue are all resolved, but the code is not merged11:07
awoods: https://github.com/fcrepo3/fcrepo/pulls11:08
<ajs6f>barmintor: You sound like a really scary aiien monster.11:09
<barmintor>awoods: Those issues all have tests, but I don’t want to merge them myself, because I want to minimize the chance of revisiting this11:10
ruebot: they’re all separated
ruebot: but I could merge them all… somewhere11:11
awoods: everything had tests in 3.8.0, I just missed things
<ruebot>+111:12
<whikloj>awoods: +1
<barmintor>awoods: ok, I’ll merge those PRs into the 3.8.1-SNAPSHOT11:13
awoods: We’ve been merging everything into 3.8.1-SNPSHOT
escowles++ // stupid microphones11:14
* dshalvi joins
<barmintor>awoods: sure, I will do that
* dshalvi leaves11:18
<ruebot>my brain has a vocal collision between utils and yudl11:24
<whikloj>migration-yudl11:25
<awoods>Guiding Principles11:30
Any Fedora4 feature should be available through an API which is an implementation of LDP or an optional extension (ideally an existing standard)
Fedora4 features should favor existing tools over custom code
Fedora4 features should establish integration patterns where an implementation is not a part of the core code
<ajs6f>awoods: I think it sounds neat.
awoods: It would keep the code/functionality ratio pleasantly low.11:31
<barmintor>if you patch in event data and include the timestamp of the event, can11:34
’t clients always just sort them?
<ajs6f>barmintor: I think we might actually have timestamp coming from JCR.
barmintor: It's not an insurmountable issue, just something we should note and take account of.11:35
<barmintor>ajs6f: okey doke
<ajs6f>http://www.day.com/specs/javax.jcr/javadocs/jcr-2.0/javax/jcr/observation/Event.html#getDate%28%29
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+Modeling+for+non-LDPC+objects11:38
<barmintor>I also think it is worth calving off the RDFResource ixn model issue, the no-system triples issue11:43
interaction model
“I also” == “I, too,”11:44
<whikloj>fedora + fuseki11:51
<ajs6f>Right, whikloj.11:52
* osmandin leaves
<whikloj>haha11:53
* dshalvi joins11:54
<ruebot>ajs6f++ barmintor++11:56
<barmintor>escowles: Obvisouly I might be wrong
* ajs6f is trying to get his head around the concept of barmintor being wrong.
<barmintor>escowles: but there is some grossness about the DS/LDP-NR thing w/ rdf MIMEs right now
<escowles>barmintor: i agree it could be tricky to handle both NonRDFSources and RDFSources in one Fedora 4 construct11:57
<barmintor>escowles: agree, this is why I don’t want to cram everything into Datastream :)11:58
I would probably s/weaknesses/obscurities/11:59
escowles++12:00
* dwilcox leaves12:06
* dwilcox joins12:12
<ajs6f>barmintor: will you have a chance to add the inx model analysis you gave to that page?12:19
<barmintor>ajs6f: yes
<ajs6f>barmintor: Rocktacular.
<ruebot>call notes are posted12:26
<awoods>thanks, ruebot
<dshalvi>ruebot: Thank you for the notes and sorry I missed this call12:45
awoods: With a target 3.8.1 test deadline by OR15, which is after Java 7 EOL, will 3.8.1 be targeting Java 8 even though pom.xml was just recently updated to target JDK 1.7?12:46
This would seem consistent with the recently stated policy on Java support12:47
<awoods>on a call12:48
<dshalvi>Happy to help with testing 3.8.1 btw12:49
<ruebot>dshalvi: np!13:17
<awoods>dshalvi: the 3.8.1/Java8 question is a good one. Thoughts, team?13:48
<ajs6f>awoods/dshalvi: dshalvi's point that the policy is clear is pretty inarguable. Does anyone see any problem with going to 8?13:49
<awoods>ajs6f: the only problem I see relates to additional testing
<ajs6f>awoods: Well, is that a problem, or an opportunity for people to feel good about themselves for volunteering?13:50
<awoods>ajs6f: mister lemons to lemonade13:51
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] escowles created prefer-parsing (+1 new commit): http://git.io/hznM
fcrepo4/prefer-parsing 2ab5967 Esmé Cowles: Making sure prefer header params isn't null (FCREPO-1406)
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #751: Making sure prefer header params isn't null (FCREPO-1406) (master...prefer-parsing) http://git.io/hzn5
* github-ff leaves
* jgpawletko joins14:16
* travis-ci joins14:25
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3499 (prefer-parsing - 2ab5967 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/2ab59671737a
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/55064878
* travis-ci leaves
<ajs6f>I'd forgotten how much I love the dreamy guitar stylings of FreeConferenceCall.com. Django Reinhardt must be spinning in his grave.14:55
<awoods>ajs6f: are you on the line?14:58
<ajs6f>Muted.14:59
<ruebot>dwilcox++15:00
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-03-19+-+Audit+Service+Planning+Meeting15:01
<ajs6f>The repository can only record what it knows.15:08
That's really seful for Shibboleth, for example.15:12
<ruebot>escowles++15:42
<ajs6f>Monotonicity.15:43
For people with tape system or the like, how often to run fixity is a non-triial question.15:45
trivial15:46
The service must answer our questions politely.15:47
<ruebot>ajs6f++15:50
Guiding principles from this morning's tech call?15:54
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2015-03-19+-+Fedora+Tech+Meeting16:00
<ajs6f>BEST AUDIT DESIGN MEETING EVVVVAAAAHHHH!16:09
* dwilcox leaves16:10
* escowles leaves16:11
* dshalvi leaves16:14
<ajs6f>awoods: I'm moving forward from my last comment on the bnode ticket. I don't see any way but to use a "magic path segment". I don't like it, because we shouldn't be overloading the identifiers.16:37
out for the day.16:46
* ajs6f leaves
* barmintor leaves16:47
* mikeAtUVa leaves16:49
* whikloj leaves17:56
* ksclarke leaves18:49
* ksclarke joins19:06
* acoburn leaves19:10
* jgpawletko leaves19:42
* ksclarke leaves21:02
* ksclarke joins21:17
* awoods leaves21:49
* awead leaves22:19
* awead joins22:20
* awead leaves22:50
* awead joins22:51
* awead leaves23:02
* awead joins23:03
* awead leaves23:29

Generated by Sualtam